Box of Fun 2022

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
jkcohen626

Re: Box of Fun 2022

Postby jkcohen626 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:16 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Jade-Rex wrote: It looked like fun all around though.

It truly was a fun night, I’m not denying that. This is however a specific box of fun thread and the box of fun given out to us was down right sad and I truly find it hard to believe I am in the minority in being incredibly disappointed in what they offered us compared to what they offered the at home
Box which we can all agree should’ve been the lesser of the 2.

I thought everything they gave us last night was awesome. Freddy Loki and Optimus are two of my new fav Freddys, Macho Man is really neat and the Blacklight Freddys were cool. The issue is just the lack of variety.

In 2018 (the last time I went), my Mom and I came home with only two doubles, Steve and Robin (after trading as much as we could). This year, we got more stuff (3 more POPs per person + 3 Sodas instead of 1 Pez), but have 6 doubles of POPs and doubles of all three Sodas. In addition, we also got both metallic and non-metallic Loki and Blacklight Optimus and two regular Optimus (Not EXACTLY doubles, but not so far off either)

We are VERY good at trading what we can. We traded our extra of all of our Proto Robos stuff (POP, Sticker, Pin) and our extra Blacklight Optimus Freddy with people in the Pop Protectors, but there was just SOOOOO much stuff that was given to everyone that it made it impossible.

Then when you compare it to the variety that made it into the online box, it's easy to feel disappointed.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:46 am

jkcohen626 wrote:
Spoiler: show
Mr Yac wrote:

It truly was a fun night, I’m not denying that. This is however a specific box of fun thread and the box of fun given out to us was down right sad and I truly find it hard to believe I am in the minority in being incredibly disappointed in what they offered us compared to what they offered the at home

I thought everything they gave us last night was awesome. Freddy Loki and Optimus are two of my new fav Freddys, Macho Man is really neat and the Blacklight Freddys were cool. The issue is just the lack of variety.

In 2018 (the last time I went), my Mom and I came home with only two doubles, Steve and Robin (after trading as much as we could). This year, we got more stuff (3 more POPs per person + 3 Sodas instead of 1 Pez), but have 6 doubles of POPs and doubles of all three Sodas. In addition, we also got both metallic and non-metallic Loki and Blacklight Optimus and two regular Optimus (Not EXACTLY doubles, but not so far off either)

We are VERY good at trading what we can. We traded our extra of all of our Proto Robos stuff (POP, Sticker, Pin) and our extra Blacklight Optimus Freddy with people in the Pop Protectors, but there was just SOOOOO much stuff that was given to everyone that it made it impossible.

Then when you compare it to the variety that made it into the online box, it's easy to feel disappointed.

Two more things:

First, I do want to recognize how much more effort went into the Freddys this year than in previous years. Freddys are usually just head swaps, but, this year, Loki, Optimus, Thor, Atomic, Macho Man, and Snake Eyes all had modified heads! I appreciate that!

Second, if anyone has Freddy Maul, Mando, or Thor and would trade for one of my aforementioned doubles (we have doubles of everything that everyone got and it's all on the table), PM me! I'd love to chat!
Image Image Image Image

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:37 am

This is a very rare year where the selection in the BOF is better then the selection at Fundays. Reason most likely is filling the box with planned Pops for 2020/2021 before those events were cancelled. Hence they are almost definitely never topping that box again

But the Fundays Pops do have more completely new sculpts, and you get the really low quantities alongside additional figures and protos. If you traded or sold even just the lowest end Fundays figure you received there you could buy any BOF pop you wanted outside a select few variants.
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

PopBaron74

Postby PopBaron74 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:24 am

I’m definitely glad I was a able to be apart of the at home box of fun and Funko did do a great job with these Freddy’s this year! Was a bit shocked that in the person freddy boxes didn’t have as much variety as the in home boxes . But I would have been happy regardless to have just been there for the event! But was hoping to see more Blacklight pops since the event was black light!

TheerealJT

Postby TheerealJT » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:55 am

The boxes at fundays were great imo but this was my first time attending

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:52 am

This is my first one I’ve heard of the previous years with low piece counts to me it really seemed like they were trying to make everyone happy by keeping boxes close to the same and fair as possible im happy with my boxes for sure it was a fantastic experience and im glad I got to be a part of it!

angrykoalagear

Postby angrykoalagear » Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:08 pm

Super pleased with our Boxes of Fun we received at home. Very fortunate to not only get Freddy Maul but gitd! Also got Freddy Fresh, Aang, and Carnage and couple Squid Games pieces. Now to get Mando and Han. We had a blast at Fundays! Just need to get that Blacklight Freddy Soda!

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:09 pm

I was in Killer Crowns section but feel like I was born a Pop Protector lol. Is there anyone who has an extra set they can trade me? I’ll trade anything, pin, pop, shirt. Whatever you got thx!!
It’s me Lynda

TheerealJT

Postby TheerealJT » Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:54 pm

Popfanatics wrote:I was in Killer Crowns section but feel like I was born a Pop Protector lol. Is there anyone who has an extra set they can trade me? I’ll trade anything, pin, pop, shirt. Whatever you got thx!!

Once a killer crown, always a killer crown =P~

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:59 pm

TheerealJT wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:I was in Killer Crowns section but feel like I was born a Pop Protector lol. Is there anyone who has an extra set they can trade me? I’ll trade anything, pin, pop, shirt. Whatever you got thx!!

Once a killer crown, always a killer crown =P~

Clowns scare me! Especially the killer ones!!
It’s me Lynda

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:55 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

So this is my two cents - as far as the show - as usual I think it was a phenomenal show. I also think that they went for a more immersive experience by providing pops of some of the performers that were in the building because they wanted the offerings to represent more or less the theme of the event. I thought the music/the show/ the placement - everything was really good but there were some cornerstones that I felt a lot of funatics voiced concerns about missing.

I also want to give kudos and say the at home box was absolutely amazing and really did blow it out the water - almost would have rather had that box at the event but lol

I think the main things that threw some people off were
- the lack of variety amongst the event boxes of fun
- the higher peice counts than previous years
- the fact that there was no Funko POP! Sneaks at the event only loungefly
- the lack of a super short print LE sprinkled in the boxes (ie Freddy venom from Tiki Fundays)
- shortage of Freddy Funko As being handed out (jabbawockee and fluffy was cool but I think most wanted to see more Freddy as in general)

After seeing some clips of the Hall H event it seems as if they possibly may have separated the experience and saved some of the sneaks for the Hall H event.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:21 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
SithLord wrote:
Leosnchez wrote:Darth maul freddy glow is my favorite sheeesh

Wait.. wait.. wait!!!! He glows!!! I didnt see that! Now I reallly need this Freddy in my life!!!

I believe most of these if not all will glow or be metallic.

Man this box was amazing despite how other ppl get
INSTAGRAM: @Pop.A.Razzi

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:30 pm

That metallic Freddy Loki is a must……… best one in my opinion Optimus Freddy was cool though

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:41 pm

Just came back from SDCC and Fundays to open my box and found a regular Darth Maul so glad I got one. Like everyone I wanted the glow but I’ll take the regular no complaints.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:46 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Totally agree! One of my favorite memories is trading Freddie’s for the lines I collect. Wasn’t able to make trades this year since they were the same ;)

So this is my two cents - as far as the show - as usual I think it was a phenomenal show. I also think that they went for a more immersive experience by providing pops of some of the performers that were in the building because they wanted the offerings to represent more or less the theme of the event. I thought the music/the show/ the placement - everything was really good but there were some cornerstones that I felt a lot of funatics voiced concerns about missing.

I also want to give kudos and say the at home box was absolutely amazing and really did blow it out the water - almost would have rather had that box at the event but lol

I think the main things that threw some people off were
- the lack of variety amongst the event boxes of fun
- the higher peice counts than previous years
- the fact that there was no Funko POP! Sneaks at the event only loungefly
- the lack of a super short print LE sprinkled in the boxes (ie Freddy venom from Tiki Fundays)
- shortage of Freddy Funko As being handed out (jabbawockee and fluffy was cool but I think most wanted to see more Freddy as in general)

After seeing some clips of the Hall H event it seems as if they possibly may have separated the experience and saved some of the sneaks for the Hall H event.
Instagram- calebshiny

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:20 am

My spouse and I came up with a theory about the event BOFs. Every box was guaranteed to have the 2,000 piece squid game, either 1500 or 500 Optimus, and 1500 or 500 loki, right? Mathematically that makes sense. The 4th pop must have been pulled out and replaced with other ones from other boxes, hence why so many had duplicates. They must have ran out at some point and just used the hall h Demogorgon to fill the rest, or I have also seen in a few instances of people getting the mascots as their 4th. Must have been some kind of last minute licensing issue? Still dumb that they were all the same box but this theory puts my mind at ease why more than half the boxes I have seen had duplicates within them

FuegoGlorious

Postby FuegoGlorious » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:34 am

Managed to get my spooderman, niiiiiice
:SW7a:

Str3ak19

Postby Str3ak19 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:37 am

I know, We need to wait for the hype to pass. Just curious where everyone thinks the Fundays pops will level out at?
I need optimus BL and Summertime BL!

I am hoping they settle down quite a bit (hoping!)

friskykillface

Postby friskykillface » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:03 am

My brother and I didn’t pull a Glow Darth Maul or regular maul which was a bummer but got Spider-Man and Batman
Might try to trade the ones I wasn’t interested in for it but I’ll just wait I guess

Kinda odd how some people were complaining the fundays box of fun was better than the online box of fun, the fundays event at sdcc was always going to be better, it’s been better pre-Covid too

I’m going to manifest I make it to fundays 2023, let’s all make it :D
Hey, take care and have an awesome day.
I wish I knew how to add a gif/pic to my signature lol

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:35 am

friskykillface wrote:
Kinda odd how some people were complaining the fundays box of fun was better than the online box of fun, the fundays event at sdcc was always going to be better, it’s been better pre-Covid too

I’m going to manifest I make it to fundays 2023, let’s all make it :D

As somebody who was at fundays, I didn’t see a single person who thought the in person box was better.

jambes wrote:My spouse and I came up with a theory about the event BOFs. Every box was guaranteed to have the 2,000 piece squid game, either 1500 or 500 Optimus, and 1500 or 500 loki, right? Mathematically that makes sense. The 4th pop must have been pulled out and replaced with other ones from other boxes, hence why so many had duplicates. They must have ran out at some point and just used the hall h Demogorgon to fill the rest, or I have also seen in a few instances of people getting the mascots as their 4th. Must have been some kind of last minute licensing issue? Still dumb that they were all the same box but this theory puts my mind at ease why more than half the boxes I have seen had duplicates within them

I can’t wait for it to end up in an overpriced mystery box in a few months like Freddy Genie did in 2019

engu001

Postby engu001 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:43 am

My Box of Fun turned out great! Keeping all of them.

Joker3346

Postby Joker3346 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:58 am

The box of fun were great thus year

Stitch626

Postby Stitch626 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:04 am

My Box of Fun should arrive today. Hoping the Funko gods bless me with a Maul or Batman [-o< :bounce:
ImageImage
ImageImage. Image.

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:14 am

Overall, the boxes of fun this year did not disappoint at all ... i do hope the LEs remain this way for a certain period of time even if Fundays will expand next year to more attendees. Hoping to have another great set of Freddys next year both online and in person event. My wishlist is still for FUnko to have more LE 500 Freddys in the in person event
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:59 am

jambes wrote:My spouse and I came up with a theory about the event BOFs. Every box was guaranteed to have the 2,000 piece squid game, either 1500 or 500 Optimus, and 1500 or 500 loki, right? Mathematically that makes sense. The 4th pop must have been pulled out and replaced with other ones from other boxes, hence why so many had duplicates. They must have ran out at some point and just used the hall h Demogorgon to fill the rest, or I have also seen in a few instances of people getting the mascots as their 4th. Must have been some kind of last minute licensing issue? Still dumb that they were all the same box but this theory puts my mind at ease why more than half the boxes I have seen had duplicates within them

Something my brain can't wrap my head around. With everyone getting one of two boxes (Metallic Optimus or Metallic Loki), that only accounts for 1000 total boxes as each were LE500, which is like half of what the attendance was supposed to be in my mind if the group prizes were LE 2000. Which leaves an extra 1000 of each of the LE1500 for both Loki and Optimus floating about. I wasn't really paying too much attention but for me that's the only two combinations I saw at fundays.

FunkoEmu

Postby FunkoEmu » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:34 am

I lucked out and someone that attended Fundays (but missed the Box of Fun) wanted to trade me their LE1500 Optimus for my LE2000 Metallic Carnage. Pretty stoked about it.
ImageImage
SDCC: 2023, 2024
DragonCon: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
NYCC: 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:48 am

FunkoEmu wrote:I lucked out and someone that attended Fundays (but missed the Box of Fun) wanted to trade me their LE1500 Optimus for my LE2000 Metallic Carnage. Pretty stoked about it.

That's a fair deal.... Cant go wrong with it
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:33 am

funko_gtx91 wrote:That metallic Freddy Loki is a must……… best one in my opinion Optimus Freddy was cool though

Agreed metallic Freddy Loki was my favorite from the event. GITD Freddy Maul is another must for me at the moment.
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:53 am

My favorites at Funays were the lokis
I was able to get a pair at the event
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:14 pm

Got home from Fundays and didn’t get any of the Freddy’s I was hoping for, but the molds are awesome! The Masked Manager looks way better in person, and my daughter snatched Danny Phantom.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:37 pm

I’ll give my full analysis on Fundays, once I get back home to NY.
Image Image
ImageImage

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:49 pm

Came home to my online Box of Fun and a Spider-Man Freddy! Plus the Fundays shirt looks great!
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:49 pm

Str3ak19 wrote:I know, We need to wait for the hype to pass. Just curious where everyone thinks the Fundays pops will level out at?
I need optimus BL and Summertime BL!

I am hoping they settle down quite a bit (hoping!)

Not sure about Summertime, but I believe that Freddy OP BL will hold its value for a while. My husband had to have this one, so glad that I was able to make a trade for it. Good luck, really hope you get it too. It’s an awesome piece!
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

dboneo

Postby dboneo » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:51 pm

Congrats on everyone’s pulls

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:05 pm

Fugly16 wrote:

Something my brain can't wrap my head around. With everyone getting one of two boxes (Metallic Optimus or Metallic Loki), that only accounts for 1000 total boxes as each were LE500, which is like half of what the attendance was supposed to be in my mind if the group prizes were LE 2000. Which leaves an extra 1000 of each of the LE1500 for both Loki and Optimus floating about. I wasn't really paying too much attention but for me that's the only two combinations I saw at fundays.

A thousand people got a box that had neither and just had all the regulars. I was one of them. Surprised you didn't see anyone with that combo considering it was half the room, lol! Maybe it was just hard to see in the chaos of it all?
Image Image Image Image

billville

Postby billville » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:14 pm

I love how my BoF turned out! I ended up getting Metallic Carnage, Batman, and Aang from the Pop Protectors box. The only one I didn't want out of this box was Aang, as I don't watch Avatar or any anime. I'm hoping he will be good trade bait, or at least provide funds for the next set of pops :)
Hey everyone, I'm Billy and have been collecting for 7 years now :freddy3:

Pop Count: 1,100+
Instagram: @collectiBILLY

Image Image

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:36 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

A thousand people got a box that had neither and just had all the regulars. I was one of them. Surprised you didn't see anyone with that combo considering it was half the room, lol! Maybe it was just hard to see in the chaos of it all?

Whoa, I had no idea. I must have just not paid attention to the stickers and assumed one was a LE500 whilst I was looking.

swind15

Postby swind15 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:46 pm

:D My box of fun was finally delivered! I’m very satisfied and grateful with what I pulled and that I have my clown<3

My box included: Spidey, Prince Adam, and SG square.
Pop!: Lost count
Mystery mini: Lost count
Soda: 146
Dorbz: 140
Pop Pez: 31
Hikari: 21
Vynl: 22
Retro Freddy Funko: 4
Action Figures: 2
Wacky Wobbler: 2
Reaction: 2
Fabrications: 1

Original Fun Klub member# 14057

TheerealJT

Postby TheerealJT » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:58 pm

Makes sense. The hall h sticker definitely threw me off

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:00 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

Whoa, I had no idea. I must have just not paid attention to the stickers and assumed one was a LE500 whilst I was looking.

.. and some claim to have received both LE 500 Loki and Optimus. They probably also won either the Blacklight Optimus or the Freddy Soda. Some people have all the luck.

Return to “Pop!”