Power Rangers

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
nerdy_jesus13

Re: Power rangers pops

Postby nerdy_jesus13 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:23 am

YamiJV wrote:
nerdy_jesus13 wrote:
YamiJV wrote:I would love to see some more power ranger pops! Like other series! Black and white ranger matalic lol.
Any power ranger fanatics?

Unmasked rangers would be awesome. It’ll also be cool if the had the in street clothes morphing. We definitely need some villain pops.

Yes!!! Villains! Can we get some!!

Rita, Goldar and Lord Zedd have to made before we get any other rangers or variants.
:freddy1:

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:59 am

nerdy_jesus13 wrote:
YamiJV wrote:
nerdy_jesus13 wrote:
Unmasked rangers would be awesome. It’ll also be cool if the had the in street clothes morphing. We definitely need some villain pops.

Yes!!! Villains! Can we get some!!

Rita, Goldar and Lord Zedd have to made before we get any other rangers or variants.

Agreed. I do love the rangers a lot but it wouldn't feel right moving to Zeo or further without the OG villains

MORTYLICIOUS

Re: Power Rangers

Postby MORTYLICIOUS » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:51 am

Never was a big Ranger fan. Like I was going into HS when they started blowing up, but I'm a fan of the Pops! GITD White Ranger is one of my favorites. But I agree, before they make any other branch of Rangers, they need Rita and few others first.
Image Image:freddy3:

LexusNexus

Postby LexusNexus » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:32 am

Rusher wrote:Power Rangers has been on the air for over twenty years. In that time there have been a ton of seasons besides MMPR. As much as I love MMPR, I'd love to see Pops for some of the other seasons. Ninja Steel(the current season on air), Megaforce and Super Megaforce, Zeo, Jungle Fury, RPM, Time Force, Wild Force to name a few.

I also think it'd be cool to do helmetless or civilian forms of the Rangers, especially of the new movie Rangers. Ivan Ooze and some other villains would also be cool to have.

It would be cool to see more Rangers from the later series, but I don't know if all would sell well, because everyone has their favorites.

....and trust me I also was waiting for them to put out Ivan ooze, or lord zed, and make a metallic black ranger because my set felt incomplete, but them not making some of those were part of the reason I sold off my power Rangers set, it felt incomplete and I wanted villians lol...
Huge lover of Batman and Pixar!
Started collecting in 2013
Pop Count:
ISO: Non Bobble Head Emperor Zurg, 18” Retro Freddy Batman, 18” inch Retro Freddy Robin, DIY Retro Freddy (x3)

YamiJV

Postby YamiJV » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:09 pm

BerserkerBlack wrote:
nerdy_jesus13 wrote:
YamiJV wrote: Yes!!! Villains! Can we get some!!

Agreed. I do love the rangers a lot but it wouldn't feel right moving to Zeo or further without the OG villains

I'm just excited to see more if they do!
Hi I'm Jimmy!
Gokai change! Gokai Blue!!!!

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:39 pm

YamiJV wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:
nerdy_jesus13 wrote:

Oh me too man, they mention anything MMPR or whatnot I'll be the first in line to get em lol Gotta keep the series alive :D

nerdy_jesus13

Postby nerdy_jesus13 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:42 am

BerserkerBlack wrote:
YamiJV wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:

Oh me too man, they mention anything MMPR or whatnot I'll be the first in line to get em lol Gotta keep the series alive :D

Same. The moment they announce more power ranger pops I’m preordering them right away.

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:48 am

nerdy_jesus13 wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:
YamiJV wrote:I'm just excited to see more if they do!

Same. The moment they announce more power ranger pops I’m preordering them right away.

I'm hoping they do something for SDCC, hopefully something not green ranger-ish lol

nerdy_jesus13

Postby nerdy_jesus13 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:53 am

BerserkerBlack wrote:
nerdy_jesus13 wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:

I'm hoping they do something for SDCC, hopefully something not green ranger-ish lol

Agree. The green ranger is cool and I’m a huge jdf fan but it’s time someone else gets a little love.

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:55 am

nerdy_jesus13 wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:
nerdy_jesus13 wrote:

Agree. The green ranger is cool and I’m a huge jdf fan but it’s time someone else gets a little love.

I'm a huge ASJ fan, I hope they do more with the Red Ranger if they're going to keep going with MMPR, I'd be happy if they did a wave of villains already tho

_ZROE

Postby _ZROE » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:23 am

All I want is a lord Drakkon pop! I know they can make this happen.

YamiJV

Postby YamiJV » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:59 pm

BerserkerBlack wrote:
YamiJV wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:

I feel ya bro! I've been watching mmpr since I could remember! My mom used to turn the nob of the tv to the channel for me lol ~first generation here in america~ it was in color but lines everywhere haha
Wasn't till I went to college that I rewatched it. Lol still as great as I remembered it lol
Hi I'm Jimmy!

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:15 pm

Rusher wrote:Power Rangers has been on the air for over twenty years. In that time there have been a ton of seasons besides MMPR. As much as I love MMPR, I'd love to see Pops for some of the other seasons. Ninja Steel(the current season on air), Megaforce and Super Megaforce, Zeo, Jungle Fury, RPM, Time Force, Wild Force to name a few.

I also think it'd be cool to do helmetless or civilian forms of the Rangers, especially of the new movie Rangers. Ivan Ooze and some other villains would also be cool to have.

True, but before they do any of that, they need to make an OG Rita first!
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Eman185

Postby Eman185 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Lord Zedd would be great. The detail on that would have to be pretty crazy.

Kito87

Postby Kito87 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:27 pm

I would love to see what they'd do with Goldar!!! Especially after alot of the newer stuff they've done like the DBZ Shenrons.
ISO: Dragonball and Cowboy Bebop Protos!!

IG: Comic_beast
TW: @hsabala
Tumblr: thecomicbeast
YT: ComicBeast

fgnat

Postby fgnat » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:16 pm

Admiral Malkor will also be nice

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:48 am

YamiJV wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:
YamiJV wrote:I'm just excited to see more if they do!

I feel ya bro! I've been watching mmpr since I could remember! My mom used to turn the nob of the tv to the channel for me lol ~first generation here in america~ it was in color but lines everywhere haha
Wasn't till I went to college that I rewatched it. Lol still as great as I remembered it lol

Same here man! I started learning English because of shows like MMPR, I started collecting a few years back and Its been a blast. So much nostalgia :D

YamiJV

Postby YamiJV » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:56 pm

BerserkerBlack wrote:
YamiJV wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:

Same here man! I started learning English because of shows like MMPR, I started collecting a few years back and Its been a blast. So much nostalgia :D

Exactly how I feel lol
Hi I'm Jimmy!

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:10 am

YamiJV wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:
YamiJV wrote:I feel ya bro! I've been watching mmpr since I could remember! My mom used to turn the nob of the tv to the channel for me lol ~first generation here in america~ it was in color but lines everywhere haha

Exactly how I feel lol

I only started collecting MMPR about 3 years ago and now it dominates my overall collection of stuff lol I'm happy that there are others out there like me that love MMPR and Funko lol

Iheartfunko

Postby Iheartfunko » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:19 am

Hopefully they have some good exclusive for comic con to celebrate for being in air so long.
:freddy4:

Deaf Funko

Postby Deaf Funko » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:28 am

Any idea when it will be next metallic for black ranger ?

OUTSIDER31

Postby OUTSIDER31 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:54 am

Megazord , titanus

YamiJV

Postby YamiJV » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:48 am

BerserkerBlack wrote:
YamiJV wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:

Exactly how I feel lol

I only started collecting MMPR about 3 years ago and now it dominates my overall collection of stuff lol I'm happy that there are others out there like me that love MMPR and Funko lol

It's crazy how I started collecting stuff again because my funko power rangers set. My friend showed it to me and I bought them thinking I was done collecting. Before it was Yugioh and pokemon and I had sold them to stop and now I have every power ranger pop except gitd white. Lol I also started collecting the legacy toys and trying to get the old school toys haha
Hi I'm Jimmy!

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:11 am

YamiJV wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:
YamiJV wrote:Exactly how I feel lol

It's crazy how I started collecting stuff again because my funko power rangers set. My friend showed it to me and I bought them thinking I was done collecting. Before it was Yugioh and pokemon and I had sold them to stop and now I have every power ranger pop except gitd white. Lol I also started collecting the legacy toys and trying to get the old school toys haha

Yeah dude, I started with Transformers then that moved to Funko then to MMPR and now to a lot more stuff haha I'll have to put a picture up of my MMPR collection. I don't have any super recent ones but the one I'll post if I can find it, is a few months old. I'm super excited for them Yugioh pops tho,now time for Funko to get going on the PKMN ones lol

YamiJV

Postby YamiJV » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:24 am

BerserkerBlack wrote:
YamiJV wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:

Yeah dude, I started with Transformers then that moved to Funko then to MMPR and now to a lot more stuff haha I'll have to put a picture up of my MMPR collection. I don't have any super recent ones but the one I'll post if I can find it, is a few months old. I'm super excited for them Yugioh pops tho,now time for Funko to get going on the PKMN ones lol

I'm in the same boat lol
Hi I'm Jimmy!

Krazydave2000

Postby Krazydave2000 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:45 am

FunkoAholiC wrote:Any idea when it will be next metallic for black ranger ?

Thats been rumored for long time now.. I think its only one missing the metallic treatment
:freddy2:

Funko Patch & Pin Club Member
San Diego Chapter
Vest Up!!!!!!

Mizarkie

Postby Mizarkie » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:51 am

I like the idea of more rangers....but first....WHERES GOLDAR!?!?
“There is nothing more reassuring than realizing the world is CRAZIER than you are.”

ImageImage

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:03 am

Krazydave2000 wrote:

Thats been rumored for long time now.. I think its only one missing the metallic treatment

I'm hoping sooner rather than later considering they invited Walter Jones to the movie premiere - so I hope he whispered in their ear that he wanted one lol
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:11 am

Lonikins wrote:
Krazydave2000 wrote:

I'm hoping sooner rather than later considering they invited Walter Jones to the movie premiere - so I hope he whispered in their ear that he wanted one lol

Did anyone ever settle whether or not they're actually able to keep making MMPR pops with the main license shifting to Hasbro?

binarykaos

Postby binarykaos » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:29 am

Also with the new Shattered Grid trailer, we need a Lord Drakon pop!

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:00 am

binarykaos wrote:Also with the new Shattered Grid trailer, we need a Lord Drakon pop!

10/10 AGREE!!!

Thanks to that trailer I'm going out this morning and picking up a few Shattered Grid comics. The covers look so bada** I can't wait to read them.

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:02 am

NoOtherOptions wrote:
Lonikins wrote:
Krazydave2000 wrote:

Did anyone ever settle whether or not they're actually able to keep making MMPR pops with the main license shifting to Hasbro?

Hasbro will acquire the license for MMPR in 2019 but I'm sure the pop licensing will be fine since Hasbro has other lines with Funko

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:08 am

BerserkerBlack wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

Hasbro will acquire the license for MMPR in 2019 but I'm sure the pop licensing will be fine since Hasbro has other lines with Funko

Thanks! Good to know; wish the movie was better. I want a lord drakkon pop!

Deaf Funko

Postby Deaf Funko » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:20 am

Krazydave2000 wrote:

Yeah that what I was thought and see people rumor said should be next turn is boxlunch and tru seem tru is out of business maybe boxlunch or any convention exclusives

Deaf Funko

Postby Deaf Funko » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:47 am

Lonikins wrote:
Krazydave2000 wrote:

Ha ha! Hope so maybe we should write a letter to send him ;-)

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:55 pm

NoOtherOptions wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:

Honestly with the way Hollywood butchers all we love, the movie could've been a lot worse lol

I hope they make a mini series of Shattered Grid , the trailer for the comic was BAD@SS!!!

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:33 am

BerserkerBlack wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:

Honestly with the way Hollywood butchers all we love, the movie could've been a lot worse lol

I hope they make a mini series of Shattered Grid , the trailer for the comic was BAD@SS!!!

It wasn't bad it was just not power rangers till the very end. The suits were off too; looked like mass effect had a baby. There are going to be ZERO movie related MMPR things in the future. Not after how much the movie lost.

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:58 am

NoOtherOptions wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:

It wasn't bad it was just not power rangers till the very end. The suits were off too; looked like mass effect had a baby. There are going to be ZERO movie related MMPR things in the future. Not after how much the movie lost.

The suits could've been way better, I saw some of the concept art and I was like wtf, the concept art was way better. Same goes for the zords. Its a shame they didn't do well enough to spawn a sequel

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:31 am

BerserkerBlack wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:

The suits could've been way better, I saw some of the concept art and I was like wtf, the concept art was way better. Same goes for the zords. Its a shame they didn't do well enough to spawn a sequel

Some weird stylistic decisions for me; like why the women had wedge heel boots. I'm happy there were no "skirts" but yeah. The zords looked like transformers; gross.

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:38 am

NoOtherOptions wrote:
BerserkerBlack wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:

Some weird stylistic decisions for me; like why the women had wedge heel boots. I'm happy there were no "skirts" but yeah. The zords looked like transformers; gross.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the wedges, the half helmet opening odd looking helmets (I understand why they did it,but still), The "Megazord" was a disaster, Krispy Kream,Rita looked like an addict up until the end and Goldar was just...No.

I'm a fan but there was a lot to rip apart. Still. Could've been way worse haha

Return to “Pop!”