Tap Tap Tap... Is this thing on?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
digithor

Re: Tap Tap Tap... Is this thing on?

Postby digithor » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:21 am

Hey Freddy,

Which Funko product started your collection and how long have you been collecting?

For me it was mystery minis, I came across them one day in a collectible store. I started out getting some horror classic series 3, always wanted the series 1 & 2 but could never find them in stock. Then a few Nightmare before christmas series 2, disney heroes vs villians, Retro video games and I still have all of them around in different places.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

BobbleheadFreak
Hall of Fame Class of 2020
Hall of Fame Class of 2020

Postby BobbleheadFreak » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:51 am

The product that started my collection with Funko was a Bobs Big Boy wacky wobbler that I saw at the Stage Nine store on a display that made Wacky Wobbler heads bobble , I collected Ad Icon banks and Figures and thought this would be perfect to go with that set \:D/ been collecting funko for 22 years and love the evolution and growth of the funatic family community from when I started :freddy2:

aKa Chris - TheUnitedFunkoFamily - HOF #81
Instagram : Fliptoyz

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:06 am

Hi Freddy!!!
I got my 1st freddy funko in a trade with a fellow funatic. It was the RV walker freddy and it remains a favorite of mine today!
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:00 am

Which Funko product started your collection and how long have you been collecting?

Tupac Pop!, purchased in March 2013 from EMP (now known as MoPOP). My partner CaziusClay and I were visiting Seattle for the first time. After checking out EMP, we browsed through the gift shop and saw some Funko Pops -- Tupac, Biggie, Michael Jackson. We thought they were so cute but also didn't have a lot of room in our luggage. I decided on Tupac and later that same trip I got Disney Series 2 Boo from Golden Age Collectibles at Pike Place Market.

I've been collecting since then, very casually at first then we became more serious collectors in 2018 when the Toy Tokyo Notorious B.I.G. Pop! released during NYCC.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:24 am

Hi Freddy!!

So my Funko journey started in early 2018. My daughter and I were walking through the mall and she wanted to check out Hot Topic. While we were making our way through the store something caught her eye. She saw a Diamond edition Snow White Pop! And she had somewhat of a “fan girl” moment. She was like, “Oh my god Papa, look at this!” She thought it was super cute.

I started to look at the Pops on the wall. Now mind you Funko was not on my radar. I didnt know what Pops were. My kids at the time were into legos and other things. I had seen them before but never really stopped and took a look at them. So it was at this moment my eyes were opened! As I looked at the pops on the wall, I saw a Masters of the Universe Battle Armor He-man, Battle Armor Skeletor and Orko. I had a “fan girl” moment.

Something happened in that very moment, I had to have them. I bought those three pops without thinking. My daughter thought I was being a “little too much”.

When we got home I began to look at the box and really take in every detail the pops had. It just brought back those childhood memories. That little voice in my had also told me that I had to collect every pop in this line!!

Now fast forward a month or two. I’m checking out things to watch on Netflix and a show pops up on my feed (no pun intended, lol), Making Fun! After watching the documentary, I was hooked! My mind was blown away. I started doing searches online, trying to get familiar with Funko and just diving headfirst into that rabbit hole. Within days of watching Making Fun, I purchased a Funko FunKlub box. I also purchased a Freddy pop ride (blue car) off of ebay. Those were my first two Freddys!

When they came in the mail it was like Christmas. I shared that moment opening the Funklub box with my kids. They thought It was cool because they could see the excitement on my face. I just felt a part of the FUN in that moment. In the following days or few weeks, I made my way here to the boards. To me it was like discovering a new world but feeling like I was home. I just wish I found Funko sooner!

Well Freddy, thats my story and how I got my first Freddy(s). Its been an amazing journey for me. Thank you for the ride! :freddy2:

Wicket937

Postby Wicket937 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:25 am

My First Freddy Funko was the 20th anniversary 2 Pack Vynl.
But my first Freddy Pops came shortly after from my first Box of Fun from the first Public sale during the live Fundays in 2018!
I scored Freddywise, a Green Chome Freddy, and a Silver/Teal Robot Freddy!
And just today, this years Box of Fun arrived with more Freddy's for my collection!
Jedi Bentley Jr
Twitter/Twitch: Bent_SWPopLover
IG: wicket937

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:53 am

Freddy Funko wrote:Hi Funatics!

Sorry I've been M.I.A. but I'm back! We all know that our lives were affected by current events and I apologize if it seems as if the Boards were no longer on our radar. BUT YOU WERE WRONG! How could we forget about this wonderful space for the Funatics to hang out, chat, and help each other? Within the last year and a half, many adjustments were made and we are slowly getting back into the swing of things. So, what does that mean? It means that you'll be seeing me pop up here more often... Maybe more giveaways? Maybe more product discussions? Who knows? But if we stay positive and optimistic, we can continue to keep making FUN!

So with that in mind..... HOW ABOUT A GIVEAWAY?!

The Social Media team would love to giveaway a Social Media Freddy Funko Pop!

All you have to do is comment below answering ONE of the following questions:

- What is your favorite thing about Funko Social Media?
- Share how you got your first Freddy Funko product.
- Which Funko product started your collection and how long have you been collecting?

Contest will run until Monday, 9/6, at 11:59p (Pacific).
Winner will be chosen on Tuesday, 9/7, and will be contacted through Private Message.

Good luck Funatics! :freddy3:

Happy to see you back on the boards!! I got my first pop in 2014 at a swap meet lol and I've been collecting ever since! A FUN 7 years

jimma

Postby jimma » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:48 am

Jon Snow back in early 2016 so 6 years!! :D
ImageImageImageImage

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:16 am

Welcome back, Freddy.

It all started as a Christmas gift to my wife (and a gift back). I used to collect other Disney figures, specifically Disney vinylmation before knowing about pops. The Disney Store was the place to go, and there is where I noticed the Disney S1 Pops for the first time. I really liked their design, and I wanted a Jack Skellington Pop, but told myself not to get into another hobby. Few weeks later on a trip fro Frys Electronics, I saw pops again but this time there were more characters outside of Disney. I decided to grab a Batman pop and a Maleficent pop for my wife as Christmas gifts. Christmas came, and she got me the Jack Skellington pop. We both loved them, so we said screw it let’s collect these as well! This was X-Mas 2011. Form then on, we haven’t looked back.
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:17 pm

Aww welcome back Freddy! :freddy2:

I've been collecting for around 4 years and my collection got started when I received Beast Boy as a gift. It kinda opened the flood gates because I couldn't have Beast Boy without the rest of the titans, and then the Justice League version of them came out, and then it was history! I'm at around 300+ now and I've had a lot of fun being a collector and all the new experiences that come with it.
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

sahens04

Postby sahens04 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:13 pm

Glad to have you back Freddy! :freddy3:
The funko product that started my collection was a Dark World Loki Pop! at a local convention back in 2014. It was followed quickly by a second Pop! the same convention and it was a Daryl from Walking Dead Pop! Ride. \:D/
Sabrina AKA sahens04/BrassOctopus04
Funklub #8049
Funatic of the Week: September 8, 2022
First Pop!: Dark World Loki 36
ISO: Loki button from blind bags, Sailor Saturn mini, Haunted Mansion mini protos, Vanellope Dorbz Ride Proto, other Wreck it Ralph themed protos
:freddy1:

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:05 pm

Hi Freddy. Always good to see you pop up.

My first Funko item was a Groot Pop! I got from Disney Movie Rewards. In talking to a lot of other fellow collectors, it seems like Groot was a gateway drug into Funko collecting for a lot of us! Many years and Pops, Dorbz, Vynl’s and Sodas later, I am still having fun and always amazed and the range of characters that are made. =D>
Hi! I’m Eric

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:07 pm

First Pop that I got was Freddy from the block! (Cause songs are fun!) But seriously, I got my first pop way back at SDCC 2013 when I saw a Ironman pop and was sold hah.
Image ImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:20 am

Glad to see you back Freddy,

I will answer two questions because they go so well together. My first funko product was courtesy of a loot crate box. My girlfriend, who is now my wife of five and half plus years, and I were dating for almost 2 years when she ordered a loot crate box for Christmas. She realized pretty early on that I was a total nerd. The Christmas I opened the box and found a joker as batman funko pop. I took my first look at it, and I knew I had found my next collectible thing to collect. I have been a collector all my life, but after Pokémon cards I never found anything I wanted to collect. I saw this pop and fell I love with it. Then thanks to the new job she had found early 2015, I was able to go to sdcc 2015. That year mindstyle has off-site with Asian themed pops. I got a pack that included a Freddy, and I jumped in head first. 7 years later my collection is up to 660 items that I have done inventory on so far. It is a running joke with my wife. She can't complain about my collection cause nearly seven years ago she woke up the collector in me.

Thanks you for such an amazing ride the last seven years. The best part of this ride has been all the funatics I have met in person and virtually online through this board and twitch. I look forward to collecting till the day I die.
Last edited by nascar246788 on Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Collecting since 2014

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:03 am

Hey Freddy welcome back my friend!! Thank you for doing an update with all of us.
My first Funko Product I got was a Boba Fett Wobbler back in the mid 2000's. It was a Christmas gift from a family member. I have always collected things here and there, I started collecting Funko back in late 2016 early 2017 and found out that Boba Fett wobbler was a Funko piece. Once I found that out it shocked me and meant more to me. In the past few years of collecting I have made many great friend's and have had a lot of great memories I am so glad to be a part of the Funko Family. Thank you Funko!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:49 am

A big welcome back Freddy!!!
My first Funko product would had to have been Beetlejuice from 2011. Back then I was always hoping Funko would come out with more Beetlejuice characters like Lydia and in time my wish came true!!
Thank you for all you've done for us over the years and for making our lives more FUN with your products!
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

caziusclay

Postby caziusclay » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:15 pm

Nice to meet you, Freddy! Hope the past year and a half has been treating you well.

Share how you got your first Freddy Funko product.
- My first Freddy Funko product was the ECCC 2017 Dorbz, with the Funko-stylized Seattle SuperSonics logo from the mid-1970s til the early/mid-1990s. That was our first experience with Funko exclusives at the convention booth. Little did we know how much it would snowball into quite a collection and meeting some amazing people along the way, especially in the past year and a half. My partner and I love collecting the Seattle-themed Freddys and always look forward to the ECCC exclusive announcements every year.
Instagram: @djcaziusclay

evalicious25

Postby evalicious25 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:25 pm

My very first Freddy Funko was when I joined the FunKlub. I got him a few years back and then my Freddy's started to multiply! Not only did I get Freddy Pop!s but I also have minis, pint sized heroes, pins, buttons, shirts and vinyls! I can wait to see what other Freddy variants pop up!

Funko Funatic
Lover of all cute things
Never-ending search for the ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie!
ISO: GITD Zero, Flocked Snoopy & Woodstock, 9" Maleficent

Find me on Twitter and IG @evalicious25

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:24 pm

lol Hey Freddy!

Glad to see ya making your grand return! But, as LL Cool J would say, “Don’t Call It A Come Back!” We know you have been lurking out there. lol

What is your favorite thing about Funko Social Media?

For me this is quite simple. Funko Social Media brings all of my Funko family together in so many different levels. I have met so many people through them and they don’t even know it. They have given me the opportunity to interact with the people who love the same thing I do on a daily basis and they don’t even know it. They really are the heart and soul of the Funatic family!

SoVeryAverageMe

Postby SoVeryAverageMe » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:29 pm

The Funko product(s) that started my collection were some Mystery Minis back in 2014 (I've been racking my brain for which line I bought first, but I cannot remember. I think it may have been the My Little Pony ones?). I started more seriously collecting in 2015, when I transitioned to Funko Pops, and have been collecting (on and off) ever since!
Hi, I'm Zoe!

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:42 pm

My favorite thing about Funko social media is how they reveal unboxed shots of all upcoming products on an almost daily basis.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:35 am

BobbleheadFreak wrote:The product that started my collection with Funko was a Bobs Big Boy wacky wobbler that I saw at the Stage Nine store on a display that made Wacky Wobbler heads bobble , I collected Ad Icon banks and Figures and thought this would be perfect to go with that set \:D/ been collecting funko for 22 years and love the evolution and growth of the funatic family community from when I started :freddy2:

That is so awesome. I can't wait to say I have been collecting for 22 years.
Collecting since 2014

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:42 am

I want to say that the line of Pops that got me into Pops in the first place was the Teen Titans GO line. But I think the news that they were coming drew me to Funko, and I ended up buying a bunch of Breaking Bad Pops, like Jesse Pinkman and Walter White.

And I also want to mention, the Social Media Team is rockin'! They're bringing the fun to reveals and unboxings!
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:27 pm

Some awesome answers, good luck everyone!
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

odnar

Postby odnar » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:21 pm

happy to see your recent posts freddy! thank you for the chance at social media freddy. here's the question that I wanted to answer first.

- Which Funko product started your collection and how long have you been collecting?

the first funko product I remember buying was the 2013 sdcc exclusive metallic purple "evil" minion. I got all three minions from the booth that year but the purple metallic minion was what drew me to the booth and funko, primarily for his spiky hair (the brother later said it looked like my hair in the morning...hehehe). so that puts me at 8 years as a collector and counting! thanks for all the memories freddy!

Typale

Postby Typale » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:38 pm

So awesome to start hearing from you guys more!!

My first Funko product was In 2012 I believe! It was the Zapp Exclusive Brown Suit Wolverine Pop. My wife (then girlfriend) got it for me and been collecting ever since!!!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:37 pm

Valde wrote:My favorite thing about Funko social media is how they reveal unboxed shots of all upcoming products on an almost daily basis.

I do love how active the funko social media channel is with reveal unboxed shots.
Collecting since 2014

post31

Postby post31 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:10 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:Some awesome answers, good luck everyone!

I miss your musk
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

9fingerdevil

Postby 9fingerdevil » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:27 pm

I got my first pop at the poplife booth at the 2016 salt lake comic con it was daryl on bike from the walking dead line

9fingerdevil

Postby 9fingerdevil » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:28 pm

I got my first pop at the poplife booth at the 2016 salt lake comic con it was daryl on bike from the walking dead line

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:22 am

My first Funko pop was from San Diego Comicon 2015. I happened to come across a Vegeta and thought it was the coolest thing on the show floor. After that I noticed them around and couldn't stop myself from picking up any that I could. Keep em coming everyone!
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:42 am

Yay!!! So happy to see this post from you all! I'm gonna just answer all three lol. I know I'm too late for the contest but I'm going to participate anyway.

-My favorite thing about Funko Social Media has always been how approachable the social media team members are. Both online and in real life. Every Funko event I've attended, the social media team has always been down to chat for a bit and have always been ever so kind to me.

-My first funko product was a Wisecrack bobblehead of Yoda that says "Yoda Man!" and was a gift from my wife back in 2012. I love bad puns and I love star wars so win-win. https://www.instagram.com/p/RBm1iqINyb/

-The collection really started though when my wife gifted me a few pops in 2013. Alan & Baby Carlos and Jeremy Lin.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:45 am

Still here since like forever LOL!

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:22 pm

So who received the golden PM ? :blob:
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Typale

Postby Typale » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:00 pm

RogueSolo wrote:So who received the golden PM ? :blob:

Lol I wish. We’ll see soon probably!!
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:19 pm

Typale wrote:

Whoever the lucky person is.. Congratulations in advance ... Freddy is BACK!!!
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:29 pm

philipali wrote:
Typale wrote:

Right? I'm hoping for some much-needed board upgrades.
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:15 pm

ComicsZombie wrote:
philipali wrote:
Typale wrote:

Right? I'm hoping for some much-needed board upgrades.

I know 3-4 years back they were close in updating these forums where it was easier to share collections and upload images.. hoping that update is coming
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Freddy Funko

Postby Freddy Funko » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:05 pm

Hi Funatics! Thanks for all the entries! You've given me a lot to read! As stated, the contest ended last night but please keep on chatting! I'll be choosing a winner soon and again, the winner will receive a private message! Talk to you soon! :freddy3:

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:06 pm

Freddy Funko wrote:Hi Funatics! Thanks for all the entries! You've given me a lot to read! As stated, the contest ended last night but please keep on chatting! I'll be choosing a winner soon and again, the winner will receive a private message! Talk to you soon! :freddy3:

Thanks again for the opportunity, love seeing the board so alive again :cheers:
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

Return to “Pop!”