Star Wars Celebration 2022 Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
comic book guy

Re: Star Wars Celebration 2022 Pops!

Postby comic book guy » Thu May 26, 2022 6:03 pm

Man that GITD Obi Wan is cool! Wish I was there but hope all you fellow funatics attending have a blast!!!
:king: Mike

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri May 27, 2022 9:04 am

Online checkout was a breeze! Got Luke and Boba Sodas, McQuarrie Vader, and a Jurassic World mini for free shipping. Success!
Last edited by RogueSolo on Fri May 27, 2022 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

Warren8525

Postby Warren8525 » Fri May 27, 2022 9:05 am

Surprisingly easy to order this morning on Funko site. No queue and only Concept Darth sold out as of this moment.

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Fri May 27, 2022 9:36 am

wolfy233 wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:
renardchua wrote:Looks like the Luke Soda and 5-pack didn’t make it in time for the Con.

Also, noticed that the shirt is not listed anymore - and upon checking Funko’s social (posts as well as the blog) is seems like the removed it there as well. Perhaps - it was not approved?

I saw that and was super bummed since that's my top want from the con. I'll wake up at 6 AM to double check the Funko shop for a possible surprise drop.

Was wondering about this too, dang. It looks like so much didn't make it to con in time, too. Wonder if it's the good ol' supply chain at it again.

Woke up early and didn't see the shirt. No biggie bc it'll probably get released later on.

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Fri May 27, 2022 9:38 am

Warren8525 wrote:Surprisingly easy to order this morning on Funko site. No queue and only Concept Darth sold out as of this moment.

Yup pretty surprised that I managed to get both sodas and I'm super happy with them!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Fri May 27, 2022 9:40 am

Rantt wrote:
Warren8525 wrote:Surprisingly easy to order this morning on Funko site. No queue and only Concept Darth sold out as of this moment.

Yup pretty surprised that I managed to get both sodas and I'm super happy with them!

Yayyyyyy!!! Glad to hear this was a smooth transaction! Congrats to everyone and their pick ups \:D/

sirwindu

Postby sirwindu » Fri May 27, 2022 10:32 am

The five pack is sweet, one base!

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Fri May 27, 2022 10:56 am

lazcommalisa wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:
I saw that and was super bummed since that's my top want from the con. I'll wake up at 6 AM to double check the Funko shop for a possible surprise drop.

Was wondering about this too, dang. It looks like so much didn't make it to con in time, too. Wonder if it's the good ol' supply chain at it again.

Woke up early and didn't see the shirt. No biggie bc it'll probably get released later on.

Heard from some folks that the shirt design was not approved, thus, it was not released anymore.

P.S. Happy to snag the R2D2 Loungefly bundle this morning! :)
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Fri May 27, 2022 11:01 am

Happy I got to grab the sodas pain free :-D

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Fri May 27, 2022 11:45 am

renardchua wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

Heard from some folks that the shirt design was not approved, thus, it was not released anymore.

That’s unfortunate to hear. I really liked the shirt design.

Congrats on snagging the R2D2 bundle.
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri May 27, 2022 11:51 am

NoOtherOptions wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
I was reading a lot of folks are pulling out of going to SW Celebration, there's so many passes for sale at discounted rates!

I am seeing people selling 4 day passes for next to nothing. Wondering why so many people are deciding not to make the trip? Selfishly, I would love for it to be leas crowded but I do want it to be a successful event as well.

Anyone have a theory why people who have held onto their tickets for two years are now bailing?

Purely speculation, I’d say it’s not a strong programming block. No movies coming so folks don’t care? Although Disney plus has ALOT coming. I’d also say maybe with a turning economy people are limiting discretionary spending? Idk. Celebration never particularly drew me in and I’m a massive Star Wars nerd.

True I'm a SW fan as well, but really I'm born in 78 so the original trilogy has my heart strings. With none of the OG cast attending this year, I was not as excited to get the logistics going to get there. Costs too were a factor!

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Fri May 27, 2022 12:25 pm

Pretty easy checkout. Was able to get a backpack and both sodas. Hope everyone got what they wanted!
ImageImageImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri May 27, 2022 12:43 pm

Missed out on R2 and the backpack!

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Fri May 27, 2022 2:28 pm

While I was checking out I was having some issues with my card (early morning mistyping I think) and the Loungefly Bag and Pop sold out on me in cart. Hopped on Loungefly.com and Boom! Checkoutcity!
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Fri May 27, 2022 3:11 pm

I am so happy that everyone was able to get what they needed pretty easily.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Sat May 28, 2022 9:09 am

rexflexall wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
I am seeing people selling 4 day passes for next to nothing. Wondering why so many people are deciding not to make the trip? Selfishly, I would love for it to be leas crowded but I do want it to be a successful event as well.

Anyone have a theory why people who have held onto their tickets for two years are now bailing?

Purely speculation, I’d say it’s not a strong programming block. No movies coming so folks don’t care? Although Disney plus has ALOT coming. I’d also say maybe with a turning economy people are limiting discretionary spending? Idk. Celebration never particularly drew me in and I’m a massive Star Wars nerd.

True I'm a SW fan as well, but really I'm born in 78 so the original trilogy has my heart strings. With none of the OG cast attending this year, I was not as excited to get the logistics going to get there. Costs too were a factor!

The problem for me was always that Star Wars itself never get like a property big enough for its own con. Feels like a lot of stretching and filler. The special days at Disney I think are smart but I can go to Disney whenever I want. To me a regular con like SDCC, ECCC, NYCC, offer more varied programming. Just my own preference though I’ll check out Celebration someday.

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Sat May 28, 2022 10:18 am

renardchua wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

I heard that too! Bummer but totally understand. Congrats on the bundle \:D/ that Loungefly is such a creative one

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Sat May 28, 2022 11:49 am

lazcommalisa wrote:
renardchua wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:

I heard that too! Bummer but totally understand. Congrats on the bundle \:D/ that Loungefly is such a creative one

I didn’t realize that the R2 goes into the window of the bag. Very creative and different.
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Sat May 28, 2022 12:43 pm

Fugly16 wrote:Happy I got to grab the sodas pain free :-D

Grabbed the SODAs as well, easy checkout. Congrats, hoping for some chase magic for many of us

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sun May 29, 2022 11:50 am

Read a tweet this morning from Distrackers saying that the Celebration stickered Luke Sodas and the POP 5 packs were stolen from the ship or the ship itself was stolen from pirates. Anyone know more about this???
Hi! I’m Eric

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Sun May 29, 2022 1:39 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:Read a tweet this morning from Distrackers saying that the Celebration stickered Luke Sodas and the POP 5 packs were stolen from the ship or the ship itself was stolen from pirates. Anyone know more about this???

saw that too and would love to hear more about it...and the more I think about it, the more I am surprised it doesn't happen more often.
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sun May 29, 2022 4:31 pm

Seems like a lot of people had this pain free experience and got what they wanted. That’s always good to see. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sun May 29, 2022 9:02 pm

I was able to get into the booth, but missed a few of the items online, that were not at the con (2 pack and concept vador)
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon May 30, 2022 6:16 am

renardchua wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

Makes sense on the shirt; it happens. And I was able to get a bundle as well. Super pumped about it. It's the thing I wanted most from this convention.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon May 30, 2022 6:17 am

lazcommalisa wrote:
renardchua wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:

It's one of those bags that was better in person, imho, than on the concept art. It was really well done.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon May 30, 2022 6:18 am

lavery01 wrote:

Seems like a lot of people had this pain free experience and got what they wanted. That’s always good to see. lol

The quantities were a lot, but the not pain-free part is trying to get that boba chase! Haha.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon May 30, 2022 6:19 am

methodsmadness wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:Read a tweet this morning from Distrackers saying that the Celebration stickered Luke Sodas and the POP 5 packs were stolen from the ship or the ship itself was stolen from pirates. Anyone know more about this???

saw that too and would love to hear more about it...and the more I think about it, the more I am surprised it doesn't happen more often.

I saw that tweet and was shocked and not surprised. Kinda makes you take for granted the amount of work it takes getting products to us from a world away.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Mon May 30, 2022 7:18 am

wolfy233 wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:

I saw that tweet and was shocked and not surprised. Kinda makes you take for granted the amount of work it takes getting products to us from a world away.

Oh wow I did not know this. Crazy how this day and age we still got pirates roaming around.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon May 30, 2022 7:24 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:

Oh wow I did not know this. Crazy how this day and age we still got pirates roaming around.

I always think there always been pirate probably just this time they took everything
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Mon May 30, 2022 9:05 am

wolfy233 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

The quantities were a lot, but the not pain-free part is trying to get that boba chase! Haha.

Which exclusives got sold out in the on-site booth?
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Mon May 30, 2022 9:32 am

The Lando in Falcon seemed to be the only one that was selling out daily. He was the item of the show.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

racheva

Postby racheva » Mon May 30, 2022 9:50 am

Valde wrote:The Lando in Falcon seemed to be the only one that was selling out daily. He was the item of the show.

This is so crazy to me. That thing is huge! I really hope those people live local. I may have been interested in it if I didn’t already have Han in the Falcon, but I can’t justify owning both. It’s kinda like how I felt when they made Sam in Baby from SPN, and I already had Dean in Baby. Tho in this case, I actually *like* Lando lol
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Mon May 30, 2022 10:44 am

racheva wrote:
Valde wrote:The Lando in Falcon seemed to be the only one that was selling out daily. He was the item of the show.

This is so crazy to me. That thing is huge! I really hope those people live local. I may have been interested in it if I didn’t already have Han in the Falcon, but I can’t justify owning both. It’s kinda like how I felt when they made Sam in Baby from SPN, and I already had Dean in Baby. Tho in this case, I actually *like* Lando lol

It was pretty massive, I got one not in the cardboard box and ended up walking around with it for an hour before we left. My wife said after I walked by I was getting a lot of people staring at me, it’s usually because I’m so handsome but I think it was Lando this time.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Mon May 30, 2022 12:16 pm

That Lando box was huge. Funko didn’t even have a bag big enough to fit it! lol
Hi! I’m Eric

racheva

Postby racheva » Mon May 30, 2022 2:49 pm

racheva wrote:

Well I hope you were driving home, otherwise that’s gonna be quite the carry on personal item.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon May 30, 2022 3:01 pm

Valde wrote:
racheva wrote:

It was pretty massive, I got one not in the cardboard box and ended up walking around with it for an hour before we left. My wife said after I walked by I was getting a lot of people staring at me, it’s usually because I’m so handsome but I think it was Lando this time.

lol lol lol
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Mon May 30, 2022 5:53 pm

I'm having swc withdrawals it by too quickly miss it loved the grogu!!!
:freddy3:

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Mon May 30, 2022 8:28 pm

The con itself was really fun. Hopefully those who went got everything they wanted. I got all the items I wanted that were present and got to go into the mandalorian experience. That experience was quite possibly my favorite convention moment
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue May 31, 2022 4:16 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

I always think there always been pirate probably just this time they took everything

Did the glitter grogu go up on reedpop site?
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Tue May 31, 2022 6:34 am

Wanted to go, just need to save for the big convention.

Return to “Pop!”