NEW Retired POP!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
BATMANFUNATIC

NEW Retired POP!

Postby BATMANFUNATIC » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Hey guys, I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that there are a few new retired POP!

From the Star Wars series, Gammorean Guard. I'm sure everybody saw this one coming from the DC lineup, Hal Jordan & Sinestro. Also from the DC series Green Arrow, Aquaman, Hawkman, and Martian Manhunter.
Last edited by BATMANFUNATIC on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Re: NEW Retired POP!

Postby Jango_Fresh » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:49 pm

Thanks, where did info come from?
2012 Rookie of the Year

BATMANFUNATIC

Postby BATMANFUNATIC » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:51 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:Thanks, where did info come from?

No problem! And they are now unavailable from Funko. Usually that's a big sign as it is the same method that was used to let previous retired POP! go. So, if you are interested in any of those pieces and have yet to get them, now might be the time.

lucky19

Postby lucky19 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Awww and I need Gammorean Guard, :-( anyone want to trade for a riddler?

BATMANFUNATIC

Postby BATMANFUNATIC » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:38 pm

lucky19 wrote:Awww and I need Gammorean Guard, :-(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POP-Star-Wars-G ... 319wt_1156

Here is a link to a current eBay Buy It Now. It's by a Top Rated Seller, and $13 shipped is not bad at all!

edorice
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby edorice » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:45 pm

Wow, that's got to be saying that the last four DC Pops did not sell well at all.

BATMANFUNATIC

Postby BATMANFUNATIC » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:00 pm

edorice wrote:Wow, that's got to be saying that the last four DC Pops did not sell well at all.

Pretty much! Haha. And that's unfortunate. Cosmetically, I thought Hawkman was one of the better pieces.

jake1977jr

Postby jake1977jr » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:29 pm

That's strange about the DC series 3.I actually thought that was the nicest set out of all of the DC series.Did anyone else notice that before series 3 came out,the concept pics had Green Arrow with his classic Robin Hood looking hat? Wish they would have went with that look.

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:51 pm

let's speculate, being optimistic...

martian manhunter and aquaman are warming shelves (at comic book stores) near me. is anyone else seeing this? so they could be retired simply because they're not selling very well.

green arrow could be retired because of something related to the CW show coming out. perhaps funko is making pops related to that, or maybe it was just a strange licensing thing. it could very well have nothing to do sales or popularity or anything.

hawkman is confusing... he's very different in terms of design -- the wings -- and one of the more popular characters.

other than those, series 3 included shazam and two-face. i'd expect two-face to sell and stick around, especially with a new batman movie coming out. shazam is also not selling well around me, so his sticking around confuses me... but cool!

that said... i still don't have any series 3 pops besides two-face, so i guess i got some money to go spend!

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:21 pm

So, I know Hawkman's getting retired, but what about Hakwman?
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

tjbhab
Hall of Fame Class of 2013
Hall of Fame Class of 2013

Postby tjbhab » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:29 pm

Ugh I can't find any of Star Wars Series 2 at my local stores. Would much rather buy from a store than from eBay sometimes.
I'm Todd
COTM 10/12

Wobbler Wish List: Metallic Blue and Purple w/Black Crown Tux Wobbler Freddy.

BATMANFUNATIC

Postby BATMANFUNATIC » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:39 pm

jake1977jr wrote:That's strange about the DC series 3.I actually thought that was the nicest set out of all of the DC series.Did anyone else notice that before series 3 came out,the concept pics had Green Arrow with his classic Robin Hood looking hat? Wish they would have went with that look.

I never caught that! Interesting.

BATMANFUNATIC

Postby BATMANFUNATIC » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:42 pm

DocRamon wrote:let's speculate, being optimistic...

martian manhunter and aquaman are warming shelves (at comic book stores) near me. is anyone else seeing this? so they could be retired simply because they're not selling very well.

green arrow could be retired because of something related to the CW show coming out. perhaps funko is making pops related to that, or maybe it was just a strange licensing thing. it could very well have nothing to do sales or popularity or anything.

hawkman is confusing... he's very different in terms of design -- the wings -- and one of the more popular characters.

other than those, series 3 included shazam and two-face. i'd expect two-face to sell and stick around, especially with a new batman movie coming out. shazam is also not selling well around me, so his sticking around confuses me... but cool!

that said... i still don't have any series 3 pops besides two-face, so i guess i got some money to go spend!

I think you're pretty much hitting it dead on! Overall, I'm assuming, DC series 3 was likely a little bit of a let down. Two-Face and Shazam are sticking around, but I would for sure think
Hawkman would be sticking around over Shazam. Hmmm....

BATMANFUNATIC

Postby BATMANFUNATIC » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:43 pm

groundhog7s wrote:So, I know Hawkman's getting retired, but what about Hakwman?

Haha, I think Hakwman left us a couple of months ago!

BATMANFUNATIC

Postby BATMANFUNATIC » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:45 pm

tjbhab wrote:Ugh I can't find any of Star Wars Series 2 at my local stores. Would much rather buy from a store than from eBay sometimes.

I can you all of them but Gammorean Guard if you're interested? PM if you are.

Jax

Postby Jax » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:52 pm

I have found every Star Wars series 2 except for Jedi Luke. He's a hard one to come by.

However, I have yet to find a single DC series 3 in my area.

BATMANFUNATIC

Postby BATMANFUNATIC » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Jax wrote:I have found every Star Wars series 2 except for Jedi Luke. He's a hard one to come by.

However, I have yet to find a single DC series 3 in my area.

He's yours if you want him!

BATMANFUNATIC

Postby BATMANFUNATIC » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:02 pm

I'm assuming they are preparing for the fourth line as well! From what I've heard, and it could have been just speculation, the Masters of the Universe will drop before December. If I'm not mistaken, that's a part of DC. So should be interesting.

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:23 pm

I had been putting off buying these, so I guess now is as good a time as any... Just in case they do spike in price... Ended up ordering the 6pc set from Gemini via Amazon.com. Came out to just under $60 shipped. Can complain about that. Hopefully they arrive in good condition.

iGannon87

Postby iGannon87 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:31 pm

I'm also sure that unless people are avid comic book fans / readers... The general public really don't know who Shazam is, or Green Arrow, Hawkman, or the Martian Manhunter are. Aquaman kinda surprises me, cause I'm a n Aquaman fan.

But they're all definitely collecting dust at the stores near me as well.
My name is Chris!

Pops for trade:
Thor - Movie, Riddler, Penguin

Brian@Funko

Postby Brian@Funko » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:36 pm

BATMANFUNATIC wrote:
edorice wrote:Wow, that's got to be saying that the last four DC Pops did not sell well at all.

Pretty much! Haha. And that's unfortunate. Cosmetically, I thought Hawkman was one of the better pieces.

Guys series 3 sold very well..but we will strategically retire certain ski's because if the sheer magnitude of Pop! we have....we only have some much room...and you have NO IDEA how many sweet Pop we have coming out this year..

B

Death Proof

Postby Death Proof » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:38 pm

Brian@Funko wrote:
BATMANFUNATIC wrote:
edorice wrote:
we only have some much room...and you have NO IDEA how many sweet Pop we have coming out this year..

B

praise the lord!! :D
Peace Love and POP!
- Steve U.

Instagram: Firewater1983

jake1977jr

Postby jake1977jr » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:05 am

Brian@Funko wrote:we only have so much room...

I can give you my address to free up some of that room.I still need...HaHa!!!

singerguy04

Postby singerguy04 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:47 am

DocRamon wrote:let's speculate, being optimistic...

martian manhunter and aquaman are warming shelves (at comic book stores) near me. is anyone else seeing this? so they could be retired simply because they're not selling.

I havnt seen any series 3 in the wild except for when I went to a garage sale Murtz Comics (which is online only). How much are they at the comic stores near you? If they are cheaper than amazon with shipping I could send you some money via PayPal since no one near me is selling them! I have prime so they might not be, but if they're all priced below $10 in the shop it might be worth it.

By the way, speaking of Murtz, they have Gamorrean Guard in stock for $8.99.
http://shop.murtzcomics.com/Funko-POPS_c167.htm
I'm Jeffrey!
IN SEARCH OF: SDCC '15 - Rapunzel w/Frying Pan, Flame Anger, Both Baymax, Regina
NYCC '15 - Blue Mater, Flocked Stitch

busteruno

Postby busteruno » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:06 am

I'm jealous. I have yet to see any of the DC series 3 pops at my local stores =(

sirrichardrichard

Postby sirrichardrichard » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:01 pm

I thought series 3 were the best DC pops produced, Green Arrow and Hawkman being my favourite. Get them if you don't have them already! I'm excited with all the pop-ibilities in the next year.
I'm Daryl

edorice

Postby edorice » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:21 pm

Shazam is favorite series 3 Pop. I used to watch the campy show as a kid.

Capt Hook

Postby Capt Hook » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:30 pm

Were I still haven't seen any series 3 DC POP! in my area all I have been seeing are Batman,Batgirl,Wonder Woman,Green Lantern,Robin and Sincetro. I have never seen anyone else and in my area there isn't a comic book store anymore.

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:54 pm

i'm guessing that brian's comment is confirmation that these guys are retired. to be safe, i went out today and picked up the rest of Series 3 (already had the others). I did happen to notice that some of the aquamans and hal jordans that were there on wednesday were gone now, along with the one gamorrean guard that had been there for months.

MurtzComics

Postby MurtzComics » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:35 am

If anyone needs a Gammorean Gaurd, we have a lot at www.murtzcomics.com for $9. Get them while you can!

iGannon87

Postby iGannon87 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:39 am

Went out to pick up my Gammorean Guard yestrerday.
Series 3 DC is now disappearing from my comic shop.

How weird!
My name is Chris!

Pops for trade:
Thor - Movie, Riddler, Penguin

TanyaTate

Postby TanyaTate » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:47 pm

I have been stalling on picking up series 3. Mainly because I am running out of room and Disney 4 is coming. So I better hop to it.
WANTED: Hanna Barbara Huckleberry Hound POP Dark Purple, Light Purple, Orange, Red, Pink, Green and Dorbz Purple, Orange
My Youtube Channel

BATMANFUNATIC

Postby BATMANFUNATIC » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:10 am

Brian@Funko wrote:
BATMANFUNATIC wrote:

Guys series 3 sold very well..but we will strategically retire certain ski's because if the sheer magnitude of Pop! we have....we only have some much room...and you have NO IDEA how many sweet Pop we have coming out this year..

B

That is great news! Hawkman sold well! And there are new POP! on their way. Please, please....Pulp Fiction!

BATMANFUNATIC

Postby BATMANFUNATIC » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:11 am

sirrichardrichard wrote:I thought series 3 were the best DC pops produced, Green Arrow and Hawkman being my favourite. Get them if you don't have them already! I'm excited with all the pop-ibilities in the next year.

Amen!

Return to “Pop!”