Your favorite pop?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Jalapenopete

Re: The one pop that made you happy

Postby Jalapenopete » Sun May 05, 2019 2:38 pm

squidward wrote:I love the Indiana Jones with Idol Pop.

That's a pop I wish to own some day the indy pop rocks!!!
:freddy3:

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun May 05, 2019 3:21 pm

Pkurtzner wrote:My Signed TV Flash by Grant Gustin, took forever to track one down as he doesn't really do many cons and none near me.

He does not because he doesn’t fly from what I understand. I was lucky enough to have him in Seattle last year so I took advantage the one day he was here and bought two autos. He couldn’t of been nicer and I had him sign a common one and his unmasked Comic-Con one. Definitely one of the favorites of my entire collection as well

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Sun May 05, 2019 3:33 pm

I love my collection, but the black and white Harrison Collectibles Harley Quinn, the Nightmare Before Christmas Mayor, and Jawa all make me very happy. The Mayor and Harley were gifts from my husband, lonewolf72. The Jawa was my first Pop ever and was "purchased" with tickets at Dave and Busters. It's the one that started all this craziness. lol
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Pkurtzner

Postby Pkurtzner » Sun May 05, 2019 4:14 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
Pkurtzner wrote:My Signed TV Flash by Grant Gustin, took forever to track one down as he doesn't really do many cons and none near me.

He does not because he doesn’t fly from what I understand. I was lucky enough to have him in Seattle last year so I took advantage the one day he was here and bought two autos. He couldn’t of been nicer and I had him sign a common one and his unmasked Comic-Con one. Definitely one of the favorites of my entire collection as well

Wow that’s interesting! I really want to meet him in person and I live in the city he grew up in, so hoping he’ll do one of the local cons here at some point.

Antman

Postby Antman » Sun May 05, 2019 4:48 pm

My pride and joy is Boba Fett (1st Appearance) Pop. Bought it at a local convention shortly after it was released at SDCC. He's my favorite character and I couldn't imagine a better version than this. Rarity, LE:480, played no part in this.

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Sun May 05, 2019 5:07 pm

Jolibee and original Jamie Lannister were pops I got as gifts from some awesome people. Definitely ones that I’m very fond of and make me happy.

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun May 05, 2019 5:34 pm

Pkurtzner wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

Wow that’s interesting! I really want to meet him in person and I live in the city he grew up in, so hoping he’ll do one of the local cons here at some point.

Yeah he was really great with all of his fans. His line was a super long wait because he took the time to interact with every person that came across his table. Probably the nicest celebrity I’ve met at any con yet, Hope I get another chance to meet him again someday. :)

Pkurtzner

Postby Pkurtzner » Sun May 05, 2019 5:52 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
Pkurtzner wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:He does not because he doesn’t fly from what I understand. I was lucky enough to have him in Seattle last year so I took advantage the one day he was here and bought two autos. He couldn’t of been nicer and I had him sign a common one and his unmasked Comic-Con one. Definitely one of the favorites of my entire collection as well

Yeah he was really great with all of his fans. His line was a super long wait because he took the time to interact with every person that came across his table. Probably the nicest celebrity I’ve met at any con yet, Hope I get another chance to meet him again someday. :)

Yea I’ve heard the same thing from many folks about when they met him. Really awesome when celebs take the time to interact, especially with the waits we have to wait sometimes

Mags

Postby Mags » Sun May 05, 2019 7:10 pm

Swatrob wrote:I know I’ve posted in this thread more than a few times but there have been a lot of pops that have made me happy. Yesterday we went to free comic book day and our store has all kinds of vendors. We looked through everything and I saw my sons face light up when he saw the marvel box exclusive miles morales. Pretty cool pop but the look on my sons face was great. Picked it up right there and it’s now in his collection and that makes me incredibly happy

That's totally awesome!

Wild_Flower85

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:01 pm

Rainbow Brite :freddy2:

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Sun May 05, 2019 8:12 pm

Mags wrote:
Swatrob wrote:I know I’ve posted in this thread more than a few times but there have been a lot of pops that have made me happy. Yesterday we went to free comic book day and our store has all kinds of vendors. We looked through everything and I saw my sons face light up when he saw the marvel box exclusive miles morales. Pretty cool pop but the look on my sons face was great. Picked it up right there and it’s now in his collection and that makes me incredibly happy

That's totally awesome!

The collecting gene has definitely been inherited by both of my boys. It’s incredibly fun to watch them
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Sun May 05, 2019 8:13 pm

I know he’s not worth a whole ton but my Manny Pacqiuao Pop still makes me smile. My fiancé camped out for it at the BAIT store and surprised me with it when I got home.
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

IG: @FreddyFunKoncept and @ronaldo_rey_

Image Image Image Image

binarykaos

Postby binarykaos » Sun May 05, 2019 8:28 pm

The pop that has made me the most happy is that we get not one but multiple Kevin Smith Pops! I am looking forward to Jay and Silent Bob Reboot and hoping we get some new pops from that line too!

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:35 pm

Glow in the dark doc brown made me very happy about two years ago and it completed my set of bttf at that time
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun May 05, 2019 8:37 pm

Pkurtzner wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:
Pkurtzner wrote:

Yea I’ve heard the same thing from many folks about when they met him. Really awesome when celebs take the time to interact, especially with the waits we have to wait sometimes

Agree 100%. Especially with what we end up paying on top of the wait. I understand the need to be quick but when I’m paying $75-$200 for a few seconds of your time, I at the very least expect a little courtesy. Grant was one of the very few I’ve ever seen to go a little above and beyond for every person he came across that day so it is a refreshing change.

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Sun May 05, 2019 10:14 pm

This is a tough question..all my pops make me happy. Going with my proto TY Freddy that I won at FDO 8
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

chrislinkouswvu13

Postby chrislinkouswvu13 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:35 pm

I really enjoy my glow in the dark Harry Potter pops
Hey, I’m Chris.

IG/Twitter: GhostGang1322

:freddy3: Image ImageImageImageImageImage Image Image

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Sun May 05, 2019 11:08 pm

Gerry Garcia, Killer Frost, White Lantern Supes, and many more

nogimmick

Postby nogimmick » Sun May 05, 2019 11:11 pm

unmasked TV flash was my first grail piece so he'll always have a special place in my heart.
indigo tribe, nok :freddy2:

Pkurtzner

Postby Pkurtzner » Mon May 06, 2019 9:18 am

MattyPHATty wrote:
Pkurtzner wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:Yeah he was really great with all of his fans. His line was a super long wait because he took the time to interact with every person that came across his table. Probably the nicest celebrity I’ve met at any con yet, Hope I get another chance to meet him again someday. :)

Agree 100%. Especially with what we end up paying on top of the wait. I understand the need to be quick but when I’m paying $75-$200 for a few seconds of your time, I at the very least expect a little courtesy. Grant was one of the very few I’ve ever seen to go a little above and beyond for every person he came across that day so it is a refreshing change.

Agree 100% man, that is so refreshing to hear

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon May 06, 2019 10:52 am

Hot Topic Silver Batman!

djwu

Postby djwu » Mon May 06, 2019 3:11 pm

Multiple instances can always make one happy, not like there is finite supply of happiness ;-) Honestly this whole thread with every instances of happiness just brings a smile so that makes me happy!
Image Image

nerdy_jesus13

Postby nerdy_jesus13 » Mon May 06, 2019 6:43 pm

Definitely has to be my Fat Man pop. It was my first time foing to funday and my side, team avengers, was hand picked by Kevin Smith himself as the loudest and won the pop.
:freddy1:

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Mon May 06, 2019 8:13 pm

When I have a bad day, Minion Pops would put me in a good mood.

comic book guy

Postby comic book guy » Mon May 06, 2019 8:32 pm

nerdy_jesus13 wrote:Definitely has to be my Fat Man pop. It was my first time foing to funday and my side, team avengers, was hand picked by Kevin Smith himself as the loudest and won the pop.

Congrats! I was there and am a big View Askew fan so I was really cheering and hoping to win that awesome Fat Man pop!
=D>
:king: Mike

nerdy_jesus13

Postby nerdy_jesus13 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:37 pm

comic book guy wrote:
nerdy_jesus13 wrote:Definitely has to be my Fat Man pop. It was my first time foing to funday and my side, team avengers, was hand picked by Kevin Smith himself as the loudest and won the pop.

Congrats! I was there and am a big View Askew fan so I was really cheering and hoping to win that awesome Fat Man pop!
=D>

Same, view askew movie alll hold special place. Definitely wanted to win so i was screaming louder then a little girl at a k-pop concert lol.
:freddy1:

djwu

Postby djwu » Mon May 06, 2019 9:59 pm

nerdy_jesus13 wrote:
comic book guy wrote:

=D>

Same, view askew movie alll hold special place. Definitely wanted to win so i was screaming louder then a little girl at a k-pop concert lol.

Lol that is loud
Image Image

cptuff1969

Postby cptuff1969 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:50 pm

The Metallic Robin Chase I found at Target was pretty stocked about it :cheers:
Image Image[/quote]

Chris23tian

Postby Chris23tian » Tue May 07, 2019 2:00 am

Green Chrome Batman at Eccc 2017 Booth. Literally the best story and best outcome for my only eccc visit.
Making Fun Premiere 2018
Funatic Disneyland Meet Up 2018
ECCC 2018
Funko Funkast Meet-Up 2018
Funko Fundays 2019
Funko Hollywood HQ
Funkon Hollywood/ Virtual Fundays

djwu

Postby djwu » Tue May 07, 2019 3:58 pm

Chris23tian wrote:Green Chrome Batman at Eccc 2017 Booth. Literally the best story and best outcome for my only eccc visit.

Curious, what is your story now?
Image Image

Chris23tian

Postby Chris23tian » Tue May 07, 2019 9:44 pm

djwu wrote:
Chris23tian wrote:Green Chrome Batman at Eccc 2017 Booth. Literally the best story and best outcome for my only eccc visit.

Curious, what is your story now?

Long story very short. Waited for my 1pm time slot around 5 A.M. Saturday and they only had 3 left. I was first then some “ADA’s” showed up 3 min before 1 pm and the Funko staff sold the 3 chromes to the people that lined up earlier that day. I talked to some Great funatics in Seattle while we waited for the Booth time slot.
Making Fun Premiere 2018
Funatic Disneyland Meet Up 2018
ECCC 2018
Funko Funkast Meet-Up 2018
Funko Fundays 2019
Funko Hollywood HQ
Funkon Hollywood/ Virtual Fundays

Lvpopcollector

Postby Lvpopcollector » Tue May 07, 2019 10:16 pm

My Freddy Yoda. Went through a lot to get him. First one never showed up and had some back and forth to get refund. Second one came from New Zealand and the wait was excruciating. I did a happy dance when he came and I opened him up!
:SW9:
Heather
Collector in Las Vegas since 2015

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:36 pm

Lvpopcollector wrote:My Freddy Yoda. Went through a lot to get him. First one never showed up and had some back and forth to get refund. Second one came from New Zealand and the wait was excruciating. I did a happy dance when he came and I opened him up!

I was actually going to say the same pop.

A friend put me in contact with a friend of his that was selling for an awesome price, and I couldn’t pass it up.

There was a slight worrying period during the whole negotiations, but it all worked out in the end and I am super stoked to have him.
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

Urstranger1

Postby Urstranger1 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:37 am

One Pop comes to mind for me.. my Muppet's Kermit 01. I was at Frank & Sons in Southern California. and guy leans over and says.. "you should buy the Kermit.. he will be vaulted soon". So I picked him up for $10 bucks. Still have him in my collection. :)
SDCC 2010-2023
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Wed May 08, 2019 1:22 am

The pop that made me extremely happy came from a raffle. I have extremely bad luck with raffles so I stopped trying to participate in them so often. However I came across this raffle that had one of my grails that I had been in search of for a long time which was lotso and I decided to test my luck. Behold! I was lucky enough to win it and I was extremely happy about that so in the end I only paid about $20-30 if i remember correctly for the pop :)
ImageImageImageImage

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Wed May 08, 2019 8:16 am

Urstranger1 wrote:One Pop comes to mind for me.. my Muppet's Kermit 01. I was at Frank & Sons in Southern California. and guy leans over and says.. "you should buy the Kermit.. he will be vaulted soon". So I picked him up for $10 bucks. Still have him in my collection. :)

Good job, though I had Kermit but lost him in an intense poker game.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Wed May 08, 2019 8:41 am

When I opened up my Baby with Sam shipment from Hot Topic and saw it was the Chase. My first chase ever in the mail. And with me being a huge Supernatural fan it was the perfect addition to the collection.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

jarroyo2491

Postby jarroyo2491 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:19 am

All my chrome Batmans put a huge smile on my face every time I look at my display. Took a while to get blue chrome and green, but the headache was worth it!

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed May 08, 2019 10:46 am

SDCC metallic Captain America!

Angology

Postby Angology » Wed May 08, 2019 10:48 am

Mine would White Raven from Teen Titans Go. I wasn't collecting hardcore when it came out, and I hesitated when the prices started rising. I never thought I would have her, but I got her at a reasonable price in excellent condition from a Facebook group member. Still makes me smile.

Of the more common, the gold Shenron is so beautiful. I don't even collect that line or watch the show, but I love that one and display him OOB on the mantle, where I can see him all of the time, rather than in the back rooms where I display most of my collection.

Oh, and my set of Babymetal Pops-I never imagined they would make them, and I am still so happy that they did!
Angela
Instagram: @Angology
ISO: NYCC 2016 Scott Pilgrim Pop

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Pop!”