Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Box of Fun 2022

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Karebear101083

Re: Box of Fun 2022

Postby Karebear101083 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:04 pm

For Funko Funday we received two out of the three Optimus Primes and I couldn't be happier! Now I need to hunt for the the metallic Optimus. I also loved the classic Loki.

bitmap

Postby bitmap » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:06 pm

Box of fun included: proto robos, darth maul, squid games masked soldier and snake eyes. loving the darth maul one

bitmap

Postby bitmap » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:07 pm

Karebear101083 wrote:For Funko Funday we received two out of the three Optimus Primes and I couldn't be happier! Now I need to hunt for the the metallic Optimus. I also loved the classic Loki.

those optimus primes were so freaking awesome.

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:48 pm

fbingha wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:
A thousand people got a box that had neither and just had all the regulars. I was one of them. Surprised you didn't see anyone with that combo considering it was half the room, lol! Maybe it was just hard to see in the chaos of it all?

Whoa, I had no idea. I must have just not paid attention to the stickers and assumed one was a LE500 whilst I was looking.

.. and some claim to have received both LE 500 Loki and Optimus. They probably also won either the Blacklight Optimus or the Freddy Soda. Some people have all the luck.

Meanwhile my spouse and I both got TWO squid games in each of our boxes, and I saw several with either 2 regular Loki or 2 Optimus
Last edited by jambes on Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:18 pm

jambes wrote:
fbingha wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

Whoa, I had no idea. I must have just not paid attention to the stickers and assumed one was a LE500 whilst I was looking.

.. and some claim to have received both LE 500 Loki and Optimus. They probably also won either the Blacklight Optimus or the Freddy Soda. Some people have all the luck.

Meanwhile my spouse and I both got TWO squid games in each of our boxes, and I saw several with either 2 regular Loki or 2 Optimus

Unfortunately, the workers that Funko hires to pack the boxes screw up. Sorry that this happened to you. The squid games pop is obviously the least "valuable" pop in the box and leaves you unlikely to trade for what you missed out on.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:40 pm

Mr Yac wrote:I know I’m already the negative jerk on the boards, but I am
Beyond disappointed that the at home boxes were full of dozens of Freddy variations but those of us who made the trek and paid a heck of a lot more got the same 4 pops, and no a metallic variant doesn’t make it a new pop.

I know I’m going to get a crap load of “it’s an honor to go” but I am certainly scratching my head at how this happened.

You are expressing your thoughts, nothing wrong with that. Yes it is an Honor to attend Fundays now a days. I was happy to see the online Box of Fun contents. For people that cannot attend for any reason, it was a good thing. Even those of us who attended Fundays, we had a chance to buy the online BOF. Some years people are happy with the BOF at Fundays and some years some people are not. Just have to keep everything in perspective. I enjoyed this year’s Fundays and made an effort to meet more people from the boards in the line and after the event. I always to try to see the positive side of everything, and have come to realize that there is a positive side in everything.
Last edited by supertoygiant on Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:52 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
Beyond disappointed that the at home boxes were full of dozens of Freddy variations but those of us who made the trek and paid a heck of a lot more got the same 4 pops, and no a metallic variant doesn’t make it a new pop.

I know I’m going to get a crap load of “it’s an honor to go” but I am certainly scratching my head at how this happened.

You are expressing your thoughts, nothing wrong with that. Yes it is an Honor to attend Fundays now a days. I was happy to see the online Box of Fun contents. For people that cannot attend for any reason, it was a good thing. Even those of us who attended Fundays, we had a chance to buy the online BOF. Some years people are happy with the BOF at Fundays and some years some people are not. Just have to keep everything in perspective. I enjoyed this year’s Fundays and made an effort to meet more people on from the boards in the line and after the event. I always to try to see the positive side of everything, and have come to realize that there is a positive side in everything.

The only thing I can think of regarding the BOF during fundays is that this event was rushed. Not planned with enough time and like previous years. Fundays takes a lot of planning. I’m happy I got to attend and I had a blast. The BOF did not bother me not one bit. I enjoyed myself. So I get it. Not everyone was happy, but than again not everyone is perfect.
Image Image
ImageImage

TheerealJT

Postby TheerealJT » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:19 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

You are expressing your thoughts, nothing wrong with that. Yes it is an Honor to attend Fundays now a days. I was happy to see the online Box of Fun contents. For people that cannot attend for any reason, it was a good thing. Even those of us who attended Fundays, we had a chance to buy the online BOF. Some years people are happy with the BOF at Fundays and some years some people are not. Just have to keep everything in perspective. I enjoyed this year’s Fundays and made an effort to meet more people on from the boards in the line and after the event. I always to try to see the positive side of everything, and have come to realize that there is a positive side in everything.

The only thing I can think of regarding the BOF during fundays is that this event was rushed. Not planned with enough time and like previous years. Fundays takes a lot of planning. I’m happy I got to attend and I had a blast. The BOF did not bother me not one bit. I enjoyed myself. So I get it. Not everyone was happy, but than again not everyone is perfect.

Plus all of the supply chain/shipping issues

Vteck

Postby Vteck » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:24 pm

supertoygiant wrote:

To echo this sentiment everyone is always allowed to express themselves and yea more times than youll have folks who loved the box that was given at the event and others not so much lol. Alot of what Fundays is and has become is the experience of being there although some folks my not care for that others do. I missed out myself this year so it was definitely a bummer on the bright side alot of folks got to partake and go to the event.
Hello I'm Victor!!

Pop count:2300

Dorbz count:110

Proto count:6

ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:54 pm

TheerealJT wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

Plus all of the supply chain/shipping issues

That’s correct. Thank you for adding that.
Image Image
ImageImage

Davunko

Postby Davunko » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:07 pm

had a great time at Fundays and was happy with what came in our boxes. was also happy with a lot of the pops that were given out during the event. I also got to grab the Hall H Freddy from the Hall H Funko panel

daveruby

Postby daveruby » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:20 pm

I thought it was a great night!

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:34 pm

jambes wrote:
fbingha wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

Which 2 squid games? Did it replace the demogorgon?
It’s me Lynda

phnguyen

Postby phnguyen » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:15 pm

That 500 Le loki looks so good! Matches my Thor

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:17 pm

Popfanatics wrote:
jambes wrote:
fbingha wrote:

Player 456, out of both of our boxes we received two (4 total) and did not get the demogorgon. Others I spoke to got double Loki or Transformers as well, and no Demogorgon

GimmeFunkoNow

Postby GimmeFunkoNow » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:47 pm

This year’s is so much better than last year’s. Looking forward to next year.

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:52 pm

jambes wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:
jambes wrote:Meanwhile my spouse and I both got TWO squid games in each of our boxes, and I saw several with either 2 regular Loki or 2 Optimus

Player 456, out of both of our boxes we received two (4 total) and did not get the demogorgon. Others I spoke to got double Loki or Transformers as well, and no Demogorgon

I was wondering how they were going to make up the extra 400 since there were only 1600 demos. I guess they just doubled some. Too bad you got 4 of the same :(
It’s me Lynda

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:38 pm

I enjoyed both boxes of fun ! My favorite has been darth maul Freddy (matches my wobbler) and Optimus prime freddy!
Abel H 3 :freddy2:
The United Funko Family
Insta: FunkoBurro03

-Funkowood (Funko Hollywood) Grand Opening
-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-SDCC-Special Edition 2021- Pop! Quiz - Auditions (Rejected)
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023
-Camp Fundays 2023 (Sandwich survivor! Am I the only one who liked it)

friskykillface

Postby friskykillface » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:51 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
friskykillface wrote:
Kinda odd how some people were complaining the fundays box of fun was better than the online box of fun, the fundays event at sdcc was always going to be better, it’s been better pre-Covid too

I’m going to manifest I make it to fundays 2023, let’s all make it :D

As somebody who was at fundays, I didn’t see a single person who thought the in person box was better.

Think Darth Maul Freddy glow in the dark is what everyone wanted and not everyone is a transformer or Loki fan so I guess that’s why some people were bummed with the in person fundays box
Metallic Freddy Carnage then Glow Tron and Mandalorian Freddy were the other popular ones
Hey, take care and have an awesome day.
I wish I knew how to add a gif/pic to my signature lol

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:18 am

friskykillface wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
friskykillface wrote:
Kinda odd how some people were complaining the fundays box of fun was better than the online box of fun, the fundays event at sdcc was always going to be better, it’s been better pre-Covid too

As somebody who was at fundays, I didn’t see a single person who thought the in person box was better.

Think Darth Maul Freddy glow in the dark is what everyone wanted and not everyone is a transformer or Loki fan so I guess that’s why some people were bummed with the in person fundays box
Metallic Freddy Carnage then Glow Tron and Mandalorian Freddy were the other popular ones

I love the optimus. It will go so well with my bumblebee NFT. I really wish I was on the team to get the blacklight optimus.
Collecting since 2014

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:21 am

friskykillface wrote:

Just felt like a kick in the balls to spend the week seeing amazing pull after amazing pull from people at home only to actually get in there and open our boxes and every friggin one was the same. I know folks love the shows and the Party and while it’s a fun element of the event for me I’d be a liar if I said the amazing Freddys weren’t my favorite part of Fundays seeing what cool stuff you got and seeing all the awesome ones you didn’t , and I honestly feel like that was robbed from us this year. I know it’s never going to happen, but all I would like is to hear their reasoning for doing it, that’s all. But obviously I’m in the minority here as this board usually has a Funko can do no wrong mindset, I get it we’re all fans but at the end of the day this was a crappy move on their part and with that I am done with complaining about it ….. probably.

Dewdis

Postby Dewdis » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:29 am

Bought a bumblebee Freddy to go with Freddy optimus

NoobMaster69

Postby NoobMaster69 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:33 am

friskykillface wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
friskykillface wrote:

Not sure it's fair to say that everyone wanted Maul - pretty sure not everyone is a star wars fan. I will admit it's a dope pop so I'll give credit where credit is due. It's really difficult to appeal to everyone so I get why Funko diversifies.

Gsanch28

Postby Gsanch28 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:38 am

i didn't get my batman freddy funko but did get my Spiderman Freddy so either way I am so happy :freddy2: KILLER CLOWNS lol
:freddy1: " I don't know anything with certainty, but seeing the stars makes me dream"

Karebear101083

Postby Karebear101083 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:18 am

bitmap wrote:
Karebear101083 wrote:For Funko Funday we received two out of the three Optimus Primes and I couldn't be happier! Now I need to hunt for the the metallic Optimus. I also loved the classic Loki.

I completely agree they are amazing. Came home and we got the Ang for our BOF. I was so happy.

Karebear101083

Postby Karebear101083 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:19 am

bitmap wrote:

I completely agree!

Karebear101083

Postby Karebear101083 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:21 am

Has any received a metallic freddy funko carnage?

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:40 am

Kwiksilverpop wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:That metallic Freddy Loki is a must……… best one in my opinion Optimus Freddy was cool though

Agreed metallic Freddy Loki was my favorite from the event. GITD Freddy Maul is another must for me at the moment.

That GITD Darth Mail I hope one day to own

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:50 am

Mr Yac wrote:
friskykillface wrote:

Just felt like a kick in the balls to spend the week seeing amazing pull after amazing pull from people at home only to actually get in there and open our boxes and every friggin one was the same. I know folks love the shows and the Party and while it’s a fun element of the event for me I’d be a liar if I said the amazing Freddys weren’t my favorite part of Fundays seeing what cool stuff you got and seeing all the awesome ones you didn’t , and I honestly feel like that was robbed from us this year. I know it’s never going to happen, but all I would like is to hear their reasoning for doing it, that’s all. But obviously I’m in the minority here as this board usually has a Funko can do no wrong mindset, I get it we’re all fans but at the end of the day this was a crappy move on their part and with that I am done with complaining about it ….. probably.

Ngl the at home box of fun was flame broiling the event box of fun. I think my biggest quarrel was the lack of variety in the box of fun at the event. I miss the days when I’d sit down at a table and we all got something different. Only thing I could think of is they wanted to minimize the amount of trading going on or possibly the license utilization was effected by supply chain issues.. or it could have been a call from the new CEO - no telling but it was kinda weird that the at home boxes had more variety then the on site boxes but I guess the trade off for that was the peices were 2k and below but even that was kinda strange to me as Tiki fundays in person box was all 500 and below for the BoF
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:01 am

Came home and didn't even unpack before I opened my BOF, and it was well worth it! Go team Robos, Spidey for the win! :cheers: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

GimmeFunkoNow

Postby GimmeFunkoNow » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:29 am

This year’s was way better than last.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:31 am

This years was better than last years but overall there was nothing I really needed. The dart maul was the only thing but I am not paying extra for it.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:36 am

Recieved our BOFs yesterday

Mine: Prince Adam, Danny Phantom, Tron
My gfs: Darth Maul, Snake Eyes, Squid Games

Pretty happy with what we got overall!

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:10 am

funko_gtx91 wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:That metallic Freddy Loki is a must……… best one in my opinion Optimus Freddy was cool though

Agreed metallic Freddy Loki was my favorite from the event. GITD Freddy Maul is another must for me at the moment.

That GITD Darth Mail I hope one day to own

Yup the hunt continues for me as well. Good luck on your search :cheers:
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:10 am

Both my boxes of fun came damaged both my 4000 piece mauls took damage

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:17 pm

jambes wrote:
fbingha wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

That sucks, I'm sorry that happened to you guys. It is probably a lot harder to trade those extras for some of the others since they are not the popular ones.

JediMike1128

Postby JediMike1128 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:27 pm

Exciting to see everyone who scored a box of fun at home and attend fundays in person! Hoping to make it next year! :D
Check out my podcast on Spotify! ---> https://open.spotify.com/show/6lVOYfi1X ... eVW8A&nd=1
Instagram @FilmakerMike
Fundays 2018!
May The Force Be With You! :freddy2:

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:55 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
jambes wrote:
fbingha wrote:

That sucks, I'm sorry that happened to you guys. It is probably a lot harder to trade those extras for some of the others since they are not the popular ones.

I would imagine almost impossible to trade since everyone got them as well.

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:23 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
jambes wrote:Meanwhile my spouse and I both got TWO squid games in each of our boxes, and I saw several with either 2 regular Loki or 2 Optimus

I would imagine almost impossible to trade since everyone got them as well.

Yeah we couldn't even give them away after fundays lol

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:38 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
jambes wrote:
fbingha wrote:

They will most likely go up in value once Season 2 arrives. Don’t loose hope on them.
Image Image
ImageImage

Return to “Pop!”