SDCC Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
PopPChulo

Re: SDCC Pops

Postby PopPChulo » Sun May 26, 2024 3:52 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
bryan_sato54 wrote:I would love to see some new beetlejuice pops coming out from the movie at SDCC. That would be cool to see.

That a big possibility for sure

I agree, beetlejuice definitely seems plausible with the new movie coming, even a beetlejuice freddy at fundays sounds plausible
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Sun May 26, 2024 4:18 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
bryan_sato54 wrote:I would love to see some new beetlejuice pops coming out from the movie at SDCC. That would be cool to see.

I agree, beetlejuice definitely seems plausible with the new movie coming, even a beetlejuice freddy at fundays sounds plausible

Oh wow beatlejuice freddy be awesome
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS going to SDCC 2024 - DISNEY D23 2024
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

FunkoSimpson92

Postby FunkoSimpson92 » Sun May 26, 2024 4:25 pm

When do they start announcing what pops will
Be there?

bitmap

Postby bitmap » Sun May 26, 2024 5:01 pm

FunkoSimpson92 wrote:When do they start announcing what pops will
Be there?

I would expect the first announcement to be sometime in June. Then waves will come until the entire collection is announced.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sun May 26, 2024 5:43 pm

bitmap wrote:
Be there?

I would expect the first announcement to be sometime in June. Then waves will come until the entire collection is announced.

It should start June for sure. Maybe 2nd or 3rd week
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Sun May 26, 2024 6:57 pm

DG_FunkPoppa wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
runtodere wrote:The one thing I don't like are when it's heavy glow but the pop is green because of it (or some other random color)

I agree. The glow has to make sense, like the Holographic glows that are blue for Star Wars characters. Really love those. Hopefully we get a Star Wars glow pop for SDCC this year.

A regular Vader Freddy and holographic one like Anakin last year would be insane!

Yes! Would love both of these! Hope we get these and some awesome Star Wars Freddy’s at Fundays!
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

E1f4

Postby E1f4 » Sun May 26, 2024 7:00 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
bitmap wrote:
Be there?

It should start June for sure. Maybe 2nd or 3rd week

Yeah seems like all SDCC news & Funko and all love to wait till mid June before dropping news. Excited to see what's going to be released!
:freddy2:

Bullseye112

Postby Bullseye112 » Sun May 26, 2024 8:39 pm

Yeah I’m excited to see what the SDCC exclusives will be.
SDCC 2022 - Present
Fundays hopeful

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Sun May 26, 2024 8:51 pm

Greek187 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

Beatlefreddy, beatlefreddy, beatlefreddy, perfect.

Lupin1

Postby Lupin1 » Mon May 27, 2024 1:52 am

keyese wrote:I'm going to guess something Deadpool for the new movie, maybe a Minion from that new movie, and something Demon Slayer (maybe that one demon who lives in a pot I can't remember his name).

They have to do something Deadpool and Wolverine, the timing is perfect.

Lupin1

Postby Lupin1 » Mon May 27, 2024 1:53 am

Rick_Morty46 wrote:
Greek187 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

This would also be awesome, I really can’t wait for the movie.

danggit_a

Postby danggit_a » Mon May 27, 2024 2:44 am

Looking forward for the exclusives.

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Mon May 27, 2024 2:47 am

danggit_a wrote:Looking forward for the exclusives.

Same here
Couples funatics!

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon May 27, 2024 10:38 am

PopPChulo wrote:
keyese wrote:I'm going to guess something Deadpool for the new movie, maybe a Minion from that new movie, and something Demon Slayer (maybe that one demon who lives in a pot I can't remember his name).

I think it’ll be Gyutarro since it seems like they still are in the Tengen arc but I’m hoping for Akaza. Would def appreciate a Gyokko though (that’s the one your referencing).

Yes thank you, I couldn't think of the name! And it is surprising we haven't had Akaza yet given how prominent he was in the movie. So any of those would make sense to have for the con.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Mon May 27, 2024 3:52 pm

I would like a Hello Kitty exclusive.

Hannay

Postby Hannay » Mon May 27, 2024 4:20 pm

I would like to see the MLP make a comeback.
~Ana | Las Vegas, NV | @agaleski on Instagram
ImageImage Image Image Image

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Mon May 27, 2024 4:51 pm

chincoteague1 wrote:I would like a Hello Kitty exclusive.

The demand for an HK true con exclusive would be out of control.

Bullseye112

Postby Bullseye112 » Mon May 27, 2024 8:40 pm

mattytreks wrote:
chincoteague1 wrote:I would like a Hello Kitty exclusive.

The demand for an HK true con exclusive would be out of control.

Yeah that would sell out super quickly.
SDCC 2022 - Present
Fundays hopeful

sal0729

Postby sal0729 » Mon May 27, 2024 10:57 pm

Probably going to see one Piece
But I would love to see some Gundam and Halo Pops

Labackpacker007

Postby Labackpacker007 » Tue May 28, 2024 5:53 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

Beetlejuice would be awesome.
Longtime SDCC attendee and volunteer (since before it moved from the U.S. Grant). Also, charter D23 member and D23 Expo attendee. Looking forward to D23 2024 & SDCC2024. My family and I have attempted to attend Funko Fundays every year but have so far been unsuccessful in our quest.
Please don’t suggest joining Cop-a-Pop. We’re not into cheating or line-cutting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Labackpacker007

Postby Labackpacker007 » Tue May 28, 2024 5:58 am

1005_echo wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
funkotron wrote:
Or a Franny and Proto Hall H 2 pack to match Hall H Freddy

Oh heck yeah!

A 2 pack will be awesome. I really hope they do H hall again this year?

Any news on whether Funko will be having a panel in Hall H this year. My family was fortunate enough to attend the first Hall H Funko panel and meet Mike Becker afterwards outside the Hyatt redemption area. He is such a genuinely nice person. He took the time to sign our pops, and they are treasured mementos of a magical day. Definitely a Funko highlight. It makes up for some pretty horrible experiences at the Exhibit hall Funko booth last year.
Longtime SDCC attendee and volunteer (since before it moved from the U.S. Grant). Also, charter D23 member and D23 Expo attendee. Looking forward to D23 2024 & SDCC2024. My family and I have attempted to attend Funko Fundays every year but have so far been unsuccessful in our quest.
Please don’t suggest joining Cop-a-Pop. We’re not into cheating or line-cutting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue May 28, 2024 6:05 am

Labackpacker007 wrote:
1005_echo wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Oh heck yeah!

A 2 pack will be awesome. I really hope they do H hall again this year?

Any news on whether Funko will be having a panel in Hall H this year. My family was fortunate enough to attend the first Hall H Funko panel and meet Mike Becker afterwards outside the Hyatt redemption area. He is such a genuinely nice person. He took the time to sign our pops, and they are treasured mementos of a magical day. Definitely a Funko highlight. It makes up for some pretty horrible experiences at the Exhibit hall Funko booth last year.

Nah, that usually got announced during or near con I believe so
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Labackpacker007

Postby Labackpacker007 » Tue May 28, 2024 6:14 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Labackpacker007 wrote:
1005_echo wrote:A 2 pack will be awesome. I really hope they do H hall again this year?

Thanks. I hope Funko has another panel this year, but I won’t be looking forward to the crazy Hall H lines. Last year, for the first time in decades, there wasn’t a line for Hall H, and no camping out overnight (because of the writers’ strike). It was surreal. XD

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue May 28, 2024 6:50 am

FunkoEmu wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

Well probably see squid games for sdcc cause the new season is dropping this year in December I believe.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some Squid Games marketing at the con, but I'll be surprised if we get pops for it. Funko usually isn't that far ahead of the show/movie. MAYBE at NYCC.

True
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Interest pops Demon Slayer and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue May 28, 2024 10:18 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Labackpacker007 wrote:
1005_echo wrote:A 2 pack will be awesome. I really hope they do H hall again this year?

June should start the notification trail for SDCC!

FunkoEmu

Postby FunkoEmu » Tue May 28, 2024 11:15 am

rexflexall wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Labackpacker007 wrote:

June should start the notification trail for SDCC!

Can't wait. It's a CRAZY time for folks hitting SDCC and NYCC. I'm constantly checking sites and notifications. NYCC tickets are tomorrow (returning VIP), we're ALL waiting on release info for SDCC and of course Fundays!
ImageImage
SDCC: 2023, 2024
DragonCon: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
NYCC: 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Tue May 28, 2024 11:27 am

Labackpacker007 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

Beetlejuice would be awesome.

Yeah I would love to see a two pack with Lydia and beetlejuice.
Hi Im Bryan & Im Pop Collector & Back to the Future Collector as well. \:D/

INSTAGRAM : BRTS054

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Tue May 28, 2024 11:27 am

Greek187 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

Oh wow. That would be great to see that happen. And would be cool to have it Glow in the Dark.
Hi Im Bryan & Im Pop Collector & Back to the Future Collector as well. \:D/

INSTAGRAM : BRTS054

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue May 28, 2024 12:41 pm

Labackpacker007 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Labackpacker007 wrote:

Thanks. I hope Funko has another panel this year, but I won’t be looking forward to the crazy Hall H lines. Last year, for the first time in decades, there wasn’t a line for Hall H, and no camping out overnight (because of the writers’ strike). It was surreal. XD

Even the lines for the first Funko Hall H panel weren't too bad, I think because it was later on Sunday and people usually travel back home that time. Now that they have given things out in the past, I am not sure if it will be a walk in again.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Tue May 28, 2024 1:11 pm

If they do have a Sunday Hall H panel, I would feel sorry for them after having to do 2 Fundays this year.
Image Image

emzben25

Postby emzben25 » Tue May 28, 2024 7:25 pm

akagalar wrote:If they do have a Sunday Hall H panel, I would feel sorry for them after having to do 2 Fundays this year.

That would be a lot of work for Funko! I wonder why they decided to have a Hall H panel one year and not last year.

In other news, I'm excited to see reveals for this year's pops! SDCC is coming up so soon!

Relinquish

Postby Relinquish » Tue May 28, 2024 7:30 pm

emzben25 wrote:
akagalar wrote:If they do have a Sunday Hall H panel, I would feel sorry for them after having to do 2 Fundays this year.

That would be a lot of work for Funko! I wonder why they decided to have a Hall H panel one year and not last year.

In other news, I'm excited to see reveals for this year's pops! SDCC is coming up so soon!

I think it was a light year for Hall H that year maybe and it is pretty expensive to do those panels I bet. They probably didn't think it was worth it especially with last year being a "smaller" Hall H where it wasn't even open on Sunday. I'm guessing we don't see another Hall H panel this year with the two Fundays now.

E1f4

Postby E1f4 » Tue May 28, 2024 7:50 pm

Relinquish wrote:
emzben25 wrote:

I think it was a light year for Hall H that year maybe and it is pretty expensive to do those panels I bet. They probably didn't think it was worth it especially with last year being a "smaller" Hall H where it wasn't even open on Sunday. I'm guessing we don't see another Hall H panel this year with the two Fundays now.

Yeah probably a long shot unfortunately, but would love to see some more Hall H stickers. I think they look awesome!

kmandude92

Postby kmandude92 » Tue May 28, 2024 8:05 pm

Relinquish wrote:
emzben25 wrote:

I'm cool with not having a Hall H panel (we're planning on leaving Sunday morning so I can't extend my stay lol) but the Hall H stickers do have a cool look to them!
Stay Lit, Y'all :-({|=
IG: @kylekollector
ISO:
Ezio 21 (grey outfit Common and blue outfit GameStop exclusive)
Logan 28 (Box Only - I have the non-bobblehead Pop itself)
Peter Parker 34 (Box Only - I have the Pop itself)

emzben25

Postby emzben25 » Tue May 28, 2024 8:56 pm

kmandude92 wrote:
Relinquish wrote:
emzben25 wrote:That would be a lot of work for Funko! I wonder why they decided to have a Hall H panel one year and not last year.

I'm cool with not having a Hall H panel (we're planning on leaving Sunday morning so I can't extend my stay lol) but the Hall H stickers do have a cool look to them!

It's true that last year was a light year for Hall H with the strikes going on. Two days of Fundays will keep them busy. :) Though I would love to see more Hall H stickers.

Can't wait to see photos of the SDCC pops this year!

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Tue May 28, 2024 9:06 pm

DG_FunkPoppa wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
runtodere wrote:The one thing I don't like are when it's heavy glow but the pop is green because of it (or some other random color)

I agree. The glow has to make sense, like the Holographic glows that are blue for Star Wars characters. Really love those. Hopefully we get a Star Wars glow pop for SDCC this year.

A regular Vader Freddy and holographic one like Anakin last year would be insane!

Man, last year was so stressful - not sure I want there to be another one....

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Tue May 28, 2024 10:58 pm

Lupin1 wrote:
Rick_Morty46 wrote:
Greek187 wrote:

This would also be awesome, I really can’t wait for the movie.

Yeah I hope comiccon has some preview or panel for it.

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Tue May 28, 2024 11:13 pm

Toasted Uncle Owen/Aunt Beru 2-pack.

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Wed May 29, 2024 12:40 am

mattytreks wrote:Toasted Uncle Owen/Aunt Beru 2-pack.

Man toasted lol
Couples funatics!

KevinFromFinance

Postby KevinFromFinance » Wed May 29, 2024 1:49 am

mattytreks wrote:Toasted Uncle Owen/Aunt Beru 2-pack.

LOL, or massacred younglings
Last edited by KevinFromFinance on Wed May 29, 2024 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Pop!”