Thor Love and Thunder!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
opopssum

Re: Thor Love and Thunder!

Postby opopssum » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:38 am

Only 34 days till the movie comes out :bounce:
I'm hoping the pops start to hit the shelves in the next few weeks, I cant wait to get them on my shelves.
- tauntaunking on instagram

kappait

Postby kappait » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:21 pm

Katers wrote:
kappait wrote:
Katers wrote:
The closer we get to any of these movies, the more danger there is of spoiling it. Just with the pops, I already know more about the movie than I want to. And yes, it's a risk I'm willing to take so I don't miss out on something cool. lol

Haha I feel you! I try social media blackouts. But with SDCC and SWC coming it’s impossible. I didn’t want to look at SWC pop reveal’s because I was nervous they would have Obi Wan spoilers. I was relieved to see it’s all New Hope stuff. Haha.

Oh goodness yes, it hadn't even occurred to me that Celebration might spoil something from Obi Wan! And here I am just happily clicking on tweets and photos of the Celebration announcements! ](*,) lol

Happy to say though that I made it through Dr. Strange unspoiled. Hopefully I can do the same for Thor!

I’m sure you can! The force is strong with us! Haha
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:34 am

Rgonzo103 wrote:
Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:

That is a bummer, looks like I will be giving offerings to the box gods.

That doesn't sound any different from any pop order we make? lol Fingers crossed for you though, it's so nerve wracking wondering what condition your pops will arrive in! Nothing quite like that sinking feeling when you see the shipping box is damaged, is there? Though in all fairness, I've also had plenty of boxes that looked fine on the outside, and the inside still didn't come through perfect! lol

How far away are we now from the movie and the pop releases? Can't wait to add the new Thor pops to the collection!

Can't argue there, but bigger companies have started using individual boxes like HT, Gamestop. With PIAB, my last experiences has been undamaged shipping boxes, but the Pops were shoved in together to fit, resulting tears.

That really stinks, I'm sorry you had that experience. So frustrating! They know we care about the condition of the box, this isn't new information to anyone! ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:35 am

Greymom wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
I truly think we willed him into being, so now I turn my energies to getting us a Darcy! lol

Darcy shoulda been made a while ago!

Agreed! She's really popular and stands out in every scene she's in. Hoping it'll happen at SDCC.

I absolutely LOVE the thought of Darcy coming to us by way of an SDCC exclusive, but I also really fear the thought...what if I missed her by not getting into the booth? :eek:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:36 am

opopssum wrote:Only 34 days till the movie comes out :bounce:
I'm hoping the pops start to hit the shelves in the next few weeks, I cant wait to get them on my shelves.

I can't wait to see the movie so we know what pops we NEED from the movie! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:38 am

kappait wrote:
Katers wrote:
kappait wrote:
Haha I feel you! I try social media blackouts. But with SDCC and SWC coming it’s impossible. I didn’t want to look at SWC pop reveal’s because I was nervous they would have Obi Wan spoilers. I was relieved to see it’s all New Hope stuff. Haha.

Oh goodness yes, it hadn't even occurred to me that Celebration might spoil something from Obi Wan! And here I am just happily clicking on tweets and photos of the Celebration announcements! ](*,) lol

Happy to say though that I made it through Dr. Strange unspoiled. Hopefully I can do the same for Thor!

I’m sure you can! The force is strong with us! Haha

Well said! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:43 am

Katers wrote:

I can't wait to see the movie so we know what pops we NEED from the movie! lol

All of them?
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

squidward

Postby squidward » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:44 am

Don't forget there is a very cool popcorn holder available (like the orange box one for Doctor Strange).
It looks like it is very tall, but it's cool so I'll be sure to get one
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:55 am

squidward wrote:

Don't forget there is a very cool popcorn holder available (like the orange box one for Doctor Strange).

I hadn't seen it, but looked it up, and now I need it in my life! It will go really well with all the pops I'm planning on adding to the collection!
Image ImageImage Image

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:04 am

Katers wrote:
squidward wrote:

I hadn't seen it, but looked it up, and now I need it in my life! It will go really well with all the pops I'm planning on adding to the collection!

Don't get me started on my anger for missing out on the Dr. Strange popcorn box. They sold out first day by 3pm at my local theatre, the worker said. Grrrr, haha.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:47 am

Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Darcy shoulda been made a while ago!

Agreed! She's really popular and stands out in every scene she's in. Hoping it'll happen at SDCC.

I absolutely LOVE the thought of Darcy coming to us by way of an SDCC exclusive, but I also really fear the thought...what if I missed her by not getting into the booth? :eek:

Probably be a shared exclusive!

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:40 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:

Shared would be perfect, there is a better chance it ends up on my shelf.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:18 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:

I think definitely shared. In fact, I can't remember the last time a Marvel character was a booth exclusive. They usually like to get those out en masse.

squidward

Postby squidward » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:24 pm

wolfy233 wrote:Don't get me started on my anger for missing out on the Dr. Strange popcorn box. They sold out first day by 3pm at my local theatre, the worker said. Grrrr, haha.

Yep, same. I saw people with the Dr Strange boxes and I went to get one at concessions and they sold out with the first show. I didn't know they were going to be there until I saw them. But that Thor Popcorn Mjolnir is awesome.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:28 pm

I didn't even know about the popcorn hammer. I neeeeeed it!

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:14 am

wolfy233 wrote:
Katers wrote:
squidward wrote:Don't forget there is a very cool popcorn holder available (like the orange box one for Doctor Strange).

Don't get me started on my anger for missing out on the Dr. Strange popcorn box. They sold out first day by 3pm at my local theatre, the worker said. Grrrr, haha.

I talked myself out of that one, and I regret my poor life decisions now! I try very hard not to make the same mistake twice! How great will Mjolnir look with the two Thors side by side with it?
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:18 am

rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:

You think she has enough appeal for that? I want to say yes, but I also think Darcy is the best, so it worries me that they might make her a small production and then I have to deal with flippers! But I also just might be overthinking this...something I never do! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:19 am

NCDS wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:

Shared would be perfect, there is a better chance it ends up on my shelf.

Agreed, bring us all the Darcys! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:24 am

wolfy233 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:

I think definitely shared. In fact, I can't remember the last time a Marvel character was a booth exclusive. They usually like to get those out en masse.

I can't think of any Marvel booth only, but I can think of at least one DC, maybe 2, that were booth/Funko exclusive. Would definitely prefer to have an easy time getting the pops I want, even if I'm unlucky with booth selection. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Image ImageImage Image

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:28 am

Katers wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

I can't think of any Marvel booth only, but I can think of at least one DC, maybe 2, that were booth/Funko exclusive. Would definitely prefer to have an easy time getting the pops I want, even if I'm unlucky with booth selection. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Yeah, wasn't until this question did I think about that's been awhile since they went booth-only on a bigger ip pop. They seem to reserve those for smaller characters/ips so people don't miss out and they can reach the whole market. It makes sense.

friskykillface

Postby friskykillface » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:52 am

Darcy is long overdue, especially after WandaVision, she needs her own Lego figure too
Beta Ray Bill even though he’s not in the MCU would be a nice surprise if he’s in the movie but I think they’ll save him for later
Hey, take care and have an awesome day.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:23 am

friskykillface wrote:Darcy is long overdue, especially after WandaVision, she needs her own Lego figure too
Beta Ray Bill even though he’s not in the MCU would be a nice surprise if he’s in the movie but I think they’ll save him for later

Darcy as a minifig YES!

PotterLiu

Postby PotterLiu » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:09 pm

wolfy233 wrote:I didn't even know about the popcorn hammer. I neeeeeed it!

This!!!! Popcorn Mjolnir!!!!!!

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:15 pm

I agree with everyone that there needs to be a Darcy pop. I wonder if she will be in this latest movie.
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:28 pm

skillawashere wrote:I agree with everyone that there needs to be a Darcy pop. I wonder if she will be in this latest movie.

I think we have all just declared it so. They could hand us the pop as we walk in to see the film, or after for no spoilers.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:37 pm

PotterLiu wrote:

I had to look it up after finding out about it. It looks awesome.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:38 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
PotterLiu wrote:

I had to look it up after finding out about it. It looks awesome.

Definitely awesome
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:40 pm

NCDS wrote:
skillawashere wrote:I agree with everyone that there needs to be a Darcy pop. I wonder if she will be in this latest movie.

I think we have all just declared it so. They could hand us the pop as we walk in to see the film, or after for no spoilers.

I hope we get at least a tiny cameo. It was great seeing her in Wandavision.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:50 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
NCDS wrote:

I hope so too
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:17 am

wolfy233 wrote:
NCDS wrote:

I really was, I love the way the actress plays the character.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:27 am

wolfy233 wrote:
Katers wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

Yeah, wasn't until this question did I think about that's been awhile since they went booth-only on a bigger ip pop. They seem to reserve those for smaller characters/ips so people don't miss out and they can reach the whole market. It makes sense.

It does, and that's where I start to worry - is Darcy popular enough for a wide release? I'd like to think so, especially when she showed up in WandaVision. I think the question will be answered for us when we see if she's in Love and Thunder!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:38 am

friskykillface wrote:Darcy is long overdue, especially after WandaVision, she needs her own Lego figure too

Honestly, I need all the Darcy merch, no matter what it is. But I'll be happy to start with Funko!

Beta Ray Bill would be so cool to see. Maybe we'll get a surprise cameo from him this movie? Or an end credit scene? That would be amazing!
Image ImageImage Image

Marvelfanatic86

Postby Marvelfanatic86 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:32 am

Can’t wait for this movie !! Pops so far are awesome ! Maybe some future gotg pops for this movie would be amazing !
▪️Funko Collector circa 2014
▪️Pop Count 2000+
▪️Comic Con Enthusiast
▪️NYCC - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021,2022
▪️SDCC - 2019, 2022, 2023
▪️Fundays - 2019, 2022, 2023

RicoSabroso

Postby RicoSabroso » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:18 pm

Nerdfulthingz wrote:
RicoSabroso wrote:
Nerdfulthingz wrote:
We need a movie moment of Thor staring into Starlord's eyes!!! lol

Yes with heart eyes

Hahaha Right?! I'm on the fence about the movie overall from the trailer but I've had pretty high expectations for Marvel for a while now so I'm trying not to be disappointed. I'm sure it'll be good but for some reason it just doesn't look "great".

Its def the comedy relief of the marvel universe i will keep my bar low as well

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:26 pm

Marvelfanatic86 wrote:Can’t wait for this movie !! Pops so far are awesome ! Maybe some future gotg pops for this movie would be amazing !

Yes. Already ready for wave 2 even though the movie isn’t out and wave 1 hasn’t even hit stores yet. After seeing the trailers, seems so many more characters and versions to be made.
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

0mie

Postby 0mie » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:50 pm

I’ve yet to watch the other Thor movies…maybe a marathon is due!

My NFT collections zlyau.wam | wallet.dp | funatic.ftw
FUNKLUB MEMBER #1337

codytranum

Postby codytranum » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:04 pm

This is already shaping up to be the best Thor movie yet, a huge amount of potential for pops

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:42 am

I can't go to IMDB to check because I don't want to spoil any of the movie for myself....argh! ](*,) lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:44 am

NCDS wrote:

AMC exclusive pop? :cheers: Smeared with butter costs extra! lol
Image ImageImage Image

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:05 pm

Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:

AMC exclusive pop? :cheers: Smeared with butter costs extra! lol

Can I get mine without the butter?
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Return to “Pop!”