SDCC 2022 Pop Reveals!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
nightbodega

Re: SDCC 2022 Pop Reveals!

Postby nightbodega » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:06 pm

Haayheather wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
DiegoLo wrote:
I think we will have more announcements, this year no show exclusive or limited edition(XXX pcs) has been released... yet. Maybe this is one of those.

There is still time for anything. I think at SWC, we didn’t hear about a numbered pop until the very day.

Yeah I feel like this happens sometimes. Remember the Boba Fett and bag during NYCC 2020? We didn't even know that was coming out, let alone the limit!

Wasn't aware that it happened at NYCC. Thanks for the info.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:09 pm

Chingy wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
There is still time for anything. I think at SWC, we didn’t hear about a numbered pop until the very day.

I hope this is the case. I love the absolute chaos and surprise of stuff like this. Even though I miss out almost 100% of the time, it's so fun and unique when the unexpected happens.

I guess we will wait and see.

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:43 pm

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Small list for me, some sodas and a couple pops. I am not complaining though because too many cons I've had 20+ lol kindof refreshing to have a break.

Similar situation for my shopping list, which I'm totally okay with! I really appreciate the spreading out of the fandoms, this way everyone has something they need but we aren't spending the entire SDCC budget in one go!

Yes there was one year I pretty much did that, glad that won't be the case this year, well unless they are selling Mondo at their booth. Should be interesting.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

DiegoLo

Postby DiegoLo » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:58 pm

nightbodega wrote:
Haayheather wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Yeah I feel like this happens sometimes. Remember the Boba Fett and bag during NYCC 2020? We didn't even know that was coming out, let alone the limit!

Also, it happens on SDCC 2019, With the Sith Trooper. The only way to have them was with a loungefly bag bundle, I remember I like the pop but not the bag, let it go for that. Right now I regret that decision
Funko Collectibles Count:1000+ (Need more space)
ISO Freddy Flux (4 of them)

SDCC 2018 - 2019, 2023
NYCC 2021
Fundays (Soon)

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:14 am

Stragon wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Small list for me, some sodas and a couple pops. I am not complaining though because too many cons I've had 20+ lol kindof refreshing to have a break.

Similar situation for my shopping list, which I'm totally okay with! I really appreciate the spreading out of the fandoms, this way everyone has something they need but we aren't spending the entire SDCC budget in one go!

Yes there was one year I pretty much did that, glad that won't be the case this year, well unless they are selling Mondo at their booth. Should be interesting.

Funko and Loungefly are already dangerous enough to my budget, and now we're throwing Mondo into the mix? ](*,) lol

Honestly, I know that if SDCC doesn't break my budget, NYCC or ECCC will. They always get me in the end, and to be totally honest, I'm okay with that!
Image ImageImage Image

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:39 am

nightbodega wrote:
Chingy wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

I hope this is the case. I love the absolute chaos and surprise of stuff like this. Even though I miss out almost 100% of the time, it's so fun and unique when the unexpected happens.

I guess we will wait and see.

well... yeah.

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:26 am

Really loving the pop reveals this year! For sure going to have to get some of these! \:D/
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

DiegoLo

Postby DiegoLo » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:54 am

One idea. What if... With the new acquisition of Mondo, We will get some Record+Pop Bundle or Poster+Pop Bundle for SDCC. No Mondo announcements yet. Also, Can we start talking about Mondo here?

SDCC 2018 - 2019, 2023
NYCC 2021
Fundays (Soon)

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:20 am

DiegoLo wrote:One idea. What if... With the new acquisition of Mondo, We will get some Record+Pop Bundle or Poster+Pop Bundle for SDCC. No Mondo announcements yet. Also, Can we start talking about Mondo here?

This would be great since they have already done a record before with Rick and Morty. I think the record+ pop bundle would go over well.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:26 am

Yeah I expect a mondo/funko collab of some sort for SDCC

Haayheather

Postby Haayheather » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:49 am

Xenomorph wrote:Yeah I expect a mondo/funko collab of some sort for SDCC

According to the Funkoville artwork, there should be a Mondo booth!
Baltimore, MD | Collector since 2015

Haayheather

Postby Haayheather » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:52 am

nightbodega wrote:
Haayheather wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Of course! It wasn't previously announced, but the day before or day of there was a SUPER grainy photo of Boba, and you couldn't see that it was limited. It was a surprise drop!

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:01 pm

DiegoLo wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Haayheather wrote:

Also, it happens on SDCC 2019, With the Sith Trooper. The only way to have them was with a loungefly bag bundle, I remember I like the pop but not the bag, let it go for that. Right now I regret that decision

I think if that is the case, I'll get the bundle and try to sell the bag to a loungefly fanatic, I didn't know they had such a following.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

FUNKON 2021

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:02 pm

Haayheather wrote:

Can't wait to see what they have, very excited for it.
FDO LA 6

FUNKON 2021

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:31 pm

Haayheather wrote:

Yup, should be very interesting when trying to visit the huge booth.
:freddy1:

DiegoLo

Postby DiegoLo » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:36 pm

Lexi wrote:
DiegoLo wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

I think if that is the case, I'll get the bundle and try to sell the bag to a loungefly fanatic, I didn't know they had such a following.

Let me know Now my sister is on Loungefly.

SDCC 2018 - 2019, 2023
NYCC 2021
Fundays (Soon)

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:42 pm

DiegoLo wrote:One idea. What if... With the new acquisition of Mondo, We will get some Record+Pop Bundle or Poster+Pop Bundle for SDCC. No Mondo announcements yet. Also, Can we start talking about Mondo here?

I hope so, I’ve always enjoyed the posters and hope for more
Instagram- calebshiny

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:42 am

hailmary25 wrote:Toucans are def cool, hope i can get one of them.

Love the toucans since they are the symbol of SDCC and my yearly trip
ImageImageImageImage

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:44 am

DiegoLo wrote:I am hopping more reveals, first time didn't see any show exclusive or Limited edition (1.000 pieces or something like that)

Potentially might be announced at the show or maybe just delays in shipping caused them not to have them
ImageImageImageImage

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:44 am

nikko wrote:More than the exclusives, I'm most excited to see the booth in person!

Yeah funkoville looks amazing
ImageImageImageImage

Haayheather

Postby Haayheather » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:56 am

Lexi wrote:
Haayheather wrote:

Me too. Since it's such a new acquisition, I'm not quite sure if there's going to be much of a collab yet, but I'm super eager to see!

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:50 pm

Haayheather wrote:
Lexi wrote:
Haayheather wrote:According to the Funkoville artwork, there should be a Mondo booth!

Me too. Since it's such a new acquisition, I'm not quite sure if there's going to be much of a collab yet, but I'm super eager to see!

You are probably right that there hasn't been much time for a collab yet, but I'm very hopeful for the future. I am curious if Mondo will continue having their MondoCon
FDO LA 6

FUNKON 2021

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:47 pm

Lexi wrote:
Haayheather wrote:
Lexi wrote:

You are probably right that there hasn't been much time for a collab yet, but I'm very hopeful for the future. I am curious if Mondo will continue having their MondoCon

I got a feeling that they are still going to be pretty independent at SDCC. Yes together in Funkoville as we have seen but not together in lottery or lines. I would be surprised if Loungefly was even a part of the lottery. I think Funkoville is going to be open to everyone and the only lottery will be for Funko booth itself.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Takit0

Postby Takit0 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:59 pm

I keep hoping we are going to get a few sneak drops come through.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:04 pm

Haayheather wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Haayheather wrote:

Of course! It wasn't previously announced, but the day before or day of there was a SUPER grainy photo of Boba, and you couldn't see that it was limited. It was a surprise drop!

Hope it happens again this year. It makes it fun to get a surprise announcement.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:05 pm

DiegoLo wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Haayheather wrote:

That Sith Trooper was at the booth and at the Loungefly booth. I think it took a bit longer to sell out at Loungefly.

JJHODGE

Postby JJHODGE » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:38 pm

nightbodega wrote:
DiegoLo wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

That Sith Trooper was at the booth and at the Loungefly booth. I think it took a bit longer to sell out at Loungefly.

I got it at the funko booth so no bag. Then they never released it. The same thing happened a year prior with the 13th Doctor. First to market then vaulted. IS there anything listed first to market this year? Might not happen again but if there is one and you want It I would try your best to get it as it might not be available later. They did however release Snow white so who really knows

Takit0

Postby Takit0 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:31 pm

JJHODGE wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
DiegoLo wrote:

I got it at the funko booth so no bag. Then they never released it. The same thing happened a year prior with the 13th Doctor. First to market then vaulted. IS there anything listed first to market this year? Might not happen again but if there is one and you want It I would try your best to get it as it might not be available later. They did however release Snow white so who really knows

So I learned first to market means the character and not the actual pop. So there have been other sith troopers and 13th doctors, just a different variant.

swatkat

Postby swatkat » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:03 pm

Hopefully they will announce how booth access is going to work soon.
Katrina
:freddy2:

Azcat03

Postby Azcat03 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:41 pm

swatkat wrote:Hopefully they will announce how booth access is going to work soon.

I’m sure it will be a part of the exclusive portal lottery again. UCC just announced a bunch of exclusives for Comic Con and mentioned being a part of the portal. We will find that out soon I imagine.

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:03 am

so i was reading they are going to most likely be doing the lottery system again for the main booths at sdcc. You guys lucky with those? i swear i never hit the funko booth!
:freddy2: POGIBOY67

ImageImageImage

kristineisjoy

Postby kristineisjoy » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:04 am

hey yall will all the sdcc exclusives be available online as well for people not attending comic con?
LOVING MY FUNKOS!!!!

Azcat03

Postby Azcat03 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:05 am

Pogiboy67 wrote:so i was reading they are going to most likely be doing the lottery system again for the main booths at sdcc. You guys lucky with those? i swear i never hit the funko booth!

I got lucky in 2019. Was drawn for the first time slot on Thursday morning. Made sure I was in line super early so I could get the Sith Trooper!

they_call_me_alex

Postby they_call_me_alex » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:09 am

Pogiboy67 wrote:so i was reading they are going to most likely be doing the lottery system again for the main booths at sdcc. You guys lucky with those? i swear i never hit the funko booth!

I am not lucky with the SDCC lottery. It's so sad to me when you see someone leave the booth with 1 or 2 items. That's all they wanted and they are super happy to get them. But I know most Funatics will buy many more items either for their own collection or to help friends and other Funatics.

Let's hope a miracle happens and Funko offers board members a chance for access on preview night. That would be incredible.

But, otherwise, I'll likely put all of my lottery points toward Funko and hope for the best.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:40 pm

Takit0 wrote:
JJHODGE wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

So I learned first to market means the character and not the actual pop. So there have been other sith troopers and 13th doctors, just a different variant.

Always thought it meant the same pop and box would eventually hit other locations. Doesn’t Hot Topic do the same.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:31 pm

kristineisjoy wrote:hey yall will all the sdcc exclusives be available online as well for people not attending comic con?

I think pretty much everything will be available online at retailers and Funko.com, unless they come up with some LE Show only pops they kept secret. I haven't seen any of those yet
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:19 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
kristineisjoy wrote:hey yall will all the sdcc exclusives be available online as well for people not attending comic con?

I think pretty much everything will be available online at retailers and Funko.com, unless they come up with some LE Show only pops they kept secret. I haven't seen any of those yet

Same here. Maybe this week we will get more clarity!
Image Image
ImageImage

Relinquish

Postby Relinquish » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:28 pm

wonder when lotteries will open up for the booth haven't seen anything yet.

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:00 pm

I would love to see another Haunted Mansion Glow Pop, as an SDCC exclusive.

kristineisjoy

Postby kristineisjoy » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:08 pm

Cant wait to nab some of these!
LOVING MY FUNKOS!!!!

Return to “Pop!”