Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
digithor

Re: Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Postby digithor » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:09 am

Dsho333 wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

So I have a question, if you buy this do you get the redemption coin or did the person already redeem it?

Anything that has a redeemable must be in your wax account before the date the coin is awarded, only the person who owns it at that time gets the coin and the coin then becomes what you need to trade for your physical item. Hope this helps :freddy2:

Thanks

You can always still buy the coin on the market place, until the turn in time that is.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:20 pm

When is the next drop? I'm already having withdrawals... lol

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:22 pm

jagpop wrote:When is the next drop? I'm already having withdrawals... lol

Probably mid to late January

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:27 pm

Dsho333 wrote:

Horror, Marvel, MOTU? Please and Thank you!!

Black light Beavis and Butthead?

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:30 pm

FredKruger wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Since Bob Ross was a bust you'd think they would want to put up a really big license to get people excited again.

My guess is we'll get our first anime set for the next drop like DBZ or My Hero Academia.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:37 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Since Bob Ross was a bust you'd think they would want to put up a really big license to get people excited again.

My guess is we'll get our first anime set for the next drop like DBZ or My Hero Academia.

Now that would get people Cahrazy again. I cant even imagine the hype for anime. Thank goodness it wouldnt be a must have for me if they did. Now Marvel on the other hand, id be in major trouble.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:21 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Yea. Prob something without a cancel culture vibe would be preferred. Bob set was def a good one, but many dislike his work I guess. Although love how it was handled with the unsold packs. That redeemed the whole set IMO.

I'd def skip anime set, so hoping it isn't that. Anything but that lol. I hope it's a good one, all sets have been decent so far.

Holding out Hope for MOTU so I can buy 40 packs.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:47 pm

FredKruger wrote:
Yea. Prob something without a cancel culture vibe would be preferred. Bob set was def a good one, but many dislike his work I guess. Although love how it was handled with the unsold packs. That redeemed the whole set IMO.

I'd def skip anime set, so hoping it isn't that. Anything but that lol. I hope it's a good one, all sets have been decent so far.

The Bob Ross cancel culture is because his family gets zero royalties from his image, the family has tried to get it back but they won't give it to them, so people don't like supporting companies that use his image. There is a documentary about it if you want more info.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:24 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

The Bob Ross cancel culture is because his family gets zero royalties from his image, the family has tried to get it back but they won't give it to them, so people don't like supporting companies that use his image. There is a documentary about it if you want more info.

Sigh, im aware of it, just leaves out 50% of the info, key details. Bob signed a contract. Contracts are legal. Don't sign a contract if you dont read it. There is a South Park about it called HumanCentipad if you want more info. There was a court case, a judge ruled. That's how system works, is it perfect? No, but many worse rulings than that one.

His family took a settlement as well. There are plenty of real things to be outraged about, this isn't one of them. No one has cared for last 26 years about the legal ruling, why now, a doc? Bob wanted people to experience the love of painting, not fade into obscurity.

But that's not what this thread about, this about Funko NFT.

MOTU NFT's let's go!

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:42 pm

FredKruger wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

Sigh, im aware of it, just leaves out 50% of the info, key details. Bob signed a contract. Contracts are legal. Don't sign a contract if you dont read it. There is a South Park about it called HumanCentipad if you want more info. There was a court case, a judge ruled. That's how system works, is it perfect? No, but many worse rulings than that one.

His family took a settlement as well. There are plenty of real things to be outraged about, this isn't one of them. No one has cared for last 26 years about the legal ruling, why now, a doc? Bob wanted people to experience the love of painting, not fade into obscurity.

But that's not what this thread about, this about Funko NFT.

MOTU NFT's let's go!

I haven't watched the documentary but I agree. I would like motu cause then I wouldn't have to bug any haha, I hope they do more lines I don't want cause I don't wanna buy more since it takes forever to get them haha

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:24 pm

digithor wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Anything that has a redeemable must be in your wax account before the date the coin is awarded, only the person who owns it at that time gets the coin and the coin then becomes what you need to trade for your physical item. Hope this helps :freddy2:

Thanks

You can always still buy the coin on the market place, until the turn in time that is.

Yup also true! Gotta love NFT redeemable hahaha never thought I'd be discussing crypto so much lol
Image Image ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:28 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:Thanks

Yup also true! Gotta love NFT redeemable hahaha never thought I'd be discussing crypto so much lol

I still check the coins up to redemption time just in case there is a deal.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:39 pm

digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:

Agreed! The Big Boy ones actually aren't too bad right now....
Image Image ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:49 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Yup also true! Gotta love NFT redeemable hahaha never thought I'd be discussing crypto so much lol

Oh wow you are correct, I just went and had a look again. Hrmm now that's tempting.
ImageImageImageImage

popaholic_anonymous

Postby popaholic_anonymous » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:33 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:
Definitely. I was thinking about grabbing it, but at the new increased price, I figured, just get the set. Which is also going up a little.

I’d wait until people get the redemption :cheers: tokens - if it’s like TMNT the prices should drop a decent amount.

Now that the TMNT redemption is officially complete what would you say we learned from it?

I think you make a good point in that the prices dropped for the redeemables once the tokens released.

But I recommend not waiting until the last redemption day to purchase tokens because prices went up at the end….I, like many others, assumed prices would drop. Sellers did not feel the need to slash prices. It cost me an arm and leg but I was able to grab the redeemable TMNT set in time lol :cheers:

popaholic_anonymous

Postby popaholic_anonymous » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:54 am

After redeeming my TMNT tokens I must say I’m very excited and extremely curious to see what the physical Leonard Grail will look like. I feel like it can go either way. On the the bad end it could look like The Predator Hound (Heat Vision) lol or what think is much cooler would look like the hat on Marty Mcfly in Future Outfit.

What are your thoughts/predictions?

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:43 pm

digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:

Oh wow you are correct, I just went and had a look again. Hrmm now that's tempting.

I know! I've apparently already convinced a couple friends to buy ones they missed lol
Image Image ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:39 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Agreed! The Big Boy ones actually aren't too bad right now....

I know! I've apparently already convinced a couple friends to buy ones they missed lol

I can see that, it's a fairly decent price point to get into these at the moment. There is so little a person even has to do for it.
ImageImageImageImage

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:43 am

Stupid me has been busy with other stuff the past couple months and not paying attention to Funko. Long story short, looks like I missed the redemption window for the TMNT tokens (had 3). So stupid that you have to wait 120 days and then only get 30 days to redeem (not to mention the hassle of creating, and paying for, a droppp address). Oh well, it sucks but life goes on. Redeemed my 2 Big Boy tokens at least.
Poppin'

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:57 pm

theraven00 wrote:Stupid me has been busy with other stuff the past couple months and not paying attention to Funko. Long story short, looks like I missed the redemption window for the TMNT tokens (had 3). So stupid that you have to wait 120 days and then only get 30 days to redeem (not to mention the hassle of creating, and paying for, a droppp address). Oh well, it sucks but life goes on. Redeemed my 2 Big Boy tokens at least.

dam that sucks something major man :( can you sell the coins on atomic. Maby someone will want em.
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:29 am

theraven00 wrote:Stupid me has been busy with other stuff the past couple months and not paying attention to Funko. Long story short, looks like I missed the redemption window for the TMNT tokens (had 3). So stupid that you have to wait 120 days and then only get 30 days to redeem (not to mention the hassle of creating, and paying for, a droppp address). Oh well, it sucks but life goes on. Redeemed my 2 Big Boy tokens at least.

That sucks. I do think it is odd the short window to redeem. I did make sure to redeem within days of the tokens being sent out because I knew with holidays I could get so busy and forget.
Collecting since 2014

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:24 am

nascar246788 wrote:
That sucks. I do think it is odd the short window to redeem. I did make sure to redeem within days of the tokens being sent out because I knew with holidays I could get so busy and forget.

I believe the "short" redemption period is because they don't want to have several redemptions going on at the same time, since there is a drop every month. I have set a calendar appointment alarm for the start day and second to last day for the Freddy Halloween redemption. This way if I forget I'll get reminded again. They also need time to produce to pops, which is why it takes another 4 months to actually get your pop in the mail.

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:04 pm

popaholic_anonymous wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:
Definitely. I was thinking about grabbing it, but at the new increased price, I figured, just get the set. Which is also going up a little.

I’d wait until people get the redemption :cheers: tokens - if it’s like TMNT the prices should drop a decent amount.

Now that the TMNT redemption is officially complete what would you say we learned from it?

I think you make a good point in that the prices dropped for the redeemables once the tokens released.

But I recommend not waiting until the last redemption day to purchase tokens because prices went up at the end….I, like many others, assumed prices would drop. Sellers did not feel the need to slash prices. It cost me an arm and leg but I was able to grab the redeemable TMNT set in time lol :cheers:

Basically keep an eye out. Mid-month seemed the best time to buy for the popular series of TMNT. Big Boy is less popular and prices dipped pretty quick. Keep an eye out for mid-month prices. Tokens ARE cheaper than picking up the Royalty set before redemption.

Also of note. Someone bought up all the $10-20 Royalty NFTs. Turtle Freddy NFT is sitting at around $24-25 lowest price currently. Will it go down or up?

Iron Maiden and Freddy Funko Halloween Epics have shot up recently as more people are getting into it and they are the next to finish. At this point it is still probably better to complete the set, but it's getting close to maybe risking it and waiting for the token. Though if you complete the set you do get a free NFT with it.
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:05 pm

RedRoo wrote:

dam that sucks something major man :( can you sell the coins on atomic. Maby someone will want em.

I was able to sell one of the coins, so at least it wasn't a complete loss. I'm mainly bummed since TMNT is my primary collection, but oh well. I used the wax from the coin sale to purchase a Skeleton Freddy NFT from the Halloween set so I'll need to set a reminder to redeem that one in a couple months.
Poppin'

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:55 pm

FredKruger wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Some Horrors ones would be awesome. I wonder if they'll stick to seasonal drops.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:30 pm

ComicsZombie wrote:
popaholic_anonymous wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

Basically keep an eye out. Mid-month seemed the best time to buy for the popular series of TMNT. Big Boy is less popular and prices dipped pretty quick. Keep an eye out for mid-month prices. Tokens ARE cheaper than picking up the Royalty set before redemption.

Also of note. Someone bought up all the $10-20 Royalty NFTs. Turtle Freddy NFT is sitting at around $24-25 lowest price currently. Will it go down or up?

Iron Maiden and Freddy Funko Halloween Epics have shot up recently as more people are getting into it and they are the next to finish. At this point it is still probably better to complete the set, but it's getting close to maybe risking it and waiting for the token. Though if you complete the set you do get a free NFT with it.

I wonder if the tokens will eventually be more expensive then full set. I completed full set before redemption for the ones I really wanted.
Collecting since 2014

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:36 pm

Where them BTS NFTs at? LOL

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:40 am

OOof. Someone's buying up all the TMNT Royalty Freddys. I missed my $10 window. Guess I'll just have to live without one. XD
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:33 pm

TMNT NFTs still very popular!

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:19 pm

ComicsZombie wrote:OOof. Someone's buying up all the TMNT Royalty Freddys. I missed my $10 window. Guess I'll just have to live without one. XD

That is interesting that they are hoarding them. I wonder the thinking behind it.
Collecting since 2014

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:34 am

nascar246788 wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:OOof. Someone's buying up all the TMNT Royalty Freddys. I missed my $10 window. Guess I'll just have to live without one. XD

That is interesting that they are hoarding them. I wonder the thinking behind it.

Have noticed as well, not sure the thought behind it, but unloaded every single Big Boy card as well, so I'm ready for next drop. Here's hoping folks keep buying after I get my redeemables and keep me stocked with Wax.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:22 am

FredKruger wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

Have noticed as well, not sure the thought behind it, but unloaded every single Big Boy card as well, so I'm ready for next drop. Here's hoping folks keep buying after I get my redeemables and keep me stocked with Wax.

I’m sure it’s a NFT collector grabbing them all. The very first Funko Royalty NFT - who knows may be worth some money down the road. I’m still kind of tempted to sell my mint #1 lol

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:20 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I’m sure it’s a NFT collector grabbing them all. The very first Funko Royalty NFT - who knows may be worth some money down the road. I’m still kind of tempted to sell my mint #1 lol

Only if you can sell it for a TON. Then get a "cheap" $50 one lol.
#BeastBoyShrine

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:52 pm

These are kinda cool

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:31 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

Oh the big decision, kinda neat having the #1 and then at the same time its really neat having the money you could possibly get for it.
ImageImageImageImage

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:38 pm

Dang im kicking myself!

I was gonna buy the leo grail and it was $26 but now someone brought them all up and now there all relisted at like $200 FFFFF well there goes my chance at completeing it XD
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:06 am

Geez, that's a hefty markup.
ImageImageImageImage

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:39 pm

Love that popeye freddy! Might just go in on the royalty set.

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:41 pm

yeah this is a really cool set. I really like the pack art LOL
If there was a soda variant of Popeye or Flash I'd be crazy for it! But I'm safe this time...
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:46 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:yeah this is a really cool set. I really like the pack art LOL
If there was a soda variant of Popeye or Flash I'd be crazy for it! But I'm safe this time...

I hope we see more Soda redeemables going forward - that would be awesome!

I'm really excited for the Popeye Freddy and I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for a Bluto with this drop [-o<

Return to “NFT/Digital”