Harry Potter Diagon Alley deluxe series

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Re: Harry Potter Diagon Alley deluxe series

Postby Imagery » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:04 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:I can only find the 3 that went on sale, haven't been able to track down the other 2 online. Definitely need to get Hagrid, it's not Hogwarts without him! lol

Any luck? I thought I saw Hagrid restock online

Yes! Hagrid is home (though not unboxed yet!). 4 down, one to go. Missed the restock today of the Gringotts Goblin, but I'm tracking a few in stores nearby, so we'll see what the weekend brings me if he doesn't do another restock.

\:D/ Yay, happy for you! Hope the search is successful
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:06 pm

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:I mean, you absolutely COULD build a HP Funko village in the driveway. I'm sure none of the neighbors will mind. Right? lol

Absolutely not! The kids would love it lol

But will they understand how special it is?? Might need to bust it out for special occasions only!

I feel like this would need an age requirement to ensure an adequate level of appreciation — like a height requirement for a ride. Or perhaps trivia for looking privileges lol
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:01 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:OK Harry Potter Halloween Display, and can transition into Christmas by changing the tiny decor lol

Switches at the base that flip - Halloween has 'glowing' lanterns and cauldrons in the windows, flip the switch and the windows are snow frosted!

I'm sold!!! Honestly all this talk has me wanting to consider making one lol I have fond memories as a kid of a neighbor who filled their large picture window with a setup

Any time we come up with amazing ideas or variations in here, I get all tempted to try my hand at a custom. But I also know that my artistic skills are much more in ideas than they are in physical creation - at least, so far!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:17 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:OK Harry Potter Halloween Display, and can transition into Christmas by changing the tiny decor lol

That sounds like something I would want.

If funko got into that kind of stuff I don't know where I would put it or how I would manage but it would have to be mine! Luckily I think this might be too far lol

Tiny decor could be a little easier then, it makes me think of those christmas towns they sell that are all covered in glitter.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:52 pm

digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:
That sounds like something I would want.

If funko got into that kind of stuff I don't know where I would put it or how I would manage but it would have to be mine! Luckily I think this might be too far lol

Tiny decor could be a little easier then, it makes me think of those christmas towns they sell that are all covered in glitter.

Yes!!! Thats exactly what I'm picturing lol with some magnetic magic effects....
Image Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:42 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Thanks, glad I didn't give up and go ebay

There's too many of us in here on Team Funatic, we'd have found what you needed before letting you to ebay! \:D/

Lots of good folks here who can save you $$ before you attempt eBay!

So many cool things I'd have missed if not for good Funatic friends! Teamwork makes the dream work! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:47 pm

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:This was what I thought of when you mentioned all the other possibilities.
And really, is your car too good for the driveway? Can't build a Harry Potter village in the driveway

I mean, you absolutely COULD build a HP Funko village in the driveway. I'm sure none of the neighbors will mind. Right? lol

I guess it just depends where you live and whether you're ready to dust all the snow off in the winter here lol

Definitely safe from snow, though kinda disappointed that it's not an option. Would be so much cooler with a dusting of actual snow, and the set is plastic, so we'd be fine! I'd be willing to risk all the other Southern CA winter weather hazards, regardless!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:50 pm

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Absolutely not! The kids would love it lol

But will they understand how special it is?? Might need to bust it out for special occasions only!

I feel like this would need an age requirement to ensure an adequate level of appreciation — like a height requirement for a ride. Or perhaps trivia for looking privileges lol

Oooh, I like the trivia requirements! Or maybe go Ravenclaw on them, you have to answer a riddle to view it? As long as we protect our village, we're good! lol
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:15 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:If funko got into that kind of stuff I don't know where I would put it or how I would manage but it would have to be mine! Luckily I think this might be too far lol

Yes!!! Thats exactly what I'm picturing lol with some magnetic magic effects....

Nice idea, I wouldn't mind those. Just don't want all that glitter over everything.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:30 am

digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:

Nice idea, I wouldn't mind those. Just don't want all that glitter over everything.

Your house isn't already covered in glitter? Such luxury!! lol
Image Image ImageImage

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:15 pm

A xmas set would be amazing
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:13 pm

Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
There's too many of us in here on Team Funatic, we'd have found what you needed before letting you to ebay! \:D/

So many cool things I'd have missed if not for good Funatic friends! Teamwork makes the dream work! \:D/

Hard to find good friends!

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:53 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:I mean, you absolutely COULD build a HP Funko village in the driveway. I'm sure none of the neighbors will mind. Right? lol

I guess it just depends where you live and whether you're ready to dust all the snow off in the winter here lol

Definitely safe from snow, though kinda disappointed that it's not an option. Would be so much cooler with a dusting of actual snow, and the set is plastic, so we'd be fine! I'd be willing to risk all the other Southern CA winter weather hazards, regardless!

We don't get too many "dustings" of snow— it's all or nothing lol
Though I can see a little snow adding some character

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:54 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:But will they understand how special it is?? Might need to bust it out for special occasions only!

Oooh, I like the trivia requirements! Or maybe go Ravenclaw on them, you have to answer a riddle to view it? As long as we protect our village, we're good! lol

Yes! Protecting the HP village is a top priority

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:55 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Yes!!! Thats exactly what I'm picturing lol with some magnetic magic effects....

You're supposed to restrict the glitter to a hobby corner [-X

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:24 am

Imagery wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:Nice idea, I wouldn't mind those. Just don't want all that glitter over everything.

Glitter doesn't follow the rules of man or beast... it is lawless and only serves itself.
Image Image ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:58 am

Imagery wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
digithor wrote:Nice idea, I wouldn't mind those. Just don't want all that glitter over everything.

Once those come out, they seem to find every corner.
ImageImageImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:41 am

No glitter
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:20 pm

digithor wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Your house isn't already covered in glitter? Such luxury!! lol

Yeah even when I'm careful ot still spreads lol
Image Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:15 am

rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

Easier than those elusive pops we're missing! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:18 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:I guess it just depends where you live and whether you're ready to dust all the snow off in the winter here lol

Is the snow adding character to the collection, or the collector? lol

Mine would have the addition of dust, dirt and debris when our winds kick up! Still better than if an earthquake takes out my village!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:19 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:I feel like this would need an age requirement to ensure an adequate level of appreciation — like a height requirement for a ride. Or perhaps trivia for looking privileges lol

If that's true, mine have to stay in box! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:20 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Your house isn't already covered in glitter? Such luxury!! lol

Glitter doesn't follow the rules of man or beast... it is lawless and only serves itself.

Truer words have never been spoken. =D>
Image ImageImage Image

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:50 am

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Imagery wrote:You're supposed to restrict the glitter to a hobby corner [-X

I usually use a funko shipping box to try and contain it then just toss it when I'm done.... maybe one day I'll do a crazy glitter custom funko lol I've already made some furry ones :-k
Image Image ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:29 am

Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:

YUP I'm missing a few key pops!

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:19 pm

digithor wrote:
Imagery wrote:

No one says you can't label multiple corners "hobby corner" lol

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:21 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Definitely safe from snow, though kinda disappointed that it's not an option. Would be so much cooler with a dusting of actual snow, and the set is plastic, so we'd be fine! I'd be willing to risk all the other Southern CA winter weather hazards, regardless!

Mine would have the addition of dust, dirt and debris when our winds kick up! Still better than if an earthquake takes out my village!

I don't know if it "adds" character, but it certainly affects my mood lol

Oh no, earthquakes could tear the town in half!

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:22 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Oooh, I like the trivia requirements! Or maybe go Ravenclaw on them, you have to answer a riddle to view it? As long as we protect our village, we're good! lol

This is where having two of each becomes key

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:50 am

Imagery wrote:
digithor wrote:
Imagery wrote:You're supposed to restrict the glitter to a hobby corner [-X

That's true!! Similar to how I can have funkos in every corner and call it decor!!
Image Image ImageImage

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:21 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Imagery wrote:
digithor wrote:Once those come out, they seem to find every corner.

That's true!! Similar to how I can have funkos in every corner and call it decor!!

Yes! It's pop culture chic

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:50 pm

No Earthquakes lol

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:14 pm

Imagery wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Imagery wrote:No one says you can't label multiple corners "hobby corner" lol

Yes! It's pop culture chic

Well what else would match my prints and prop replicas?? lol
Image Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:21 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Glitter doesn't follow the rules of man or beast... it is lawless and only serves itself.

I usually use a funko shipping box to try and contain it then just toss it when I'm done.... maybe one day I'll do a crazy glitter custom funko lol I've already made some furry ones :-k

Well, if we can't have furry owls, I would also accept glitter owls. As long as the glitter stays on the OWLS and doesn't spread throughout my house! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:27 am

rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

YUP I'm missing a few key pops!

That's incredibly frustrating, but they'll find their way to you eventually. They always come home where they belong!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:35 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:We don't get too many "dustings" of snow— it's all or nothing lol

I don't know if it "adds" character, but it certainly affects my mood lol

Oh no, earthquakes could tear the town in half!

I've always wanted a (brief) snow day here. Just long enough for everyone to freak out over snow where snow doesn't belong! It would definitely affect my mood, too!

An earthquake would definitely do that, but I think this is where I could put the previously mentioned duct tape to good use! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:38 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Yes! Protecting the HP village is a top priority

This is where having two of each becomes key

Ah, but that way leads to madness! Or at least, my house looking like I'm a hoarder! lol
Image ImageImage Image

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:23 pm

If they made a xmas edition it would do well IMO

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:01 pm

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

Well, if we can't have furry owls, I would also accept glitter owls. As long as the glitter stays on the OWLS and doesn't spread throughout my house! lol

An extra sealant coat is the key, then it's locked in a stasis for eternity lol
Image Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:00 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:I usually use a funko shipping box to try and contain it then just toss it when I'm done.... maybe one day I'll do a crazy glitter custom funko lol I've already made some furry ones :-k

An extra sealant coat is the key, then it's locked in a stasis for eternity lol

Important to know, especially since I feel like if glitter comes anywhere into the house, it moves and spreads throughout all on it's own! lol
Image ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:21 am

kdmlvr wrote:If they made a xmas edition it would do well IMO

Totally great idea!

Return to “Pop!”