Thor Love and Thunder!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
kappait

Re: Thor Love and Thunder!

Postby kappait » Fri May 06, 2022 5:38 pm

digithor wrote:
kappait wrote:
Katers wrote:
The closer we get to any of these movies, the more danger there is of spoiling it. Just with the pops, I already know more about the movie than I want to. And yes, it's a risk I'm willing to take so I don't miss out on something cool. lol

Haha I feel you! I try social media blackouts. But with SDCC and SWC coming it’s impossible. I didn’t want to look at SWC pop reveal’s because I was nervous they would have Obi Wan spoilers. I was relieved to see it’s all New Hope stuff. Haha.

Between sdcc and swc, can be a lot to avoid learning about before the events.

I never make it. But I try. Yoda would be disappointed with me!
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 07, 2022 1:47 am

kappait wrote:
Katers wrote:
kappait wrote:
Ah yeah I do the same I avoid trailers at all costs. They show too much now. Sometimes it’s like you’ve seen the movie before you get there.

The closer we get to any of these movies, the more danger there is of spoiling it. Just with the pops, I already know more about the movie than I want to. And yes, it's a risk I'm willing to take so I don't miss out on something cool. lol

Haha I feel you! I try social media blackouts. But with SDCC and SWC coming it’s impossible. I didn’t want to look at SWC pop reveal’s because I was nervous they would have Obi Wan spoilers. I was relieved to see it’s all New Hope stuff. Haha.

Oh goodness yes, it hadn't even occurred to me that Celebration might spoil something from Obi Wan! And here I am just happily clicking on tweets and photos of the Celebration announcements! ](*,) lol

Happy to say though that I made it through Dr. Strange unspoiled. Hopefully I can do the same for Thor!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 07, 2022 1:52 am

rexflexall wrote:I've watched this trailer half a dozen times now, can't wait to see how jacked Jane got!

The more I think about Jane, the more I want this to be where we get Darcy back in the Thor movies, and to finally get a Darcy pop! [-o<
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 07, 2022 2:16 am

wolfy233 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
That's a big possibility

I don't think the question is will there be any surprises....I think the question is, will the surprises make it here on time for the convention?? lol

Haha, I don't think they are gonna take any chances this time. Prolly making sure they get their shipments way early this year.

I'm hoping so, but I feel like given all the shipping delays and shortages we're still dealing with, we're not out of this particular woods yet! ](*,)

I'm currently going with the theory that we'll get all the cool things eventually, so it's okay! lol
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat May 07, 2022 2:56 am

Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:I've watched this trailer half a dozen times now, can't wait to see how jacked Jane got!

The more I think about Jane, the more I want this to be where we get Darcy back in the Thor movies, and to finally get a Darcy pop! [-o<

That's a good idea, now that I think about it they didn't do one of her did they?
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sat May 07, 2022 7:27 am

Katers wrote:

Oh definitely need that
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Sat May 07, 2022 9:38 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

That's a good idea, now that I think about it they didn't do one of her did they?

I hadn’t realized, but you right, they haven’t done one of her yet.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 08, 2022 1:45 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Not yet, and it's one of the great tragedies of my Funko collecting life! lol They really got my hopes up with the sticker in the last MCC box, but that can't be the end!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 08, 2022 1:46 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh definitely need that

If they can give us a dancing Zemo after we talked about it all the time in here, they can put a Darcy into the mix!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 08, 2022 1:56 am

dolphinax2 wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

The Thor line did a good job of giving us Asgardians, but not so much for the humans. We never got a scientist Jane Foster, or a Selvig either. Who knows what we'll get from this movie? (C'mon, DARCY!)
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun May 08, 2022 3:08 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Not yet, and it's one of the great tragedies of my Funko collecting life! lol They really got my hopes up with the sticker in the last MCC box, but that can't be the end!

Oh, the mcc boxes could have been a good time for them to release one. Nice surprise from those.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun May 08, 2022 7:16 am

Katers wrote:
dolphinax2 wrote:
digithor wrote:

The Thor line did a good job of giving us Asgardians, but not so much for the humans. We never got a scientist Jane Foster, or a Selvig either. Who knows what we'll get from this movie? (C'mon, DARCY!)

I'm sure we will get it eventually
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 09, 2022 2:09 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Oh, the mcc boxes could have been a good time for them to release one. Nice surprise from those.

Still plenty of time for it to happen. When better to give us Jane's BFF than in the Love and Thunder box? :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 09, 2022 2:10 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Katers wrote:
dolphinax2 wrote:I hadn’t realized, but you right, they haven’t done one of her yet.

I'm sure we will get it eventually

That's kind of my personal motto for Funko. period... I'm sure I'll get it (whatever it is!) eventually! And honestly, so far it's actually pretty true! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Mon May 09, 2022 3:58 am

Would expect to get some epic pops from this Movie... should be so fun!!

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon May 09, 2022 7:02 am

conventiongeek wrote:Would expect to get some epic pops from this Movie... should be so fun!!

Yeah I can't wait for it :bounce:
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon May 09, 2022 11:07 am

Katers wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh definitely need that

If they can give us a dancing Zemo after we talked about it all the time in here, they can put a Darcy into the mix!

HA! Dancing Zemo I almost forgot!

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon May 09, 2022 5:57 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:As a long time Journey into Mystery fan glad to see Thor's goats join the MCU and give rise to this fantastic Pop Ride.

I agree, I can't wait and don't usually get rides, but this one, yeah.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

FUNKON 2021

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Mon May 09, 2022 8:58 pm

I have lots of feelings abt Dr Strange in the MoM

All i can say is that im REALLY looking forward to Love and Thunder. It cant come soon enough!

iluvfunko88

Postby iluvfunko88 » Mon May 09, 2022 9:04 pm

All of the revealed pops are amazing! This is gonna be a great set. I want all the keychains and the ride pop is my absolute fav from the release!
ImageImage Image
SDCC since 2007, Collecting Funko since 2010

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 10, 2022 1:18 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:Would expect to get some epic pops from this Movie... should be so fun!!

Yeah I can't wait for it :bounce:

I'm expecting to see even more GITD that we've already had announced, and I am HERE for it! ;-)
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 10, 2022 1:18 am

rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Oh definitely need that

HA! Dancing Zemo I almost forgot!

I truly think we willed him into being, so now I turn my energies to getting us a Darcy! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 10, 2022 1:20 am

Lexi wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:As a long time Journey into Mystery fan glad to see Thor's goats join the MCU and give rise to this fantastic Pop Ride.

Same, actually! Rides take up so much room, I tend to avoid them, but this one is an insta-buy for me! :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue May 10, 2022 1:20 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Still plenty of time for it to happen. When better to give us Jane's BFF than in the Love and Thunder box? :cheers:

Maybe down the road then, just wait and enjoy the movie for now.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 10, 2022 1:23 am

Geescube wrote:I have lots of feelings abt Dr Strange in the MoM

All i can say is that im REALLY looking forward to Love and Thunder. It cant come soon enough!

You're in good company for that! I think the 2 movies will have such different tones, and I am really looking forward to that. Even just the colors on the pops show how different a feel these movies are going to have!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 10, 2022 1:24 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

I can be patient, despite all the evidence in here to the contrary! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue May 10, 2022 7:35 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

It's hard to be patient sometimes though
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Tue May 10, 2022 11:35 am

divade23 wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:I need to see the trailer now. I totally saw the pops before I got to see the trailer and thought I got a spoiler

Im excited for this movie. Im not a fan of the Jane Foster actress but all Marvel movies are great.

I Cant wait for this movie.
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Tue May 10, 2022 2:12 pm

hpellot wrote:
divade23 wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:I need to see the trailer now. I totally saw the pops before I got to see the trailer and thought I got a spoiler

Im excited for this movie. Im not a fan of the Jane Foster actress but all Marvel movies are great.

Its soon ya? i could google but ..... LOL i thought was not long after Doctor Strange. Im so ready!!
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue May 10, 2022 2:39 pm

Katers wrote:
Lexi wrote:

Same, actually! Rides take up so much room, I tend to avoid them, but this one is an insta-buy for me! :mir1:

Unique rides are definitely worth it but different cars can get a bit redundant.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue May 10, 2022 2:41 pm

divade23 wrote:
hpellot wrote:
divade23 wrote:Im excited for this movie. Im not a fan of the Jane Foster actress but all Marvel movies are great.

Its soon ya? i could google but ..... LOL i thought was not long after Doctor Strange. Im so ready!!

July 16th I believe, so no that far off.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Tue May 10, 2022 3:37 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
divade23 wrote:
hpellot wrote:

Thanks for the date update
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Tue May 10, 2022 6:47 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Patient, patience, those words are not in my vocabulary
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

iluvfunko88

Postby iluvfunko88 » Tue May 10, 2022 7:05 pm

Katers wrote:

You're in good company for that! I think the 2 movies will have such different tones, and I am really looking forward to that. Even just the colors on the pops show how different a feel these movies are going to have!

Agreed. I think (and hoping )Thor is going to be more like Ragnarok whereas MoM looks like it leaned more into horror. I’m going this weekend to see MoM and I’m excited.
ImageImage Image

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Tue May 10, 2022 9:01 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
divade23 wrote:
hpellot wrote:

Still too far but ill take it :D
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 11, 2022 1:18 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Agreed, but we are still quite far from this movie, so that's all we have at the moment! We can do it! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 11, 2022 1:21 am

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Lexi wrote:

Unique rides are definitely worth it but different cars can get a bit redundant.

Passing on a certain Marvel pop ride is one of my greatest Funko regrets, and I try very hard not to make the same mistake twice! So I'll definitely be snagging this ride, I would absolutely have non-buyers remorse!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 11, 2022 1:30 am

iluvfunko88 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Agreed. I think (and hoping )Thor is going to be more like Ragnarok whereas MoM looks like it leaned more into horror. I’m going this weekend to see MoM and I’m excited.

That's exactly what I was thinking, especially since Taika is directing L&T. He did a great job with Ragnarok. I also love that, from the looks in the trailer, he's going to keep expanding Thor's universe with returning characters! Korg for the win!

Enjoy MoM, it's a wild ride!
Image ImageImage Image

iluvfunko88

Postby iluvfunko88 » Wed May 11, 2022 1:31 am

Katers wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Passing on a certain Marvel pop ride is one of my greatest Funko regrets, and I try very hard not to make the same mistake twice! So I'll definitely be snagging this ride, I would absolutely have non-buyers remorse!

I did that with the splash mountain pop from Disneyland. They had so many and it wasn’t really selling so I didn’t get it. After that I just buy them because the buyers remorse hits hard! What one do you regret not getting?
ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 11, 2022 1:31 am

divade23 wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
divade23 wrote:Its soon ya? i could google but ..... LOL i thought was not long after Doctor Strange. Im so ready!!

Still too far but ill take it :D

Look at it this way - first Thor: L&T, and then SDCC! July is going to be an awesome month! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Pop!”