Extremely Specific Pop Collecting

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
PaleRiderOfDoom

Extremely Specific Pop Collecting

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:10 pm

Question:

Does anyone besides me collect some Pops using extremely specific criteria? I collect a lot of different Pops for a lot of different reasons, but one thing I collect, no matter the line are Pops holding cats. The cat can't be included with the Pop or be just a cat, but an actual Pop holding a cat. And it needs to be a cat...Simba is a lion...he doesn't count. It's totally an arbitrary set of criteria, but I love it and I have so many people who have pointed out the new Godfather and Lightyear Pops coming that fit the bill. I think I have them all (except that darn Analyst from the Matrix that I can't seem to find), but it is fun to hunt them down (and why there is no Sally from NBC holding a cat, I have no clue).

So...anyone else have a very niche and highly arbitrary collection?
ImageImageImageImage
Patrick from Central KY - Admin for The Kentucky Funko League of Awesomeness
Proto wants: Fallout keychains and Vynls, Dr. Doom (Pops or Minis)

mongoose12

Re: Extremely Specific Pop Collecting

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:37 pm

i like my pops with no paint on them...like that this one for example :hello1:

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:12 pm

PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:Question:

Does anyone besides me collect some Pops using extremely specific criteria? I collect a lot of different Pops for a lot of different reasons, but one thing I collect, no matter the line are Pops holding cats. The cat can't be included with the Pop or be just a cat, but an actual Pop holding a cat. And it needs to be a cat...Simba is a lion...he doesn't count. It's totally an arbitrary set of criteria, but I love it and I have so many people who have pointed out the new Godfather and Lightyear Pops coming that fit the bill. I think I have them all (except that darn Analyst from the Matrix that I can't seem to find), but it is fun to hunt them down (and why there is no Sally from NBC holding a cat, I have no clue).

On the flip side since I'm paring down my collection, I've specifically been only collecting the dogs that come with pops like John Wick with Dog, Kate Bishop with Lucky the Pizza Dog, Stephen King with Molly, etc. Does that count?
ImageImageImageImage

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:15 pm

That's pretty awesome lol I don't exactly do that, but I do try and collect any Pops that have chickens or the character is a chicken.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:34 pm

mongoose12 wrote:i like my pops with no paint on them...like that this one for example :hello1:

That is so beautiful! Someday I will own a Doom Proto...someday...
ImageImageImageImage

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:35 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:That's pretty awesome lol I don't exactly do that, but I do try and collect any Pops that have chickens or the character is a chicken.

Sweet! I like that.
ImageImageImageImage

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:35 pm

FunkOCD wrote:

On the flip side since I'm paring down my collection, I've specifically been only collecting the dogs that come with pops like John Wick with Dog, Kate Bishop with Lucky the Pizza Dog, Stephen King with Molly, etc. Does that count?

100%! That is awesome!
ImageImageImageImage

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:22 pm

It would have to be sharks for me. There aren't that many. D:

I know it's not super specific. But..it's all I got for now!
Melissa

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:34 pm

I like Spiderman Mini's in the crouching pose.
Funklub: 11181

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:58 pm

mongoose12 wrote:i like my pops with no paint on them...like that this one for example :hello1:

Proto Alert :tomato:
Image Image
ImageImage

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:33 pm

I have a little set of boxing POPs ;P

Off course the rocky set OG and the new set of the anniversary, but I also have Ali, julio cesar chavez and tyson and to fishing have balrog ( street fighter ) and the little Deadpool boxer ( mini mystery) hope I can add more soon.
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

0mie

Postby 0mie » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:59 pm

I guess I’ve got something like this, if Pop! has multiple variants I’ll only collect one of them; usually flocked or metallic, no sense in paying for the same figure multiple times :-&

My NFT collections zlyau.wam | wallet.dp | funatic.ftw
FUNKLUB MEMBER #1337

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:55 am

lol that’s a great line to collect
Instagram- calebshiny

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:31 am

I've heard of this with a couple of collectors, definitely the ones with cats.
Recently I went to Fugitive Toys and someone came in asking for any new Pops with a bow and arrow (like the Hawkeye set) and they were gonna be opening an archery range soon. I thought that was pretty cool since that was my first time hearing that.
I wonder if there's anyone that's got a ramen shop and maybe only collects the Pops that are eating noodles, like Goku, Vegeta, Naruto, Beerus, Whis, etc.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

0mie

Postby 0mie » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:35 am

aprilyoufools wrote:

Recently I went to Fugitive Toys and someone came in asking for any new Pops with a bow and arrow (like the Hawkeye set) and they were gonna be opening an archery range soon. I thought that was pretty cool since that was my first time hearing that.
I wonder if there's anyone that's got a ramen shop and maybe only collects the Pops that are eating noodles, like Goku, Vegeta, Naruto, Beerus, Whis, etc.

I don’t have a ramen shop, but I’ve got most DBZ ramen Pop!

My NFT collections zlyau.wam | wallet.dp | funatic.ftw
FUNKLUB MEMBER #1337

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:25 am

aprilyoufools wrote:

Those are great ideas! I think we you do something like this, it has to mean something to you in some way. We had a ramen shop close to where I lived and it wasn't ramen Pops as much as just food in general that they had.
ImageImageImageImage

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:26 am

0mie wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:

Nice! I have never watched DBZ, so I'm not sure why there are so many ramen Pops from the series, but I think it is cool.
ImageImageImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:51 am

Maybe not exactly the same but I will buy any Mando Pop where someone is holding Grogu. I only have a couple of the actual Grogu Pops but if someone is holding him? I am there for it.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:35 am

Wow, it’s great that you collect this way. We just try to be specific in the pop lines that we collect. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:38 am

Wow I'm not THAT specific! LOL

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:05 pm

I think as space has become an issue I tend to be pickier on what I collect
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:24 pm

I wish I had enough will power to collect like that :D ;-) :D ;-) :D ;-)
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:46 pm

tlaloc666 wrote:I have a little set of boxing POPs ;P

Off course the rocky set OG and the new set of the anniversary, but I also have Ali, julio cesar chavez and tyson and to fishing have balrog ( street fighter ) and the little Deadpool boxer ( mini mystery) hope I can add more soon.

I love that!
ImageImageImageImage

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:47 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I wish I had enough will power to collect like that :D ;-) :D ;-) :D ;-)

Oh...I collect plenty of other Funko items - it's just kind of a little subset that I love.
ImageImageImageImage

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:48 pm

scullysdad wrote:Maybe not exactly the same but I will buy any Mando Pop where someone is holding Grogu. I only have a couple of the actual Grogu Pops but if someone is holding him? I am there for it.

Nice! They ARE adorable.
ImageImageImageImage

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:49 pm

hpellot wrote:I think as space has become an issue I tend to be pickier on what I collect

Same...I was out and about today and kept having to talk myself out of buying Pops.
ImageImageImageImage

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:51 pm

rexflexall wrote:Wow I'm not THAT specific! LOL

I collect a lot of other things too, but no matter the line, if they are holding a cat, I have them. The bad thing is that sometimes it opens the floodgates of me finishing a set. That is what happened with the Dr. Evil Pop. I ended up getting the other three in the line.
ImageImageImageImage

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:13 pm

If I had the space I would definitely collect horse/pegasus/unicorn mounted pops. There are several across different fandoms and they're all fantastic. My favorites are Ron on his chess piece, Tina on the espresso pegasus, Valkyrie, and Deadpool. But again...space! Lol

I've seen someone with a pops holding mugs/coffee collection that was pretty cute.
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:31 pm

I don't encourage Funko collectors to get more specific than they already are lol

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:15 pm

I’m usually all over the place when it comes to pop collecting. lol
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:46 pm

I would get more stuff if I was not so challenged space wise
ImageImageImage

AkariK

Postby AkariK » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:22 pm

I originally tried to collect any flocked animal pops, but it turned out to be more expensive than I could handle...

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:06 pm

I like pops that have unique stickers on them, especially numbers, the lower the better... :D :D
JK!

Luckily I haven't found an attribute that I need to collect since I know how hard that can be a times.
Image Image

Mags

Postby Mags » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:18 pm

PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
0mie wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:

Nice! I have never watched DBZ, so I'm not sure why there are so many ramen Pops from the series, but I think it is cool.

Ramen's actually got a bit of plot significance in Super, specifically with Beerus lol So it really was just a matter of time before he got a pop of him eating noodles!

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:34 pm

This is an interesting idea. I had to think about it, but I think most of my motivation is character (or genre) based. I feel like I nearly went down this route in a few instances (glow, flocked, bloody), but usually abandoned the idea when it became too much or there were too many that didn't appeal to me
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:50 am

That is pretty specific, I have not gone that far into specific collecting myself.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:58 am

Thats pretty fun

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:23 am

Jade-Rex wrote:If I had the space I would definitely collect horse/pegasus/unicorn mounted pops. There are several across different fandoms and they're all fantastic. My favorites are Ron on his chess piece, Tina on the espresso pegasus, Valkyrie, and Deadpool. But again...space! Lol

I've seen someone with a pops holding mugs/coffee collection that was pretty cute.

This would be pretty cool! I don't collect any of the Harry Potter series but I always appreciated the one of Ron on the chess piece from Sorceror's Stone. These would all look great out of box together.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:30 pm

If I had the space there are more commons I may get
ImageImageImage

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:58 pm

Jade-Rex wrote:If I had the space I would definitely collect horse/pegasus/unicorn mounted pops. There are several across different fandoms and they're all fantastic. My favorites are Ron on his chess piece, Tina on the espresso pegasus, Valkyrie, and Deadpool. But again...space! Lol

Those are cool ideas...isn't there a Tina Belcher on a pegasus too?

I know someone who only collects Pops holding cups. LOL
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Pop!”