FunkoWeen 2022!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Fugly16

Re: FunkoWeen 2022!

Postby Fugly16 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:40 pm

they_call_me_alex wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
Frankly it’s competitive and maddening but lots of fun hanging

Say what? Maddening? Some people just run around trying to pump up the crowd, can't sing, act like fools, stuff your face with donuts and whatever else I'm forgetting I did. Fun is an understatement! Just be ready to let loose and have fun! FYI-some people can dance! :-" Vinh!

I thought I read somewhere that Fugitive was not going to do parties anymore. Maybe that was just covid related. But I know people who have attended Fugitive parties and all of them had a great time.

Yeah 2020 was going to be the last one, which ended up getting canceled anyway. It’s just crazy expensive for them to throw so dunno if Nelson would be throwing one for 2022 anyway.

they_call_me_alex

Postby they_call_me_alex » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:33 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
they_call_me_alex wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
Say what? Maddening? Some people just run around trying to pump up the crowd, can't sing, act like fools, stuff your face with donuts and whatever else I'm forgetting I did. Fun is an understatement! Just be ready to let loose and have fun! FYI-some people can dance! :-" Vinh!

I thought I read somewhere that Fugitive was not going to do parties anymore. Maybe that was just covid related. But I know people who have attended Fugitive parties and all of them had a great time.

Yeah 2020 was going to be the last one, which ended up getting canceled anyway. It’s just crazy expensive for them to throw so dunno if Nelson would be throwing one for 2022 anyway.

That makes sense. Fugitive is busy enough managing their booth and exclusives. To add a party is a lot of work. But I know that Funatics had fun and appreciated an opportunity to get together. I have seen some videos of the games and lip sync/dance competitions. They looked like a lot of fun.

SnackDaddy
HoF 2017 & CotY
HoF 2017 & CotY

Postby SnackDaddy » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:36 pm

I’m going to try and make it, costs around $2k for me to make that trip. Kinda hard to book and not know if I can get tickets or not.
Houssein aka Huse aka SnackDaddy

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:48 pm

digithor wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:
Hopefully they are on different days

If Fugitive has one, they will coordinate it not to be at the same time/day for sure.

That is right.

Ok, good to know. Thanks!

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:27 pm

jagpop wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:So Funkoween is on the east coast bummer guess I’ll have to try to make plans if I ever get a ticket.

Same sentiments. Flights have been relatively lower. What concerns me is the lodging. 8-[

Lodging can be a pain along with it being a totally unfamiliar place makes me nervous but I can’t enjoy the world if I stay in my comfort zone so if I ever get a ticket I’m coming out of my zone.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:38 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
jagpop wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:So Funkoween is on the east coast bummer guess I’ll have to try to make plans if I ever get a ticket.

Same sentiments. Flights have been relatively lower. What concerns me is the lodging. 8-[

Lodging can be a pain along with it being a totally unfamiliar place makes me nervous but I can’t enjoy the world if I stay in my comfort zone so if I ever get a ticket I’m coming out of my zone.

Truer words have never been spoken my bro. 100 percent right. Let's make this happen.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:01 am

jagpop wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
jagpop wrote:Same sentiments. Flights have been relatively lower. What concerns me is the lodging. 8-[

Truer words have never been spoken my bro. 100 percent right. Let's make this happen.

:cheers: :cheers: Definitely
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:57 am

they_call_me_alex wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

yeah if I remember correctly that what nelson said. that they were done with them.

D4nnym4n123

Postby D4nnym4n123 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:45 am

So far ive enjoyed all the previous years' stuff some I'm definitely excited for this!
Happy Hunting everybody! And may the force and Freddy gods be with you!
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
SDCC 19'
ECCC Virtual Con 20'
FUNDAYS 2022!
FDO!
Show me that funko love and follow my twitch please? https://m.twitch.tv/d4nnym4n

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:42 am

JJLecaros wrote:
they_call_me_alex wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

yeah if I remember correctly that what nelson said. that they were done with them.

True, but then that last one never happened, because ECCC was cancelled due to Covid
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:46 pm

JJLecaros wrote:
they_call_me_alex wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

Oh, maybe we won't see anymore then.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:01 pm

JJLecaros wrote:
they_call_me_alex wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

Sort of makes sense. It's sad but I get it

dtmkyle

Postby dtmkyle » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:19 pm

RedRoo wrote:So Funko announced Funkoween is coming soon to june! (my birthday month just saying)

What sort of pops do you wanna see announced?

I still need to get a Vampire Freddy/Skelly Freddy soda myself because i had the dreaded wheel of death on the website.

I would love to see a Ghost Freddy With the chase being a cool blue glow and the dark look.

I absolutely love that ghost freddy idea

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:15 am

Fugly16 wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

The maddening was totally only referencing the NYCC booth queue haha

Oh, in that case, that's basically any booth at con, haha.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:17 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
jagpop wrote:

The more you stay in a place that's comfortable, the more depressed you'll be over time. Making yourself uncomfortable for growth will bring you the satisfaction you seek.

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:27 am

Stragon wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:
they_call_me_alex wrote:I thought I read somewhere that Fugitive was not going to do parties anymore. Maybe that was just covid related. But I know people who have attended Fugitive parties and all of them had a great time.

True, but then that last one never happened, because ECCC was cancelled due to Covid

true so who knows

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:10 am

wolfy233 wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
jagpop wrote:Same sentiments. Flights have been relatively lower. What concerns me is the lodging. 8-[

The more you stay in a place that's comfortable, the more depressed you'll be over time. Making yourself uncomfortable for growth will bring you the satisfaction you seek.

Definitely true.

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:17 pm

daveruby wrote:
hawkman2 wrote:Cant wait need more glows.

Yes!!!

I love any GITD! But wallet says no a lot. :freddy3: :freddy4:

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:22 pm

gospeedracer wrote:
daveruby wrote:
hawkman2 wrote:Cant wait need more glows.

Yes!!!

My problem is often my wallet does not say "no" to glows.

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:45 pm

wolfy233 wrote:
gospeedracer wrote:
daveruby wrote:
Yes!!!

Same. GITD are probably my favorite variant. Seems to buy pops even when I don’t necessarily collect the line. Some just look great and hard to pass on
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:51 pm

FerrisGuy3 wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
gospeedracer wrote:

Same. GITD are probably my favorite variant. Seems to buy pops even when I don’t necessarily collect the line. Some just look great and hard to pass on

Mine as well. I was going to collect only GITD but then I realized that's a pretty large group in itself

JJHODGE

Postby JJHODGE » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:12 am

Fugly16 wrote:
JJHODGE wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
If Fugitive has one, they will coordinate it not to be at the same time/day for sure.

I have never been to fugitive it sounds pretty darn cool

it is SO much fun. Half the reason I even wanted to go to NYCC was for the fugitive toys dinner and hang out with the funatics I've met over the years.

Has it only been at NYCC in the past? I have never gone to NYCC do most of the west coast cons

JJHODGE

Postby JJHODGE » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:13 am

wolfy233 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
JJHODGE wrote:

I have never been to fugitive it sounds pretty darn cool

it is SO much fun. Half the reason I even wanted to go to NYCC was for the fugitive toys dinner and hang out with the funatics I've met over the years.

I remember seeing video of one a few years ago and it was small and chaotic and looked extremely exciting. I was, frankly, jealous of the fun.

Sounds like Fundays in the very beginning. Throwing out pops and people getting trampled over.

g3ohss

Postby g3ohss » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:13 am

lavery01 wrote:My daughter would love to have some GITD FNAF. lol

Yooo was thinking the same thing. My son was asking for some new plushies.
Hi I’m Geo :) IG: @g3ohss
ImageImageImageImage

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:08 pm

runtodere wrote:
FerrisGuy3 wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

Mine as well. I was going to collect only GITD but then I realized that's a pretty large group in itself

Yes, its amazing when you realize how large the different groups can be, and GITD is one of my favorites.
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:26 pm

Just watched a old video of Funkoween!! I just love dressing up for Halloween. Funkoween would be the most amazing party. I love the costume ideas. Super cool!!!!
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:55 pm

Stragon wrote:
runtodere wrote:
FerrisGuy3 wrote:

Yes, its amazing when you realize how large the different groups can be, and GITD is one of my favorites.

That being said, I'm always looking for ways to buy more stuff, so.... more GITD Funkoween!

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:38 pm

ShellyGt86 wrote:Just watched a old video of Funkoween!! I just love dressing up for Halloween. Funkoween would be the most amazing party. I love the costume ideas. Super cool!!!!

I can only imagine the energy with everyone dressing up. I heard the last in-person one years ago was something to behold.

fantomfunatic

Postby fantomfunatic » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:03 pm

I need airline tickets and tickets to attending.
Hi my name is John, and Me and my friends are Funko Funatics.

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:45 pm

I'm still too new in my current job to request time off but maybe next year, because I know it will be a spectacular event.
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

jondru

Postby jondru » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:36 pm

much luck will be needed for attendance
Andrew

Takit0

Postby Takit0 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:39 pm

I think people are confusing this threat with Fright Nights.

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:22 pm

Takit0 wrote:I think people are confusing this threat with Fright Nights.

Maybe because the First Fright Night in San Diego all the pop have the funkoween stickers.

I understand how the funkoween thread is confusing people, but I think this year funkoween might the on halloween, and fright night is just a different event witj maybe is how sticker.
Last edited by tlaloc666 on Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

Takit0

Postby Takit0 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:55 am

tlaloc666 wrote:

Maybe because the First Fright Night in San Diego all the pop have the funkoween stickers.

I didn't know that, thanks for the insight.

millone

Postby millone » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:15 pm

tlaloc666 wrote:

Ah, the funkoween stickers \:D/

they_call_me_alex

Postby they_call_me_alex » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:59 pm

JJLecaros wrote:
Stragon wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:

true so who knows

I would have to believe that Fugitive got a refund for their 2020 ECCC party that never happened because of Covid. But who knows. Maybe they got a store credit and they need to spend it.

theoriginalz

Postby theoriginalz » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:27 am

I need more Justice League Dark POP!s, specifically:
    Madame Xanadu
    Shade: The Changing Man
    Detective Chimp
    Mindwarp
    Andrew Bennett
    Doctor Mist
    Princess Amaya of House Amethyst
    Timothy Hunter
    Nightmare Nurse
    The Phantom Stranger
    Pandora
    Zauriel 
    Man-Bat
    Kent Nelson
    Khalid Nassour
    Animal Man
    Etrigan
    Ragman
    Eternal Knight
    A new Constantine mold
    A new Swamp Thing
    A new Wonder Woman
First POP! - 2012
First Fundays - 2019
First FDO - 2023
I LOVE Gold Vinyl
The United Funko Family

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:52 am

I enjoyed the announcements this year especially leprechaun!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:01 pm

MPF223 wrote:I enjoyed the announcements this year especially leprechaun!

He stole the show for me as well, can’t wait to get the little guy home.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:39 pm

theoriginalz wrote:I need more Justice League Dark POP!s, specifically:
    Madame Xanadu
    Shade: The Changing Man
    Detective Chimp
    Mindwarp
    Andrew Bennett
    Doctor Mist
    Princess Amaya of House Amethyst
    Timothy Hunter