Netflix’s Pinocchio Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
x3r0

Re: Netflix’s Pinocchio Pops!

Postby x3r0 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:15 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
bluesnote wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
It's still Disney though

I'm not too sure about that since isn't Pinocchio public domain? That would explain how Netflix is getting away with creating their own version of it.

Yep, the story is public domain. I can’t believe I haven’t seen this version yet. I keep forgetting and Netflix seems to bury stuff in my saved timeline. I have heard so many great things about this Del Toro version of the story and I was pretty underwhelmed by Disney’s live action Zemekis version.

The fact this film took over 10 years (maybe it was 15)— I forget what GTD said during his q&a panel that I attended. But it was incredible to hear his words and the director too.

But I do encourage anyone to see this film. It’s very beautiful and gut wrenching and good vibrations.

Either way. I hope you’re able to find the time to get to watch it.
Collecting since 2010

..I like to take photos of anything...

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funko Hollywood's Sid and Marty Krofft
Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Instagram: Euphoria Imaging

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:04 pm

x3r0 wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
bluesnote wrote:
I'm not too sure about that since isn't Pinocchio public domain? That would explain how Netflix is getting away with creating their own version of it.

Yep, the story is public domain. I can’t believe I haven’t seen this version yet. I keep forgetting and Netflix seems to bury stuff in my saved timeline. I have heard so many great things about this Del Toro version of the story and I was pretty underwhelmed by Disney’s live action Zemekis version.

The fact this film took over 10 years (maybe it was 15)— I forget what GTD said during his q&a panel that I attended. But it was incredible to hear his words and the director too.

But I do encourage anyone to see this film. It’s very beautiful and gut wrenching and good vibrations.

Wow! 15 years. I promise I will make the time.
Hi! I’m Eric

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:30 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

Wow! 15 years. I promise I will make the time.

It truly is a magical film :)
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:11 pm

I really loved this film, I didn't realize it had pops. Though keeping track of drops during December is hard. I am going to have to track them down, I hope they look as good in person.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

arnie

Postby arnie » Sun May 07, 2023 10:36 am

OMG I didn't know there was a show!!! D:

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Sun May 07, 2023 10:52 am

arnie wrote:OMG I didn't know there was a show!!! D:

Should be on Netflix still. It’s a very emotional roller coaster type of movie. Beautifully made nonetheless.
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Return to “Pop!”