Your favorite pop?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
theoriginalz

Re: The one pop that made you happy

Postby theoriginalz » Thu May 02, 2019 7:55 pm

Indiana Jones Parks Exc. a friend sent it to me with a separate trade as a gift and didn’t tell me. I was nearly in tears.
First POP! - 2012
First Fundays - 2019
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
First FDO - 2023
I LOVE Gold Vinyl
The United Funko Family

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Thu May 02, 2019 8:38 pm

I always go back to my original, Mouth from the Goonies. Still one of my favorite Pops and movies. Though shortly after I got Marty and Doc from BTTF and I love those dearly too.

I'll also say Freddy Yoda. I have a decent amount of Freddy's but that is definitely my favorite, I love Yoda. So awesome to read everyone's stories.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Thu May 02, 2019 8:41 pm

My two boys told my wife to order me the war machine from avengers endgame in the white suit. It completed my set of the white jump suits and I was very happy
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

THE_WOOBIE

Postby THE_WOOBIE » Thu May 02, 2019 9:31 pm

Popsaysyee wrote:PIKACHU was the one pop that made me happy!! I need ALL the Pokemon lol

"Gotta catch 'em all!"..... Or buy them all?? lol I'm so excited for the Mewtwo pop! :freddy2:

THE_WOOBIE

Postby THE_WOOBIE » Thu May 02, 2019 9:36 pm

Swatrob wrote:My two boys told my wife to order me the war machine from avengers endgame in the white suit. It completed my set of the white jump suits and I was very happy

That's awesome to hear! I wonder what the second wave is going to look like... Definitely would like to see Captain America holding an extra item aside from his shield! Note: Don't want to give off any spoilers for those that have not yet watched the movie. :-$

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Thu May 02, 2019 9:47 pm

THE_WOOBIE wrote:
Swatrob wrote:My two boys told my wife to order me the war machine from avengers endgame in the white suit. It completed my set of the white jump suits and I was very happy

That's awesome to hear! I wonder what the second wave is going to look like... Definitely would like to see Captain America holding an extra item aside from his shield! Note: Don't want to give off any spoilers for those that have not yet watched the movie. :-$

I try to be very vague when I post about the movie. I know it will never happen but I really want Korg in the hawaain shirt. Don’t really think that’s much of a spoiler
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

LinnyPopSmart

Postby LinnyPopSmart » Thu May 02, 2019 10:05 pm

Iron Man Mark 1 is mine. Didn’t even know it existed but stumbled on it at GameStop.

LinnyPopSmart

Postby LinnyPopSmart » Thu May 02, 2019 10:06 pm

Iron Man Mark 1 is mine. Didn’t even know it existed but stumbled on it at GameStop.

THE_WOOBIE

Postby THE_WOOBIE » Thu May 02, 2019 11:44 pm

LinnyPopSmart wrote:Iron Man Mark 1 is mine. Didn’t even know it existed but stumbled on it at GameStop.

That's a sweet pop too! I have one myself! \:D/

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Fri May 03, 2019 12:00 am

Mine is my original Biggie. It was one of those pops that were out of reach for me and Got super lucky is a raffle.
Big D
IG:
funko420

squidward

Postby squidward » Fri May 03, 2019 12:36 am

I love the Indiana Jones with Idol Pop.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

PopNoggles

Postby PopNoggles » Fri May 03, 2019 1:40 am

djwu wrote:Was reading through the "The Pops that got away" (great thread still) and thought we need some positive vibes!

What are some Pops that you found, received, purchased or traded for that made you happy?

Could be any time, whether its all time or just as recent as today.

When you got me the Black Suit Superman because you knew I worked on Man of Steel. ;)
ImageImage

Chaister87

Postby Chaister87 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:59 pm

I think mine would be the holographic darth maul pop. If I had to choose just one to take with me, it would definitely be him :)

Thyla

Postby Thyla » Fri May 03, 2019 8:07 pm

djwu wrote:Was reading through the "The Pops that got away" (great thread still) and thought we need some positive vibes!

What are some Pops that you found, received, purchased or traded for that made you happy?

Could be any time, whether its all time or just as recent as today.

My favorites are my Eeyores. My husband even got me the proto signed by the artist.

Mr_Wilson

Postby Mr_Wilson » Fri May 03, 2019 8:18 pm

Sike O Shriner Funko HQ opening. Didn’t get to grab it off the shelf but a fellow collector had one and recognized me for trying to stand up to people cutting in line so she let me have it.
IG: mrwilsonthai
Twitter: WilsonThai

Image Image

Khearts93

Postby Khearts93 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:16 pm

booboo79 wrote:Hard to choose one specific pop because it’s more so a subsection of a line that’s made me happy - all the cereal mascots within the ad icons line :)

I know how you feel lol I feel the same about my anime pops! That’s what got me into collecting pops!

nerdgirlcustoms

Postby nerdgirlcustoms » Fri May 03, 2019 10:18 pm

The very first Pop I managed to get from the shop was Paul Feig. Will always be a favorite that makes me super happy!

The4thCurator

Postby The4thCurator » Fri May 03, 2019 10:42 pm

Has to be my metallic Genie from sdcc
ImageImageImage Image

Fountaineer

Postby Fountaineer » Sat May 04, 2019 12:25 pm

djwu wrote:
Fountaineer wrote:Honestly the pop that keeps me laughing is the Blue Tobias chase from Arrested Development. Such a perfect chase decision.

Its cuz he blue'd himself.. but yeah when I saw it existed I went chasing for the chase, it was awesome just knowing it existed!

Right?? I didn't even go after the others in the set because that single pop captured the show already

rday1990

Postby rday1990 » Sat May 04, 2019 4:44 pm

I was pretty hyped when I received the Women of Marvel subscription box and it had Squirrel Girl in there. She’s my favorite Marvel character next to Iron Man

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Sat May 04, 2019 7:40 pm

ShellyGt86 wrote:
HarryPOPter wrote:
ShellyGt86 wrote:While at Funko Fundays in 2016, I pulled Captain America and Leaping Deadpool prototypes. My mom also received an extra prototype and didn’t tell me until walking out of Fundays. Obie Wan Kenobi with lightsaber. I just love them. \:D/

Those are awesome and really good finds! I pulled a rando proto from some random movie during Fundays too, but it still makes me happy because I was able to get one.

I totally understand that. Even one prototype is awesome no matter what character. I hope to be chosen this year for tickets to Funko Fundays. [-o< I think everyone feels the same way.

Hahah for sure! It would be awesome to get Fundays tickets. Otherwise I’ll have to live the experience through everyone else hahah.
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Sat May 04, 2019 7:43 pm

Swatrob wrote:
THE_WOOBIE wrote:

I try to be very vague when I post about the movie. I know it will never happen but I really want Korg in the hawaain shirt. Don’t really think that’s much of a spoiler

There is a spoiler thread for this if you want to discuss the movie without offending anyone. I do like your idea though! That would make a good pop!
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Sat May 04, 2019 7:44 pm

Westlos420 wrote:Mine is my original Biggie. It was one of those pops that were out of reach for me and Got super lucky is a raffle.

That’s a nice raffle grab! I’m glad you were able to getting it.
Jenny

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Sat May 04, 2019 7:47 pm

Khearts93 wrote:
booboo79 wrote:Hard to choose one specific pop because it’s more so a subsection of a line that’s made me happy - all the cereal mascots within the ad icons line :)

I know how you feel lol I feel the same about my anime pops! That’s what got me into collecting pops!

Every time I see someone’s collection I always want to get it haha. I feel like they just look nicer all together. I was super tempted to collect the Marvel gold chrome because it looks really nice together.
Jenny

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Sat May 04, 2019 9:25 pm

HarryPOPter wrote:
Swatrob wrote:
THE_WOOBIE wrote:

There is a spoiler thread for this if you want to discuss the movie without offending anyone. I do like your idea though! That would make a good pop!

I’ve seen that one but this comment was relevant here, just hoping no one gets hat movie spoiled for them. Though the Russo brothers stated Monday is the day you can start talking spoilers.

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sat May 04, 2019 10:45 pm

The pops that make me the most happy usually are when someone buys me one that I need. It means a lot to me and I think of them every time I see it.
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Sat May 04, 2019 10:57 pm

Great thread idea! My 2012 SDDC 10" Sulley & Boo set was one of my first big purchases back in 2013. I can't remember if it was SDCC or Wondercon, but I found the set in a random anime figure booth. The box was beat up and had a $100 price tag on it. I talked the vendor down to $80. Best $80 I've ever spent on a pop. Love the set, because the scale is more accurate to the normal size Mike and Boo. Plus, Disney Pixar is life.
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:22 am

I was looking forward to the Hot Topic Dark Phoenix Pop. The design on that is amazing. Of course I was hoping I could get the chase and common version but cannot get to the stores for release due to work. Missed out on the online release as well. Was able to snag a couple on the restock online and did in fact receive the chase version. I was ecstatic
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

Kungfutoys

Postby Kungfutoys » Sun May 05, 2019 12:26 am

Any of the Disney Park themed Pops. Brings back those childhood memories!
:freddy3:
Funko Funatic Since 1999
2002 FunKlub Member #0037
Funko Events Attended:
2002 1st Fundays at Sparky’s until the last Fundays at SDCC 2023
2016 Funko Fright Night
2017 Everett Headquarters Grand Opening
2018 Making Fun Hollywood Premier
2019 Hollywood Store Grand Opening
2021 FunKon Hollywood
2022 Funko Fright Night 2 NYCC
2023 Funko Fundays

Popsaysyee

Postby Popsaysyee » Sun May 05, 2019 2:03 am

THE_WOOBIE wrote:
Popsaysyee wrote:PIKACHU was the one pop that made me happy!! I need ALL the Pokemon lol

"Gotta catch 'em all!"..... Or buy them all?? lol I'm so excited for the Mewtwo pop! :freddy2:

Gotta buy them all babyyyyy!!!!
Jayson

ImageImageImage

Alumencia

Postby Alumencia » Sun May 05, 2019 3:21 am

While I couldn’t get them for retail, I was quite happy with a few Pops I got in the last year or so:

Glow Mars Attacks Martian
Indy with the Idol
ECCC Green Glow BMO

Theshowman619

Postby Theshowman619 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:30 am

My SM freddy. I got it at wondercon from sully, Cameron, and Dima. By far my favorite piece. We chatted for a bit and they were totally cool with my daughter who was 4. For that alone, they are forever cool with me
:freddy4: ImageImage
ImageImageImage

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Sun May 05, 2019 3:37 am

Landing a grail generally makes me happy. Indiana Jones, Metallic Genie, even Leonidas. But there are always simple ones of characters i love-wolverine, Colossus, TDk Joker.

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Sun May 05, 2019 3:39 am

Original Ursula. Sarcastic Guy gifted it to me...

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Sun May 05, 2019 9:55 am

I know I’ve posted in this thread more than a few times but there have been a lot of pops that have made me happy. Yesterday we went to free comic book day and our store has all kinds of vendors. We looked through everything and I saw my sons face light up when he saw the marvel box exclusive miles morales. Pretty cool pop but the look on my sons face was great. Picked it up right there and it’s now in his collection and that makes me incredibly happy

Pkurtzner

Postby Pkurtzner » Sun May 05, 2019 10:51 am

My Signed TV Flash by Grant Gustin, took forever to track one down as he doesn't really do many cons and none near me.

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Sun May 05, 2019 12:15 pm

The Toy Story 4 Alien holds a special place because a friend gave it to me that’s here.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:24 pm

I have many.

1-Groot, I LOVE Groot. Any and all Groot s must come live at my house.
2- OG KISS set. My very first concert many years ago was KISS on a Halloween night, so I had to have a KISS set of Funko pops. \:D/ \:D/
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Sun May 05, 2019 1:38 pm

hmmmm.... that is a hard question to answer. The Xwing Pilot Luke was my first pop and it was gifted to me by my kid. Sooooo.. that started all of my love for Funko. But I also squealed a little when I bought up Voltron. And I think that I screamed when I got Freddy Yoda from Fundays last year.

So many of my pops bring me joy. That's why I have them.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Sun May 05, 2019 1:42 pm

Headless Ned. I wasn’t collecting Funko and I wasn’t watching GoT. Just thought it was super cool looking so I decided to buy it on eBay for $25. I eventually became a big fan of the show (spoiler alert) and Funko. Makes me happy I got it then otherwise I’d never own it with what it sells for currently.
ImageImage

Return to “Pop!”