Which Pops Do You Regret Not Buying?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Azcat03

Re: Which Pops Do You Regret Not Buying?

Postby Azcat03 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:42 pm

The 2013 San Diego Comic Con TMNT set. I had just started attending Comic Con, and didn’t know anything about Funko at the time. Wandered into their booth and really liked the look of the set, but didn’t but they because I didn’t have a lot of disposable income at the time. Sigh.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:53 pm

lavery01 wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:I regret not buying all the Disney grails when they first came out. I remember saying to myself, why would I ever spend more than $20 on a pop???? Lol

My husband and I said this often when we first got into this fandom. Man for some of our grails, we’ve spent a pretty penny, way more than the $20/$30 we wish we would have spent to get them in the first place. Lol

I’m in a grail group on fb and it’s crazy to see how much everything exploded in value. Some people spend 5 digits on pops.
Collecting since 2015: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

FNSUITEFUNKOS

Postby FNSUITEFUNKOS » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:16 pm

rontonsoup wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:I regret not buying all the Disney grails when they first came out. I remember saying to myself, why would I ever spend more than $20 on a pop???? Lol

My husband and I said this often when we first got into this fandom. Man for some of our grails, we’ve spent a pretty penny, way more than the $20/$30 we wish we would have spent to get them in the first place. Lol

I’m in a grail group on fb and it’s crazy to see how much everything exploded in value. Some people spend 5 digits on pops.

I think someone even best 5 digits recently! I read a 6 digit confrimed sale for the willy wonka golden ticket 2 pack happened recently!

Mert24

Postby Mert24 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:21 pm

Man I coulda grabbed Flocked Gizmo like 7 years ago at NYCC at fugitives booth for 200 or so. Decided to wait a day and it sold and the rest is history.
:freddy4:

jondru

Postby jondru » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:29 pm

Azcat03 wrote:The 2013 San Diego Comic Con TMNT set. I had just started attending Comic Con, and didn’t know anything about Funko at the time. Wandered into their booth and really liked the look of the set, but didn’t but they because I didn’t have a lot of disposable income at the time. Sigh.

many of us didn't know Funko would become "this" ... :bounce:
Andrew

Azcat03

Postby Azcat03 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:34 pm

jondru wrote:
Azcat03 wrote:The 2013 San Diego Comic Con TMNT set. I had just started attending Comic Con, and didn’t know anything about Funko at the time. Wandered into their booth and really liked the look of the set, but didn’t but they because I didn’t have a lot of disposable income at the time. Sigh.

I had no clue that casually browsing through their booth would eventually be a thing of the past. I remember being able to pick up the pops and look at them, not just do a paper order and have the booth attendants grab them for you. So crazy how things changed so quickly with Funko.

Takit0

Postby Takit0 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:38 pm

I got into MHA late, so all the SDCC ones. I went through the booth but didn't know what it was.

jondru

Postby jondru » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:46 pm

Azcat03 wrote:
jondru wrote:

I had no clue that casually browsing through their booth would eventually be a thing of the past. I remember being able to pick up the pops and look at them, not just do a paper order and have the booth attendants grab them for you. So crazy how things changed so quickly with Funko.

yes, many moons ago
Andrew

TheNeck

Postby TheNeck » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:09 pm

I couldn't get away from all going on at SDCC, so I missed out getting SDCC bob's big boy across the street at Funko south. :(
Call me Roger(Rog) https://www.instagram.com/thenecks_funkos/
Funklub #4453
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:12 pm

Man this is a good thread. I must have seen NYCC Brook about 20 times at hot topic and didn’t buy it. I regret not buying that pop to this day
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

O_Dawg08

Postby O_Dawg08 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:28 pm

My regret was not buying the NYCC Mando pop it was up for so long and I just passed on it ](*,)

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:27 am

O_Dawg08 wrote:My regret was not buying the NYCC Mando pop it was up for so long and I just passed on it ](*,)

Same here :(
Instagram- calebshiny

comic book guy

Postby comic book guy » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:59 am

Biggest regret is probably not getting Hollow Ichigo from Gamestop. I also regret not trading my MHA Nejire pop for it when someone asked me to. I also should have bought the Mark Hoppus Blink 182 pop back when I bought Travis from Hot Topic but I'll still be picking him up soon.
:king: Mike

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:15 am

Definitely planet arlia vegeta when he was going for like $150 at launch
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel9:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:36 am

Xeverus86 wrote:Definitely planet arlia vegeta when he was going for like $150 at launch

I definitely missed that bandwagon!

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:01 am

FNSUITEFUNKOS wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

I think someone even best 5 digits recently! I read a 6 digit confrimed sale for the willy wonka golden ticket 2 pack happened recently!

I saw that too. The guy who bought it is active in some of the Facebook groups. Crazy to see how much money is spent.
Collecting since 2015: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

friskykillface

Postby friskykillface » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:57 am

O_Dawg08 wrote:My regret was not buying the NYCC Mando pop it was up for so long and I just passed on it ](*,)

I remember that sitting for the longest time
My brother bought it instantly because he was so hyped for the show, he knew lol

I passed on clearance cowboy bebop pops from a toys r us closing and still kick myself to this day :(
Hey, take care and have an awesome day.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:27 am

TheNeck wrote:I couldn't get away from all going on at SDCC, so I missed out getting SDCC bob's big boy across the street at Funko south. :(

The first day of Funko South, the person right in front of me got the last Big Boy for the day and I was crushed. Had camped out and everything. It was the only day I didnt have a SDCC ticket for and my only shot at Funko South. I begged Yoko to allocate just one more but she said her hands were tied. But she did give me Otto that was supposedly sold out for the day. So yeah, I regret not getting to buy that Big Boy.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:50 am

OG Power Rangers trio when I saw them in Hot Topic on a sale!

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:07 pm

rexflexall wrote:OG Power Rangers trio when I saw them in Hot Topic on a sale!

Always the worst when you remember that you saw them on sale and still didn't pick it up!

Instagram: whatthefunk206

zavanko_83

Postby zavanko_83 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:59 pm

Ghostbusters 4 pack SDCC Exclusive
Alejandro (Alex) Zavala
The United Funko Family (T.U.F.F.), PSW Funko Fiends

Events I have attended:
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FunKon2021
DCon2021
WonderCon2022
SDCC 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, (SE) 2021, 2022, 2023
FunDays 2022,2023
FunkoFunTV Pop Quiz Contestant Season 1 Episode 6

Image Image

:freddy1:

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:12 pm

NCDS wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
NCDS wrote:

I regret not grabbing all the Cowboy Bebop.

I passed on those at least twice at retail LOL!

I only watched the series this past year so it makes sense I passed, but if I could go back in time.

I learned the hard way over time when it comes to anime just get what you want because you never know when it will be vaulted
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:42 pm

CaliCollectibles wrote:
heymrosario wrote:I'd have to say I regret not buying the black light Carnage and Ghost Rider pops. I didn't think I'd be collecting all the Marvel black light characters, but here I am now - regretting it big time, but I could probably live without them... maybe! :-k

I feel you on that carnage. I didnt even make an attempt. Those were tough to get at the time too.

I remember when I seen carnage I thought to myself it’s cool but I’m not really fond of this whole black light thing and that was before I was fully immersed & accepting black lights boy was I wrong lol that thing just had no limit to it’s greatness
PopPChulo

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:26 am

Gonzo206 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:OG Power Rangers trio when I saw them in Hot Topic on a sale!

Always the worst when you remember that you saw them on sale and still didn't pick it up!

Oh for sure! They were probably like under $10 each with the sale!

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:02 am

PopPChulo wrote:
NCDS wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
I passed on those at least twice at retail LOL!

I only watched the series this past year so it makes sense I passed, but if I could go back in time.

I learned the hard way over time when it comes to anime just get what you want because you never know when it will be vaulted

On the other hand though if I bought every Anime just in case I might like it I wouldn't fit into my home.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:14 am

GITD Deadpool from SDCC 2013 I believe.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:28 am

NCDS wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
NCDS wrote:

On the other hand though if I bought every Anime just in case I might like it I wouldn't fit into my home.

LOL I completely understand that sentiment and it’s something that we share together; lately I just been trying to pick up things that I wouldn’t be able to live without or I’d be upset if I couldn’t get later. You know when it comes to anime for most of us; there are always some as well as some characters that are near and dear to our hearts and if we don’t get ahold of them we will be sad about it later tbh
PopPChulo

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:46 am

pberickp wrote:GITD Deadpool from SDCC 2013 I believe.

Oh great pop!

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:53 am

I heavily regret being at nycc and being first in line in the second wave for the funko booth and not buying the mandolorian and babe ruth lol

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:22 pm

I really regret only buying two Captain Spaulding. A friend of mine really wanted one so I gave him one. Hey at least I still have one :freddy3: :freddy2:

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:35 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
NCDS wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

LOL I completely understand that sentiment and it’s something that we share together; lately I just been trying to pick up things that I wouldn’t be able to live without or I’d be upset if I couldn’t get later. You know when it comes to anime for most of us; there are always some as well as some characters that are near and dear to our hearts and if we don’t get ahold of them we will be sad about it later tbh

Exactly, especially with so many characters. I go with the ones that resonate with me from the show and try not to be a completist on the shows.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

JJHODGE

Postby JJHODGE » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:45 pm

Baymax ... TEARS

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:21 am

NCDS wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Exactly, especially with so many characters. I go with the ones that resonate with me from the show and try not to be a completist on the shows.

Early on in my career that was my exact problem. As a collector I wanted to complete every single anime set for every show I was compassionate about. One day you just realize it’s counter intuitive and destroys your space lol it’s much better to just go for characters
PopPChulo

TVader27

Postby TVader27 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:11 am

The ones I regret not buy would be Hot Topic Glow Captain America, Super Shadow, Beavis, Butt-Head and Halo 4 Gold Master Chief. Should of bought them when I had the chance.

Haayheather

Postby Haayheather » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:06 am

I regret not grabbing the blue Heisenberg pop from Breaking bad when it came out. I wasn't yet collecting at the time, but my husband was, and there was a huge pile of them at Hot Topic. I told him "no, I don't want to start collecting". Once I actually started not long after, I wanted that one SO bad, but it was out of my reach. I was finally able to do a trade for one, but I could have gotten it for retail!
Baltimore, MD | Collector since 2015

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:02 am

zavanko_83 wrote:Ghostbusters 4 pack SDCC Exclusive

That is such a great one I can only dream of having now! \:D/
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:52 am

I do sort of regret not buying the Vault Boy Freddy Funko when it bottomed out at about $150. Fallout is one of the few series I keep a near complete set of.

Another was the SDCC Ochaco (Masked). I didn't get into the series until later, but I remember looking at it in stock for $30 a couple times but didn't think anything more of it. Later I paid $160 for her lol
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:54 am

BadEugoogolizer wrote:I do sort of regret not buying the Vault Boy Freddy Funko when it bottomed out at about $150. Fallout is one of the few series I keep a near complete set

I remember looking at so many Freddys when I started in the $150-200 range and wanting them but just couldn’t justify that kind of spending…. Now so many of them are thousands ](*,)

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:53 am

rontonsoup wrote:
FNSUITEFUNKOS wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:

I saw that too. The guy who bought it is active in some of the Facebook groups. Crazy to see how much money is spent.

I still can’t believe this sale, I think my husband is in that Facebook group, because he showed me the post/comments and I just had to shake my head. I had no words. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:54 pm

Any pop that I was on the fence about and decided against, I regret buying it when I see a picture of it. Even though I know I don't need it, I still regret it.

Return to “Pop!”