Worst selling Funko Pop

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Alanamaslama

Re: Worst selling Funko Pop

Postby Alanamaslama » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:53 am

Ironfish242 wrote:Ive seen a ton of the gingerbread Marvel & NBC Pops on clearance isles everywhere, so Im saying those are probably some of the worst.

Any holiday-related variants. I find pink Valentines pops everywhere, characters in Xmas outfits or as gingerbread, etc.
Hey, I’m Alan!

Events checked off:

Funko Fundays 2017, FunKon 2021
SDCC 1999, 2017-2019, 2022, 2023
WonderCon 2019
Comic Con Revolution Ontario 2017, 2018, 2023, 2024
Los Angeles Comic Con 2016, 2018, 2019

Jmagic

Postby Jmagic » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:29 am

Alanamaslama wrote:
Ironfish242 wrote:Ive seen a ton of the gingerbread Marvel & NBC Pops on clearance isles everywhere, so Im saying those are probably some of the worst.

Any holiday-related variants. I find pink Valentines pops everywhere, characters in Xmas outfits or as gingerbread, etc.

I would agree on the ginger bread series. See that majority of the time. Can't say I'm the fan of the line personally.
I Collect Stoof :albino:

Prime_Pops

Postby Prime_Pops » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:54 am

I'd agree about Valerian pops and also Marvel Lucha Libre pops. 2 other sets I saw sit forever were Westworld and Black Mirror. There's probably so many more I'd remember if I looked at my lists.
More Spidey Pops? Yes please! :spiderman:

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:59 am

Prime_Pops wrote:I'd agree about Valerian pops and also Marvel Lucha Libre pops. 2 other sets I saw sit forever were Westworld and Black Mirror. There's probably so many more I'd remember if I looked at my lists.

Marvel is kind of on a roll with themed pops that don’t sell too well. Lucha Libre was probably the worst, but Mechs and Monster Hunters don’t seem crazy popular. The comics of the latter two weren’t much to write home about either. Only Zombies seemed to sell decently.
Hey, I’m Alan!

Events checked off:

WonderCon 2019

Prime_Pops

Postby Prime_Pops » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:48 am

Alanamaslama wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:I'd agree about Valerian pops and also Marvel Lucha Libre pops. 2 other sets I saw sit forever were Westworld and Black Mirror. There's probably so many more I'd remember if I looked at my lists.

Marvel is kind of on a roll with themed pops that don’t sell too well. Lucha Libre was probably the worst, but Mechs and Monster Hunters don’t seem crazy popular. The comics of the latter two weren’t much to write home about either. Only Zombies seemed to sell decently.

I love the Marvel Zombie comics so the pops were a must. I'm only missing a couple of the 10in figures. Monster Hunters look cool but I only have a few. The 10 inch Venom is really good. If I see more cheap I'll grab them. I have a few mechs but most stayed on shelf just like those alternate Universe ones. I forget the name. Never read the comics they came from.

X23

Postby X23 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:53 am

I’ve seen the wrinkle in time POPs on clearance at my local comic shop for like 3 years now lol

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:53 am

Prime_Pops wrote:
Alanamaslama wrote:

I love the Marvel Zombie comics so the pops were a must. I'm only missing a couple of the 10in figures. Monster Hunters look cool but I only have a few. The 10 inch Venom is really good. If I see more cheap I'll grab them. I have a few mechs but most stayed on shelf just like those alternate Universe ones. I forget the name. Never read the comics they came from.

Infinity Warps? Those didn’t seem to sell too well. The Monster Hunter ones looked cool (waiting for Doctor Doom to hit that fire sale). Monster Hunters and Mech Strike kind of just felt like a non-canon maxi-series to sell toys from, but otherwise just came and went like most Marvel events these days.

Zombies was a great series, but I only have Silver Surfer.
Hey, I’m Alan!

Events checked off:

WonderCon 2019

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:45 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
BRiley0216 wrote:
polarbearsrule wrote:
Yeah...No one talks about that show anymore.

To be fair most shows that ended 10 years ago aren't talked about anymore

When this show was out...it instantly had the Barnes & Noble red dot on the box.

I got my OG Simpsons pops from the clearance table at my B&N

polarbearsrule

Postby polarbearsrule » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:17 am

lavery01 wrote:
polarbearsrule wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:True Blood :-k :-k :-k

Yeah...No one talks about that show anymore.

That’s so funny! It was one of my favorite shows back in the day! lol

I loved it the first few seasons! Then I remember it getting pretty weird near the end lol

Munke

Postby Munke » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:42 pm

No offense but stop with the Huckleberry Hounds lol

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:10 pm

Yeah, dislike those

Ravergirl27

Postby Ravergirl27 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:01 pm

Valerian pops, I know those sucked.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:03 pm

Munke wrote:No offense but stop with the Huckleberry Hounds lol

Aww, leave Huck alone lol I love the one that came with Brian’s book and the NFT ones, too.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

TonyCFunko

Postby TonyCFunko » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:17 pm

I think it was specifically the Snoke Star Wars Pop!
:freddy2:
Twitter/Instagram: @TonyCFunko
Wondercon ‘23
Fright Nights ‘22
NYCC ‘22
Fundays ‘22
SDCC ‘22
Wondercon ‘22
Funko Pop Quiz S1 Semi-Finalist
SDCC Special Edition ‘21

ISO: My Hero Academia & Demon Slayer Protos

shadow and flame

Postby shadow and flame » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:30 pm

Anyone mention the holiday star wars, specifically the snowmen? Even as a SW fan, I've passed on these for now.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:33 pm

shadow and flame wrote:Anyone mention the holiday star wars, specifically the snowmen? Even as a SW fan, I've passed on these for now.

I appreciate that they do new things, but I was not a fan of those either.

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Straight2VHS

Postby Straight2VHS » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:22 pm

Oh boy, Snoke must have been hugely unpopular.

Dv8sian

Postby Dv8sian » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:23 pm

Alanamaslama wrote:

Agreed, same molds with a lame paint job or seasonal stuff is just a waste of time and effort. I never buy these
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

polarbearsrule

Postby polarbearsrule » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:24 pm

Straight2VHS wrote:Oh boy, Snoke must have been hugely unpopular.

Oh I would bet! I'm a huge Star Wars fan but have 0 desire to own that pop lol.

Dv8sian

Postby Dv8sian » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:27 pm

scullysdad wrote:

Aww, leave Huck alone lol I love the one that came with Brian’s book and the NFT ones, too.

Im not a big Huckleberry but this pop will never die, this is Brains favorite character. SO don't be surprised if you see keychains, pencils, bloxs, shirts, shoes, underwear, hats, 10'in, 18in .... versions coming in the future :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Ramrod510

Postby Ramrod510 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:01 am

More of a line than pops but I was never a fan of the rock candy haha!

inglip

Postby inglip » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:26 pm

Alanamaslama wrote:

I agree; the pink Valentine's day and gingerbread Pops did not appeal to me at all.
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Munke

Postby Munke » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:17 pm

I know you’re right… Oy lol

Dv8sian wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

Im not a big Huckleberry but this pop will never die, this is Brains favorite character. SO don't be surprised if you see keychains, pencils, bloxs, shirts, shoes, underwear, hats, 10'in, 18in .... versions coming in the future :P

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:07 pm

polarbearsrule wrote:
Straight2VHS wrote:Oh boy, Snoke must have been hugely unpopular.

Oh I would bet! I'm a huge Star Wars fan but have 0 desire to own that pop lol.

At the time, I didn't know if I would be the only one on this, but I had no desire to purchase him and instead immediately went for the BB-8.

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:42 pm

The Walmarts in my city have had a boatload of the She-Ra on Swift Wind pop rides for a loooong time. They made that pop so ugly.

I've also seen a bunch of the He-Man on Battle Cat and the Snake Mountain. A lot of the Pop Albums and 4-packs of U2 have been warming shelves. A lot of the 10 inch Pops have been warming the shelves. Why do we need a 10 inch Magic Johnson Team USA Pop? Really, a lot of the Pops at Walmart have been sitting there forever. Those Earth Day Black Orchids have been collecting there for a while...
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

Prime_Pops

Postby Prime_Pops » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:45 pm

Alanamaslama wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:
Alanamaslama wrote:

Infinity Warps? Those didn’t seem to sell too well. The Monster Hunter ones looked cool (waiting for Doctor Doom to hit that fire sale). Monster Hunters and Mech Strike kind of just felt like a non-canon maxi-series to sell toys from, but otherwise just came and went like most Marvel events these days.

Yeah thats it. Infinity Warps. I have a few for some that were cool conceptually but I didn't read tbose either. And could you only get the Surfer, which is a great one though, and not any others. Zombie Magneto is really good and maybe my favorite of the series. Always bummed we never got Zombie Spidey.

Calico88

Postby Calico88 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:30 pm

bitmap wrote:
Serch_na wrote:
Calico88 wrote:as long as they dont start making dorbz again

:-({|= i used to like dorbz

One of the few.

there is a few dorbz rides le metallic i have and will continue too own along wacky wobblers i love the ones i have
FUNKO NYCC- 2017,2018,2019,2021,2022,2023

Funko fright night 2 - 2022

Funko SDCC - 2023

FUNDAYS- 2023 :freddy2:

Dave17251

Postby Dave17251 » Wed May 24, 2023 7:38 pm

Prime_Pops wrote:
Alanamaslama wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:

Yeah thats it. Infinity Warps. I have a few for some that were cool conceptually but I didn't read tbose either. And could you only get the Surfer, which is a great one though, and not any others. Zombie Magneto is really good and maybe my favorite of the series. Always bummed we never got Zombie Spidey.

This far out and these are STILL in clearance at many stores here.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed May 24, 2023 7:40 pm

I still see Bash on clearance in stores, that was a 2021 NYCC exclusive I think. He has to be the winner.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Prime_Pops

Postby Prime_Pops » Fri May 26, 2023 2:28 am

Dave17251 wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:
Alanamaslama wrote:

This far out and these are STILL in clearance at many stores here.

Ha. I just saw some again too.

FunkoVandal413

Postby FunkoVandal413 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:05 pm

Lol every common at target and Walmart
IG Manifiesto_413
Funko Collector since 2011, dedicated and with a crown tattoo. My biggest goals are to become a HoF member and attend Fundays someday.
C2E2 '19, '20, '21, '23
FunKon '21
Fan Expo '22, '23
Anime Magic '22, '23
Anime Central '23
Anime Senpai '23
Days of the Dead Staff '19, '21, '22, '23
Anime Midwest Staff '23

:freddy2:

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:12 pm

Dv8sian wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I think we'll see as much of him as we do BRIAN these days... ;-)

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:14 pm

I think Target has a new shelf warmer that could give Snoke a run for his money. I see so many Haja Estree Pops every time I check the Pops.

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:00 pm

I forgot the movie but it was a brown alien and the pop even had 2 chases I think.......also Tomorrowland pops.

Munke

Postby Munke » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:15 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
Dv8sian wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I think we'll see as much of him as we do BRIAN these days... ;-)

Lol - so true. I mean bring in Droopy!

PickyFunkos

Postby PickyFunkos » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:33 pm

I'm still on board w the Stripes line. Same Stripes pops sitting at our local WalMart for going on 3 years now.

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:25 pm

liiilzz wrote:
BRiley0216 wrote:What's the worst selling pop ever produced in your opinion? Has to be one of the Valerian pops right?

I think those Lucha libre pops lol

I’ve seen people give those away on whatnot and people won’t enter…including me

Haha yeah

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:26 pm

JJLecaros wrote:I forgot the movie but it was a brown alien and the pop even had 2 chases I think.......also Tomorrowland pops.

Valarein

chester
Hall of Fame Class of 2009
Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Postby chester » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:21 pm

The Eternal POP's Have been warming the shelves, and the Popsies too. I don't think anyone has touched the display and it's overflowing with them.
Hello everyone! In case you don't know my name is Paul(Chester if your nasty)

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:50 pm

BRiley0216 wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:I forgot the movie but it was a brown alien and the pop even had 2 chases I think.......also Tomorrowland pops.

Valarein

yeah those did horrible.

Return to “Pop!”