Which Pops Do You Regret Not Buying?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
icemanfan44
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Which Pops Do You Regret Not Buying?

Postby icemanfan44 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:16 pm

I have no spastik plastik Pops. That is something I regret for sure.

They Call me Bear!
COTM 5/12

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:51 am

The complete friends set (1st release) I kept passing them up
Instagram- calebshiny

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:59 am

CaliCollectibles wrote:I recently discovered Death Note, binge watched the whole anime, and I absolutely loved it. Had a chance to buy the pops before I knew about the show, but was never on my radar. Now they're just way out of my price range. #-o

They are some cool looking pops, maybe one day they'll do a new wave of them.
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:01 am

icemanfan44 wrote:I have no spastik plastik Pops. That is something I regret for sure.

Definitely not too late to get most of them, personally they are my favorite pops TBH. Love them!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:02 am

Katers wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:
So true, and well said! In the last few months, I've been lucky enough to find 2 of the pops I passed on and regretted - Avengers Thor & Hulk! I still have 3 to go to have the set, but I'm so much further along with it than I ever thought I'd be. So there IS hope, keep looking everyone!

Funny how those were so easy to get back in the day. lol Good luck on finding those, :) they shouldn't be too hard to find but I know of a lot of people that are seeking them too.

If only I'd been a Funko collector back then! It took me a few more years to join the best group around. ](*,) That's okay though, I can be patient when I have to be!

Patience is key sometimes! :)

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:11 am

Disenchantment and Bob's Burgers. I have a couple from each line, but not the full sets. Now the prices are kinda silly so probably won't finish those off.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:21 pm

There’s a few for sure but the ones I can remember are beavis and butthead. I’m such a butthead for not picking those up when I had the chance.
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:38 pm

Westlos420 wrote:There’s a few for sure but the ones I can remember are beavis and butthead. I’m such a butthead for not picking those up when I had the chance.

Ha what a great pair!

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:16 pm

Westlos420 wrote:There’s a few for sure but the ones I can remember are beavis and butthead. I’m such a butthead for not picking those up when I had the chance.

Lol same! I still remember that lunch break I took a trip to Hottopic and even picked them up to look at them. Then I set them right down. #-o lol A set I'll probably never own.
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:45 pm

CaliCollectibles wrote:

Lol same! I still remember that lunch break I took a trip to Hottopic and even picked them up to look at them. Then I set them right down. #-o lol A set I'll probably never own.

Oooohhh...I was lucky to snag the pair pretty early on. Even though they were for more than retail, I'm still happy with what I paid for them. I'm hoping they eventually make new molds so you guys can get them. I'm still waiting for a Cornholio variant of Beavis.

I think the pop I regret not picking up is Lion-O. I should've grabbed it a few years ago before it got up to what it is meow. He's the only one in the set I don't have yet LOL.
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

chester
Hall of Fame Class of 2009
Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Postby chester » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:54 pm

I was at Comic con the first year that Funko pop's came out. I bought the Batman and the glow green Lantern in a plastic bubble, but I didn't buy the others because I thought that the pops were just going to come and go. Upon getting home I opened the batman for my nephew to play with, and gave the glow Green Lantern to a fellow Funatic. I could kick myself now. lol I do however still have the Batman out of the bubble. Oh well live and learn.
Hello everyone! In case you don't know my name is Paul(Chester if your nasty)

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:37 pm

The Pulp Fiction pops when they were $20 to $40 each for the bloody variants.

BatLita

Postby BatLita » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:50 pm

So many Freddys lol - Plus - I really like Pops that Glow _ i regret not getting those
FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
FUNDAYS 2022
SDCC 2022
NYCC 2022
NYCC 2019
ECCC 2019
NYCC 2018
NYCC 2017
NYCC 2016
NYCC 2015

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:08 pm

chester wrote:I was at Comic con the first year that Funko pop's came out. I bought the Batman and the glow green Lantern in a plastic bubble, but I didn't buy the others because I thought that the pops were just going to come and go. Upon getting home I opened the batman for my nephew to play with, and gave the glow Green Lantern to a fellow Funatic. I could kick myself now. lol I do however still have the Batman out of the bubble. Oh well live and learn.

i can safely say that you probably aren't alone on this one...just hunch lol

islander671

Postby islander671 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:23 pm

There are soo many that I regret not picking up when I had the opportunity, such as the original Mickey Mouse and gang, Toy Story, and when i started to really collect I regret not buying the Kevin and Mr. Fredricksons house. I regret it because the only reason I didnt buy it was because it was too big at that time but now thats the only piece I am missing from the UP movie.
ImageImage

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:14 am

rexflexall wrote:
icemanfan44 wrote:Glow in the Dark Green Lantern. They were quite cheap for a while.

YUP wish I had this one!

That is one I wish I grabbed.

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:51 pm

chester wrote:I was at Comic con the first year that Funko pop's came out. I bought the Batman and the glow green Lantern in a plastic bubble, but I didn't buy the others because I thought that the pops were just going to come and go. Upon getting home I opened the batman for my nephew to play with, and gave the glow Green Lantern to a fellow Funatic. I could kick myself now. lol I do however still have the Batman out of the bubble. Oh well live and learn.

Oh man this one hurts!
Instagram- calebshiny

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:31 pm

dork_knight wrote:
CaliCollectibles wrote:

Oooohhh...I was lucky to snag the pair pretty early on. Even though they were for more than retail, I'm still happy with what I paid for them. I'm hoping they eventually make new molds so you guys can get them. I'm still waiting for a Cornholio variant of Beavis.

I think the pop I regret not picking up is Lion-O. I should've grabbed it a few years ago before it got up to what it is meow. He's the only one in the set I don't have yet LOL.

Maan i would live some new molds!!
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:25 pm

I'd have to say I regret not buying the black light Carnage and Ghost Rider pops. I didn't think I'd be collecting all the Marvel black light characters, but here I am now - regretting it big time, but I could probably live without them... maybe! :-k

Hey there, I'm Marc! (•◡•)
Collector since '14 • Photographer • Designer
Follow me on Instagram: @heymrosario

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:22 pm

dork_knight wrote:
CaliCollectibles wrote:

Wow the common Lion-o skyrocketed in price. We are due for new molds for sure.

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:23 pm

heymrosario wrote:I'd have to say I regret not buying the black light Carnage and Ghost Rider pops. I didn't think I'd be collecting all the Marvel black light characters, but here I am now - regretting it big time, but I could probably live without them... maybe! :-k

I feel you on that carnage. I didnt even make an attempt. Those were tough to get at the time too.

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:26 pm

CaliCollectibles wrote:
heymrosario wrote:I'd have to say I regret not buying the black light Carnage and Ghost Rider pops. I didn't think I'd be collecting all the Marvel black light characters, but here I am now - regretting it big time, but I could probably live without them... maybe! :-k

I feel you on that carnage. I didnt even make an attempt. Those were tough to get at the time too.

honestly, I was ready to checkout, but I backed out last minute. It was one of the first black light drop too... big mistake! I hope we get some at a reasonable price. Fingers crossed for the both of us!

theoriginalz

Postby theoriginalz » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:22 pm

life's too short to have regrets.... also i have a list of like 50 lol
First POP! - 2012
First Fundays - 2019
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
First FDO - 2023
I LOVE Gold Vinyl
The United Funko Family

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:59 pm

Lately I’ve been haunted by the DC bobble head chases I didn’t buy…I passed on at least 2 occasions.

yasowat

Postby yasowat » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:38 pm

BatLita wrote:So many Freddys lol - Plus - I really like Pops that Glow _ i regret not getting those

I remember thinking how easy it would be to get le400 Freddy’s, not the case these days lol

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:03 am

Nooklin wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
icemanfan44 wrote:Glow in the Dark Green Lantern. They were quite cheap for a while.

YUP wish I had this one!

That is one I wish I grabbed.

Still one of the greatest glow pops to this day!

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:46 am

Westlos420 wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
CaliCollectibles wrote:

Maan i would live some new molds!!

Which other characters would you guys like to see if they made new molds? I mean...we already have Daria, so we could have a whole set eventually :P

Would be fun to have Stewart (maybe with a chase of him hunched over spitting?), Mr. Van Driessen & Coach Buzzcut...maybe variants of Beavis and Butthead in their Burger World outfits (maybe as a con exclusive?)...would also be cool to have them as a "Movie/Television Moment" on the couch in front of a TV :P
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:12 pm

2011 SDCC booth figures. Walked right past booth, had no idea what Funko was.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:34 pm

mongoose12 wrote:Lately I’ve been haunted by the DC bobble head chases I didn’t buy…I passed on at least 2 occasions.

Those are pretty cool, but I never thought to get them neither lol

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:57 pm

theoriginalz wrote:life's too short to have regrets.... also i have a list of like 50 lol

Haha, love this :drunken:

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:07 am

conventiongeek wrote:2011 SDCC booth figures. Walked right past booth, had no idea what Funko was.

Not too many people did in 2011. That would’ve been a crazy sdcc year tho
Instagram- calebshiny

BatLita

Postby BatLita » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:37 am

yasowat wrote:
BatLita wrote:So many Freddys lol - Plus - I really like Pops that Glow _ i regret not getting those

I remember thinking how easy it would be to get le400 Freddy’s, not the case these days lol

You are so right about that! Pricing has gotten crazy!
FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
FUNDAYS 2022
SDCC 2022
NYCC 2022
NYCC 2019
ECCC 2019
NYCC 2018
NYCC 2017
NYCC 2016
NYCC 2015

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:41 am

theoriginalz wrote:life's too short to have regrets.... also i have a list of like 50 lol

I love your answer! lol I might have the same amount... actually... maybe even more! lol

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:27 am

Stat32111 wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:2011 SDCC booth figures. Walked right past booth, had no idea what Funko was.

This was when Funko was just throwing protos from their tiny booth back then!

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:38 am

Stat32111 wrote:

I did, but I had convinced myself that they were going to be a fad until 2013, so I regret that. Many missed opportunities by not jumping on the train earlier.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:49 am

The entire Breaking Bad series. I went for Walter White's and Heisenbergs and didn't bother to get the rest of the cast. Doh!

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:52 am

I beat myself up for not buying the Baymax, Muppets, and Sesame Street pops! I can remember them all sitting there at Barnes and Noble years ago, I'd always look over them!
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

yasowat

Postby yasowat » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:54 pm

BatLita wrote:
yasowat wrote:

You are so right about that! Pricing has gotten crazy!

Not even solely price related, the supply is so limited when compared to the large number of collectors after them.

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:16 am

Didn't know about Fundays until much later. Wish I 'd of known sooner.

theoriginalz

Postby theoriginalz » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:56 am

heymrosario wrote:

I love your answer! lol I might have the same amount... actually... maybe even more! lol

50 is a rough estimate. i'm sure it's far more lol
First POP! - 2012
First Fundays - 2019
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
First FDO - 2023
I LOVE Gold Vinyl
The United Funko Family

Return to “Pop!”