Not a pop (yet) but done by Funko top 10 list

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Not a pop (yet) but done by Funko top 10 list

Postby BigM » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:34 pm

Funko has had lots and lots and lots of licenses over its 20+ year history spanning dozens of lines. Almost every character that has been made by Funko has been turned into a pop. This list will show off 10 characters that have not gotten the pop treatment yet as of this writing.

Please note that I am not including the reaction line which was a collaboration with Super 7 and the timeline of when the partnership ended is unclear (plus most if not all of all of them have been made into pop now). I am also excluding Funko original characters since I could make an entire list based off Spastik Plastik alone. Certain variants of characters aren’t included such as Yellow Lantern Sinestro since there is a Sinestro pop already. PEZ referenced are the wacky wobbler pez, not pops.

List is of course subject to change as potential leaks could come true (although, look at the McDonalds pops being “leaked” multiple times over the years).

10. Fantastic Mr Fox

One of the most surprising characters that has not been made into pop is from the Wes Anderson film of the same name. Brian loves this movie and even once joked in an interview that they lost money on this line but wanted it. To be fair, I would do the same thing. Other characters were made as as Legacy figures but none have been made into pop.

Spoiler: show

9. The Fly

Maybe they’ll do a remake of this movie (again) and we’ll get a pop of it. First made as a Wacky Wobbler and even as a PEZ with an ultra rare variant and then showed up in the second series of horror mystery minis.

8. Pink Panther

Once again, Wacky Wobbler and PEZ but not a pop. This is bound to happen eventually.

7. Barack Obama

Funko has only done a handful of politicians and most of them have made been in the last 2 years. In 2016 we got the big 3 presidential nominees and before that we got Wobblers of Obama, Lincoln and Sarah Palin!? Even a “Super Obama” was done as a wobbler and a Nodnik. Maybe it could happen if Funko does continue to make more presidents.

6. Donnie Darko

This is one of the most shocking imo. These are the ONLY single Dorbz characters that have not been made into pop out of the 700+ made. The only other one is Einstein who is in the Dorbz ride. Most character variants are made and some rides are missing but the characters in them are pops.

5. Jim Morrison

The “rock” line has been expanding a lot over the last few years and has covered musicians that were done in other forms such as Bob Marley, Biggie, Kiss and Elvis among others. One that hasn’t gotten to pop is The Doors singer. Done as a Funko Force and Wacky Wobbler.

4. Young Frankenstein

The classic Mel Brooks film! Featuring Igor, Dr Frankenstein and the Monster. Only done as Vinyl Idolz.

3. Alf

Not sure why this hasn’t happened. Not the most popular character ever but recognizable to many.

2. The King

Seriously!? Done as a Wacky Wobbler and Funko Force with chases! Looks like Ronald did beat him out.

1. Seinfeld. COMING SOON

Not sure what the situation is with this one is. I’ve heard Jerry doesn’t like his image portrayed as toys but I really don’t know. Done as a Vinyl Idolz set, with notable characters such as Jerry and Elaine missing, it’s the only time Funko has done them as of now...

Last edited by BigM on Tue May 18, 2021 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

Mr Yac

Re: Not a pop (yet) but done by Funko list

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:45 pm

of this list i'd love a Mr. Fox set and i have been asking for ALF for a long time.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:50 pm

Bruh, so many shockers on that list. Donnie Darko is definitely the must "WHAT????" one they haven't done. It would sell so well, its my boss's favorite movie so I know they'd buy them all lol The chase Frank was a chase I found at Funko HQ one week after their launch. So many good memories of that. I wish I could go back then lol The opening time line was like 4 people. But now I'm just being nostalgic lol
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

mactds

Postby mactds » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:46 pm

This is a great thread. Slowly, but surely a lot of the ad icon wobblers became pops, so I'm hoping it's a matter of time.

From your list, hoping for Pink Panther the most. Interested to see what other ones people can think of.

How about the Dick Tracy wobbler, he would make a great pop!
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:04 pm

Thank you and love this thread, Mickey!

Actually, I was thinking about Mr. Fantastic Fox and why it doesn't have any Pop! made yet a few days ago (since I am thinking of monthly quiz night questions for our local Funko group here in the Philippines.)

Will definitely update this once I have something. :)
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:13 pm

Love the thread and love the suggestions. Obama and Donnie Darko are my favorites listed!

He-Mann

Postby He-Mann » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:12 pm

Alf, the fly and pink panther would be my top 3.
ImageImageImageImage

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:51 pm

I would love to see a burger king pop.
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:24 pm

I have been wanting Donnie darko pops for a long time. I do have the dorbz at least.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:07 pm

AleX-Men wrote:I would love to see a burger king pop.

I was thinking if McDonald’s never got done this would be on deck. Could still be the plan in the future

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:38 pm

ALF and pretty much any character from Mel Brooks movies would be an instant buy for me.
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

fbingha

Re: Not a pop (yet) but done by Funko top 10 list

Postby fbingha » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:49 pm

A few years back Brian posted that Fantastic Mr. Fox Pops were coming... Still waiting years later.

Always waiting for more pops from ANY Wes Anderson movie. We only have three pops, one rock candy, and six vynl.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:26 pm

mongoose12 wrote:

I was thinking if McDonald’s never got done this would be on deck. Could still be the plan in the future

Yeah definitely for sure.
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:52 pm

fbingha wrote:A few years back Brian posted that Fantastic Mr. Fox Pops were coming... Still waiting years later.

Always waiting for more pops from ANY Wes Anderson movie. We only have three pops, one rock candy, and six vynl.

I think with Fantastic Mr. Fox that probably needs to be re-negotiated ever since the Disney Fox buyout.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:45 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

Yeah definitely for sure.

Purple chase would look nice. :brilsmurf:
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:17 am

MacKazoo wrote:
fbingha wrote:A few years back Brian posted that Fantastic Mr. Fox Pops were coming... Still waiting years later.

I think with Fantastic Mr. Fox that probably needs to be re-negotiated ever since the Disney Fox buyout.

This was at least 2 -3 years before the merger. Another property Brian mention that never came to fruition, that belongs on that list is Reservoir Dogs. It has the perfect style for Pop.

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Tue May 18, 2021 2:39 am

I have the Donnie dark dorbz and have been waiting such a long time for pops of the movie. I wonder why they were never made.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:13 am

Universal_ghost wrote:I have the Donnie dark dorbz and have been waiting such a long time for pops of the movie. I wonder why they were never made.

Probably licensing or demand
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

capnchulo

Postby capnchulo » Tue May 18, 2021 10:11 am

I love the horror lines, so give me the Fly and Donnie Darko (sort of horror). I did a concept of the Fly a while back, when he is vomiting, that would make an awesome action pose.
ImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue May 18, 2021 10:35 am

I definitely agree with the King. I have stopped buying Ad Icons for the most part due to space concerns, but I would get him for sure.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue May 18, 2021 10:40 am

Surprised Donnie Darko didn't get finished!

post31

Postby post31 » Tue May 18, 2021 4:28 pm

The Fly, President Obama and ALF would be my top 3 though that whole list has some straight necessities for sure.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed May 19, 2021 12:06 pm

I was hoping for ALF to be real, and real soon!

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Sat May 22, 2021 7:47 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Universal_ghost wrote:I have the Donnie dark dorbz and have been waiting such a long time for pops of the movie. I wonder why they were never made.

Probably licensing or y
Yeah more than likely

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sat May 22, 2021 5:18 pm

That Mr Fox movie was very bad the first time we watched it but got better and better. I know it has a cult following so I’m surprised it didn’t get Pops yet.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sat May 22, 2021 7:47 pm

I want to add the McKenzie Brothers from SCTV and Strange Brew to the list. They have a VNYL two pack (which I have, my only VYNL set) but no Pops, and I would love to add them to the collection.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Mon May 24, 2021 12:14 am

Obama, Pink Panther and Alf are definitely my want list. Hopefully these are made. [-o< [-o< [-o<
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon May 24, 2021 1:41 am

scullysdad wrote:I want to add the McKenzie Brothers from SCTV and Strange Brew to the list. They have a VNYL two pack (which I have, my only VYNL set) but no Pops, and I would love to add them to the collection.

Yeah those would be great to see finally done as pops.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Mon May 24, 2021 2:05 am

I specifically didn't buy the Donnie Darko dorbz set because I knew I'd want the pops more. My mistake obviously!
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon May 24, 2021 11:13 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Obama, Pink Panther and Alf are definitely my want list. Hopefully these are made. [-o< [-o< [-o<

I'm all for an ALF!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon May 24, 2021 12:42 pm

BigM wrote:Funko has had lots and lots and lots of licenses over its 20+ year history spanning dozens of lines. Almost every character that has been made by Funko has been turned into a pop. This list will show off 10 characters that have not gotten the pop treatment yet as of this writing.

Please note that I am not including the reaction line which was a collaboration with Super 7 and the timeline of when the partnership ended is unclear (plus most if not all of all of them have been made into pop now). I am also excluding Funko original characters since I could make an entire list based off Spastik Plastik alone. Certain variants of characters aren’t included such as Yellow Lantern Sinestro since there is a Sinestro pop already. PEZ referenced are the wacky wobbler pez, not pops.

List is of course subject to change as potential leaks could come true (although, look at the McDonalds pops being “leaked” multiple times over the years).

10. Fantastic Mr Fox

One of the most surprising characters that has not been made into pop is from the Wes Anderson film of the same name. Brian loves this movie and even once joked in an interview that they lost money on this line but wanted it. To be fair, I would do the same thing. Other characters were made as as Legacy figures but none have been made into pop.

9. The Fly

Maybe they’ll do a remake of this movie (again) and we’ll get a pop of it. First made as a Wacky Wobbler and even as a PEZ with an ultra rare variant and then showed up in the second series of horror mystery minis.

8. Pink Panther

Once again, Wacky Wobbler and PEZ but not a pop. This is bound to happen eventually.

7. Barack Obama

Funko has only done a handful of politicians and most of them have made been in the last 2 years. In 2016 we got the big 3 presidential nominees and before that we got Wobblers of Obama, Lincoln and Sarah Palin!? Even a “Super Obama” was done as a wobbler and a Nodnik. Maybe it could happen if Funko does continue to make more presidents.

6. Donnie Darko

This is one of the most shocking imo. These are the ONLY single Dorbz characters that have not been made into pop out of the 700+ made. The only other one is Einstein who is in the Dorbz ride. Most character variants are made and some rides are missing but the characters in them are pops.

5. Jim Morrison

The “rock” line has been expanding a lot over the last few years and has covered musicians that were done in other forms such as Bob Marley, Biggie, Kiss and Elvis among others. One that hasn’t gotten to pop is The Doors singer. Done as a Funko Force and Wacky Wobbler.

4. Young Frankenstein

The classic Mel Brooks film! Featuring Igor, Dr Frankenstein and the Monster. Only done as Vinyl Idolz.

3. Alf

Not sure why this hasn’t happened. Not the most popular character ever but recognizable to many.

2. The King

Seriously!? Done as a Wacky Wobbler and Funko Force with chases! Looks like Ronald did beat him out.

1. Seinfeld. COMING SOON

Not sure what the situation is with this one is. I’ve heard Jerry doesn’t like his image portrayed as toys but I really don’t know. Done as a Vinyl Idolz set, with notable characters such as Jerry and Elaine missing, it’s the only time Funko has done them as of now...

Pink Panther is still one of my dreams to see in a Funko Pop (flocked). If they do make him please do not make him itch crazy like if I touch it (LOL). Alf I've seen on so many list so I'm shocked we haven't gotten him yet. Mr Fox would be cool. Great list BigM. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Pop!”