Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Revenge of the Nerds Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Jaybrd1095

Re: Revenge of the Nerds Pops

Postby Jaybrd1095 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:29 pm

Must Haves!!

asiantonystark

Postby asiantonystark » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:12 am

I need this two-pack in my life.
hey, I'm Ryan

Image Image Image

ISO: Iron Man Protos | Spastik Plastik

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:43 am

That would be a good two pack.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:27 pm

asiantonystark wrote:Image

this is awesome but wormser is still the guy lol

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:00 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Bumping this thread because I just saw the Family Guy episode :D

Dude...let this thread die...I saw movie when in the 80's when it was out...I found it funny when I was little & still find some parts humorous but just go back a few pages...I rarely get on a soapbox these days...

I don't wanna see films like this Porkys, etc live beyond in toys and it's disappointing to see people just zip past the part where the content is totally disrespectful to women & say "oh yeah we NEED toys of this". Not aimed at you specifically Brett but yeah I think I made my opinion known in 2018, 2019 and again now lol

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:51 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:Bumping this thread because I just saw the Family Guy episode :D

Dude...let this thread die...I saw movie when in the 80's when it was out...I found it funny when I was little & still find some parts humorous but just go back a few pages...I rarely get on a soapbox these days...

I don't wanna see films like this Porkys, etc live beyond in toys and it's disappointing to see people just zip past the part where the content is totally disrespectful to women & say "oh yeah we NEED toys of this". Not aimed at you specifically Brett but yeah I think I made my opinion known in 2018, 2019 and again now lol

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:53 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:

No, I NEVER get mad...just disappointed in you guys. But we spoke about it years ago and I guess no one cares so carry on ;-)

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:59 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:Dude...let this thread die...I saw movie when in the 80's when it was out...I found it funny when I was little & still find some parts humorous but just go back a few pages...I rarely get on a soapbox these days...

No, I NEVER get mad...just disappointed in you guys. But we spoke about it years ago and I guess no one cares so carry on ;-)

the irony is that i actually agree with you. the movie came out during an era where the things shown in the movie were 'socially acceptable'...none of that stuff would fly in todays world, especially when we're talking about marketing toy/collectables. also not to compare the 2 movies, but funko did make a scarface pop and we all know what that movie is about.

in the end, just like you voiced your opinion about stuff you don't want to see made (again i agree with you), i've come to accept that others may still want to see things made despite others having differing opinions.

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:19 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

the irony is that i actually agree with you. the movie came out during an era where the things shown in the movie were 'socially acceptable'...none of that stuff would fly in todays world, especially when we're talking about marketing toy/collectables. also not to compare the 2 movies, but funko did make a scarface pop and we all know what that movie is about.

in the end, just like you voiced your opinion about stuff you don't want to see made (again i agree with you), i've come to accept that others may still want to see things made despite others having differing opinions.

Thank you for engaging on a real level it is much appreciated. I see where you're coming from and I am generally accepting of the differing opinions. However I have college age daughters. And rape culture is a real thing and this film has that element to it and I felt it worth pointing out. Several times lol And I loved Lewis & Gilbert and Booger as much as the next guy when I was a kid...but the father is me can't just sit there and chant nerds and celebrate with toys. Thanks again

Mert24

Postby Mert24 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:06 pm

Damn you nailed it, so many good pops could be made off this line.
:freddy4:

asiantonystark

Postby asiantonystark » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:45 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:No, I NEVER get mad...just disappointed in you guys. But we spoke about it years ago and I guess no one cares so carry on ;-)

Thank you for engaging on a real level it is much appreciated. I see where you're coming from and I am generally accepting of the differing opinions. However I have college age daughters. And rape culture is a real thing and this film has that element to it and I felt it worth pointing out. Several times lol And I loved Lewis & Gilbert and Booger as much as the next guy when I was a kid...but the father is me can't just sit there and chant nerds and celebrate with toys. Thanks again

Brooklyn, I'll be honest and say I didn't even look at the old posts before someone made a new comment in the last few days. I often view "Unread Posts" off the quick links, which is how I ended up on this resurrected thread. Seeing that comment gave me flashbacks to the better parts of the movies and how they made me proud to be nerdy cause let's be honest, being a nerd in the 80's and 90's was way different than being a nerd in current times. It's cool to be a nerd now. Back then, not so much.

In my opinion, the 80's gave birth to some great stuff but the content of film and TV were sometimes beyond crass, that's definitely become increasingly evident as I've gotten older (and hopefully wiser). I've gotta say, it's awesome that there's a real conversation beyond the collectibles on this topic. It's important for us to be able to discuss these more serious topics in the middle of chatting up vinyl collectibles.

Womanizing, rape culture and all the negatives we can cite from the movie aside, if we look at the awkward tri-lambs as a focal point, there's many similarities between their group and the Funatics. They were a diverse group from various beats in life and bonded over a love of being "different". Being a Funatic transcends pretty much every bias or stereotype you can list. Replace these tri-lamb sweaters w/ Funko letterman jackets and this could be a group of Funatics at FDO. Just replace that tri-lamb sign that Wormser is holding with a 36 inch Retro Freddy!! lol

hey, I'm Ryan

Image Image Image

ISO: Iron Man Protos | Spastik Plastik

alf_ie

Postby alf_ie » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:37 pm

There have been Pops made of way more incorrigible fictional movie characters/people than the Nerds.

Freddy Krueger anyone?
He was the spirit of a child killer who had been burned to death by his victims' parents after evading prison.

Michael Myers?
He first appeared as a young boy who murders his elder sister.

Maybe at Funkoween we'll see some monsters or villains. Kids still dress up as a blood sucking vampire killer from 1897 Dracula.

If you're not a fan of ROTN and don't agree with it, that's fine. But if I didn't enjoy Lord Of The Rings (which I'm particularly not a fan of), I'm not going into a LOTR thread and saying don't make em.
Fundays
2014 San Diego
2015 San Diego
2016 San Diego
2017 San Diego
2022 San Diego
2023 San Diego

Funkoween
2016 San Diego

Making Fun Movie Premiere
2018 Hollywood

FunKon
2021 Hollywood

IN SEARCH OF: 2011 Funko Freddy Flav any color
IN SEARCH OF: 2023 Funko Freddy Lex Luthor

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:03 am

alf_ie wrote:There have been Pops made of way more incorrigible fictional movie characters/people than the Nerds.

Freddy Krueger anyone?
He was the spirit of a child killer who had been burned to death by his victims' parents after evading prison.

Michael Myers?
He first appeared as a young boy who murders his elder sister.

Maybe at Funkoween we'll see some monsters or villains. Kids still dress up as a blood sucking vampire killer from 1897 Dracula.

If you're not a fan of ROTN and don't agree with it, that's fine. But if I didn't enjoy Lord Of The Rings (which I'm particularly not a fan of), I'm not going into a LOTR thread and saying don't make em.

My comments weren't intended to make anyone defensive so calm down killer. At the end of the day it's all opinions here and I stated mine respectfully and others have acted in kind. I take your point but it's apples and oranges comparing that happens in a HORROR film to a comedy. And there are a ton of licenses I don't care for and I don't purposefully go thru the forum commenting in those threads. However I'm not a person who's afraid to express a strong opinion and others can agree or disagree. If this was just a matter of taste I wouldn't have commented in the first place. I think there are a ton of other things people are interested in seeing & for reasons already stated I wouldn't personally care to see these.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:30 am

Mert24 wrote:

HA! This one's epic!!

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:43 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Mert24 wrote:

HA! This one's epic!!

This would be amazing. If they did a deluxe of the olympics?

Jaybrd1095

Postby Jaybrd1095 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:04 pm

I will support this cause!!

sneakmode

Postby sneakmode » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:40 pm

I thought the movie was great for its time but if these came out today as Pops there would be more negative things than positive, so they should probably pass on these.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:10 am

Never know there could be a reboot!

Jessedtaylor77

Postby Jessedtaylor77 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:08 pm

I’ve been asking for these for awhile. Need ogre and booger for sure.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:04 pm

[quote="rexflexall"]Never know there could be a reboot![/quote]

God I hope not, just seeing some of the whining in this thread I can’t even imagine they could not ruin a movie like this if made by the current crop of “talent” in the movie industry

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:24 pm

[quote="Mr Yac"][quote="rexflexall"]Never know there could be a reboot![/quote]

God I hope not, just seeing some of the whining in this thread I can’t even imagine they could not ruin a movie like this if made by the current crop of “talent” in the movie industry[/quote]

Contrary opinions to your own insistence that because other mediums that Funko has made toys of contain more harmful material by your estimation than "guys spying on girls in their underwear" as you put it is equivalent to "whining"...understood, sir... :rolleyes:

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:02 pm

i would've used another term instead of "whining" if this wasn't such a sensitive forum, but glad we have reached an understanding. ;)

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:22 pm

Very niche but I'm sure some people would buy them

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:28 pm

I would want a Booger pop at the very least lol
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:28 am

[quote="Mr Yac"]i would've used another term instead of "whining" if this wasn't such a sensitive forum, but glad we have reached an understanding. ;)[/quote]
Glad you showed your character with that one… :rolleyes:

randig

Postby randig » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:31 am

[quote="Trendkill24hr"]I would want a Booger pop at the very least lol[/quote]

I would say he has to be the first one made!
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:40 pm

[quote="Batz31"]Oh hell yeah make an ogre and the nerds in their lambda lambda lambda sweaters.[/quote]

A sweater pop combo please would be awesome!!!
:freddy3:

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:06 pm

[quote="brooklyn_geek"]
Glad you showed your character with that one… :rolleyes:[/quote]

forgive me for not needing to pretend to take the moral high ground over a nearly 40-year-old comedy movie bud. if you want your panties in a bunch that is on you, but the rest of us want a Booger pop lol

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:21 pm

[quote="Mr Yac"][quote="brooklyn_geek"]
Glad you showed your character with that one… :rolleyes:[/quote]

forgive me for not needing to pretend to take the moral high ground over a nearly 40-year-old comedy movie bud. if you want your panties in a bunch that is on you, but the rest of us want a Booger pop lol[/quote]

[-X No high ground here, clearly low hanging fruit, carry on

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:22 pm

[quote="brooklyn_geek"]

[-X No high ground here, clearly low hanging fruit, carry on[/quote]

ya know, you are right. this is a topic we clearly must agree to disagree on. and i apologize if i overstepped.

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:57 pm

NERDS.. NERDS..NERDS!!!!! would be a fun line to see idk how deep I’d dive into completing it though

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:17 pm

[quote="randig"][quote="Trendkill24hr"]I would want a Booger pop at the very least lol[/quote]

I would say he has to be the first one made![/quote]

Yes him, and Poindexter I would definitely look forward to adding to my collection
Hehe
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:00 pm

[quote="Mr Yac"][quote="brooklyn_geek"]

[-X No high ground here, clearly low hanging fruit, carry on[/quote]

ya know, you are right. this is a topic we clearly must agree to disagree on. and i apologize if i overstepped.[/quote]
Respect bro

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:50 am

[quote="Trendkill24hr"]I would want a Booger pop at the very least lol[/quote]

YES to Booger!!

wookieepool

Postby wookieepool » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:20 pm

I too would 100% buy revenge of the nerds, especially if showed up as Soda.
Most call me Emily, some call me Wookiee.

malvarez099

Postby malvarez099 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:45 am

Sign me up!! I’ll buy!

Goofy_Guy

Postby Goofy_Guy » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:00 am

Same...I'd love to see that and also a Movie Moment with Booger celebrating the burping contest and Ogre sitting with his hands to his head after being defeated.
My Name Is Sean :goofy:

randig

Postby randig » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:07 am

Goofy_Guy wrote:

Same...I'd love to see that and also a Movie Moment with Booger celebrating the burping contest and Ogre sitting with his hands to his head after being defeated.

Throw in the actual noises, that would be perfect
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:32 pm

I think this is great!! Funko may catch us talking about it so it could happen!!
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

drtorch

Postby drtorch » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:05 pm

randig wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:

Throw in the actual noises, that would be perfect

Awesome!

Return to “Pop!”