Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Harry Potter Diagon Alley deluxe series

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Katers

Re: Harry Potter Diagon Alley deluxe series

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:18 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:My targets have a lot of the deluxe series sitting around, if it hasn't made it to you it will! If not I know you'd be able to find help securing one. I keep telling myself I don't have the shelf space to display them OOB but its so tempting!

I believe it! My Target's have been a weird mix of "wow, this is out already? Amazing!" and "Wow, I just found this on the shelf? It came out 3 months ago!" lately. I'm okay with that though, since it gives me a chance to find cool things no matter when I go looking!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:22 am

rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Someday, someday I'll get to go to Florida for this experience!

It's amazing, and I can't recommend it enough! The LA park is good, but Florida you're literally in another world!

The deluxe series really did justice to both the movies and the parks!

My cousin has been to both and she said the Florida park is the one to save up for, total immersion!

Absolutely 1000% agree with your cousin! It's amazing!

I think it's just as well this set is a Target exclusive, if they were being sold at Universal I'd have a much harder time hiking back to my car!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:23 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:I've slacked a bit too on my recent pick ups. But they sit there, not in protectors, reminding me I have to do them so I'll grow tired of them taunting me soon lol

You're only being taunted by your recent pick ups? Your collection is nicer to you than mine! lol

Haha, that's just the ones not yet cataloged. The others have their own reasons lol

Such attitude from our collections! They're lucky we love them so! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:24 am

NCDS wrote:So what I am hearing is we need a new theme park but it's Harry Potter Funko Land. Imagine all the giant Funko pops they would have.

I was just going to move into the HP section at Funko Hollywood. I don't think anyone will notice if I sneak into the '2nd floor' in between the portraits! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:39 pm

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:My targets have a lot of the deluxe series sitting around, if it hasn't made it to you it will! If not I know you'd be able to find help securing one. I keep telling myself I don't have the shelf space to display them OOB but its so tempting!

I believe it! My Target's have been a weird mix of "wow, this is out already? Amazing!" and "Wow, I just found this on the shelf? It came out 3 months ago!" lately. I'm okay with that though, since it gives me a chance to find cool things no matter when I go looking!

Yup! It's a treasure hunt, which reminds me of when I first started collecting :D

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:43 pm

Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
It's amazing, and I can't recommend it enough! The LA park is good, but Florida you're literally in another world!

The deluxe series really did justice to both the movies and the parks!

My cousin has been to both and she said the Florida park is the one to save up for, total immersion!

I think it's just as well this set is a Target exclusive, if they were being sold at Universal I'd have a much harder time hiking back to my car!

Just wait until we get Epic Universe!! I literally cannot wait for it to open, I'm definitely spoiled living do close to Orlando hahaha

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:48 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:You're only being taunted by your recent pick ups? Your collection is nicer to you than mine! lol

Haha, that's just the ones not yet cataloged. The others have their own reasons lol

Right?! They could be getting trashed by kids playing with them instead of sitting safely on shelves lol
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:49 pm

Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:So what I am hearing is we need a new theme park but it's Harry Potter Funko Land. Imagine all the giant Funko pops they would have.

I was just going to move into the HP section at Funko Hollywood. I don't think anyone will notice if I sneak into the '2nd floor' in between the portraits! lol

You just need a large, empty frame and you'll fit right in
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:20 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yup! It's a treasure hunt, which reminds me of when I first started collecting :D

All Funko hunting is a treasure hunt. Usually without a map, not sure what the treasure is, and it darn sure might be buried on the shelves! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:26 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

Just wait until we get Epic Universe!! I literally cannot wait for it to open, I'm definitely spoiled living do close to Orlando hahaha

I hadn't heard about Epic Universal! No HP thought? What are they thinking?? Need more HP so I can get pops and deluxe pops made out of what they give us!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:27 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Haha, that's just the ones not yet cataloged. The others have their own reasons lol

Right?! They could be getting trashed by kids playing with them instead of sitting safely on shelves lol

Or destroyed in store by careless people, or referred to as toys or dolls! We give them the respect they deserve! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:29 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:

You just need a large, empty frame and you'll fit right in

Don't share the plan! They'll find out and stop us! :-#
Image ImageImage Image

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:55 pm

Can you imagine if we got a pop that moved in the box like it was alive? I don't know how they would do it but I want one.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:29 am

NCDS wrote:Can you imagine if we got a pop that moved in the box like it was alive? I don't know how they would do it but I want one.

They could do a tiny motor in a ball like some pet toys use, of course the battery could wear out before it gets to the consumer if they didn't use the little tabs to stop it from being drained.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:53 pm

digithor wrote:
NCDS wrote:Can you imagine if we got a pop that moved in the box like it was alive? I don't know how they would do it but I want one.

They could do a tiny motor in a ball like some pet toys use, of course the battery could wear out before it gets to the consumer if they didn't use the little tabs to stop it from being drained.

They would finally get us all to open the box, even if it's just for a moment.

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:52 pm

NCDS wrote:
digithor wrote:

You don't open your boxes? Now that's some crazy talk!!! ;-) I do think within the HP line (and many others) moving parts would be extremely cool. Maybe something similar to the magical window displays at Universal?

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:29 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:
digithor wrote:

You don't open your boxes? Now that's some crazy talk!!! ;-) I do think within the HP line (and many others) moving parts would be extremely cool. Maybe something similar to the magical window displays at Universal?

Tell me more about these magical window displays at Universal and I will let you know if they will work in my pop boxes.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:40 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:
digithor wrote:

Oh that would be neat to see.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:55 am

I'm still not convinced I don't have some, which is why I keep them sealed in protectors so they can't get out! Also why I don't collect anything from the horror line! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:56 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:
digithor wrote:

If they could find a way to do the magical windows, and make them work with our wands, I would buy everything, open them all, pull the tabs and enjoy them so freakin' much!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:05 am

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:

If they could find a way to do the magical windows, and make them work with our wands, I would buy everything, open them all, pull the tabs and enjoy them so freakin' much!

That sounds rather expensive if they would make it happen, just thinking of the price disney would put on that license.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:18 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:You don't open your boxes? Now that's some crazy talk!!! ;-) I do think within the HP line (and many others) moving parts would be extremely cool. Maybe something similar to the magical window displays at Universal?

That sounds rather expensive if they would make it happen, just thinking of the price disney would put on that license.

Universal? Yeah, they'd definitely charge a premium, but we've already expanded the price points thanks to the die-cast pops. I'd definitely not mind if I literally got a magical pop moment or pop deluxe!
Image ImageImage Image

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:49 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Universal? Yeah, they'd definitely charge a premium, but we've already expanded the price points thanks to the die-cast pops. I'd definitely not mind if I literally got a magical pop moment or pop deluxe!

Yeah I think the wand technology is some sort of camera that reacts to the reflective tip on the wands. (I totally haven't watched a bunch of DIY wand test videos lol). Now if they went with RFID like Disney uses for their interactive stuff, that might not be too bad $ wise. They would have to sell their own reactive wand but, let's face it they would anyways lol.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:20 pm

Katers wrote:

I'm still not convinced I don't have some, which is why I keep them sealed in protectors so they can't get out! Also why I don't collect anything from the horror line! lol

My friend always says she takes hers out so they can breathe, I think you are on to something here!

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:39 pm

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

That's true, the die cast pops did start a new price point. Not that I'd always want to pay that. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:18 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Yeah I think the wand technology is some sort of camera that reacts to the reflective tip on the wands. (I totally haven't watched a bunch of DIY wand test videos lol). Now if they went with RFID like Disney uses for their interactive stuff, that might not be too bad $ wise. They would have to sell their own reactive wand but, let's face it they would anyways lol.

Are you telling me that science I didn't understand (til now) is akin to magic? lol

Let's be honest, we'd buy the wands immediately if they were offered!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:19 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:

My friend always says she takes hers out so they can breathe, I think you are on to something here!

The HP crowd never causes me worry about escaping, but I'm still convinced Lil' Sweet is running around at night like a weirdo!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:20 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

That's true, the die cast pops did start a new price point. Not that I'd always want to pay that. :)

Oh, same, but if it was a limited run with something super cool like this, I'd be all over it! Bring on the magic pops! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:58 am

Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:

The HP crowd never causes me worry about escaping, but I'm still convinced Lil' Sweet is running around at night like a weirdo!

He definitely is. I figure I have enough Harry Potter variant pops that my neighborhood is safe at night.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:59 am

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

All Funko hunting is a treasure hunt. Usually without a map, not sure what the treasure is, and it darn sure might be buried on the shelves! lol

Yup much TRUTH!

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:30 pm

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:

He definitely is. I figure I have enough Harry Potter variant pops that my neighborhood is safe at night.

The pops need to breath!! It's cruel to keep them locked away hahahaha

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:41 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Oh, good point, Dumbledore's Army will keep us safe from any wandering rogues!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:49 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:

The pops need to breath!! It's cruel to keep them locked away hahahaha

Some of them must be kept weak, can't have Death Eaters roaming the hall at night! lol
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:01 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh, same, but if it was a limited run with something super cool like this, I'd be all over it! Bring on the magic pops! \:D/

Ok ok, a limited run is decent then.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:10 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Limited release on the Univeral site works for me!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:29 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh a new site to buy from and see which way it goes. lol
ImageImageImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:29 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

I'm a pass holder, I'll take my chances at the park lol...... I'd rather wait in a stupid long line than deal with a glitch website hahahaha

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:05 pm

Someday I will taste that Butterbeer!

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:14 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

I'm a pass holder, I'll take my chances at the park lol...... I'd rather wait in a stupid long line than deal with a glitch website hahahaha

Maybe depending on the weather that day? :)
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:49 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

They did the pre-releases for the patronuses, and everything went smoothly for me, so I'm okay with it! Could also be through Funko, but the website failed me the last time I needed it to come through for me! I can only do so many emergency Hollywood runs in any given time period! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Pop!”