Star Wars Celebration 2022 Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
rexflexall

Re: Star Wars Celebration 2022 Pops!

Postby rexflexall » Tue May 31, 2022 11:42 am

NoOtherOptions wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:
Purely speculation, I’d say it’s not a strong programming block. No movies coming so folks don’t care? Although Disney plus has ALOT coming. I’d also say maybe with a turning economy people are limiting discretionary spending? Idk. Celebration never particularly drew me in and I’m a massive Star Wars nerd.

True I'm a SW fan as well, but really I'm born in 78 so the original trilogy has my heart strings. With none of the OG cast attending this year, I was not as excited to get the logistics going to get there. Costs too were a factor!

The problem for me was always that Star Wars itself never get like a property big enough for its own con. Feels like a lot of stretching and filler. The special days at Disney I think are smart but I can go to Disney whenever I want. To me a regular con like SDCC, ECCC, NYCC, offer more varied programming. Just my own preference though I’ll check out Celebration someday.

I was hoping to see Ming Na if I ended up able to make it out to Anaheim, but she had to cancel her appearance!

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Tue May 31, 2022 11:48 am

rexflexall wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
True I'm a SW fan as well, but really I'm born in 78 so the original trilogy has my heart strings. With none of the OG cast attending this year, I was not as excited to get the logistics going to get there. Costs too were a factor!

The problem for me was always that Star Wars itself never get like a property big enough for its own con. Feels like a lot of stretching and filler. The special days at Disney I think are smart but I can go to Disney whenever I want. To me a regular con like SDCC, ECCC, NYCC, offer more varied programming. Just my own preference though I’ll check out Celebration someday.

I was hoping to see Ming Na if I ended up able to make it out to Anaheim, but she had to cancel her appearance!

That sucks, I head celebration was very disorganized. I hope that’s not the case with SDCC and just typical reedpop shenanigans.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Tue May 31, 2022 1:01 pm

NoOtherOptions wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:

That sucks, I head celebration was very disorganized. I hope that’s not the case with SDCC and just typical reedpop shenanigans.

No con is perfect. Also, I do recommend keeping the SDCC-hype levels reasonable/low. We are in uncharted territory currently.
:freddy1:

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Tue May 31, 2022 4:51 pm

Rantt wrote:
0mie wrote:Image

Wow congratulations! This is so lucky!

My husband was able to pick this up

He was so happy as that was his only star wars grail missing.
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue May 31, 2022 5:38 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:
saw that too and would love to hear more about it...and the more I think about it, the more I am surprised it doesn't happen more often.

I saw that tweet and was shocked and not surprised. Kinda makes you take for granted the amount of work it takes getting products to us from a world away.

Oh wow I did not know this. Crazy how this day and age we still got pirates roaming around.

It was worse a few years ago but still very much a problem, surprisingly.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue May 31, 2022 5:45 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:Oh wow I did not know this. Crazy how this day and age we still got pirates roaming around.

I always think there always been pirate probably just this time they took everything

Did the glitter grogu go up on reedpop site?

I don't believe it did and it may not. It's suppose to be a con-only exclusive.

dirtyhobbit

Postby dirtyhobbit » Tue May 31, 2022 7:18 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
I always think there always been pirate probably just this time they took everything

Did the glitter grogu go up on reedpop site?

still possible but I doubt it will go up

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Tue May 31, 2022 10:17 pm

Mario Wario wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

No con is perfect. Also, I do recommend keeping the SDCC-hype levels reasonable/low. We are in uncharted territory currently.

My hypes moderate just glad to be back. However, I will say Reedpop is always disorganized. I went to NYCC for years along with PAX east and C2E2 twice. Their cons in general lack some polish. That’s not to say SDCC isn’t chaotic, but it’s not part of the design.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue May 31, 2022 10:41 pm

dirtyhobbit wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:Did the glitter grogu go up on reedpop site?

I agree, if they waited as long as they did to just put out the Globi-wans at another event, I doubt extras of these Grogus are going up online.

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Tue May 31, 2022 10:57 pm

kdmlvr wrote:
Rantt wrote:
0mie wrote:Image

Wow congratulations! This is so lucky!

My husband was able to pick this up

He was so happy as that was his only star wars grail missing.

The one that got away! at least i was able to get Grogu though.
Big D
IG:
funko420

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:35 am

NoOtherOptions wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:

My hypes moderate just glad to be back. However, I will say Reedpop is always disorganized. I went to NYCC for years along with PAX east and C2E2 twice. Their cons in general lack some polish. That’s not to say SDCC isn’t chaotic, but it’s not part of the design.

I also heard from other friends that Reedpop is almost there, not quite as organized as SDCC!

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:21 am

rexflexall wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:No con is perfect. Also, I do recommend keeping the SDCC-hype levels reasonable/low. We are in uncharted territory currently.

I also heard from other friends that Reedpop is almost there, not quite as organized as SDCC!

I only attended on Sunday with the kids, but it was well organized from what I saw.

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:57 am

kdmlvr wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:

I only attended on Sunday with the kids, but it was well organized from what I saw.

Quiet a few people I saw the first few days said it was a mess.

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:29 pm

Missed out on Kenobi, but congratulations to those that did get it. That Jedi pass paid off. I was there first thing Thursday and they didn’t have any left. It was exclusively for folks that got to shop Wednesday night.

Was able to get a grogu though :)) my only pop with a con sticker. Didn’t get through the booth this time around because things sold out Thursday during public sale, but settled for the online drop the following morning. Didn’t try for public sale Friday since I was successful online.

Glad I’m not too big on stickers
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 807 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:01 pm

dork_knight wrote:Missed out on Kenobi, but congratulations to those that did get it. That Jedi pass paid off. I was there first thing Thursday and they didn’t have any left. It was exclusively for folks that got to shop Wednesday night.

Was able to get a grogu though :)) my only pop with a con sticker. Didn’t get through the booth this time around because things sold out Thursday during public sale, but settled for the online drop the following morning. Didn’t try for public sale Friday since I was successful online.

My husband had Jedi he said he got it Wednesday night

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:41 pm

Was able to grab Grogu on Thursday and got into the booth on Friday. The SWCA shop was pretty crazy, I heard lots of merch sold out on Friday.

name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

CrushMcLovin

Postby CrushMcLovin » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:20 pm

Legion Of Boom wrote:Was able to grab Grogu on Thursday and got into the booth on Friday. The SWCA shop was pretty crazy, I heard lots of merch sold out on Friday.

Great haul, they look prettier with those stickers
:freddy2:
Funatic since '13
Funko Collection Count: 962
http://www.TheVIParolaz.com
PROTO ISO: MCU / Disney Pixar

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:24 pm

Thankfully the general line was easy, I was able to get my Leia and Vader. Also picked up a Grogu. My collection is looking good!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:33 am

NCDS wrote:Thankfully the general line was easy, I was able to get my Leia and Vader. Also picked up a Grogu. My collection is looking good!

If only it was always easy like that.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:12 am

wolfy233 wrote:
dirtyhobbit wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

I agree, if they waited as long as they did to just put out the Globi-wans at another event, I doubt extras of these Grogus are going up online.

It did show Reedpop as an online drop but we know Funko release can change in an instant so it is what it is on to the next Funko.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:26 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
dirtyhobbit wrote:

It did show Reedpop as an online drop but we know Funko release can change in an instant so it is what it is on to the next Funko.

It did? I never saw that announcement. But yeah, you can't trust Reedpop to stick to something like that given their pattern.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:27 pm

dork_knight wrote:Missed out on Kenobi, but congratulations to those that did get it. That Jedi pass paid off. I was there first thing Thursday and they didn’t have any left. It was exclusively for folks that got to shop Wednesday night.

Kenobi was a great grab if you could get him!

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:57 pm

CrushMcLovin wrote:
Legion Of Boom wrote:Was able to grab Grogu on Thursday and got into the booth on Friday. The SWCA shop was pretty crazy, I heard lots of merch sold out on Friday.

I’m not big into stickers, but I have to agree with you. That SWC sticker looks good with the overall look of the box design and pop inside. The shared sticker is so in-your-face lol
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 807 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:37 pm

digithor wrote:
NCDS wrote:Thankfully the general line was easy, I was able to get my Leia and Vader. Also picked up a Grogu. My collection is looking good!

We wouldn't know what to do with ourselves.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:57 pm

NCDS wrote:
digithor wrote:

Congrats, I was fortunate to win a morning spot and get my items.
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:55 pm

hpellot wrote:
NCDS wrote:
digithor wrote:

That is awesome! I am glad to hear you got through.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:34 am

NCDS wrote:
hpellot wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Thanks I just wish the shirt had come out
ImageImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:52 pm

hpellot wrote:
NCDS wrote:
hpellot wrote:

Agreed I was really excited for the design. I am hoping it gets approved at a future date.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

KarateKid

Postby KarateKid » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:07 pm

They did have some on Thursday morning but they were gone super quick. I saw them on the shelf. Probably got bought up by the VIPs and didn't make it to the general line.

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:14 pm

Just wanted to say congrats to all who made it to the Star Wars celebration and/or pick up some of the pops. Hoping to make it to the event in future years :)
Image ImageImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:48 pm

NCDS wrote:
hpellot wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Agreed I was really excited for the design. I am hoping it gets approved at a future date.

I hope it gets approved as well, I would purchase it.
ImageImageImage

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:43 pm

hpellot wrote:
NCDS wrote:
hpellot wrote:

I dunno if it was part of the whole pirate thing but it'll sell out quick if they ever put it on the website.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:44 pm

Nice, congrats on those gets!
:freddy1:

squidward

Postby squidward » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:00 pm

Celebration looked like fun. I love the Funko artist sketches that I saw a few people win. They were so awesome!
I haven't got a Grogu yet, but I'll get him eventually.
And my Funko order with a Boba Fett soda and R2D2 bag and Pop is delayed.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:15 am

wolfy233 wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

It did? I never saw that announcement. But yeah, you can't trust Reedpop to stick to something like that given their pattern.

If you look on the Funko site under blog and find what and where a pop was released you’ll see it’s under reedpop.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:13 am

Nice haul, that Grogu is absolutely fabulous!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

CrushMcLovin

Postby CrushMcLovin » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:13 pm

dork_knight wrote:
CrushMcLovin wrote:

I’m not big into stickers, but I have to agree with you. That SWC sticker looks good with the overall look of the box design and pop inside. The shared sticker is so in-your-face lol

Haha yea that big rectangle and large font distract you from the pop on the shared version, it might be best for Funko to consider putting the shared sticker on the side window if it’s gonna be that big lol
:freddy2:
Funatic since '13
Funko Collection Count: 962
http://www.TheVIParolaz.com
PROTO ISO: MCU / Disney Pixar

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:27 pm

squidward wrote:Celebration looked like fun. I love the Funko artist sketches that I saw a few people win. They were so awesome!

Yeah it looked like it was a blast.lol Not sure how you’re going about getting Grogu, but the after market price right now is pretty decent. I can see him going up in value. Wouldn’t wait too long if I was you. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:38 pm

Congrats, I was able to get them as well and an Obi wan glow
ImageImageImage

squidward

Postby squidward » Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:28 pm

lavery01 wrote:
squidward wrote:Celebration looked like fun. I love the Funko artist sketches that I saw a few people win. They were so awesome!

Yeah it looked like it was a blast.lol Not sure how you’re going about getting Grogu, but the after market price right now is pretty decent. I can see him going up in value. Wouldn’t wait too long if I was you. lol

Sometimes waiting for the hype to die down pays off, sometimes that's a big mistake. I'll be patient and look again in 3+ months. If I don't get this LE numbered edition, it's not a big deal. I already have several very cool Grogu Pops.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Return to “Pop!”