Fundays 2023 Freddy Wishlist

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Ginzo1622

Re: Fundays 2023 Freddy Wishlist

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:59 am

JJLecaros wrote:if done right a Freddy groot might work.

A lot of Freddy if done right could work
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:34 am

JJLecaros wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:Luffy/zoro/sanji
tanjiro
kang
mandalorian of some kind
daredevil

Oh I dream of a DD Freddy Funko :tink:

right! and he's a red head already lol

Haha. Good Point
Image Image
ImageImage

Elviax

Postby Elviax » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:55 am

mongoose12 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:You know what would be sick? It would be sick if they did Freddy as the Darth Vader Hologram GITD.

I’d love to see a Vader Freddy but seeing how vaders mask is so key to the character, I think it’d be hard to pull off. Maybe a battle damage mask could work.

That would be sweet!
Hello! My name's David, nice to meet you!

Anime/Pokemon Collector

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:35 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:

Would be gangbusters LOL!

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:31 am

Dsho333 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:I will take any Freddy as long as I get a ticket to go and celebrate at the event! I am beyond excited for this year.

Good luck! Would it be your first fundays? Based on what they said, this year should be bigger so more opportunities for people to go.

Last year was my first after trying many times. I had so much fun! I am really looking forward to this year's new venue.

Justsonice25

Postby Justsonice25 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:00 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

Maybe for this years Box of fun, I can see that.
ImageImageImage

Justsonice25

Postby Justsonice25 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:05 pm

scullysdad wrote:I want Freddy as Joel from The Last of Us. If they don’t make new tv show Pops, they can use the game version.

Most likely a head swap. But hopefully if they do pull the trigger on that, it's a new mold with him holding a different weapon.
ImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:51 pm

PopElvi wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:You know what would be sick? It would be sick if they did Freddy as the Darth Vader Hologram GITD.

I’d love to see a Vader Freddy but seeing how vaders mask is so key to the character, I think it’d be hard to pull off. Maybe a battle damage mask could work.

That would be sweet!

A battle damaged Vader would be flame
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:52 pm

Justsonice25 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

I think with the new buff jock style of Groot , it would actually work well as a freddy lol (see new GOTG trailer for details)
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:53 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:I will take any Freddy as long as I get a ticket to go and celebrate at the event! I am beyond excited for this year.

Good luck! Would it be your first fundays? Based on what they said, this year should be bigger so more opportunities for people to go.

Last year was my first after trying many times. I had so much fun! I am really looking forward to this year's new venue.

Yeah the venue that they are hosting fundays at for this year is waaaay bigger then the hotel they’ve been doing it at
PopPChulo

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:38 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:

sure....

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:27 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Yeah the venue that they are hosting fundays at for this year is waaaay bigger then the hotel they’ve been doing it at

I have been going to SDCC for 9 or so years and this will be the first time checking out the venue where they are hosting. I am really excited more people have the chance to experience Fundays.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:53 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

I have been going to SDCC for 9 or so years and this will be the first time checking out the venue where they are hosting. I am really excited more people have the chance to experience Fundays.

9 years!! Wow. That’s impressive. =D> As far as the new venue, do you think weather would be a factor?
Image Image
ImageImage

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:36 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

9 years!! Wow. That’s impressive. =D> As far as the new venue, do you think weather would be a factor?

To my knowledge it is all out doors. But there are plenty of outdoor SDCC events and the weather is one of the best parts of being in San Diego. The Hall H line for Saturday normally wraps down around the island where the venue is, so that may cause some logistical nightmares for people who are not used to it or people lining up early for Fundays.

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:53 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

The weather is usually spectacular. Sometimes it's chilly or gloomy, but I don't believe there's ever been a year (at least not in the last decade) that the weather in July in San Diego would have prevented an outside event.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:23 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

To my knowledge it is all out doors. But there are plenty of outdoor SDCC events and the weather is one of the best parts of being in San Diego. The Hall H line for Saturday normally wraps down around the island where the venue is, so that may cause some logistical nightmares for people who are not used to it or people lining up early for Fundays.

I’m an early bird, so I’m good :freddy2:
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:24 am

Chingy wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

The weather is usually spectacular. Sometimes it's chilly or gloomy, but I don't believe there's ever been a year (at least not in the last decade) that the weather in July in San Diego would have prevented an outside event.

I’m mainly concerned about the rain if any.
Image Image
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:59 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Justsonice25 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

I think with the new buff jock style of Groot , it would actually work well as a freddy lol (see new GOTG trailer for details)

You know that Groot never goes out of style!

bitmap

Postby bitmap » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:17 pm

pipe dream, but Top Gun Maverick Freddy Funko!!

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:39 pm

bitmap wrote:pipe dream, but Top Gun Maverick Freddy Funko!!

They can't do any Tom Cruise pops but they could make a generic fighter pilot Freddy.

bitmap

Postby bitmap » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:40 pm

Dsho333 wrote:

They can't do any Tom Cruise pops but they could make a generic fighter pilot Freddy.

yea i know. which why i said pipe dream. but a fighter pilot freddy funko would be better than nothing.

Justsonice25

Postby Justsonice25 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:47 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

Please don't remind me. Last year I went to Fundays but also was "in line" for the Hall H wristband distribution, and i couldn't even stay at fundays and make trades because I was afraid of missing out on my wristband.
ImageImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:52 pm

bitmap wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

yea i know. which why i said pipe dream. but a fighter pilot freddy funko would be better than nothing.

Yeah kinda like the dumb and dumber ones they made in 2018. Just didn't have the license to call them Harry and Lloyd.

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:54 pm

Justsonice25 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Please don't remind me. Last year I went to Fundays but also was "in line" for the Hall H wristband distribution, and i couldn't even stay at fundays and make trades because I was afraid of missing out on my wristband.

Yeah, that was me last year as well. Luckily not big on trades and only missed a very very small portion of the event. I think I am still winded from running back to my line group. When I got there we didn't get wrist bands for another 45 minutes. But the stress of SDCC/Fundays is real but oh so totally worth it.

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:31 pm

Would love to see a Darth Vader Freddy!
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

Justsonice25

Postby Justsonice25 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:50 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
Justsonice25 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

Yeah, that was me last year as well. Luckily not big on trades and only missed a very very small portion of the event. I think I am still winded from running back to my line group. When I got there we didn't get wrist bands for another 45 minutes. But the stress of SDCC/Fundays is real but oh so totally worth it.

I'm so glad to hear I wasn't the only one running back. Yea, our line group wasn't that far from the hotel (thankfully) but yea, we waited another 30 mins or so before they came with the wristbands. I'm not looking forward to doing that again tbh. (Assuming I'm lucky enough to go to fundays again that is)
ImageImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:43 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
Justsonice25 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

I wouldn’t be able to do that. That’s too much.
Image Image
ImageImage

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:54 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Chingy wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I don't think it's ever rained during SDCC, has it?

Watch, now that this has been put into the universe, the first year Funko has an outdoor event, it's going to rain.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:01 pm

Chingy wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Chingy wrote:

Watch, now that this has been put into the universe, the first year Funko has an outdoor event, it's going to rain.

I said the same thing to myself when NJ hosted 2 WrestleManias and surprisingly the weather held up . :toothy4:
Image Image
ImageImage

bitmap

Postby bitmap » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:29 am

Chingy wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Chingy wrote:

it hasn't rained since i've been going since 2010. just because you said that, monsoon season in san diego incoming

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:02 am

Justsonice25 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Justsonice25 wrote:

I'm so glad to hear I wasn't the only one running back. Yea, our line group wasn't that far from the hotel (thankfully) but yea, we waited another 30 mins or so before they came with the wristbands. I'm not looking forward to doing that again tbh. (Assuming I'm lucky enough to go to fundays again that is)

To be able to experience both things, it is totally worth it. Just takes a bit of planning and moments of extreme stress haha.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:48 am

bitmap wrote:
Chingy wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

it hasn't rained since i've been going since 2010. just because you said that, monsoon season in san diego incoming

That would be funny and disappointing at the very same time. lol
Image Image
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:57 am

SDCC? Stress?? Nah way! LOLz

Sooooooo much stress

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:39 am

rexflexall wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Justsonice25 wrote:

Lol I think this new version that looks like he’s fresh off the varsity football team works hahaha when I seen him in the special on Disney I was confused like wait? Is that Super Saiyan Groot? Lol
PopPChulo

FunkoPDX

Postby FunkoPDX » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:07 pm

Would love a LOTR Freddy!
Legolas Freddy, Gimli Freddy, Freddy as a Hobbit.
Honestly happy with anything in that realm.
Cheers Funko Fam!
Funko Fanatic since 2014
Cons and Cosplay for life!
Videogame Funkos are my fave!

Justsonice25

Postby Justsonice25 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:35 pm

FunkoPDX wrote:Would love a LOTR Freddy!
Legolas Freddy, Gimli Freddy, Freddy as a Hobbit.
Honestly happy with anything in that realm.

That would be awesome!
ImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:18 am

I would love to see some Disney Freddy's. This is Disney 100 year. They did have a whole Disney 100 line. I think it would be so awesome to see some Freddy cosplay as Disney characters.
Collecting since 2014

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:53 am

nascar246788 wrote:I would love to see some Disney Freddy's. This is Disney 100 year. They did have a whole Disney 100 line. I think it would be so awesome to see some Freddy cosplay as Disney characters.

Oh that totally make sense
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:08 am

PopPChulo wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Lol I think this new version that looks like he’s fresh off the varsity football team works hahaha when I seen him in the special on Disney I was confused like wait? Is that Super Saiyan Groot? Lol

Yah it was a trip LOL!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:59 pm

rexflexall wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

Yah it was a trip LOL!

It was hilarious because they gave no context in true GOTG fashion. I’d like buff groot but the more likely candidate given the whole line that baby groot just recieved; would be a Freddy Baby Groot
PopPChulo

Return to “Pop!”