Pop! in the NYC area?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
felfelcat

Pop! in the NYC area?

Postby felfelcat » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:21 am

Hi everyone, for the last few weeks I've been hunting for Pops! around the NYC area (mainly in Queens and LI) and found that most BnN have very limited selections, just want to know if anyone in the NY area know where i can find a better selection of pops, or perhaps a place where i would have a chance to grab up my first chase :razz:

Thanks!
Hello this is Felix
Waiting patiently for Final Fantasy Pops!

floydnjanicefan

Re: Pop! in the NYC area?

Postby floydnjanicefan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:31 am

When I was in the city not too long ago, a lot of the gift shops around Time Square had Pop. You know all those stores with the tacky I<3 NY Merch? Go into some of those and a lot of them have Cartoon Character/Pop Culture sections in the back. Of course there's also the giant Disney Store, which is where I first discovered Pops.

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:45 am

In the city itself I have found the best selection at the various comic stores (midtown comics, forbidden planet) and some of the more random stores such as mid town shops that sell ice cream and candy.

I live in NJ and aside frmo BN or local comic shops that's the best place for them.

i found 2 of my chase figures at a NYC comic shop and the other 2 from BNs in NJ.

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

felfelcat

Postby felfelcat » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:01 am

Thanks! I'll definitely go check out the big comic stores and keep my finger crossed =)
Hello this is Felix

Mister No Name

Postby Mister No Name » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:20 am

I live on LI, I don't do much Pop hunting but at the Roosevelt Field mall here there is a Disney Store which had quite a few Pop last time I was there, nothing rare though. There is also a Hot Topic which had some Batman and other superheroes. The Urban Outfitters had some Simpsons and Mickey and Minnie. And there is a gift store right next to the Disney store which had a few Simpsons Pop.

As for NYC itself, as said before Midtown comics is probably a good bet. Happy hunting.
Check out my site. http://ReloadReplay.com/

felfelcat

Postby felfelcat » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:13 am

Mister No Name wrote:I live on LI, I don't do much Pop hunting but at the Roosevelt Field mall here there is a Disney Store which had quite a few Pop last time I was there, nothing rare though. There is also a Hot Topic which had some Batman and other superheroes. The Urban Outfitters had some Simpsons and Mickey and Minnie. And there is a gift store right next to the Disney store which had a few Simpsons Pop.

As for NYC itself, as said before Midtown comics is probably a good bet. Happy hunting.

Thanks I been to Roosevelt Field mall before but didn't know that Urban Outfitters carry them as well, I'll go check it out, thanks for the heads up!
Hello this is Felix

kroffty
Hall of Fame Class of 2013
Hall of Fame Class of 2013

Postby kroffty » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:46 am

The World of Nuts was a chain in a number of spots around the city that always had chase Wobblers on the shelves but the stores just recently went under.

My hidden gem in the city is The Smoke Shop- 845 7th, between 54th and 55th. It's a tiny store with Funko on one side and cigars and hookahs on the other- no lie! Many of the pieces are up high and stacked in front of each other- the nice guys let me get on the step ladder and rummage myself, but the grouchy ones make one of the store boys climb up, and they have no idea what to look for. They just started carrying POP! and I recently saw an Elvis Chase on the shelves. They carry a surprisingly large selection and I've found a bunch of different Wobbler chases for those on the boards. Average Wobbler price is $12-16.

Toy Tokyo has a selection of POP!s and older Wobblers and sometimes even lets chase sit on the shelves with the rest of the pieces, which I was surprised and pleased to see. If you haven't been there, it's worth it just to see the eclectic inventory- Ron English pieces, Pullip dolls, a Nightmare Before Christmas section, and tons of different blind boxes, which is where I do most of my Christmas shopping for my 10 year old nephew's Advent Box- finding 25 gifts for a 10 year old is tough!!

felfelcat

Postby felfelcat » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:54 am

Thats awesome news Kroffty! I'll pay the smoke shop a visit and pray that i meet the nice guy there. I'll report back what I see. Thanks for the tip!!
Hello this is Felix

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Kroffty
Thanks for the tip. I work one ave away from the some shop. Good to know I have some options near the office

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

LakeBender

Postby LakeBender » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:41 pm

I marked it on my list of places to go when I am in NYC for COmic Con in October! Thanks for the tip.
Just call me Joe.

Most Wanted: Freddy Pop! 2011 -12 piece ones except Monkey

Mister No Name

Postby Mister No Name » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:06 am

felfelcat wrote:
Mister No Name wrote:I live on LI, I don't do much Pop hunting but at the Roosevelt Field mall here there is a Disney Store which had quite a few Pop last time I was there, nothing rare though. There is also a Hot Topic which had some Batman and other superheroes. The Urban Outfitters had some Simpsons and Mickey and Minnie. And there is a gift store right next to the Disney store which had a few Simpsons Pop.

Thanks I been to Roosevelt Field mall before but didn't know that Urban Outfitters carry them as well, I'll go check it out, thanks for the heads up!

They are there but I wouldn't recommend them. They have marked up the Pops by about $5. I guess it's expensive to be a hipster.
Check out my site. http://ReloadReplay.com/

felfelcat

Postby felfelcat » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:19 am

Mister No Name wrote:
felfelcat wrote:

They are there but I wouldn't recommend them. They have marked up the Pops by about $5. I guess it's expensive to be a hipster.

Yes they are. I ventured out to the city to both midtown comic. No chase n the pops r ard 12-13 dollar each
Hello this is Felix

Return to “Pop!”