Disney World's 50th Pops and Pop Rides!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
S_E_R_G_I_O

Re: Disney World's 50th Pops and Pop Rides!

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:03 am

I want that gold mickey!
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:08 am

rexflexall wrote:
digithor wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Might be a hefty price increase considering all this inflation going on!

So if they make a smaller one then we can see deflation? lol

Minis would probably be inflated in price still too LOL!

Inflation is hitting everything, so we can still see the price difference as inflation should be same for all the different funko lines.
Collecting since 2014

yasowat

Postby yasowat » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:21 pm

S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:I want that gold mickey!

He’s a beautiful pop indeed. I would have loved if he was a standalone pop, not that I dislike the castle but its just so big.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:04 pm

digithor wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
digithor wrote:
Speaking of minis, what if they did mini moments from around the park?

That would be the perfect opportunity to do the Carrousel of Progress. That’s if there’s anyone actually interested in that. lol

Even though I have never seen that in person, I would still be interested.

It’s probably the most boring attraction in Tomorrowland, but for some reason I have nostalgia for it
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:08 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
digithor wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
That would be the perfect opportunity to do the Carrousel of Progress. That’s if there’s anyone actually interested in that. lol

It’s probably the most boring attraction in Tomorrowland, but for some reason I have nostalgia for it

First ride you were on? Those can sometimes do it, or the memories of items that tie into your younger days.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:05 am

digithor wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
digithor wrote:

First ride you were on? Those can sometimes do it, or the memories of items that tie into your younger days.

More like the oldest ride I remember that’s still at Disney World Magic Kingdom lol
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:55 am

nascar246788 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
digithor wrote:
So if they make a smaller one then we can see deflation? lol

Minis would probably be inflated in price still too LOL!

Inflation is hitting everything, so we can still see the price difference as inflation should be same for all the different funko lines.

Mini prices won't be so mini anymore!

BatLita

Postby BatLita » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:27 am

Shalee04 wrote:
BatLita wrote:I'm really liking them so far - the Mickey with Castle especially is nice looking, even with the wrong castle.
Only trouble is they are very large to display

I am out of room for displaying larger items. And the wrong castle mistake bothers this collector of all things Cinderella.

I get that - I do like the white/gold design. Hopefully, they correct this for you
FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
FUNDAYS 2022
SDCC 2022
NYCC 2022
NYCC 2019
ECCC 2019
NYCC 2018
NYCC 2017
NYCC 2016
NYCC 2015

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:59 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
digithor wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

More like the oldest ride I remember that’s still at Disney World Magic Kingdom lol

It feels like a lot of what Walt represents for me since it was his World's Fair project, and honestly 30 minutes of air conditioning and a break from the Florida heat is worth its weight in gold! lol
Image Image ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:55 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
digithor wrote:

It feels like a lot of what Walt represents for me since it was his World's Fair project, and honestly 30 minutes of air conditioning and a break from the Florida heat is worth its weight in gold! lol

That's exactly how I felt one day at disneyland, that AC is nice on the longer rides.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:07 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
digithor wrote:

That’s a very fair point!

Poncho Pete
HoF 2014 & CotY
HoF 2014 & CotY

Postby Poncho Pete » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:26 am

If they ever axed caurosel of progress, I would be ok, we still have small world repping the worlds fair. It is a nice blast of AC though.
Got Pixie Dust?

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:11 pm

Poncho Pete wrote:If they ever axed caurosel of progress, I would be ok, we still have small world repping the worlds fair. It is a nice blast of AC though.

I think there is still real estate in Tomorrowland left that wouldn't require getting rid of it for a long time. They still haven't replaced Stitchs Great Escape/ExtraTERRORestrial Adventure. Also Tomorrowland Speedway needs an overhaul at minimum but I'd rather see that gone than Carousel. Also I'd hate to see it go because it one of my favorites, but the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor just seems more likely to get the axe. I'm happy it reopened after covid, there for a while I was sure it wasn't coming back.
Image Image ImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:13 pm

digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

That's exactly how I felt one day at disneyland, that AC is nice on the longer rides.

Yeah we are WDW locals and anytime I take visiting friends to the park I plan at least one or two shows during the hot months more for the AC than the entertainment lol
Image Image ImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:27 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:It feels like a lot of what Walt represents for me since it was his World's Fair project, and honestly 30 minutes of air conditioning and a break from the Florida heat is worth its weight in gold! lol

Yeah we are WDW locals and anytime I take visiting friends to the park I plan at least one or two shows during the hot months more for the AC than the entertainment lol

Usually the shortest of lines too lol

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:13 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:

Usually the shortest of lines too lol

Absolutely! Can't beat a 5 minute wait for something.
Image Image ImageImage

Jaxnole07

Postby Jaxnole07 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:31 pm

Haven’t been on CoP in a LOOONNNGGG time. Might have to jump on it when I go sometime this year.

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:50 pm

Just received the Amazon exclusive Space Mountaina! It's so cute in person, now can we get Thunder and Splash?
Image Image ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:45 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:Just received the Amazon exclusive Space Mountaina! It's so cute in person, now can we get Thunder and Splash?

I can't wait to get mine. It looks so cool in the glam shots for sure.
Collecting since 2014

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:23 am

nascar246788 wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Just received the Amazon exclusive Space Mountaina! It's so cute in person, now can we get Thunder and Splash?

It's actually a bit smaller than I had imagined, but in a way I think that's good because the box is already pretty big lol
Image Image ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:43 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

It's actually a bit smaller than I had imagined, but in a way I think that's good because the box is already pretty big lol

Thats good. It looked smaller in the glam shot, which is what I was hoping for. Space is becoming an issue so trying to avoid big pops. B
Collecting since 2014

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:56 pm

Indeed, Space Mountain Mickey combo is good.
:freddy1:

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:59 pm

Awesome!
I'm still waiting on mine. I can't wait to see it.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:30 pm

StarWarner wrote:

Awesome!
Mario Wario wrote:

nascar246788 wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

Thats good. It looked smaller in the glam shot, which is what I was hoping for. Space is becoming an issue so trying to avoid big pops. B

I think the size is perfect although the scale with the Castle is a bit off which makes me hesitate to display them OOB which was my first instinct. Gonna have to see how much it bothers me once I finally get around to re-organizing my Disney stuff. It comes in faster than I can put it away sometimes lol
Image Image ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:13 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
StarWarner wrote:

Awesome!
Mario Wario wrote:

nascar246788 wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:It's actually a bit smaller than I had imagined, but in a way I think that's good because the box is already pretty big lol

I think the size is perfect although the scale with the Castle is a bit off which makes me hesitate to display them OOB which was my first instinct. Gonna have to see how much it bothers me once I finally get around to re-organizing my Disney stuff. It comes in faster than I can put it away sometimes lol

I know the feeling it comes I faster then u can put them away. I feel that is a battle all of us collectors fight all the time.
Collecting since 2014

BatLita

Postby BatLita » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:14 pm

I'm liking the 50th Pops a Lot - I wish I had space to display them all - they look great!
FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
FUNDAYS 2022
SDCC 2022
NYCC 2022
NYCC 2019
ECCC 2019
NYCC 2018
NYCC 2017
NYCC 2016
NYCC 2015

deetran24

Postby deetran24 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:50 pm

BatLita wrote:I'm liking the 50th Pops a Lot - I wish I had space to display them all - they look great!

Space is definitely an issue here too lol
Lakers|Pops|Lakers :freddy3:
Fundays: 2018|2019
Favorite Sets: The Office|F.R.I.E.N.D.S.|Saved By The Bell|GOT|

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:08 pm

I got my Space Mountain & Mickey over the weekend, great set! The details on Space Mountain are really nice and sharp. I am a sucker for Astronaut Mickey and the set looks great with the Space Mountain Mickey Pop Ride.

I also love that it's the Magic Kingdom version and not Disneyland. Now if we can just get a Magic Kingdom edition of the Haunted Mansion... :mickey2:
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:38 pm

mohawkjones wrote:I got my Space Mountain & Mickey over the weekend, great set! The details on Space Mountain are really nice and sharp. I am a sucker for Astronaut Mickey and the set looks great with the Space Mountain Mickey Pop Ride.

I also love that it's the Magic Kingdom version and not Disneyland. Now if we can just get a Magic Kingdom edition of the Haunted Mansion... :mickey2:

Yessss! I was thinking the same thing, the buildings are so different, and maybe the pop with it could be the grave diggers dog? Although he may look too similar to the pirates dog.
Image Image ImageImage

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:49 pm

My Mickey and Space Mountain arrived today. It looks great! My nephew is a lead and trainer at Space Mountain, so this one is near and dear to my heart.
ImageImage

ISO:
Maleficent Protos

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:31 pm

deetran24 wrote:
BatLita wrote:I'm liking the 50th Pops a Lot - I wish I had space to display them all - they look great!

Space is definitely an issue here too lol

I see it as…having fun. Lol
:freddy1:

LucyAnn

Postby LucyAnn » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:12 pm

Need Toad Ride

LucyAnn

Postby LucyAnn » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:57 pm

Need some that have songs or music

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:54 pm

StarWarner wrote:My Mickey and Space Mountain arrived today. It looks great! My nephew is a lead and trainer at Space Mountain, so this one is near and dear to my heart.

I love this pop. I am loving all these pop rides of the rides at disneyland and Disneyworld.
Collecting since 2014

mnkykng77

Postby mnkykng77 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:43 pm

Wish they did like a 4-pack of the Country Bears.
Image Image

Popsaysyee

Postby Popsaysyee » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:50 pm

StarWarner wrote:My Mickey and Space Mountain arrived today. It looks great! My nephew is a lead and trainer at Space Mountain, so this one is near and dear to my heart.

Tiffany!!! its been a while!! hope you are well! Mickey in Space Mountain rocket is such an amazing mold! I really do like this one!
Jayson

ImageImageImage

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:23 pm

Popsaysyee wrote:

Tiffany!!! its been a while!! hope you are well! Mickey in Space Mountain rocket is such an amazing mold! I really do like this one!

Hi! :D Doing pretty well. Hope you're well.

I think the Space Mountain Mickey may be my favorite Pop they made for the 50th.
ImageImage

ISO:
Maleficent Protos

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:47 pm

Popsaysyee wrote:

Do u like the mickey in rocket better then the one where he is standing outside of it?
Collecting since 2014

Popsaysyee

Postby Popsaysyee » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:14 am

nascar246788 wrote:
Popsaysyee wrote:

Do u like the mickey in rocket better then the one where he is standing outside of it?

Mickey in rocket for sure. then again i have a thing for Pop Rides with pops in them like they’re actually on the ride, it’s a nostalgia thing haha
Jayson

ImageImageImage

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:36 am

Heading to disney world in september, might have to keep an eye out for some of these.

Return to “Pop!”