Harry Potter Diagon Alley deluxe series

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Trendkill24hr

Re: Harry Potter Diagon Alley deluxe series

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:18 am

I’m hoping these actually come together as a circle like the Avengers Amazon one, I think that would be cool IMO
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:23 am

nascar246788 wrote:
dolphinax2 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Need room, lots of it LOL!

Tell me about it, I have them in my bedroom, the living room/dining room and a few minis in kitchen cabinet, that doesn't include the totes in garage #-o

You are like me. I have my collection displayed everywhere in our house.

I got a couple in our half bathroom too LOL!

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:54 am

rexflexall wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
dolphinax2 wrote:Tell me about it, I have them in my bedroom, the living room/dining room and a few minis in kitchen cabinet, that doesn't include the totes in garage #-o

I'm always looking around our house trying to figure out where I can display a few more. #-o
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

mactds

Postby mactds » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:00 pm

dolphinax2 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I'm always looking around our house trying to figure out where I can display a few more. #-o

Moving to a new house let me reboot the collection display, and still it's tough to figure out haha
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:47 pm

I finally decide to start a Harry Potter collection, only my second PoP collection, and these come out. I was keeping them contained in several Ikea 13 inch cube Eket shelves and am almost done with the set up (pics will be forthcoming when the last four PoP arrive).

I've been working so hard at keeping the Funko contained. Don't see how I can pass on these, though.
Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:48 am

mactds wrote:
Katers wrote:
mactds wrote:
I've only been to Universal Hollywood with Hogsmeade, and I think seeing Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando would convince me to the whole set, and it would be the cheaper part as compared to traveling to Orlando lol

Universal Orlando is so much better, honestly! I need to go visit Hollywood soon though, much easier for transportation and a photo shoot! I wonder if one of these could be held up to Diagon and kinda slot in if you got the angles right? Could be really interesting...and a reason to go to Orlando! lol

I definitely need to go to Orlando, Disney World has been calling, but got to do Universal too. At least Hollywood is getting Super Mario Land to hold me over for now.

I am all for any excuse to go to any theme park. I think, as this set comes out, I'll need to visit the Universal parks to compare what they look like vs. what the park looks like! Oh darn, so sad! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:13 am

Stragon wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:Kind of curious if they had or still have any plans for any special variants of these like a con exclusive or glow for example.

I would love for there to be a glow to the set - shop windows, street lights, what have you. Not picky! I would think it's too big for variants though? Can you imagine having to buy 2 of each mold to get the OG and the variant? The space complaints would literally double! lol

That would be amazing ;-)

Would be so nice if they were hollow, we could stick our own LED lights inside to get the effect we want! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:37 am

EricsPopLounge wrote:
Katers wrote:
mactds wrote:
I've only been to Universal Hollywood with Hogsmeade, and I think seeing Diagon Alley at Universal Orlando would convince me to the whole set, and it would be the cheaper part as compared to traveling to Orlando lol

Universal Orlando is so much better, honestly! I need to go visit Hollywood soon though, much easier for transportation and a photo shoot! I wonder if one of these could be held up to Diagon and kinda slot in if you got the angles right? Could be really interesting...and a reason to go to Orlando! lol

Y'all gotta stop giving me good ideas lol lol This could end up with a whole new thing for us lol

The lights, or the theme park visits? To be honest, I'm good with both! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:39 am

Scotty wrote:I finally decide to start a Harry Potter collection, only my second PoP collection, and these come out. I was keeping them contained in several Ikea 13 inch cube Eket shelves and am almost done with the set up (pics will be forthcoming when the last four PoP arrive).

I've been working so hard at keeping the Funko contained. Don't see how I can pass on these, though.

Can't wait to see the display! I think we're all always looking for new and fabulous ways to display our collections! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:58 am

mactds wrote:
dolphinax2 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

Moving to a new house let me reboot the collection display, and still it's tough to figure out haha

I have soooooo many boxes!

mactds

Postby mactds » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:48 pm

rexflexall wrote:
mactds wrote:
dolphinax2 wrote:

I have soooooo many boxes!

I lucked into finding one with an extra closet under the stairs, Harry Potter style. I can have my Disney Parks ride pops out, and the boxes tucked away.
Hi, I'm Trevor

Handy123

Postby Handy123 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:52 pm

Katers wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:Top right Harry buying Hedwig?

My guesses are yes - Harry with Hedwig. Top left Hermione at Flourish & Botts, bottom left Ron at Quality Quidditch Supplies. No clue where Hagrid might be!

And of course I could be completely wrong and will be pleasantly surprised by some new and exciting things! Regardless, I think this is going to be a really fun set when it's done!

I think it could be Hagrid opening Diagon Alley maybe? That would be pretty cool

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:16 am

Handy123 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:Top right Harry buying Hedwig?

My guesses are yes - Harry with Hedwig. Top left Hermione at Flourish & Botts, bottom left Ron at Quality Quidditch Supplies. No clue where Hagrid might be!

And of course I could be completely wrong and will be pleasantly surprised by some new and exciting things! Regardless, I think this is going to be a really fun set when it's done!

I think it could be Hagrid opening Diagon Alley maybe? That would be pretty cool

That would be awesome! Probably the one I want most out of the whole set, if that's the case! Good guess! =D>
Image ImageImage Image

Handy123

Postby Handy123 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:53 am

Katers wrote:
Handy123 wrote:
Katers wrote:

That would be awesome! Probably the one I want most out of the whole set, if that's the case! Good guess! =D>

I agree that would be awesome especially if they had one of the bricks starting to come out of formation. Although I love griphook, purely because I love all the wierd mythical and creature stuff too.

Handy123

Postby Handy123 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:55 am

Katers wrote:
Handy123 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Sadly looking at the picture in more detail he is in front of a building tho so it won’t be that design hopefully in the future.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:16 am

Handy123 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Handy123 wrote:

I agree that would be awesome especially if they had one of the bricks starting to come out of formation. Although I love griphook, purely because I love all the wierd mythical and creature stuff too.

I'm still holding out hope for a Gringott's cart ride with Griphook, Harry and Hagrid on that lovely roller coaster! Agreed though, all the mythical / creature things make the HP line such a fun world to inhabit! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:17 am

Handy123 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Handy123 wrote:

Sadly looking at the picture in more detail he is in front of a building tho so it won’t be that design hopefully in the future.

Keep hope alive! He could be standing to the side and the bricks are still visible?
Image ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:33 pm

A Hagrid one would be dope!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:24 pm

Good news - we were all wrong, it's actually Ginny Weasley with Flourish and Blotts

Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:45 pm

Target just put up Hagrid too, and it's pretty obvious the other two are Harry and Ron

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:49 am

Part of me feels like that hagrid should have a flocked version. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

mactds

Postby mactds » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:06 pm

Loving seeing it come together so quickly. Now I just need to make room.
Hi, I'm Trevor

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:04 am

scullysdad wrote:Good news - we were all wrong, it's actually Ginny Weasley with Flourish and Blotts

Spoiler: show

I'm actually really glad to be wrong! Much more exciting to have something new that I didn't have before!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:10 am

digithor wrote:Part of me feels like that hagrid should have a flocked version. lol

Agreed, and until it's proven not to be, it will be in my imagination! lol
Image ImageImage Image

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:19 pm

Scotty wrote:I finally decide to start a Harry Potter collection, only my second PoP collection, and these come out. I was keeping them contained in several Ikea 13 inch cube Eket shelves and am almost done with the set up (pics will be forthcoming when the last four PoP arrive).

Can’t wait to see your Harry Potter shelf, Scott! :)
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

philipali

Postby philipali » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:30 pm

renardchua wrote:

Can’t wait to see your Harry Potter shelf, Scott! :)

that will be a lot of harry potter coming :D
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:04 pm

Anyone else get their Ginny cancelled? I am going to cancel my order for the other two since I don't want just 4/5 when they link together.

Target wrote:Hi Jason,
We’re sorry to inform you that we had to cancel an item from your order. There was an issue on the vendor's end that prevented us from fulfilling your item. You have not been charged for the canceled item.

Thank you for your understanding, and thank you for being our guest.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:41 am

scullysdad wrote:Anyone else get their Ginny cancelled? I am going to cancel my order for the other two since I don't want just 4/5 when they link together.

Target wrote:Hi Jason,
We’re sorry to inform you that we had to cancel an item from your order. There was an issue on the vendor's end that prevented us from fulfilling your item. You have not been charged for the canceled item.

Thank you for your understanding, and thank you for being our guest.

Ginny and Hagrid both cancelled for me! I could reorder Ginny, but not Hagrid. So I cancelled my preorder of Gringotts, but I'll see if I can find them in store! Feeling very betrayed by Target right now, for sure! ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:03 am

That's interesting about the cancels, wouldn't be surprised they will restock in the near future though.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:09 am

digithor wrote:That's interesting about the cancels, wouldn't be surprised they will restock in the near future though.

Yeah probably restock will be coming soon
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:52 am

I was kind of surprised to get the email that my Hagrid and Ginny order was cancelled, but my Gringotts is still active. I couldn't re-order either one, so just waiting for them to officially release before worrying about it.

I have some seriously terrible luck with Target pre-orders. They are either incredibly delayed or cancelled. I really feel like pre-orders have gotten out of hand with retailer exclusives, and honestly feel like exclusives should be put up for sale when it's actually available. I know people talk about the hype of when it's announced and then not wanting it as much when it becomes available. Well, then you obviously didn't REALLY want it in the first place, right?
Melissa

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:37 am

Probably seeing a lot of that over the past year with all the production and shipping delays, of course it's an easier way for retailers to get their sales ahead of time also.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:07 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
digithor wrote:That's interesting about the cancels, wouldn't be surprised they will restock in the near future though.

Super frustrating, was really looking forward to the whole set just arriving on my doorstep! ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:08 am

lunarembrace wrote:I was kind of surprised to get the email that my Hagrid and Ginny order was cancelled, but my Gringotts is still active. I couldn't re-order either one, so just waiting for them to officially release before worrying about it.

I have some seriously terrible luck with Target pre-orders. They are either incredibly delayed or cancelled. I really feel like pre-orders have gotten out of hand with retailer exclusives, and honestly feel like exclusives should be put up for sale when it's actually available. I know people talk about the hype of when it's announced and then not wanting it as much when it becomes available. Well, then you obviously didn't REALLY want it in the first place, right?

Target has definitely had some issues this year! So far I've had orders cancel on me after I approved their delay (and of course they were sold out by then!)...and then I've had orders delayed while I found the pop on the shelf! I've usually had good luck with my Target preorders, so this has been strange and annoying. Sorry you have terrible luck....at least we're all in it together, I guess? lol
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:09 am

Katers wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

Super frustrating, was really looking forward to the whole set just arriving on my doorstep! ](*,)

You always can order the whole set from one site, might cost a little more. hah
ImageImageImageImage

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:25 am

Katers wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:I was kind of surprised to get the email that my Hagrid and Ginny order was cancelled, but my Gringotts is still active. I couldn't re-order either one, so just waiting for them to officially release before worrying about it.

Target has definitely had some issues this year! So far I've had orders cancel on me after I approved their delay (and of course they were sold out by then!)...and then I've had orders delayed while I found the pop on the shelf! I've usually had good luck with my Target preorders, so this has been strange and annoying. Sorry you have terrible luck....at least we're all in it together, I guess? lol

I mean..my Alice just shipped after pre-ordering her on 1/30. xD I totally understand all the production and shipment delays, but the pre-ordering system from the big retailers needs a major tune-up! I guess it's just telling me I need to leave my house more to go looking for things instead of relying on the internet. Haha.
Melissa

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:54 am

lunarembrace wrote:
Katers wrote:

I mean..my Alice just shipped after pre-ordering her on 1/30. xD I totally understand all the production and shipment delays, but the pre-ordering system from the big retailers needs a major tune-up! I guess it's just telling me I need to leave my house more to go looking for things instead of relying on the internet. Haha.

I feel that too however it's tough getting stuffs in my area
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

billville

Postby billville » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:06 pm

I also got my Ginny and Hagrid orders cancelled. Sooo frustrating :angryfire:
Hey everyone, I'm Billy and have been collecting for 7 years now :freddy3:

Pop Count: 1,100+
Instagram: @collectiBILLY

Image Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:17 am

Perhaps it was a website error of over selling? or maybe a shipping delay?
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:15 am

Sorry to hear about your issues with pre-orders. That sucks because I love the idea of pre-ordering. It is nice to order it and forget it. Then get a nice surprise at the door when the package comes.
Collecting since 2014

Return to “Pop!”