Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Willow Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Tusken

Re: Willow Pops

Postby Tusken » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:32 am

I like the show but some of the characters are confusing and they continue to talk towards Val Kilmer (Madmartigan) being there but not there. I would love a pop of Madmartigan for sure though. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:29 am

Willow is about the only Fantasy movie from my childhood that I could never get into. I tried to watch it again last year and got the same result, I couldn't finish it.

Calico88

Postby Calico88 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:02 am

would love a low le warwick davis pop he deserves it
FUNKO NYCC- 2017,2018,2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Funko fright night 2 - 2022

Funko SDCC - 2023-2024

FUNDAYS- 2023 :freddy2:

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:54 am

fbingha wrote:Willow is about the only Fantasy movie from my childhood that I could never get into. I tried to watch it again last year and got the same result, I couldn't finish it.

Is it that bad?
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Nihil

Postby Nihil » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:58 am

I'm actually loving the show. It's definitely cheesy and a bit more of a YA story (a lot like the new National Treasure show) but I'm still enjoying it. And I love that Warwick is basically playing his smartass self now.

I always liked the design of General Kael from the movie, so that would be the Pop I'd want most.
Funatic from Philadelphia. Nicolas Cage Super Fan.

FunkoPopPortraits

Postby FunkoPopPortraits » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:13 pm

Tusken wrote:I like the show but some of the characters are confusing and they continue to talk towards Val Kilmer (Madmartigan) being there but not there. I would love a pop of Madmartigan for sure though. :freddy3:

I believe they said that they’re hoping to find a way to have him featured in a season 2 if they’re able to get there.
“All we have is this very moment.”
-Paula Cole

Nihil

Postby Nihil » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:55 pm

FunkoPopPortraits wrote:
Tusken wrote:I like the show but some of the characters are confusing and they continue to talk towards Val Kilmer (Madmartigan) being there but not there. I would love a pop of Madmartigan for sure though. :freddy3:

I believe they said that they’re hoping to find a way to have him featured in a season 2 if they’re able to get there.

From what I've read, they planned to have him in season one, but with COVID and Kilmer's declining health they had to scrap that and come up with the storyline that he disappeared. The voice you hear is actually Kilmer's son.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:05 pm

Yes!

Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:13 pm

scullysdad wrote:Yes!

This is Awesome to see and exciting!! Yahoo more Willow. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Nihil

Postby Nihil » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:06 pm

And just like I asked for, they have a General Kael.

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:53 pm

Argh at those Lucasfilm stands!

LoneWolf72

Postby LoneWolf72 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:54 pm

scullysdad wrote:Lucasfilm just dropped some new trailers at Star Wars Celebration, including the Willow tv show. It looks great actually. I have been a Willow fan since I was a kid (I especially loved the NES game) so this is a return I am happy to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbbveDp ... =Lucasfilm

Funko, I know you are going to make Pops, right? ;-) I would be all in on the line.

ETA: Not only did they make them, but they made the original movie which is even better:

Like you, I've been a Willow fan since I was a kid. Seeing Warwick at SWC during the Obi-wan panel and the announcement of the new series, let just say I was more than a little excited.
These new pops look amazing, and I hope that a Willow or Madmartigan Freddy might be in the works for Fundays this year.
I'm Chad AKA Mr. StarWarner.
Image Image
Collecting since 2013
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Virtual Con (2020), and Funkon (2021)
Funko Panel, Bingo Night (SDCC)
Funko Panel, Hall H (SDCC)
Fright Night San Diego
Funko HQ Grand Opening
Funko Hollywood
FDO: Sacramento, Los Angeles (×2), and Baltimore (×2)
Fun on the Run, San Diego

Nihil

Postby Nihil » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:11 pm

Just thinking about it, now with the launch of BITTY Pops, they could have the Brownies Franjean and Rool from the movie.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:20 pm

I need to catch up on a few episodes!

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:36 pm

Wondering if these will actually see production. i guess there isn’t going to be a second season. I kept meaning to watch and episode or two but haven’t yet. Is it worth watching?
Hi! I’m Eric

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:49 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:Wondering if these will actually see production. i guess there isn’t going to be a second season. I kept meaning to watch and episode or two but haven’t yet. Is it worth watching?

Since these are from the movie it has a better chance of coming out, as for it being worth watching that is of course subjective but I think the fact that it’s already canceled is a pretty good indicator.

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:04 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:Wondering if these will actually see production. i guess there isn’t going to be a second season. I kept meaning to watch and episode or two but haven’t yet. Is it worth watching?

Since these are from the movie it has a better chance of coming out, as for it being worth watching that is of course subjective but I think the fact that it’s already canceled is a pretty good indicator.

True, the Pops are from the movie so I hope they go into production. I think streaming services are waking up from the results of the flashy content wars they waged against each other and some shows that probably should be given at least 2 seasons to catch on.
Hi! I’m Eric

Return to “Pop!”