Thor Love and Thunder!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
JCFun

Re: Thor Love and Thunder!

Postby JCFun » Wed May 25, 2022 4:22 pm

I honestly wish I knew more about Gorr, but I'm attempting to wait till I see the MCU version of him in the movie, so it makes it hard to decide if I should get the pop lol
Image ImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 25, 2022 11:24 pm

heymrosario wrote:I hope we get more movie moments from this movie! I love Thor's new suit! So vibrant and it matches the whole vibe of the movie!

Yes! Everything from this movie seems like it needs to be bright and brilliant colors, can't wait to see them! I'm hoping we get a lot of metallic exclusives from this movie as well.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 25, 2022 11:40 pm

lazcommalisa wrote:I wasn't planning on picking up Gor but after that trailer, I'll definitely be adding him to my collection. The black and white scenes that were shown in the trailer, hoping we get some cool B&W pops-a total throwback to the dark world B&W pops they did.

Agreed, B&W pops that match those scenes are a MUST have! :mir1: :mir1: :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 25, 2022 11:46 pm

vegasbaby98 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Valde wrote:Will we get a flicked too hard Thor? Put some of the 8 bit technology around the mid section.

We've had at least one pop that was 'censored', that I can think of - this one would absolutely crack me up! If I bought it though, I'm not entirely sure I'd display it! lol

I would - it's Thor! lol

That's the only reason I would buy it! lol
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu May 26, 2022 2:53 am

Katers wrote:
Valde wrote:Will we get a flicked too hard Thor? Put some of the 8 bit technology around the mid section.

We've had at least one pop that was 'censored', that I can think of - this one would absolutely crack me up! If I bought it though, I'm not entirely sure I'd display it! lol

Sure you would :P
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Thu May 26, 2022 10:34 am

Katers wrote:
heymrosario wrote:I hope we get more movie moments from this movie! I love Thor's new suit! So vibrant and it matches the whole vibe of the movie!

Yes! Everything from this movie seems like it needs to be bright and brilliant colors, can't wait to see them! I'm hoping we get a lot of metallic exclusives from this movie as well.

Oh YES! I would LOVE to see more metallic pops for this movie! Everything looks shiny and bright. Fingers crossed we get some more! \:D/

Hey there, I'm Marc! (•◡•)
Collector since '14 • Photographer • Designer
Follow me on Instagram: @heymrosario

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu May 26, 2022 11:45 am

Need a glow Mjolnir Jane FosTHOR!!

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Thu May 26, 2022 1:32 pm

Like how we got a pop for the Iron Throne, it would be great to have a six inch or ten inch of just the cracked Mjolnir hammer on its own
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Thu May 26, 2022 2:33 pm

JCFun wrote:I honestly wish I knew more about Gorr, but I'm attempting to wait till I see the MCU version of him in the movie, so it makes it hard to decide if I should get the pop lol

The run with him is an absolute favorite of mine. Jason Aaron as a whole did so much for that character. Never been a big Thor comic fan till then.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 27, 2022 12:44 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, alright, I would. But on a shelf high enough to be out of kid eye range! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 27, 2022 12:47 am

heymrosario wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh YES! I would LOVE to see more metallic pops for this movie! Everything looks shiny and bright. Fingers crossed we get some more! \:D/

I can't imagine we don't. Maybe sdcc or d23 exclusives? \:D/

I would also be ok with a parks exclusive too, and of course willing to help out my funatic friends if that happened!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri May 27, 2022 1:57 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, alright, I would. But on a shelf high enough to be out of kid eye range! lol

Hah, fair enough on the placement. You could also get creative and sew him a little towel to wear. lol
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Fri May 27, 2022 2:05 am

NoOtherOptions wrote:
JCFun wrote:I honestly wish I knew more about Gorr, but I'm attempting to wait till I see the MCU version of him in the movie, so it makes it hard to decide if I should get the pop lol

The run with him is an absolute favorite of mine. Jason Aaron as a whole did so much for that character. Never been a big Thor comic fan till then.

That's really good info to know. I'm wondering if they'll try to keep him around for a few films though. If he's that great a character, then I hope so!
Image ImageImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:19 am

JCFun wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:

That's really good info to know. I'm wondering if they'll try to keep him around for a few films though. If he's that great a character, then I hope so!

I hope so too
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Fri May 27, 2022 8:14 am

NoOtherOptions wrote:

100% agreed. Buy the trades and you will fly through them cause they are so good. Great writing.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Fri May 27, 2022 10:14 am

JCFun wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:

It’s not so much that Gorr is a good character, he is a good villain. But the story with young Thor, king thor, and current? Thor is so good. The way it interweaves and raises questions about what the heck happened. It’s just so friggin good. Gorr is just a great foil for it. Aw shucks look at me gushing

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri May 27, 2022 11:53 am

Bale as Gorr probably won't disappoint knowing how dedicated the guy is to his craft!

Mert24

Postby Mert24 » Fri May 27, 2022 8:53 pm

rexflexall wrote:Bale as Gorr probably won't disappoint knowing how dedicated the guy is to his craft!

I agree Bale should absolutely kill this role, I’d love if he signed on for more then one movie, I’m hoping we shall see how it plays out.
:freddy4:

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Sat May 28, 2022 2:07 am

NoOtherOptions wrote:
JCFun wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:

It’s not so much that Gorr is a good character, he is a good villain. But the story with young Thor, king thor, and current? Thor is so good. The way it interweaves and raises questions about what the heck happened. It’s just so friggin good. Gorr is just a great foil for it. Aw shucks look at me gushing

Haha, well the gushing makes it seem even more like a good decision to give the story a read. I haven't read much of any Thor though, so anyone here have a good suggestion on where to jump in if not with Gorr?
Image ImageImageImage

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Sat May 28, 2022 9:06 am

JCFun wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:
JCFun wrote:

Haha, well the gushing makes it seem even more like a good decision to give the story a read. I haven't read much of any Thor though, so anyone here have a good suggestion on where to jump in if not with Gorr?

Jumping in with Gorr arc is fine, it’s an easy transition.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sat May 28, 2022 2:55 pm

The Thor Love and Thunder Collector Corps box is up for order on Amazon. Per Amazon it ships between July 28 and August 06.
- tauntaunking on instagram

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Mon May 30, 2022 1:27 am

NoOtherOptions wrote:
JCFun wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:

Jumping in with Gorr arc is fine, it’s an easy transition.

Awesome! I will start there then!
Image ImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon May 30, 2022 2:13 am

opopssum wrote:The Thor Love and Thunder Collector Corps box is up for order on Amazon. Per Amazon it ships between July 28 and August 06.

Oh, now that sounds tempting.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 31, 2022 12:28 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Hah, fair enough on the placement. You could also get creative and sew him a little towel to wear. lol

I was going to say there's no point punishing myself, but let's be honest - if this gets made, it's a gift to us in any form! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 31, 2022 12:30 am

Mert24 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:Bale as Gorr probably won't disappoint knowing how dedicated the guy is to his craft!

I agree Bale should absolutely kill this role, I’d love if he signed on for more then one movie, I’m hoping we shall see how it plays out.

It would be awesome to keep a villain more than one movie in the Thor series. If Gorr is as awesome a villain as everyone is saying, here's hoping we'll see him around the universe a few times!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 31, 2022 12:34 am

opopssum wrote:The Thor Love and Thunder Collector Corps box is up for order on Amazon. Per Amazon it ships between July 28 and August 06.

lol I like their optimism! Seriously though - I like that the box won't spoil anything in the movie for us, can't wait to see what pops we get! Was hoping a little that this box might be a movie moment, but not based on the description. I still know it'll be awesome! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue May 31, 2022 11:05 am

Katers wrote:
Mert24 wrote:

It would be awesome to keep a villain more than one movie in the Thor series. If Gorr is as awesome a villain as everyone is saying, here's hoping we'll see him around the universe a few times!

Bale could be a Marvel mainstay cameo LOL!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue May 31, 2022 11:25 am

Katers wrote:

lol I like their optimism! Seriously though - I like that the box won't spoil anything in the movie for us, can't wait to see what pops we get! Was hoping a little that this box might be a movie moment, but not based on the description. I still know it'll be awesome! :cheers:

I almost didn’t add in the shipping info since Amazon seems to have a loot crate Esq it’ll get there when it gets these method of thinking lol

I am hoping it’s good it’s the first box in a while that I am thinking/hoping I’ll like what ever is in there.

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:50 am

rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
Mert24 wrote:I agree Bale should absolutely kill this role, I’d love if he signed on for more then one movie, I’m hoping we shall see how it plays out.

He's a great actor, so I'm all for it! We could use an excellent recurring bad guy, most of the Marvel villains have been one and done. It's always fun when someone pops up again unexpectedly to cause some drama or mayhem!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:53 am

opopssum wrote:
Katers wrote:

I almost didn’t add in the shipping info since Amazon seems to have a loot crate Esq it’ll get there when it gets these method of thinking lol

I am hoping it’s good it’s the first box in a while that I am thinking/hoping I’ll like what ever is in there.

Well, we know you're not to blame for the shipping delays, at least! lol I don't even blame Amazon or Funko for them, it's been hard getting a lot of things since the world went sideways! It's actually kind of fun this way too - you'll just randomly get a surprise on your doorstep at some point when the box shows up! \:D/

I'm really looking forward to this, the last Thor box was one of my favorite boxes EVER.
Image ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:32 am

Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:

He's a great actor, so I'm all for it! We could use an excellent recurring bad guy, most of the Marvel villains have been one and done. It's always fun when someone pops up again unexpectedly to cause some drama or mayhem!

He shoulda been in Multiverse of Madness as a cameo Batman LOL!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:20 pm

Katers wrote:
opopssum wrote:
Katers wrote:

Well, we know you're not to blame for the shipping delays, at least! lol I don't even blame Amazon or Funko for them, it's been hard getting a lot of things since the world went sideways! It's actually kind of fun this way too - you'll just randomly get a surprise on your doorstep at some point when the box shows up! \:D/

I'm really looking forward to this, the last Thor box was one of my favorite boxes EVER.

Me shoving boxes of funko cargo off a ship: and they never suspected a thing :devil:

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:09 am

rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

As much as I wish it could happen, I think the closest we'll get to that kind of crossover is actors that are cast in both universes. That has worked really well for us so far, so keep those 'crossovers' coming please!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:10 am

opopssum wrote:
Katers wrote:
opopssum wrote:

Me shoving boxes of funko cargo off a ship: and they never suspected a thing :devil:

Hmmm....which port? We could make this work for both of us! lol
Image ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:58 am

Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:

As much as I wish it could happen, I think the closest we'll get to that kind of crossover is actors that are cast in both universes. That has worked really well for us so far, so keep those 'crossovers' coming please!

I'll take the crossover!

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:55 pm

Rgonzo103 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Katers wrote:
I haven't had problems with their exclusives, but I've usually ordered them early. Shipping was good from them, too. Good luck, it's an awesome Thor!

I agree with easy to order but shipping is a hit or miss

Agreed, I ordered Wanda Maximoff and came perfect, then ordered 2 Morgan Stark and both boxes came dinged or ripped.

That is a bummer, looks like I will be giving offerings to the box gods.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:28 am

NCDS wrote:
Rgonzo103 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
I agree with easy to order but shipping is a hit or miss

Agreed, I ordered Wanda Maximoff and came perfect, then ordered 2 Morgan Stark and both boxes came dinged or ripped.

That doesn't sound any different from any pop order we make? lol Fingers crossed for you though, it's so nerve wracking wondering what condition your pops will arrive in! Nothing quite like that sinking feeling when you see the shipping box is damaged, is there? Though in all fairness, I've also had plenty of boxes that looked fine on the outside, and the inside still didn't come through perfect! lol

How far away are we now from the movie and the pop releases? Can't wait to add the new Thor pops to the collection!
Image ImageImage Image

Rgonzo103

Postby Rgonzo103 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:49 am

Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Rgonzo103 wrote:Agreed, I ordered Wanda Maximoff and came perfect, then ordered 2 Morgan Stark and both boxes came dinged or ripped.

That doesn't sound any different from any pop order we make? lol Fingers crossed for you though, it's so nerve wracking wondering what condition your pops will arrive in! Nothing quite like that sinking feeling when you see the shipping box is damaged, is there? Though in all fairness, I've also had plenty of boxes that looked fine on the outside, and the inside still didn't come through perfect! lol

How far away are we now from the movie and the pop releases? Can't wait to add the new Thor pops to the collection!

Can't argue there, but bigger companies have started using individual boxes like HT, Gamestop. With PIAB, my last experiences has been undamaged shipping boxes, but the Pops were shoved in together to fit, resulting tears.

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:05 am

rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
HA! Dancing Zemo I almost forgot!

I truly think we willed him into being, so now I turn my energies to getting us a Darcy! lol

Darcy shoulda been made a while ago!

Agreed! She's really popular and stands out in every scene she's in. Hoping it'll happen at SDCC.

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:08 am

I'm trying to scale down my collection, but these Pops are really tempting me!

Return to “Pop!”