Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

TV Show Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
2017fanatic

Re: TV Show Pops!

Postby 2017fanatic » Tue May 31, 2022 5:18 pm

Ted Lasso needs to happen for sure! That pop would be inspirational in itself seeing it on my desk everyday.. add a 'Believe' sign and BOOM!
Funatic of all things Funko!!

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:48 am

hpellot wrote:
digithor wrote:
Toronto wrote:
I would dig if each pop had a chase of their 70s version. Although I doubt you would ever get a Hyde pop.

I want as many pops as they are for The Office (and maybe 2 more - just because)

Yeah, doubtful we would see that. The chase versions is a neat idea though.

I can see a kitty and red pop coming out as a 2 pack maybe

Yeah yeah, could be possible.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:24 am

2017fanatic wrote:Ted Lasso needs to happen for sure! That pop would be inspirational in itself seeing it on my desk everyday.. add a 'Believe' sign and BOOM!

I am shocked that has not happened already.
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:29 am

2017fanatic wrote:Ted Lasso needs to happen for sure! That pop would be inspirational in itself seeing it on my desk everyday.. add a 'Believe' sign and BOOM!

I would go hard after Ted Lasso line like I did The Office line. Wondering why that license is such a tough one to grab. Come to think of it I dont think we have gotten any Apple TV show pops. Wondering if its an Apple thing?
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:57 am

Would love a 2pk of Stuart and Ms Larkin’s from Mad TV. My husband and I were looking at skits of them on YouTube and was cracking up. They are our favorite characters from Mad TV. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:18 am

lavery01 wrote:Would love a 2pk of Stuart and Ms Larkin’s from Mad TV. My husband and I were looking at skits of them on YouTube and was cracking up. They are our favorite characters from Mad TV. lol

Id love to see that, I can think of a few other Mad TV characters too. Ms Swan comes to mind!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:20 am

volsspongebob wrote:

I would go hard after Ted Lasso line like I did The Office line. Wondering why that license is such a tough one to grab. Come to think of it I dont think we have gotten any Apple TV show pops. Wondering if its an Apple thing?

I could have sworn I saw a rumor of leak of Ted Lasso pops, but then again I also heard he was going to show up as a fighter in a video game too. lol
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:06 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:

I could have sworn I saw a rumor of leak of Ted Lasso pops, but then again I also heard he was going to show up as a fighter in a video game too. lol

I think we get this by the end of the year
ImageImageImage

jondru

Postby jondru » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:56 pm

hpellot wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:

I think we get this by the end of the year

:cheers: =D> :cheers:
Andrew

squidward

Postby squidward » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:34 am

Ted Lasso for the win! I love that show!
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:39 pm

squidward wrote:

I think it could be the next office line in size
ImageImageImage

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:58 pm

hpellot wrote:
squidward wrote:

Agreed!! Lot's of good Ted Lasso pops we need :)
Image ImageImageImage

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:00 pm

lavery01 wrote:Would love a 2pk of Stuart and Ms Larkin’s from Mad TV. My husband and I were looking at skits of them on YouTube and was cracking up. They are our favorite characters from Mad TV. lol

A Stuart and Ms Larkin set would be great. I still go back and watch those skits sometimes as well as the other funny Mad TV stuff from days past. "Can I Have Your Number?!?" skit I still quote lol. Mad TV in general probably could use some new pops :)
Image ImageImageImage

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:25 pm

JCFun wrote:

A Stuart and Ms Larkin set would be great. I still go back and watch those skits sometimes as well as the other funny Mad TV stuff from days past. "Can I Have Your Number?!?" skit I still quote lol. Mad TV in general probably could use some new pops :)

Yes it is time for some new ones. There’s a variety of character choices. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:54 pm

JCFun wrote:

I agree that would be a fun 2 pack
ImageImageImage

squidward

Postby squidward » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:43 pm

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but any thoughts on Bridgerton Pops? The number of fashion choices that could be made for each character is incredible.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

mactds

Postby mactds » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:42 pm

JCFun wrote:
hpellot wrote:
squidward wrote:Ted Lasso for the win! I love that show!

Hoping it's just a matter of time. Just a Ted Lasso pop on the desk could just make work better.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:40 pm

squidward wrote:I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but any thoughts on Bridgerton Pops? The number of fashion choices that could be made for each character is incredible.

I have never seen that show, how is it?
ImageImageImage

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:09 am

hpellot wrote:
squidward wrote:I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but any thoughts on Bridgerton Pops? The number of fashion choices that could be made for each character is incredible.

I was roped into watching this show with the gf. First season was pretty good, second season...not so much. The pop popular would be high with a segment of funko fans. Lots of potential, but I would say they'd be best to just focus on a core few, but those few would sell very well.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:43 am

wolfy233 wrote:
hpellot wrote:

I was roped into watching this show with the gf. First season was pretty good, second season...not so much. The pop popular would be high with a segment of funko fans. Lots of potential, but I would say they'd be best to just focus on a core few, but those few would sell very well.

My wife has not shown any interest in watching this show so far, so maybe I am safe :)
ImageImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:43 am

wolfy233 wrote:
hpellot wrote:

My wife has not shown any interest in watching this show so far, so maybe I am safe :)
ImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:42 pm

hpellot wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
hpellot wrote:

Yup same here!

squidward

Postby squidward » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:47 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
hpellot wrote:

I agree. I don't think you start with too large of a wave, but the number of outfits and dresses that each main character wears provides a lot of options for designs or chases. I'm trying to think what would be a similar genre type show which has Pops. Maybe Once Upon a Time? The Hamilton musical? Dickinson - but there aren't Pops for that show, either.

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:36 pm

mactds wrote:
JCFun wrote:
hpellot wrote:

Hoping it's just a matter of time. Just a Ted Lasso pop on the desk could just make work better.

Yeah, with that kind of positivity on your desk, why wouldn't it lol.
Image ImageImageImage

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:38 pm

Not sure if many here have seen it, but the new Reacher show on Amazon would also make for some good pops!
Image ImageImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:44 pm

I read that season three of Ted Lasso will be the final season
ImageImageImage

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:18 pm

Ok I want some Johnny Depp and lawyer trial pops LOL !!

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:19 pm

hpellot wrote:I read that season three of Ted Lasso will be the final season

I'm sad but it makes sense. The show can only go so far, to me. I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it if the upcoming season is the last.

d3postman

Postby d3postman » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:30 pm

I've always wanted them to do Superstore Pops!

Funko Fundays: 2015, 2019, 2021

SDCC: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022

FDO: FDO8

d3postman

Postby d3postman » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:31 pm

I agree. If it goes too much beyond that, it could tarnish the legacy of that show!

wolfy233 wrote:

I'm sad but it makes sense. The show can only go so far, to me. I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it if the upcoming season is the last.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:38 pm

d3postman wrote:I've always wanted them to do Superstore Pops!

Giving the show is no more, I think that window has closed, sadly.

d3postman

Postby d3postman » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:48 pm

The Office Pops! didn't release until well after the show was done, so there is always hope!

wolfy233 wrote:

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:57 pm

wolfy233 wrote:

That is a good point, the show is probably running low on new ideas.
ImageImageImage

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:59 pm

d3postman wrote:The Office Pops! didn't release until well after the show was done, so there is always hope!

wolfy233 wrote:

That's true, but I wonder if that was more the Netflix resurgence. But you never know!

jondru

Postby jondru » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:13 pm

Quantum Leap
Andrew

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:38 pm

hpellot wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

Darn this is sad news! Would love to see the show go out with a bang! Spin-off with Roy lol jk

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:40 pm

JCFun wrote:
mactds wrote:
JCFun wrote:

Yeah, with that kind of positivity on your desk, why wouldn't it lol.

So true! Just seeing that sweater and stache!

So many characters too! I can even see a random 3 pack of the pub guys haha

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:58 pm

2017fanatic wrote:
hpellot wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

Darn this is sad news! Would love to see the show go out with a bang! Spin-off with Roy lol jk

I would love if they did like a comical, adventure special with Roy where Ted and other characters make brief cameos.

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:06 am

Alf???

WarHmongHer

Postby WarHmongHer » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:12 am

hpellot wrote:
digithor wrote:
Toronto wrote:
I would dig if each pop had a chase of their 70s version. Although I doubt you would ever get a Hyde pop.

I want as many pops as they are for The Office (and maybe 2 more - just because)

Yeah, doubtful we would see that. The chase versions is a neat idea though.

I can see a kitty and red pop coming out as a 2 pack maybe

Kitty and red would be an instacop!!

Return to “Pop!”