Extremely Specific Pop Collecting

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
jagpop

Re: Extremely Specific Pop Collecting

Postby jagpop » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:36 pm

joecolt wrote:
jagpop wrote:Wow, this thread is very very specific. Really cool collection ideas. I'm not too specific but I collect anything with a Batman Symbol.

In any condition?

Depending on how hard it is to find, it can vary. I have super mint ones and then some older ones that the boxes are a little beat up. Part of the aging process.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

joecolt

Postby joecolt » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:37 pm

jagpop wrote:
joecolt wrote:
jagpop wrote:Wow, this thread is very very specific. Really cool collection ideas. I'm not too specific but I collect anything with a Batman Symbol.

In any condition?

Depending on how hard it is to find, it can vary. I have super mint ones and then some older ones that the boxes are a little beat up. Part of the aging process.

Youre not one of those annoying box snobs though, right? just making sure

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:41 pm

joecolt wrote:
jagpop wrote:
joecolt wrote:
In any condition?

Not anymore. I just collect what I love. If I can find a clean box, great. If not, then it's coming out of the box.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

joecolt

Postby joecolt » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:54 am

jagpop wrote:
joecolt wrote:
jagpop wrote:Depending on how hard it is to find, it can vary. I have super mint ones and then some older ones that the boxes are a little beat up. Part of the aging process.

Not anymore. I just collect what I love. If I can find a clean box, great. If not, then it's coming out of the box.

*Screenshot* *Saved*

friskykillface

Postby friskykillface » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:59 am

Hmm thought this would be about specific genres/lines but it goes even more specific, that’s pretty cool
I know my friend only got the golden girls ones since it’s her favorite show and will only get those ones so they’d be perfect for this group

I will say that I thought about going for every iron man pop but yeah when you start later that gets hard to do, plus the convention ones means a big oof x hassle to get
Hey, take care and have an awesome day.

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:30 pm

I always try to pick up Pops that have Corgis for a friend who has a Corgi, that's about as specific as I get.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:37 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:I don’t think this is extremely specific but I go after a lot of yellow pops. Reverse flash, naruto, etc.

How could I forget about you and collecting yellow Pops? lol
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:53 pm

I feel like most of my collection is extremely specific based on only the characters that I personally connected with in shows, but I also feel like that's probably everyone and this thread is more for specificity within that level of specificity already lol
Image ImageImageImage

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:08 pm

I don't necessarily have a specific type of Funko that I collect (but I do enjoy the ones that are holding mini figures.
Image Image

"We come to this place for magic. We come to funkofunatic.com to laugh, to cry, to care. Because we need that, all of us."

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:30 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:Question:

Does anyone besides me collect some Pops using extremely specific criteria? I collect a lot of different Pops for a lot of different reasons, but one thing I collect, no matter the line are Pops holding cats. The cat can't be included with the Pop or be just a cat, but an actual Pop holding a cat. And it needs to be a cat...Simba is a lion...he doesn't count. It's totally an arbitrary set of criteria, but I love it and I have so many people who have pointed out the new Godfather and Lightyear Pops coming that fit the bill. I think I have them all (except that darn Analyst from the Matrix that I can't seem to find), but it is fun to hunt them down (and why there is no Sally from NBC holding a cat, I have no clue).

So...anyone else have a very niche and highly arbitrary collection?

For mine, the Pop! has to be holding the cat. Otherwise, I'd have to pick up the Hawkeye with the cat sweater.

Does the Pop! have to come with a physical cat or is a character wearing a t-shirt with a cat on the shirt something you collect as well? I was thinking about Tony Stark Pop! with a cat on his shirt.
ImageImageImageImage
Patrick from Central KY - Admin for The Kentucky Funko League of Awesomeness
Proto wants: Fallout keychains and Vynls, Dr. Doom (Pops or Minis)

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:07 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:I don’t think this is extremely specific but I go after a lot of yellow pops. Reverse flash, naruto, etc.

How could I forget about you and collecting yellow Pops? lol

I guess that's pretty memorable now lol
I was at work all day and missed posting for "Yellow" during the funkophotoadaychallenge :(
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Return to “Pop!”