Darth Vader Die Cast

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Hachiman

Re: Darth Vader Die Cast

Postby Hachiman » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:16 pm

With how small micro LEDs have gotten and the LED mods I have seen on miniatures I wouldn't be surprised if a fan made a light saber.
ImageImage

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:52 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:Buzz Lightyear would be excellent in diecast form

With the new movie, that could definitely be a possibility

Never even thought about this one but it would lend itself extremely well to a diecast. The shine would make him look so eye-catching.

A removable helmet would be next level
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:53 pm

WarHmongHer wrote:
Imagery wrote:
lavery01 wrote:Now this would be fantastic. Something I’ll definately buy. Love the incredibles. She would be a great start!

Would love to see how they'd treat Disney die cast

Me too, I think a lighting McQueen would just make perfect sense in diecast. Be a 1st horizontal one. Lol.

Oh, that would be a lot of fun!
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:55 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:Kinda glad we are still waiting for Die Cast Vader because Star Wars Celebration emptied my wallet a bit!

It emptied many wallets, I’m sure. lol

I went for the sodas alone to help myself not go so crazy... this die cast is so cool and they are all supposed to have chases now right?

Me too! Yes, they're all expected to have chases going forward, which is definitely pushing me to be more selective

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:23 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
JCFun wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
You know, they dabbled in light-up pops, but I do wonder if they would dip their toe into the sound version of a pop or two.

If they started adding special versions with sounds, that'd be innnsaaanely cool! Especially for Vader and a red saber lol

I think the key is they should stick to sounds and not vocals, if you will. There's some potential to make the pop more "regal" or "ominous" much like certain glow pops do to a character.

I agree. You can get away with poor sound quality if it's just a sound effect, but a voice is something you're expecting to understand lol. It would add a deeper element to it for sure!
Image ImageImageImage

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:37 pm

Imagery wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:It emptied many wallets, I’m sure. lol

I went for the sodas alone to help myself not go so crazy... this die cast is so cool and they are all supposed to have chases now right?

Me too! Yes, they're all expected to have chases going forward, which is definitely pushing me to be more selective

Yeah, I'd rather them be more limited than have chases. The chases just don't have the "wow" factor that one would hope for.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:40 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:I went for the sodas alone to help myself not go so crazy... this die cast is so cool and they are all supposed to have chases now right?

Yeah, I'd rather them be more limited than have chases. The chases just don't have the "wow" factor that one would hope for.

I rather too but I'm sure it's gonna be tough to get
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

squidward

Postby squidward » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:49 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:I went for the sodas alone to help myself not go so crazy... this die cast is so cool and they are all supposed to have chases now right?

I agree. I'm a huge Boba Fett fan and was perfectly happy with the regular die cast version that I received. The all silver chases are not unique enough for me to go after.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:56 pm

squidward wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
Imagery wrote:Me too! Yes, they're all expected to have chases going forward, which is definitely pushing me to be more selective

I agree. I'm a huge Boba Fett fan and was perfectly happy with the regular die cast version that I received. The all silver chases are not unique enough for me to go after.

Totally agree. Plus now it seems like everything has a chase. Sort of lost it's appeal

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:13 pm

Waiting on this one. I think this is the first time I hope to not get a chase lol
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

squidward

Postby squidward » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:43 pm

Niteowl_1 wrote:Waiting on this one. I think this is the first time I hope to not get a chase lol

Yep, I agree with this sentiment for this item.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

racheva

Postby racheva » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:59 pm

Niteowl_1 wrote:Waiting on this one. I think this is the first time I hope to not get a chase lol

I honestly did not care when I ordered Boba Fett, but I ended up getting the chase and I do like how it looks. I decided not to display it with my other pops and instead put it on the shelf with my lightsabers from Galaxy’s Edge. Of course, now I am going to want the matching chase if I am able to order Darth Vader. Collecting is a hobby that never, ever ends!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:26 am

racheva wrote:

I honestly did not care when I ordered Boba Fett, but I ended up getting the chase and I do like how it looks. I decided not to display it with my other pops and instead put it on the shelf with my lightsabers from Galaxy’s Edge. Of course, now I am going to want the matching chase if I am able to order Darth Vader. Collecting is a hobby that never, ever ends!

With no one wanting it, maybe it will be easier to get if you strike out.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:27 am

Hachiman wrote:With how small micro LEDs have gotten and the LED mods I have seen on miniatures I wouldn't be surprised if a fan made a light saber.

That would be awesome!

0mie

Postby 0mie » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:21 am

These look cool in person, still haven’t got one…but maybe if I’m lucky I’ll score one!

My NFT collections zlyau.wam | wallet.dp | funatic.ftw
FUNKLUB MEMBER #1337

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:31 am

Same. I think I'd turn around and trade it for something else that I'm missing.

shadow and flame

Postby shadow and flame » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:28 am

Need both regular and chase to match Boba and to keep the die cast set complete 8-[

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:00 pm

racheva wrote:

Such a true statement about the hobby that never ends, anytime I’m out I always check the pops and sports cards
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

racheva

Postby racheva » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:25 pm

NCDS wrote:
racheva wrote:

From your lips the the pop gods' ears!

Now answer me- do I get the non-chase versions of both, in addition to the chases? I've been thinking about this as I update my spreadsheet!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

racheva

Postby racheva » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:28 pm

Niteowl_1 wrote:
racheva wrote:

Such a true statement about the hobby that never ends, anytime I’m out I always check the pops and sports cards

Sometimes I question the sanity of my decision back in 2013 to buy a few Star Wars funko pops at SDCC. Fast forward a few years, and suddenly I'm collecting the whole line. Now I need a google spreadsheet to keep track of them!

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:24 pm

Definitely need to get these when they come out. Vader is one of my all time favorites.
Image Image

"We come to this place for magic. We come to funkofunatic.com to laugh, to cry, to care. Because we need that, all of us."

Board name origin - I was an emo singer and guitarist; I'm not trying to sound mean lol

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:46 pm

Vader is a need, hope it comes soon. I mean it was announced before Brook wasn't it?
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:03 pm

racheva wrote:
NCDS wrote:
racheva wrote:

From your lips the the pop gods' ears!

Now answer me- do I get the non-chase versions of both, in addition to the chases? I've been thinking about this as I update my spreadsheet!

I think you know the answer is yes!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

codytranum

Postby codytranum » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:28 am

I feel like it's gotta be any day now

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:20 am

runtodere wrote:
squidward wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

Totally agree. Plus now it seems like everything has a chase. Sort of lost it's appeal

I think I just want very unique chases, repaints and such I just cant justify.... otherwise I would be overrun! :freddy2:
Image Image ImageImage

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:45 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
runtodere wrote:
squidward wrote:I agree. I'm a huge Boba Fett fan and was perfectly happy with the regular die cast version that I received. The all silver chases are not unique enough for me to go after.

I think I just want very unique chases, repaints and such I just cant justify.... otherwise I would be overrun! :freddy2:

Agree - I love metallic too but even the metallic are getting a little stale, IMO

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:51 pm

Maybe they will make him a SDCC exclusive?

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:35 pm

For some reason I thought this was already released. I'm still hoping for a different type of chase for die-cast pops moving forward instead of just being an unpainted variant of the mold.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Jalcmkzv87

Postby Jalcmkzv87 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:19 pm

As a Star Wars fan and Vader fan, I’m very excited for this one. I got lucky with Boba chase and common. Hoping for the same here.
My name is John. Aka JLO Collectibles.
#TeamOoohhhNooooo
I’m just a full time working dad trying to live my best life with my family while collecting Funko pops/protos and pins.
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:22 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
Imagery wrote:

Agreed! I really enjoyed the initial releases that seemed limited, even without the chases. Die cast is just a cool variant on its own

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:35 pm

Imagery wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
Imagery wrote:Me too! Yes, they're all expected to have chases going forward, which is definitely pushing me to be more selective

Agreed! I really enjoyed the initial releases that seemed limited, even without the chases. Die cast is just a cool variant on its own

They feel fancier somehow lol maybe its the weight or the price or a combination of both. :-"
Image Image ImageImage

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:55 pm

Jalcmkzv87 wrote:As a Star Wars fan and Vader fan, I’m very excited for this one. I got lucky with Boba chase and common. Hoping for the same here.

Nice on the Boba Fett gets!

Yup, also excited to add this Vader to my collection, which I hope is soon! :bounce:
:freddy1:

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:32 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Imagery wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:Yeah, I'd rather them be more limited than have chases. The chases just don't have the "wow" factor that one would hope for.

They feel fancier somehow lol maybe its the weight or the price or a combination of both. :-"

I've always liked die cast model cars too. I think part of it is the extra heft

MisterJ85

Postby MisterJ85 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:00 pm

Imagery wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Imagery wrote:Agreed! I really enjoyed the initial releases that seemed limited, even without the chases. Die cast is just a cool variant on its own

The case is what sells it for me, the engraved acrylic looks nice on a shelf. They are made for display. I wish the base had LED in them.

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:09 pm

MisterJ85 wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:They feel fancier somehow lol maybe its the weight or the price or a combination of both. :-"

The case is what sells it for me, the engraved acrylic looks nice on a shelf. They are made for display. I wish the base had LED in them.

I completely agree! I have seen some custom LEDs that look sooooooo EPIC.... =D>
Image Image ImageImage

MisterJ85

Postby MisterJ85 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:27 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
MisterJ85 wrote:
Imagery wrote:I've always liked die cast model cars too. I think part of it is the extra heft

I completely agree! I have seen some custom LEDs that look sooooooo EPIC.... =D>

I have the first few, now I am being more selective. I will look into DIY LEDs. It's tempting to try and wire what I have together so there are less switches and batteries.

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:38 pm

MisterJ85 wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
MisterJ85 wrote:The case is what sells it for me, the engraved acrylic looks nice on a shelf. They are made for display. I wish the base had LED in them.

I have the first few, now I am being more selective. I will look into DIY LEDs. It's tempting to try and wire what I have together so there are less switches and batteries.

As long as you dont plan on rearranging them anytime soon lol
Image Image ImageImage

MisterJ85

Postby MisterJ85 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:44 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
MisterJ85 wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:I completely agree! I have seen some custom LEDs that look sooooooo EPIC.... =D>

I would probably put them on their own shelf. It would also make wiring a bit easier.

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:46 pm

MisterJ85 wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
MisterJ85 wrote:I have the first few, now I am being more selective. I will look into DIY LEDs. It's tempting to try and wire what I have together so there are less switches and batteries.

I would probably put them on their own shelf. It would also make wiring a bit easier.

OHHHHH that's a great idea!!! You might even be able to put extra lights on the shelf, now I am getting ideas hahahahahah
Image Image ImageImage

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:01 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
MisterJ85 wrote:
Imagery wrote:I've always liked die cast model cars too. I think part of it is the extra heft

Oh, good point about the acrylic cases. It definitely makes for a nicer display piece. Lights would really take it to the next level

Return to “Pop!”