Tap Tap Tap... Is this thing on?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Re: Tap Tap Tap... Is this thing on?

Postby Geescube » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:44 pm

Loki 02 caught my interest, at the time it was sold out. But I google searched and found this forum and saw that an Australian retailer had it up for sale. That was way back in 2012 and I havent looked back!

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:47 pm

Which Funko product started your collection and how long have you been collecting?
The product that started it all was this Hulk Pop. I volunteered at Wizard World the 1st year it was in Sacramento and we had the opportunity to snag some swag. I'm a big Hulk fan and there was a Hulk Pop available. So it was obvious I was going to snag it. I got him and noticed the back and saw that there was other characters. I started doing research and saw that there were more characters that I liked in Pop form. So I started ordering online and buying at local stores/shops. From that point on...I've been a Funatic since 2014.
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:51 pm

Welcome Back Freddy! My first Freddy Funko was actually from the funklub which I then used to make custom and turned him into Dodgers Freddy that you see on my avatar!
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:51 pm

Welcome back Freddy!
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

emcee

Postby emcee » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:52 pm

Freddy Funko wrote:Which Funko product started your collection and how long have you been collecting?

Hi Freddy! It's good to have you back here.

It all started with the TV show Game of Thrones for me. I didn't know anything about Funko or know about POP!s back in 2013, but I was in a bookstore (shout out to Chapters) when I bought my first Funko item. Jon Snow was my favourite character of the series, and when I saw the chance to immortalize him, I had to have it!
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

yellowrice
HoF 2014 & Spirit
HoF 2014 & Spirit

Postby yellowrice » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:54 pm

Welcome back Freddy!
James
Suit up! For tonight is going to be Legend... wait for it...

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:56 pm

These questions are so engaging to just answer one.

1. What is your favorite thing about Funko Social Media? “Interaction.” I have and will always love the interaction the Social Media Team does. Even during hot and long days at the cons, the team always finds time to smile and interact with fans.

2. Share how you got your first Freddy Funko product? I got my first Freddy at 2019 Fundays. I was lucky enough to attend the first Funko panel at SDCC and out of sheer luck, I was able to win a Social Media Freddy. I had so much fun.

3. Which Funko product started your collection and how long have you been collecting? Daryl on Motorcycle was my first Funko item. It was given to me on my birthday as a present. When I opened my gift, I saw it and was amazed at how good it was. The details and fun aspect it had, hooked me. I had never seen anything like that before. Wasn’t until I traveled to a bigger town that mine, where I saw a store with a vast amount of Funko Pops. I was amazed at how many product lines there were. I was hooked ever since.

mactds

Postby mactds » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:14 pm

Welcome Back Freddy! You love to see it.

The Funko item that started my collection was the FN-2187 pop from Target in May of 2016. I had a couple pops before, but that was my first exclusive, and it started me to learn about all of the different exclusives from different stores and conventions, and my collection went from 2 pops to 200 pops in short order, and it has kept growing from there.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:32 pm

First funko pop was Spastik plastik carlos pop. That slowly changed as I found some of the older funko products that really caught my eye. I soon started collecting the OG Spastik Plastik. The hunt for these pieces was a lot of fun and kept me going for over 4 years.

Welcome Back!! and thanks for the contest!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:34 pm

I was a tad late to the collecting game, I bought my first pop in 2016. It was the Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat from the live action Alice in Wonderland. My husband bought Alien and Predator. Since then our collection has steadily grown and I've met so many awesome funatics. Glad to see interest coming back to the boards! :freddy2:
Image Image ImageImage

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:37 pm

My son bought me a Jack Skellington pop from NBC for my birthday, that was about 10 years ago, then when getting ready to attend my first SDCC I read about Fundays and bought a ticket since it was at the hotel I was staying at (The Wyndham) after that and meeting people there I was hooked and never looked back.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

TheNeck

Postby TheNeck » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:42 pm

Which Funko product started your collection and how long have you been collecting?

I ended up getting a star-lord pop using disney rewards in which i started collecting June 2016.
Call me Roger(Rog) https://www.instagram.com/thenecks_funkos/
Funklub #4453
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

theoriginalz

Postby theoriginalz » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:44 pm

Welcome back!!

My favorite thing about Funko Social Media are the product announcement glams.

My first Freddy Funko would have been the Thank You Freddy when POP! won TOTY.

A Batman POP! was my first Funko product given to me by an old roommate.
First POP! - 2012
First Fundays - 2019
First FDO - 2023
I LOVE Gold Vinyl
The United Funko Family

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:45 pm

First of all welcome back! Currently in the hospital so this was news that brighten my day.

What is your favorite thing about Funko Social Media?

Well the answer to that is the connectivity it gives us to those we might not normally talk to, I have a zoom meeting every Friday with funatics and even tho I’m not in the best cases I’m still gonna make it to tonight’s one!.
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:47 pm

I kinda want to answer all the questions. How exciting!

Share how you got your first Freddy Funko product: This is what got me into collecting so it's a must. I actually saw Funday tickets on sale every year and thought what is this thing. One year I decided to buy tickets and find out what it was. I had no clue what I was in for!!!! So my first Freddy Funko Product was a Freddy Funko Pop!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:50 pm

Went to my first SDCC in 2013 and was lucky enough to get into the booth on Sunday. Even back then it was really difficult to get into lol. I bought my first Funko pop figures that day which included characters from the Big Bang Theory, Monsters Inc and TMNT. Little did I know 8 years later I would have amassed a collection of nearly 3000.
ImageImage

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:56 pm

mactds wrote:Welcome Back Freddy! You love to see it.

The Funko item that started my collection was the FN-2187 pop from Target in May of 2016. I had a couple pops before, but that was my first exclusive, and it started me to learn about all of the different exclusives from different stores and conventions, and my collection went from 2 pops to 200 pops in short order, and it has kept growing from there.

FN-2187 is still one of my favorite Star Wars Pop!s, I think it's very underappreciated.
Poppin'

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:56 pm

My first Funko product was a Hal Jordan bobble head pop from Target and I’ve been collecting ever since.

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:01 pm

Great to see you back Freddy! I’d be happy to answer all of your questions, but since you said only one…

I’ve been collecting Funko products for about six years. I bought my first Pops at a fan convention. I’d fallen in love with the Minions since their first movie appearance and thought the Pop versions were the cutest things — I’ve collected all my little yellow buddies since then. I’m also a huge horror fan and found the big four that day: Freddy, Jason, Michael and Leatherface. I had no idea then that these few figures would multiply to more than a thousand and be joined by dozens of other lines from PPKs to Rock Candy to Dorbz to my new favorite Soda and more. Finding older pieces from the early days of Funko has also been fun. Thanks for asking :)
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:03 pm

Welcome back Freddy Funko! Thank you for the awesome giveaway!

My first funko product are Elvis Stitch Hot Topic exclusive and Toothless Pops. During the summer of 2016, I went to Frank and Sons, a large warehouse full of vendors selling collectibles and my goal is to look for Yugioh cards. I stumble upon a booth with walls of unique looking box and figures. At that time, I have no clue what Funko or Pop! is. After buying those two, I started researching Funko. I got a bunch of pops like Metallic Freiza shared SDCC exclusive at Hot Topic. Fast forward to now, I have over 2,000 pops and funko products (I lost count after 2k).
Last edited by Karubin on Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calvin
IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 2,000+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Atomic Freddy & Hall H Freddy

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon 2021, Virtual FUNday 2021: Team Proto Punks

g3ohss

Postby g3ohss » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:08 pm

Ooooof where can I start. Welcome back :)
My fav thing about Funko social media is being to interact with everyone. Especially when we are living our lives away from Conventions and events.
As for my first Funko product was in 2014 received a Joker from loot crate and have been hooked ever since.
Hi I’m Geo :) IG: @g3ohss
ImageImageImageImage

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:15 pm

That is awesome news! Welcome back Freddy! :freddy1:

My first Pop was purchased in 2011 when Target released the first wave of Marvel and DC Funko Pops (back when they were hanging on pegs). I still remember thinking $10 was alot for a toy, and passed on them a handful of times. Finally, after a few weeks I decided to make the purchase and bought my first Pop: Captain America. It was a slow transition, because my first year of collecting I probably had no more than 10 pops. Fast forward 10 years later I'm over 4k+ pops in. It's been an awesome ride since. \:D/
Last edited by CaliCollectibles on Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

AkariK

Postby AkariK » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:16 pm

I like funko social media for the constant interactions with fans!

My first funko pop was a cersei pop I randomly bought at a comic shop, but I didn't start collecting them seriously until many years later when I discovered the Sailor Moon set, found out other friends collected, joined groups to find out more... it's been a crazy ride ever since then and hasn't stopped yet!

My first actual freddy was from the Hollywood Grand Opening!

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:39 pm

I was aware of Funko for some time, but my first came at SDCC. While waiting in line to see Conan, I met Pete (JalepenoPete) and Loren (imbatgirlpop). We became quick line buddies and they were my introduction to the Funko community. Stormtrooper Conan became my first of many Funko items and Pete and Loren are still good friends and Funko Family to this day!

Thank you for the giveaway! More positivity and fun always welcome! Great to seeing you back here Freddy Funko!
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:51 pm

Yay I feel like I was heard with my post. So thank you for that!

My first Funko product was way back in the fall of 2012 when I ordered from Amazon the 3 main horror Funko pops- Jason Freddy and mike myers! From there I saw the mystery mini horror and game of thrones and now 9 years later I have full rooms in my house dedicated to Funko- I call those rooms my FUNKO museum! All pics are on my IG social media : BABAKITTYSDADA

we missed you Freddy!
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

post31

Postby post31 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:08 pm

Awe welcome back Freddy glad to hear you’re ok. My favorite part of social media is the photo a day contest. I’ve been taking pics of my funko pops for a while now and I love seeing other people do it also. The best part about that photo a day contest is that it gets people that normally wouldn’t pull their pops out the box to play with to do exactly that. Have fun everyone :freddy2:
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funkon 2021

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:13 pm

My first POP was Gir with Cupcake from Hot Topic back in 2015! Love that POP so much and have been collecting since, so about 6 years now coming up!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:21 pm

Yay welcome back Freddy.
I love the social media and all the way it connect with us all. Especially during the last 18 months when life has been disruptive.
My 1st.pop was a Groot that my kid gave me and 3000+ funko items later here we are.

And now it's more about the people and the life long friends we have made. I could give up the toys if I can keep the friend's.
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:28 pm

:freddy2: Welcome back Freddy!
Hope everyone here and on team Funko have been doing well.

I started Funko in 2018 as I anticipated the arrival of my first child.
I thought if anything were to happen to me, she'd need a snapshot of things to know who I was as a person.
Funko gave me that perfect opportunity as the local retailer here was putting out the Dorbz range from Infinity War.
Moved onto Pops from there and the rest is history :freddy2:
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:31 pm

Welcome back!!!
My first freddy funko was the original freddy funko pop figure
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Vin phx

Postby Vin phx » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:48 pm

jack skellington was gifted to us in 2013, but our first purchase was ash from evil dead in 2014.
Pop count 1k+
Dorbz count 180
ImageImage

makehavoc

Postby makehavoc » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:59 pm

I first started around 6 years ago or so. My friend Jeames (comicszombie) introduced me to Funko pops. If I remember correctly, my first funko had to be an X-men

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:08 pm

“Share how you got your first Freddy Funko product.”

2016 Fundays is when I got my first Freddy Funko products, and boy, I will never ever forget that Fundays as well! Since then, I now know how Charlie felt when he found a “certain ticket” in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. As always, thank you Funko! And welcome back Freddy!
:freddy1:

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:40 pm

Hello!! glad to hear that we are not forgotten!!!

It feels great most are still chatting here and looking forward to hear more about the latest updates here too! Let the chit chat begins!

My favourite thing about Funko Social Media is that we can always get the latest updates from Funko as some of us lives oversea (me in Singapore) and we couldn’t get to go USA for the events especially those like Funkon 2021 but at least we get to see lives updates and they sure makes us feel happy and excited like we are there celebrating together!

My very first Funko Pop is actually gifted to me by my best friend when I was at my lowest point of life and she gifted me a Dragon ballz Goku to tell me to keep fighting for my life and cheers me up!

Since then, I starts getting anything pops that makes me happy and the best part is meeting so many people out there sharing the same passion! It’s like about 7 short years since I started collecting but this 7 years is part of my happy life to say lol!

So…. Please continue to share the happiness and let’s keep this community together and have fun!

(Rantt)
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:46 pm

It’s been so long but I’m pretty sure my first Freddy funko would have come from my first fundays!
I got the tickets through the bored and was able to take another board member as my +1 and it was such an amazing and fun night.
I now count them and so many others I met that night as friends which I am am extremely grateful for … and then also the box of fun … but also that smors bark
5 or 6 years later still thinking about that s’mores bark
- tauntaunking on instagram

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:32 pm

- What is your favorite thing about Funko Social Media?

Hi Freddy!

Funko’s social media team has always had great interaction with the community.

I really enjoy the live streams on Thursdays and the monthly Photo-a-day challenges.

I miss the gaming live streams and the Funko Funkast. It was a lot of fun to just hang out with the Social Media team. There would always be familiar names in the chat on Twitch or comments on SoundCloud.
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

He-Mann

Postby He-Mann » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:34 pm

My first Funko Items were purchased in 2015. I bought the OG He-man and Skeletor Pops. I had been seeing them around and finally took the plunge and started this crazy ride!
ImageImageImageImage

Cmpotter
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cmpotter » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:41 pm

Welcome back Freddy!

My favorite part of the Funko Social Media is the social media team! Hilary, Ashley, and Kyle are awesome and I love tuning in to the lives and unboxings!
Image Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:49 pm

Freddy Funko wrote:- Share how you got your first Freddy Funko product.

my first Freddy product was an eBay purchase (lame i know) of the Freddy Funko Monkey King set from the Pop Asia line.

also, i am glad to see we haven't been forsaken. i have been one of the more outspoken members about feeling as if this place was left out recently, so i certainly am hoping more company involvement does indeed return, and i don't just mean free stuff.

x56735x

Postby x56735x » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:55 pm

What was my first Funko product? Well that would be Marty McFly. As a huge BTTF fan, I had to have him and start collecting all the things FUNKO!
ImageImage

Return to “Pop!”