Thor Love and Thunder!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Katers

Re: Thor Love and Thunder!

Postby Katers » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:19 am

lukeaixin wrote:Can we get a new GITD Thor please?

Seconded! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:23 am

funko_gtx91 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
swind15 wrote:After seeing the movie, I’m gonna need the goat boat.

With sound! lol man the movie was awesome, really enjoyed it. Think I got to have the entire wave of pops. There can absolutely be a second wave too, so many other variants that can be made from this movie.

Lol imagine the goat sound on that pop….it would be interesting to see what comes out in wave 2

I read an article today that said the goat sound came from the meme about the Taylor Swift song and the screaming goats. Not 100% sure it's truth, but if it is - hysterical! lol
Image ImageImage Image

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:29 am

Katers wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
With sound! lol man the movie was awesome, really enjoyed it. Think I got to have the entire wave of pops. There can absolutely be a second wave too, so many other variants that can be made from this movie.

Lol imagine the goat sound on that pop….it would be interesting to see what comes out in wave 2

I read an article today that said the goat sound came from the meme about the Taylor Swift song and the screaming goats. Not 100% sure it's truth, but if it is - hysterical! lol

That’s interesting I wonder how Swift feels about this lol

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:43 am

Katers wrote:
squidward wrote:
Katers wrote:
Eh, tomorrow's a week since it's been out. I think it's safe to put it under a spoiler tag, and people can click at their own risk!

My wants now that I've seen it (up to 7 now, my want list keeps growing):

Spoiler: show
DARCY
Valhalla Jane Foster
Valhalla Heimdall
Greyscale Thor
Greyscale Mighty Thor
Greyscale Valkyrie
Hercules

I like the grayscale ideas. Just don't make it as limited as some of those relatively recent DC greyscales. I think the multi pack was LE500.

I'd also much prefer individual pops than a multi-pack. Those make the displaying so much more difficult than it needs to be, at least for me! lol

Yea , also I think the multi packs always sell out and i can never find them
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:12 am

Katers wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
swind15 wrote:After seeing the movie, I’m gonna need the goat boat.

If they make it with sound, you know eventually the batteries will start to die and it'll randomly go off at unexpected times....like 3 am.

lol Yeah, I need that!

I have a “talking” wobbler that must have malfunctioned so the phrases that were loaded onto it stopped and it only played the first syllable of a phrase on a constant repeat very quickly. I had to lay it down a certain way otherwise it would “talk”. I eventually let it run its batteries out over a weekend I was out of town. No more “talking” pieces for me. lol
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:23 am

Also for the movie: I may be in the minority but I thought it was ok. I’ll rewatch it once it gets to D+ to pick up on some more jokes/Easter eggs etc. I might have overhyped myself but still enjoyed it. Bale was fantastic but I wish he could have been casted in a different MCU movie. The overabundance of comedy kinda made him feel out of place. Still worth watching if you haven’t seen it yet if you liked Ragnorak.
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:30 am

BigM wrote:Also for the movie: I may be in the minority but I thought it was ok. I’ll rewatch it once it gets to D+ to pick up on some more jokes/Easter eggs etc. I might have overhyped myself but still enjoyed it. Bale was fantastic but I wish he could have been casted in a different MCU movie. The overabundance of comedy kinda made him feel out of place. Still worth watching if you haven’t seen it yet if you liked Ragnorak.

i agree that it might have been overhyped. in the end, i feel like i was entertained got my $15 worth (honestly no idea what a ticket costs). what struck me most about your post was the bale part. if i had to say anything negative is that i think his performance was sort of wasted. he did an amazing job despite not being able to understand what he was saying sometimes lol.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:11 pm

I thought it was in the middle, but I do enjoy my Mjolnir popcorn holder in my office! It now holds Jelly Belly LOL!

Jessedtaylor77

Postby Jessedtaylor77 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:46 pm

Great movie. Definitely hoping for some good glow pops. Would also love a Love pop. Did u guys know the girl that plays love is actually Chris Helmsworth real life daughter.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:39 pm

Jessedtaylor77 wrote:Great movie. Definitely hoping for some good glow pops. Would also love a Love pop. Did u guys know the girl that plays love is actually Chris Helmsworth real life daughter.

I just read about that!

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:47 am

funko_gtx91 wrote:
Katers wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:

That’s interesting I wonder how Swift feels about this lol

Right? I'm just looking at it as all roads really do converge in the multiverse! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:49 am

S_E_R_G_I_O wrote:
Katers wrote:
squidward wrote:I like the grayscale ideas. Just don't make it as limited as some of those relatively recent DC greyscales. I think the multi pack was LE500.

I'd also much prefer individual pops than a multi-pack. Those make the displaying so much more difficult than it needs to be, at least for me! lol

Yea , also I think the multi packs always sell out and i can never find them

Multi the frustration! BAH! As long as we get them though, I'll take them in whatever form I can get!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:52 am

BigM wrote:
Katers wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

If they make it with sound, you know eventually the batteries will start to die and it'll randomly go off at unexpected times....like 3 am.

lol Yeah, I need that!

I have a “talking” wobbler that must have malfunctioned so the phrases that were loaded onto it stopped and it only played the first syllable of a phrase on a constant repeat very quickly. I had to lay it down a certain way otherwise it would “talk”. I eventually let it run its batteries out over a weekend I was out of town. No more “talking” pieces for me. lol

Was it a clown? This just screams (mumbles? lol ) clown to me! :eek: lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:06 am

BigM wrote:Also for the movie: I may be in the minority but I thought it was ok. I’ll rewatch it once it gets to D+ to pick up on some more jokes/Easter eggs etc. I might have overhyped myself but still enjoyed it. Bale was fantastic but I wish he could have been casted in a different MCU movie. The overabundance of comedy kinda made him feel out of place. Still worth watching if you haven’t seen it yet if you liked Ragnorak.

Okay as in "eh, it was just okay", or as in "I really enjoyed it, and don't care what anyone else says!"? Agreed on the D+, as my theater's audience was a bit...boisterous. Definitely missed some of the fun stuff. I do with Gorr's storyline hadn't quite played out how it did, and definitely would have liked to see more of him! I very much enjoyed it - it was exactly what I assumed it would be. A fun adventure, with some serious thrown in, and returning favorite characters that I was glad to see!
Image ImageImage Image

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:17 am

Katers wrote:

Okay as in "eh, it was just okay", or as in "I really enjoyed it, and don't care what anyone else says!"? Agreed on the D+, as my theater's audience was a bit...boisterous. Definitely missed some of the fun stuff. I do with Gorr's storyline hadn't quite played out how it did, and definitely would have liked to see more of him! I very much enjoyed it - it was exactly what I assumed it would be. A fun adventure, with some serious thrown in, and returning favorite characters that I was glad to see!

Ok as in I liked it but I didn’t love it. Maybe after my second rewatch I’ll like it more. Not hating on it because there were some jokes that I enjoyed.
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:34 am

Valkyrie is a hottie, I gots a crush!

Jessedtaylor77

Postby Jessedtaylor77 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:47 am

rexflexall wrote:
Jessedtaylor77 wrote:Great movie. Definitely hoping for some good glow pops. Would also love a Love pop. Did u guys know the girl that plays love is actually Chris Helmsworth real life daughter.

I just read about that!

I guess also in montage of Thor running and growing from toddler to adult the teen was Helmsworths son. I wouldn’t mind a toddler Thor Pop. Actually whole toddler avengers line would be cute.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:40 am

Jessedtaylor77 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

I just read about that!

I guess also in montage of Thor running and growing from toddler to adult the teen was Helmsworths son. I wouldn’t mind a toddler Thor Pop. Actually whole toddler avengers line would be cute.

That was a nice scene!

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:03 am

BigM wrote:
Katers wrote:

Ok as in I liked it but I didn’t love it. Maybe after my second rewatch I’ll like it more. Not hating on it because there were some jokes that I enjoyed.

Yeah, it had some good humor. They can't all be the best Marvel film ever, I guess! I definitely need to go see it again, my theater was lounder than I wanted them to be and I missed some of the one-liners!
Image ImageImage Image

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:14 am

It was a good movie just not as good as 1 and rangarok

Hauntslice

Postby Hauntslice » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:08 pm

MPF223 wrote:It was a good movie just not as good as 1 and rangarok

Definitely not! but I saw a tweet before going in saying just expect a fun movie not rangarok. It helped bring my expectations down and enjoy the movie. lol

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:15 am

Hauntslice wrote:

Definitely not! but I saw a tweet before going in saying just expect a fun movie not rangarok. It helped bring my expectations down and enjoy the movie. lol

they missed the biggest opportunity for a hysterical ending to the after credits im like out of all the jokes they set up for them to not do it was a let down

gastlecast

Postby gastlecast » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:31 am

movie was a let down to me but the pops are really great!
One half of the Gastlecast YouTube Channel
www.youtube.com/gastlecast
instagram: @gastlecast
twitter: @gastlecast
email: gastlecast@gmail.com

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:17 am

Let's all just be honest and admit that the Thor movies in general are among the worst MCU offerings...I get why they do the comedy but the only thing that I appreciated about this last one were the Guns N Roses songs and even with that they had to use one TWICE...Love Chris in the role but I definitely have NO desire to see another Thor movie

We NEED this guy to show him the way... ;-)

Hauntslice

Postby Hauntslice » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:12 pm

MPF223 wrote:
Hauntslice wrote:

they missed the biggest opportunity for a hysterical ending to the after credits im like out of all the jokes they set up for them to not do it was a let down

My girlfriend and I were waiting for it! It definitely was a let down. lol

TheerealJT

Postby TheerealJT » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:57 pm

Agreed. I thought it was watchable and entertaining but I’d never watch it again. Felt like it tried way too hard to be funny.

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:22 am

TheerealJT wrote:

Agreed. I thought it was watchable and entertaining but I’d never watch it again. Felt like it tried way too hard to be funny.

That’s what I’ve been telling my wife and friend and they are like your wrong and im like no I’m just not under the assumption just cause it’s a marvel movie it’s automatically good

TheerealJT

Postby TheerealJT » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:30 am

MPF223 wrote:
TheerealJT wrote:

That’s what I’ve been telling my wife and friend and they are like your wrong and im like no I’m just not under the assumption just cause it’s a marvel movie it’s automatically good

Yea I got a friend who has that marvel can do no wrong mindset lol

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:31 am

TheerealJT wrote:
MPF223 wrote:
TheerealJT wrote:Agreed. I thought it was watchable and entertaining but I’d never watch it again. Felt like it tried way too hard to be funny.

People are so clouded sometimes and stuck in there ways haha

TheerealJT

Postby TheerealJT » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:29 pm

MPF223 wrote:
TheerealJT wrote:
MPF223 wrote:

People are so clouded sometimes and stuck in there ways haha

Different strokes for different folks :dontknow:

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:14 am

Agreed I feel like Bale’s talents were underutilized for this role. Would be nice to see him as another character in the MCU.
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

Return to “Pop!”