SDCC 2022 Pop Reveals!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
sdcccrasher

Re: SDCC 2022 Pop Reveals!

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:54 pm

:drum: :drum: :drum: Only 29 Days 'til "The Greatest Show on Earth!!!" :drum: :drum: :drum:
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:08 pm

:mir1: This is one of the best selections of Convention Funkos I can remember. Maybe not as many as we're used too, but a bunch of must haves starting with the SDCC signature Toucans. The T-Shirt, Penguin Ride, Sonic newbie, TMNT Duo, GI Joe, Ted Lasso, Transformers, Anime pops, Loungefly Stranger Things Bag/Pop, Sodas etc. A lot to like and a lot to purchase ... now if I can just gain entrance into FUNKOVILLE remains the question. :mir1:
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:10 pm

Theshowman619 wrote:Pretty disappointed that not one Freddy or at least 1 numbered convention pop made the cut.

I was very surprised there wasn't a Freddy, maybe saving those for Fundays BOF
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:12 pm

sdcccrasher wrote::mir1: This is one of the best selections of Convention Funkos I can remember. Maybe not as many as we're used too, but a bunch of must haves starting with the SDCC signature Toucans. The T-Shirt, Penguin Ride, Sonic newbie, TMNT Duo, GI Joe, Ted Lasso, Transformers, Anime pops, Loungefly Stranger Things Bag/Pop, Sodas etc. A lot to like and a lot to purchase ... now if I can just gain entrance into FUNKOVILLE remains the question. :mir1:

Yes, I have not had much luck on getting a lottery slot and not sure about waiting in the general line all day, its not currently feasible for me.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

FUNKON 2021

TheSecondKira

Postby TheSecondKira » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:12 pm

Kinda funny how my must haves are only second row down: t-shirt, toucans, miss minutes and Miku.
Started collecting: June 2015, Favorite lines: Pop Vinyl and Mystery Mini
First Pop: Heimdall, First Convention Pop: Red Eye Frieza, Fave Grail: SDCC Billy (Saw)
Favorite completed sets: Firefly, Michael Jackson, One Piece and Community, Most owned category: Animation

artistickc 13

Postby artistickc 13 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:39 pm

I'm nervous and excited, if I can get the toucans and the Penguin I'll be happy. There is one other I'd love too but the booth sounds intimidating lol. Here keeping my fingers crossed for the lotto :mir1:
Image Image

squidward

Postby squidward » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:40 pm

Funkoville at SDCC looks fantastic. I can't wait to hang out there. I really hope to win the lottery to shop the booth. I haven't been in the booth at SDCC in many years because I haven't won the lottery.

I think my favorite of the reveals is Ted lasso. He's a must have. My son likes many of the anime.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:59 pm

heymrosario wrote:It's officially over... for my wallet lol lol lol but I'm ready!! I can't wait!! \:D/

here are my must-have's and nice to have's:

I love that you have a chase of yourself
It’s me Lynda

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:25 am

sdcccrasher wrote::mir1: This is one of the best selections of Convention Funkos I can remember. Maybe not as many as we're used too, but a bunch of must haves starting with the SDCC signature Toucans. The T-Shirt, Penguin Ride, Sonic newbie, TMNT Duo, GI Joe, Ted Lasso, Transformers, Anime pops, Loungefly Stranger Things Bag/Pop, Sodas etc. A lot to like and a lot to purchase ... now if I can just gain entrance into FUNKOVILLE remains the question. :mir1:

I’m waiting for the lottery system to go up haha usually we would have been able to submit our selections and verify if we were able to get into the booth by now
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:47 am

PopPChulo wrote:

I’m waiting for the lottery system to go up haha usually we would have been able to submit our selections and verify if we were able to get into the booth by now

Seems like all the announcements this year surrounding sdcc has been a little delayed. I’m sure we’ll hear something very soon about access to the funko booth. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:00 am

Popfanatics wrote:
heymrosario wrote:It's officially over... for my wallet lol lol lol but I'm ready!! I can't wait!! \:D/

here are my must-have's and nice to have's:

Spoiler: show

I love that you have a chase of yourself

Thank you! I knew instantly what would my chase look like if I had the chance to design my own soda \:D/

Hey there, I'm Marc! (•◡•)
Collector since '14 • Photographer • Designer
Follow me on Instagram: @heymrosario

liiilzz

Postby liiilzz » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:29 pm

Pirate toucan is SO cute!! Can’t wait to be back at the convention this year :freddy2:

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:02 am

I need the hugsy

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:03 am

lavery01 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Seems like all the announcements this year surrounding sdcc has been a little delayed. I’m sure we’ll hear something very soon about access to the funko booth. lol

The Lottery Portal announcements, including Funko, didnt actually take place until June 27th in 2019. In 2018 it was July 2nd. So technically we are still early for Lottery Portal announcements.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:27 am

Will try for booth last time was 2017.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:34 am

Lexi wrote:
Theshowman619 wrote:Pretty disappointed that not one Freddy or at least 1 numbered convention pop made the cut.

Does SDCC ever get a Freddy? I can’t remember one. I know NYCC and ECCC get them but I always thought that was because there is no FunDays there. I could see that changing though since now NYCC has Fright Night.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

millone

Postby millone » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:24 am

volsspongebob wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

The Lottery Portal announcements, including Funko, didnt actually take place until June 27th in 2019. In 2018 it was July 2nd. So technically we are still early for Lottery Portal announcements.

These last few weeks are very stressful

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:29 am

millone wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

These last few weeks are very stressful

I’m not going to be stressed out about it, just going to go with the flow from here on out until sdcc. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:09 am

All shared? No con exclusive? No numbered exclusive?

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:47 am

rexflexall wrote:All shared? No con exclusive? No numbered exclusive?

Patience is virtue my dear. O:)
Image Image
ImageImage

Haayheather

Postby Haayheather » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:40 pm

I did NOT expect another reveal today! My guess is because WB just started promoting the show. What's everyone think? Who is excited for the show? Image
Baltimore, MD | Collector since 2015

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:46 pm

nightbodega wrote:
renardchua wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:No. Unless someone on here knows something that I don’t?

Closest thing to a confirmation that we can get now through Twitter.

https://twitter.com/boukenred/status/15 ... 5480939521

Such a bummer. I love the Conan exclusives. The way it was promoted was incredible. Maybe SDCC so much fun.

Agreed. It was one of the best off-sites one could do. I always have Fundays #1, though.
:freddy1:

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:54 pm

Haayheather wrote:I did NOT expect another reveal today! My guess is because WB just started promoting the show. What's everyone think? Who is excited for the show? Image
I'm definitely excited! I missed this as being an SDCC exclusive so thanks for sharing and updating! This will be a must on my list if I can get lucky bc I'm just excited about this show and don't want to miss out later
Funatic of all things Funko!!

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:01 pm

Haayheather wrote:I did NOT expect another reveal today! My guess is because WB just started promoting the show. What's everyone think? Who is excited for the show? Image

I’m excited! I also am worried cause if I like this show and want the pops I’m scared I’m going to miss out on it - look at what happened to Eddie from Stranger Things - I saw 20+ of him at Target before the show and now 0.

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:02 pm

Mario Wario wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
renardchua wrote:

Such a bummer. I love the Conan exclusives. The way it was promoted was incredible. Maybe SDCC so much fun.

Agreed. It was one of the best off-sites one could do. I always have Fundays #1, though.

Conan was really fun! Also when they did like the “fun house” I think it was calm - we saw some celebrities there!

Haayheather

Postby Haayheather » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:03 pm

angeladominguez wrote:

I’m excited! I also am worried cause if I like this show and want the pops I’m scared I’m going to miss out on it - look at what happened to Eddie from Stranger Things - I saw 20+ of him at Target before the show and now 0.

Try not to worry about Eddie too much, I have the feeling he will be restocked. That's what happens with so many Target pops. I hope you can find him soon!

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:08 pm

Haayheather wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:

Try not to worry about Eddie too much, I have the feeling he will be restocked. That's what happens with so many Target pops. I hope you can find him soon!

The might even have new molds/variants down the line :)

So yeah, I follow the same sentiment, no need to worry ;) patience is a virtue. :)
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Haayheather

Postby Haayheather » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:16 pm

renardchua wrote:
Haayheather wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:

The might even have new molds/variants down the line :)

So yeah, I follow the same sentiment, no need to worry ;) patience is a virtue. :)

Ok, but that guitar is pretty sick! lol

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:22 pm

angeladominguez wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Conan was really fun! Also when they did like the “fun house” I think it was calm - we saw some celebrities there!

Yup! Another good off-site, imo.
:freddy1:

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:58 pm

Not a big GOT fan but one thing this announcement did tell me, there are still surprises from Funko for SDCC on the horizon. They may have been done with "their" announcements but that doesnt mean that others did not have exclusivity to announce POPs on their own.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Haayheather

Postby Haayheather » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:06 pm

volsspongebob wrote:

Not a big GOT fan but one thing this announcement did tell me, there are still surprises from Funko for SDCC on the horizon. They may have been done with "their" announcements but that doesnt mean that others did not have exclusivity to announce POPs on their own.

Yes! I am also expecting for either a) them to announce what pops are limited or b) totally come out of left field and announce some con only pops. I'm always excited to see Funkos con shenanigans! They normally do some fun, unexpected things. :)

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:50 pm

I think this is the set that I need the least from. I felt it was anime heavy and I don't like anime. Despite that, I do feel this years is more diverse. A little bit of everything, which I think is perfect. It fits their motto everyone is a fan of something. Now hopefully I get access to the booth. Right now 0 for 2 with fundays. Praying someone is willing to take me as a plus one.
Collecting since 2014

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:53 pm

angeladominguez wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

You mean the “bar/comedy” they did? The one that had a Funko head of his attached to the bar? At this location, I saw Sam Winchester there. I know they also did a comedy show at another location.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:54 pm

Mario Wario wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
renardchua wrote:

Fundays #1? As in the very first Fundays or the first time you attended Fundays.

Justsonice25

Postby Justsonice25 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:28 pm

With the late announcement of the GOT:HOTD pop. Will there be anymore announcements closer to SDCC? I sure hope so, but my wallet hopes not.

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:07 pm

There is something Zen about not wanting a single SDCC Funko item and knowing there will be no stressing out!

Maybe I'll try to buy the shirt but no stress there.

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:43 pm

angeladominguez wrote:

Yes, after watching the Strangers Things 4th season, everyone wants the Eddie pop, great character
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:43 pm

Justsonice25 wrote:With the late announcement of the GOT:HOTD pop. Will there be anymore announcements closer to SDCC? I sure hope so, but my wallet hopes not.

Our wallets must be friends because my wallet is saying the same thing.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Justsonice25

Postby Justsonice25 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:05 pm

Stragon wrote:
Justsonice25 wrote:With the late announcement of the GOT:HOTD pop. Will there be anymore announcements closer to SDCC? I sure hope so, but my wallet hopes not.

Our wallets must be friends because my wallet is saying the same thing.

Seriously!!! I already have a huge funko wishlist that my wallet disagrees on. Now they want to add more pops to it?
Send help! [-o<

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:28 pm

Lexi wrote:

That’s what I was thinking. There’s usually no Freddy’s at the booth itself for sdcc. Typically saved for fundays
Current collection count is over 5000 unique pieces.
FDO: 2023
Fundays: 2018,2019,2021,2022, 2023
Fright Night: 2022
ECCC: 2017,2018,2019,2021
SDCC: 2018, 2019,2022,2023,2024
NYCC: 2019,2022,2023
Wondercon: 2022,2023
C2E2: 2024
FunKon: 2021
Designer Con:2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Always looking for missing Huckleberry Hound, Freddy Funko and Disney pieces that I’m missing :)

Return to “Pop!”