Stranger Things season 4

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Vertigo813

Re: Stranger Things season 4

Postby Vertigo813 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:13 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:Such a great season, even though the episodes were quite long they never dragged. I am glad the second part of the season is only a month away.

Everything about this season was *chef's kiss. Love how everything is coming together from previous seasons. I'm really curious about any scenes that were cut from each episode this season and any behind-the-scenes commentary. I like when they had "Beyond Stranger Things" for Season 2.
Very glad we don't have wait long for Volume 2. Also makes me excited to see what cosplays we'll see at cons for the rest of the year. Especially any that people are able to pull off before SDCC.

I really hope they have a robust behind the scenes after the season, I am very curious about the makeup process for Vecna. Seems like nearly all of that was practical effects.
Image Image

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:24 pm

billville wrote:I can't wait to finish this season...it's taking me sooo long to finish these episodes for some reason! LOL

I love it so far though. The story is getting really interesting!!

It's ok, as long as you're enjoying it, you haven't been spoiled (too much), or maybe you don't mind spoilers. It can be hard to sit down, watch, and really pay attention for as long as these episodes are when you got things to do. I know I'm gonna be rewatching before July 1st for any small details I might've missed.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:10 pm

Vertigo813 wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:Such a great season, even though the episodes were quite long they never dragged. I am glad the second part of the season is only a month away.

Everything about this season was *chef's kiss. Love how everything is coming together from previous seasons. I'm really curious about any scenes that were cut from each episode this season and any behind-the-scenes commentary. I like when they had "Beyond Stranger Things" for Season 2.
Very glad we don't have wait long for Volume 2. Also makes me excited to see what cosplays we'll see at cons for the rest of the year. Especially any that people are able to pull off before SDCC.

I really hope they have a robust behind the scenes after the season, I am very curious about the makeup process for Vecna. Seems like nearly all of that was practical effects.

I hope so, too. Even if it's a lot of CGI, it's interesting to hear their commentary & see how it looks like when they're filming and the comparison of various notable scenes.

RicoSabroso

Postby RicoSabroso » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:23 pm

Finally finished. I wonder if we will get floating pops like we got "upside down" pops

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:13 pm

RicoSabroso wrote:Finally finished. I wonder if we will get floating pops like we got "upside down" pops

floating is hard to pull off, i've seen so many cool attempts that just fail due to rod up the butt syndrome.

0mie

Postby 0mie » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:46 pm

RicoSabroso wrote:Finally finished. I wonder if we will get floating pops like we got "upside down" pops

I hate the clear stands they use for those; Superman has one & few others just takes away from the Pop!

My NFT collections zlyau.wam | wallet.dp | funatic.ftw
FUNKLUB MEMBER #1337

codytranum

Postby codytranum » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:08 pm

Ahhhh I need to finish Volume 1 already lol

cnote424

Postby cnote424 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:18 pm

i might be done with this show lol
Image Image Image

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:43 pm

Stragon wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
Stragon wrote:
My mom pointed out all the different things she grew up with then that they had on the show.
I was very happy when they said Volume 2 would be July 1.

Same glad it's only a month away. I felt the same with ozark and was blind sided that they were doing part 2. Had to wait a few months for that one. Glad this one is shorter.

You and me both, glad it isn't far away, I can live with a month, especially while waiting for Fundays news.

Yeah, exiting 2 months ahead of us. Planning for all the festivities and Stranger Things. Can't get any better than that
iso: marvin the martian dorbz 9"
marvin the martian whacky wobbler 20"

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:23 am

Stragon wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
willy wonka wrote:Great season so far. Episodes are too long but I am still enjoying it.

A few of them seemed long in the tooth but at least it's not rushed!

When it is a good show, I'll take longer episodes vs rushed ones. This season is just so good.

Some good turns for sure!

billville

Postby billville » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:44 am

aprilyoufools wrote:
billville wrote:I can't wait to finish this season...it's taking me sooo long to finish these episodes for some reason! LOL

I love it so far though. The story is getting really interesting!!

It's ok, as long as you're enjoying it, you haven't been spoiled (too much), or maybe you don't mind spoilers. It can be hard to sit down, watch, and really pay attention for as long as these episodes are when you got things to do. I know I'm gonna be rewatching before July 1st for any small details I might've missed.

Yup, that's exactly the issue...I have so any things to do throughout the day it makes hard to sit still for an hour or so, and thankfully so far I have not been spoiled!! :D

ST fans are the best, as I've never been spoiled so far :freddy2:
Hey everyone, I'm Billy and have been collecting for 7 years now :freddy3:

Pop Count: 1,100+
Instagram: @collectiBILLY

Image Image

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:05 pm

FireFist wrote:
Stragon wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
It's gonna be a Battle Royale! LOL

Yes, I can't wait for volume 2, going to be epic.

Volume 1 has already surpassed my expectations for this season, Volume 2 is going to be so good! :D

Pt. 1 surpassed my expectations for the series. Definitely best season so far. Can't freakin wait for Pt.2 and the final season. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:17 pm

Is it me or does anyone else feel that this season should end like Avengers: Infinity War. :-k :-k :-k Not everyone turning to dust, but something big, really big happening. Like Eleven dying. Or Mikey and Will turning into monsters. ;-) ;-) ;-) With the next season being the last, I feel that this season should end very emotional. IMO
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:45 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Is it me or does anyone else feel that this season should end like Avengers: Infinity War. :-k :-k :-k Not everyone turning to dust, but something big, really big happening. Like Eleven dying. Or Mikey and Will turning into monsters. ;-) ;-) ;-) With the next season being the last, I feel that this season should end very emotional. IMO

I did read something along those lines about people dying. You feel so vested in the characters that you hate the thought of any of them dying.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:50 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Stragon wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

When it is a good show, I'll take longer episodes vs rushed ones. This season is just so good.

Yes, I can't wait to see what these last 2 episodes are going to bring, and have very high expectations for the last season.
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:53 pm

Stragon wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:Is it me or does anyone else feel that this season should end like Avengers: Infinity War. :-k :-k :-k Not everyone turning to dust, but something big, really big happening. Like Eleven dying. Or Mikey and Will turning into monsters. ;-) ;-) ;-) With the next season being the last, I feel that this season should end very emotional. IMO

I did read something along those lines about people dying. You feel so vested in the characters that you hate the thought of any of them dying.

OOOOOOOOOOOO snap! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:27 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Imagery wrote:In spite of the longer episodes, I really enjoyed this season/volume. They've all grown so much. The evolution of their friendships was a highlight and Eddie is a great new character — I really enjoy his energy

I just started watching and I love it

It feels like a more engaging start then previous seasons too
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:39 pm

Lots of content for @NetflixGeeked Week (Day 4) on Twitter -- https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked
Season 4 Volume 1 after-show and Finn Wolfhard, Gaten Matarazzo, Priah Ferguson, and Joseph Quinn playing D&D

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:40 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
Stragon wrote:

Oops, I shouldn't have said anything, but I love all the characters, even the new ones, though that Jason Carver character, I see a future preacher in that guy lol :roflmao:
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:52 pm

Imagery wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Imagery wrote:In spite of the longer episodes, I really enjoyed this season/volume. They've all grown so much. The evolution of their friendships was a highlight and Eddie is a great new character — I really enjoy his energy

I just started watching and I love it

I agree, so it makes me sad that next season is its last, even though I understand we are fortunate to get one more season, that this was suppose to be the last season, but it really feels they have really got all the components finally all in sync, so I'd love a few more seasons.
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:57 pm

Stragon wrote:
Stragon wrote:

Oops, I shouldn't have said anything, but I love all the characters, even the new ones, though that Jason Carver character, I see a future preacher in that guy lol :roflmao:

I definitely get that sense of impending doom and there's theories out there (at least on Twitter).
Still continuing to root for Steve. He really turned things around after Season 1 to become such a lovable and beloved character and the best babysitter. Definitely feel so invested in the characters and seeing their character development has been fun.

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:13 pm

Stragon wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:I just started watching and I love it

I agree, so it makes me sad that next season is its last, even though I understand we are fortunate to get one more season, that this was suppose to be the last season, but it really feels they have really got all the components finally all in sync, so I'd love a few more seasons.

Everything's coming together really nicely. Curious how many and how long the episodes are gonna be for the final season for the storytelling and character development. As much as few more seasons would be nice, I wouldn't wanna see the quality diminish and actors leaving the show, changing the show's landscape.

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:18 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Stragon wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

The Chapter 7 episode had some surprise twist for sure. Can’t wait til July and volume 2
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:20 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Stragon wrote:

The Chapter 7 episode had some surprise twist for sure. Can’t wait til July and volume 2

Everyday is bringing us a day closer lol
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:07 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:
Stragon wrote:
Imagery wrote:It feels like a more engaging start then previous seasons too

Everything's coming together really nicely. Curious how many and how long the episodes are gonna be for the final season for the storytelling and character development. As much as few more seasons would be nice, I wouldn't wanna see the quality diminish and actors leaving the show, changing the show's landscape.

Yeah, I think they're calling it at the right time. The kids are going to outgrow the show, so better to to call it before they need to start trying to replace them or give lame explanations for their absence.
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

darla5254

Postby darla5254 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:14 pm

Imagery wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:
Stragon wrote:I agree, so it makes me sad that next season is its last, even though I understand we are fortunate to get one more season, that this was suppose to be the last season, but it really feels they have really got all the components finally all in sync, so I'd love a few more seasons.

Yeah, I think they're calling it at the right time. The kids are going to outgrow the show, so better to to call it before they need to start trying to replace them or give lame explanations for their absence.

thats what me and my husband said when we saw the cast again. We were like they looks so old now from the last season.

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:51 pm

Just finished first half of the final season, definitely feels like it's finishing strong! Great show, obviously cant continue, at least with this cast unless they did like it Saved By the Bell style, "Stranger Things: the Collège Years"! But such a shame to have to say goodbye!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:31 pm

Brutesquad wrote:But such a shame to have to say goodbye!

better to end it while it's good rather than ruin a show by dragging it on longer than the story allows.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:32 pm

Brutesquad wrote:Just finished first half of the final season, definitely feels like it's finishing strong! Great show, obviously cant continue, at least with this cast unless they did like it Saved By the Bell style, "Stranger Things: the Collège Years"! But such a shame to have to say goodbye!

Stranger Things: The College Years :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: That's awesome.

PotterLiu

Postby PotterLiu » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:36 pm

darla5254 wrote:
Imagery wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:Everything's coming together really nicely. Curious how many and how long the episodes are gonna be for the final season for the storytelling and character development. As much as few more seasons would be nice, I wouldn't wanna see the quality diminish and actors leaving the show, changing the show's landscape.

thats what me and my husband said when we saw the cast again. We were like they looks so old now from the last season.

It’s the Harry Pottery effect lol

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:38 pm

Mr Yac wrote:

better to end it while it's good rather than ruin a show by dragging it on longer than the story allows.

or while they still look pretty young. I can't wait to see "Stranger Things: Mid-Life Crisis" lol
Abel H 3 :freddy2:
The United Funko Family

-Funkowood (Funko Hollywood) Grand Opening
-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-SDCC-Special Edition 2021- Pop! Quiz - Auditions (Rejected)
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023
-Camp Fundays 2023 (Sandwich survivor!)

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:57 pm

Mr Yac wrote:

I think everything is coming along as planned back by the Duffer brothers in 2015 when they pitched the show, they wanted it to be 4-5 seasons and they already knew how the show would end when they started it, glad they're staying true to their vision
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:35 pm

FunkoBurro3 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

or while they still look pretty young. I can't wait to see "Stranger Things: Mid-Life Crisis" lol

They can follow in the steps of Saved by the Bell — when they're in their 30s, the can do The College Years

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:36 pm

Brutesquad wrote:Just finished first half of the final season, definitely feels like it's finishing strong! Great show, obviously cant continue, at least with this cast unless they did like it Saved By the Bell style, "Stranger Things: the Collège Years"! But such a shame to have to say goodbye!

Stranger Things: The College Years :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: That's awesome.

Haha, just made this joke too entirely without seeing this lol

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:47 pm

Imagery wrote:

Haha, just made this joke too entirely without seeing this lol

OMG haunted co-ed dorms and study rooms? Hard pass, haha lol

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:40 pm

Imagery wrote:
FunkoBurro3 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:better to end it while it's good rather than ruin a show by dragging it on longer than the story allows.

They can follow in the steps of Saved by the Bell — when they're in their 30s, the can do The College Years

Oooo never thought of that aspect lol
I think they can get away with college years
Maybe graduation and that’s the “fin”
The United Funko Family

-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:57 pm

FunkoBurro3 wrote:
Imagery wrote:
FunkoBurro3 wrote:or while they still look pretty young. I can't wait to see "Stranger Things: Mid-Life Crisis" lol

Until they run out of ideas and circle back lol

friskykillface

Postby friskykillface » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:13 pm

The time skip is needed badly and yeah it does deserve to end for good in the next season
It’s been a great ride and I can’t wait for part 2
Apparently they’re still filming and reshooting scenes, hmm maybe last minute surviving/deaths getting switched
Hey, take care and have an awesome day.

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:39 am

Imagery wrote:
FunkoBurro3 wrote:
Imagery wrote:They can follow in the steps of Saved by the Bell — when they're in their 30s, the can do The College Years

Until they run out of ideas and circle back lol

Or you see them as parents and their kids going through the upside down.
I’m sure the stranger things mini figures would be too much at that point
The United Funko Family

-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:41 am

VOLUME 2 TRAILER MY BODY IS READYYYYY 4 DISSSSSS

Return to “Pop!”