Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

SDCC wants

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
tonychen2121

Re: SDCC wants

Postby tonychen2121 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:28 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
snowsiren wrote:
Rick_Morty46 wrote:
Bring ear plugs, wondercon was pretty loud.

Seconded, because I've been to Fundays three times now and it is ALWAYS pretty loud! My friend had to leave really early last year because it was just so much to take in.

Still super fun! Just crazy loud, lots of flashing lights, *constant* screaming haha XD

If there will be more in attendances, it could mean a bigger star to appear. Either way Fundays will be a blast for those that attend.

Bigger venue? Will it mean more available tickets? Not sure how they will ever beat having Mark Hamill as a bigger star!!
Hi. I'm Tony!!
ISO: Flocked Tony the Tiger

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:03 am

tonychen2121 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
snowsiren wrote:Seconded, because I've been to Fundays three times now and it is ALWAYS pretty loud! My friend had to leave really early last year because it was just so much to take in.

Still super fun! Just crazy loud, lots of flashing lights, *constant* screaming haha XD

If there will be more in attendances, it could mean a bigger star to appear. Either way Fundays will be a blast for those that attend.

Bigger venue? Will it mean more available tickets? Not sure how they will ever beat having Mark Hamill as a bigger star!!

I'll take a Keanu Reeves =)

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:16 am

I’ve never been to fundays so I’m a little sadden that it’s going to be so huge, really wanted that small but fun event. That said, I know I would have an amazing time at the larger event! I’m truly hoping I get to go!
ImageImageImage

snowsiren

Postby snowsiren » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:41 am

tonychen2121 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
snowsiren wrote:Seconded, because I've been to Fundays three times now and it is ALWAYS pretty loud! My friend had to leave really early last year because it was just so much to take in.

Mark Hamill was wonderful! The story about his pop was really special.
Hi, my name is Amber! | Collecting since 2013 \:D/
Fundays 2015 | Freaky Tiki Fundays 2019 | Virtual Fundays Games 2020/2021 | Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022 | Camp Fundays 2023

ISO Protos (Doctor Who, Daenerys, Game of Thrones Dragons, HALO)

snowsiren

Postby snowsiren » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:41 am

Comicbookwriter wrote:I’ve never been to fundays so I’m a little sadden that it’s going to be so huge, really wanted that small but fun event. That said, I know I would have an amazing time at the larger event! I’m truly hoping I get to go!

I hope you get to go! I'm sure even at a larger venue it'll be lots of fun!
Hi, my name is Amber! | Collecting since 2013 \:D/
Fundays 2015 | Freaky Tiki Fundays 2019 | Virtual Fundays Games 2020/2021 | Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022 | Camp Fundays 2023

ISO Protos (Doctor Who, Daenerys, Game of Thrones Dragons, HALO)

fieldsy32

Postby fieldsy32 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:45 am

Is this the year we get an Indiana Jones?!
Eric, decently tall guy.

2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 Fundays
Funko HQ Grand Opening
2015, 2017, 2018, 2023 FDO
2022 Fright Night

inglip

Postby inglip » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:42 am

Comicbookwriter wrote:I’ve never been to fundays so I’m a little sadden that it’s going to be so huge, really wanted that small but fun event. That said, I know I would have an amazing time at the larger event! I’m truly hoping I get to go!

I've never been to a Fundays event neither, but I'm hoping that this year will be my first! A friend of mine was able to go to the Fright Night event at NYCC last year and she said it was a blast for everyone involved.
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:34 am

inglip wrote:

I've never been to a Fundays event neither, but I'm hoping that this year will be my first! A friend of mine was able to go to the Fright Night event at NYCC last year and she said it was a blast for everyone involved.

Every event of Funko's is a blast. Good luck with Fundays. This year is sure to be an incredible experience.

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:27 pm

Raypunz wrote:I hope with the bus tour reveal of a wobbler, we might get a couple other wobblers this year.

That would be fun!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:37 pm

Chingy wrote:
inglip wrote:

Every event of Funko's is a blast. Good luck with Fundays. This year is sure to be an incredible experience.

I want to be completely honest - NYCC Fright Night didn't have their catering organized that well and that really lowered the event for me. The entertainment was great, though.
Hi, I'm CY

spider-man_616

Postby spider-man_616 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:11 pm

Chingy wrote:
inglip wrote:

I heard NYCC fright night did have some flaws. Like the lack of seating and food. I also heard people had their protos stolen. Just some stuff I've read online. Hope that wasn't actually the case

spider-man_616

Postby spider-man_616 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:12 pm

tonychen2121 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

The venue for fundays this year is a bigger venue than previous years so hopefully more tickets

tonychen2121

Postby tonychen2121 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:46 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
tonychen2121 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

I'll take a Keanu Reeves =)

Hmmm. Not bad. I cant disagree with Keanu.
Hi. I'm Tony!!

tonychen2121

Postby tonychen2121 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:48 pm

spider-man_616 wrote:
tonychen2121 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

The venue for fundays this year is a bigger venue than previous years so hopefully more tickets

I am here wishing and hoping you’re right. Good luck to us all in getting tickets for fundays 2023!!
Hi. I'm Tony!!

Weho7SD

Postby Weho7SD » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:49 pm

I want more Horror!! I feel Horor never gets a lot of love unless at something like FN.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:50 pm

I’m right there with you all on Fundays. That’s my number one SDCC want. After that, get into the booth lol I’d love to see the rest of the TMNT with surfboards as well as April and Splinter in their Power Rangers outfits.
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

IG: @FreddyFunKoncept and @ronaldo_rey_

Image Image Image Image

bluesnote

Postby bluesnote » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:47 pm

I'm hoping for some decent star wars pops and maybe some Disney ones. I'm also hoping there are some actual LE numbered pops this year from the booth. It's been many years since there has been anything good.

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:44 pm

Honestly not sure what I'd want from SDCC at this point. But I'm always excited to see what new IP's we might get, like how we got Neon Genesis Evangelion (Asuka) in 2019 and Black Lightning in 2020.
she/they • ARMY | MOA

Tonka858

Postby Tonka858 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:33 am

Radys shell 10,000 people compared to the hotel of 1600, Tickets might last 2 mins

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:40 am

aprilyoufools wrote:Honestly not sure what I'd want from SDCC at this point. But I'm always excited to see what new IP's we might get, like how we got Neon Genesis Evangelion (Asuka) in 2019 and Black Lightning in 2020.

It does feel like we used to get random IPs out of nowhere. I'm a fan of it as well. The surprise of it kept me wondering what they would come out with next.

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:49 am

spider-man_616 wrote:
Chingy wrote:
inglip wrote:

I heard NYCC fright night did have some flaws. Like the lack of seating and food. I also heard people had their protos stolen. Just some stuff I've read online. Hope that wasn't actually the case

Wow that’s crazy!! I’m excited if I can go to fundays! I just put in my hotel request today! I got into the queue at 9:04 so I’m hoping I got a great hotel! Fingers crossed!!
ImageImageImage

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:15 am

aprilyoufools wrote:Honestly not sure what I'd want from SDCC at this point. But I'm always excited to see what new IP's we might get, like how we got Neon Genesis Evangelion (Asuka) in 2019 and Black Lightning in 2020.

I think last year’s was the TMNT x Power Ranger pops. The book was a lot of fun, but I really didn’t expect them to make pops. That was a nice surprise.
Hey, I’m Alan!

First Pop: Notorious BIG #18
Most Recent Addition: Bloody Invincible #1502
Con/Event Checklist: Anime Expo (1x) // Comic Con Palm Springs (1x) // Comic Con Revolution Ontario (4x) // Fundays 2017 // Funkon 2021 // Los Angeles Comic Con (3x) // San Diego Comic Con (7x) // WonderCon (1x)

Jmagic

Postby Jmagic » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:58 am

Suprises is always the best part. I'm just happy to have the opportunity to attend. Hoping for a good variety of licenses across the board and sodas :freddy2:
I Collect Stoof :albino:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:24 am

fieldsy32 wrote:Is this the year we get an Indiana Jones?!

For SDCC? They did one in 2016, I am looking at him right now on my bookshelf :)
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:37 am

rontonsoup wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
OffTheCHENG wrote:Same here! I had bought a Martian from Attack of the Martians for $60 and thought it was a lot. I'm so glad I made that purchase lol

That's a wise investment!

I wish I would’ve started with the Disney Store logos at the start

I won't say how many times I passed over those at our local Disney store, even a few at clearance!

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:45 am

I’m now hoping for one, maybe two SDCC Pops from the most recent episode of The Mandalorian. Both seem like excellent candidates for exclusives.
Hi! I’m Eric

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:50 am

spider-man_616 wrote:
Chingy wrote:
inglip wrote:

I went to Fright Night as well. While I didn't experience anything but sheer bliss, I understand the criticism. However, I think it's a bit unfair to place it on Funko's shoulders. There definitely was seating and food. The seating was just outside which not many people knew you were allowed out there, and the food issue seemed to stem more from from the convention staff not replenishing the trays. My husband and I had an incredible time.

SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE

Postby SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:51 am

I want an new Grand Admiral Thrawn from upcoming Ashoka series.
ImageImage

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:53 am

SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE wrote:I want an new Grand Admiral Thrawn from upcoming Ashoka series.

OOOOHHHH! I didn't even think about this one, but it seems like a real possibility. Good call!

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:14 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:I’m now hoping for one, maybe two SDCC Pops from the most recent episode of The Mandalorian. Both seem like excellent candidates for exclusives.

Would love to see one or two Mandalorian exclusives.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImageImage

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:48 am

SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE wrote:I want an new Grand Admiral Thrawn from upcoming Ashoka series.

That would be awesome, then to get it signed by Timothy Zahn at sdcc would be epic.

Straight2VHS

Postby Straight2VHS » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:54 am

Can we have too many Toucan variants?

spider-man_616

Postby spider-man_616 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:16 pm

Alanamaslama wrote:

I think last year’s was the TMNT x Power Ranger pops. The book was a lot of fun, but I really didn’t expect them to make pops. That was a nice surprise.

The anastasia pop was also a last min addition. Idk what IP that falls under, but it caught me by surprise

spider-man_616

Postby spider-man_616 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:19 pm

Comicbookwriter wrote:
spider-man_616 wrote:
Chingy wrote:

Wow that’s crazy!! I’m excited if I can go to fundays! I just put in my hotel request today! I got into the queue at 9:04 so I’m hoping I got a great hotel! Fingers crossed!!

Same. Can't wait for monday to come fast enough to know

spider-man_616

Postby spider-man_616 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:23 pm

Chingy wrote:
spider-man_616 wrote:
Chingy wrote:

I went to Fright Night as well. While I didn't experience anything but sheer bliss, I understand the criticism. However, I think it's a bit unfair to place it on Funko's shoulders. There definitely was seating and food. The seating was just outside which not many people knew you were allowed out there, and the food issue seemed to stem more from from the convention staff not replenishing the trays. My husband and I had an incredible time.

that's good to know that it wasn't a complete mess of a show like how some people were describing it. It was really hard to believe it was that bad when sdcc fundays was a good event

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:28 pm

Would love to see an Ashoka Funko soda?
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

polarbearsrule

Postby polarbearsrule » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:31 pm

Would love some new LOTR pops

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:55 pm

rexflexall wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
That's a wise investment!

I won't say how many times I passed over those at our local Disney store, even a few at clearance!

A lot of the ones I’ve bought has the clearance sticker on them lol
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

IG: @FreddyFunKoncept and @ronaldo_rey_

Image Image Image Image

randig

Postby randig » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:06 pm

rontonsoup wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:

A lot of the ones I’ve bought has the clearance sticker on them lol

The newest exclusive sticker
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

bitmap

Postby bitmap » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:48 pm

Straight2VHS wrote:Can we have too many Toucan variants?

i don't think there's such a thing as too many variants

Return to “Pop!”