Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
dorbz
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 3:01 am
Location: Berlin

Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby dorbz » Sun May 02, 2021 3:51 am

Anyone dealt with amma77777 before? The Pop in their current listing (auction: 164837606908) looks legit and people are bidding above 500$ right now.

They seem to have sold the same, rare Pop before (auction: 164759581379) and before that (auction: 164717021864).

What do you think?

If the photos they have show the real Pop it´s not distinguishable from the authentic one. They may even be the same Chinese manufacturer of the real one making big dollar on these compared to what Funko paid them. :-k

User avatar
Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM
Posts: 6132
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby Geescube » Sun May 02, 2021 5:15 am

Amma is a known “proto” scrapper seller. That alone would lead me to avoid listings for any and all items.
#LongLiveKingstache
Image

User avatar
renardchua
Posts: 3124
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 am
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contact:

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby renardchua » Sun May 02, 2021 8:16 am

Avoid at all costs.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM
Posts: 5238
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Location: The Bluegrass State
Contact:

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby BigM » Sun May 02, 2021 8:59 am

:violent3:

This this what you should do with stuff from amma77777
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17
Image

User avatar
mongoose12
Posts: 10023
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby mongoose12 » Sun May 02, 2021 9:27 am

Stay away, very far away.
"i need more merch..." - unknown :eek:

User avatar
DrunkoPop
Posts: 2992
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 4:23 pm
Location: Queens,NY
Contact:

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun May 02, 2021 6:06 pm

Geescube wrote:Amma is a known “proto” scrapper seller. That alone would lead me to avoid listings for any and all items.


Good Point!
Image Image
Image

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 2496
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby kihou » Mon May 03, 2021 11:23 am

Yeah as others have said, definitely avoid. If they are known to sell fakes, I would have a hard time believing anything they sell is real.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives), War Machine (Common case)

engu001
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:50 am

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby engu001 » Mon May 03, 2021 11:27 am

FAKE!

User avatar
Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Posts: 3707
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:12 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO - More City, Less Kansas

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby Squird » Mon May 03, 2021 11:30 am

dorbz wrote:Anyone dealt with amma77777 before? The Pop in their current listing (auction: 164837606908) looks legit and people are bidding above 500$ right now.

They seem to have sold the same, rare Pop before (auction: 164759581379) and before that (auction: 164717021864).

What do you think?

If the photos they have show the real Pop it´s not distinguishable from the authentic one. They may even be the same Chinese manufacturer of the real one making big dollar on these compared to what Funko paid them. :-k


Amma is known for selling scrap and items of dubious origins.

Also, people don't seem to care since they're still in business.
Funklub: 11181

Image

User avatar
CaseyJones14
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY
Posts: 8959
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 12:32 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon May 03, 2021 11:35 am

Amma is the king of all scrappers. He's the absolute worst.
Image
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

User avatar
mongoose12
Posts: 10023
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby mongoose12 » Mon May 03, 2021 11:53 am

Squird wrote:
dorbz wrote:Anyone dealt with amma77777 before? The Pop in their current listing (auction: 164837606908) looks legit and people are bidding above 500$ right now.

They seem to have sold the same, rare Pop before (auction: 164759581379) and before that (auction: 164717021864).

What do you think?

If the photos they have show the real Pop it´s not distinguishable from the authentic one. They may even be the same Chinese manufacturer of the real one making big dollar on these compared to what Funko paid them. :-k


Amma is known for selling scrap and items of dubious origins.

Also, people don't seem to care since they're still in business.


i still marvel at the amount of business amma does...its either uneducated collectors or ppl who just don't care about the origins of the item. :-k
"i need more merch..." - unknown :eek:

User avatar
randig
Posts: 1290
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby randig » Mon May 03, 2021 11:53 am

When in doubt, no!
ImageImage

User avatar
Chernabog
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:53 pm

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby Chernabog » Mon May 03, 2021 2:42 pm

Like others have said stay away

User avatar
Fugly16
Posts: 1896
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby Fugly16 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:36 pm

That is a hard pass.
Hi, I'm Vinh!
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/fugly16

ImageImageImageImageImage

dorbz
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 3:01 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby dorbz » Tue May 04, 2021 8:39 am

Sold for 535$. Chances are the same Pop will appear from a US seller for 1k+ soon.

I wonder if the Pop in question is legit (old stock from the manufacturer) or a fake. The photos look like the real thing but amma77777 seems to be using the same set of photos repeatedly.

User avatar
rexflexall
Posts: 7025
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Contact:

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby rexflexall » Tue May 04, 2021 11:04 am

Pretty sure I read in the past this seller does scrappers. Be wary!

User avatar
Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Posts: 3707
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:12 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO - More City, Less Kansas

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby Squird » Tue May 04, 2021 12:44 pm

dorbz wrote:Sold for 535$. Chances are the same Pop will appear from a US seller for 1k+ soon.

I wonder if the Pop in question is legit (old stock from the manufacturer) or a fake. The photos look like the real thing but amma77777 seems to be using the same set of photos repeatedly.


Nope. Amma will list another one first. If not more.
Funklub: 11181

Image

User avatar
jagpop
Posts: 2108
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:24 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby jagpop » Tue May 04, 2021 12:49 pm

Proceed with caution.
Image

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

User avatar
Tusken
Posts: 5667
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Rare Chases from China... is this one legit?

Postby Tusken » Tue May 11, 2021 11:40 am

Hard pass...run away! If your gut tells you it is fake then it's probably a fake. :freddy3:
Top Fan Badge Holder of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz :freddy3:

Image Image Image Image
Image
Image


Return to “Pop!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: scullysdad