Box of Fun 2022

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Dsho333

Re: Box of Fun 2022

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:05 am

Fugly16 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
The mascots are okay IMO, I believe Funko will go forward with this. Different mascots. I wonder what mascots they will have for “Fright Night” :-k

.. but substitute dorbz for soda.

First of all, how dare you!

I miss dorbz :(

They were cute but the boxes were awkward to display if you only had a couple.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:09 am

Dsho333 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
Same, I enjoyed last year's boxes! My favorite was Freddie Freddy, and the mascots were a lot of fun! Can't wait to see what this year brings us!

The mascots are okay IMO, I believe Funko will go forward with this. Different mascots. I wonder what mascots they will have for “Fright Night” :-k

Fright night had the bag of glee, which had a couple pops, a couple dorbz, and a couple minis. Probably similar to what they will have this year but substitute dorbz for soda.

I love sodas :love7:
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:13 am

Fugly16 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

.. but substitute dorbz for soda.

I sure don’t lol
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:15 am

FireFist wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
Same, I enjoyed last year's boxes! My favorite was Freddie Freddy, and the mascots were a lot of fun! Can't wait to see what this year brings us!

Maybe it will be monster themed. Team Frankenstein, Team Dracula, Team Mummy, and Team Wolfman :-k

Now that I would absolutely love that idea. :love7:
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:16 am

Dsho333 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:.. but substitute dorbz for soda.

Still… No Thanks =;
Image Image
ImageImage

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:20 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
I liked last years! I think my favorite Freddy was Skull Trooper - the mascots were really good too! I wonder who sculpted Funatic Fury.

I attended the first Fright Night and it's a completely different event from Fundays. There is still a show and prizes, but it's not as big as Fundays, way more intimate, and of course - it's horror themed! They don't have four sections during Fright Night either, so not sure how that would work for mascots.

BUT - all of this could change - Friday Night could be like Fundays since it's now on the East Coast, or it's going to stick to its roots like the 1st party. We won't know until later this year.

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:22 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

I sure don’t lol

Dorbz were the BOMB. I'm sure Brett is around here reporting this comment lol jk - Dorbz were so cute and tiny!! Like they were a perfect size to display and the face - ahhh so cute!

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:23 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
What did you get in your bof?

I got the skull tropper freddy, tennis freddy, and one of the art series freddies!

OMG I got the same exact box. My art series Freddy was all white and blue. My skull trooper was the non glow.

OMG yes! My art series was white and blue too and I got the non-glow! So same box lol

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:26 pm

tlaloc666 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
kdmlvr wrote:

I cant wait for the BOF this year

I hope it’s better than last year.

Last year was cool. But the tiki is the best so far.

I'm a little bias on my favorite year. Fundays means a lot to me because we are with our friends having a fun time, we're celebrating our love for these toys that we have collected all these years, and my husband proposed to me in 2016 there. Soooo if I have to choose a favorite year, it would be that one <3

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:26 pm

Cmpotter wrote:I’m stoked to see what the mascots actually look like, I’m leaning toward blacklight bandits but we will see if I change my mind lol

Need to see real glams!!

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:26 pm

palmerchaser wrote:No fundays for me but a chance at a box of fun would be awesome.

They will have some online this year!

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:27 pm

lavery01 wrote:
hawkman2 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
I can absolutely relate to this feeling, exactly how I felt when one group all got the Freddy Yoda! lol

I was in that group, felt very good, yet my box was dinged. Always too dark to notice during the show. So one good group, then I guess evened out 2 years later I believe.

Wow, that’s great! Did my very best to get one in a trade but no one was willing to fork it over. It’ll be one that I’ll always desire but will probably never get.

I traded a proto for a Dr. Strange Freddy and I do not regret it in the least.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

NoobMaster69

Postby NoobMaster69 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:59 pm

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
hawkman2 wrote:I was in that group, felt very good, yet my box was dinged. Always too dark to notice during the show. So one good group, then I guess evened out 2 years later I believe.

Wow, that’s great! Did my very best to get one in a trade but no one was willing to fork it over. It’ll be one that I’ll always desire but will probably never get.

considering what Doctor Strange Freddy is worth now, you made a good trade

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:01 pm

angeladominguez wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:

I attended the first Fright Night and it's a completely different event from Fundays. There is still a show and prizes, but it's not as big as Fundays, way more intimate, and of course - it's horror themed! They don't have four sections during Fright Night either, so not sure how that would work for mascots.

BUT - all of this could change - Friday Night could be like Fundays since it's now on the East Coast, or it's going to stick to its roots like the 1st party. We won't know until later this year.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing :freddy3:
Image Image
ImageImage

TVader27

Postby TVader27 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:01 pm

renardchua wrote:2022 Box of Fun teaser..

Blacklight Bandits for me.

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:07 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

Lesson learned... you need to have more!
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:11 pm

Toronto wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

I'm out of box anyway, recently sold the only 3 I had, which were the flash ones

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:27 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Toronto wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

I'm out of box anyway, recently sold the only 3 I had, which were the flash ones

Okay, as the boxes are not a problem - always a good time to start adding Dorbz back into your collection!
Win for everyone!
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:28 pm

Toronto wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Toronto wrote:

Okay, as the boxes are not a problem - always a good time to start adding Dorbz back into your collection!
Win for everyone!

I mean he just sold his last 3 dorbz so sounds like it is a bad time to get back into Dorbz lol

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:17 pm

2017fanatic wrote:It would be kind of cool to see variants of each mascot.. like I imagine Killer Crowns being the mold, but then there are also 4 different variations of that same mold. I think blacklight has so much potential this way and with it being a limited character to fundays

That would be cool to see variants of each mascot, can't wait to see what Funko has in store for us.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:19 pm

angeladominguez wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
I got the skull tropper freddy, tennis freddy, and one of the art series freddies!

OMG I got the same exact box. My art series Freddy was all white and blue. My skull trooper was the non glow.

OMG yes! My art series was white and blue too and I got the non-glow! So same box lol

I think we all got the same box. :roflmao:
Image Image
ImageImage

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:19 pm

angeladominguez wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

I sure don’t lol

Dorbz were the BOMB. I'm sure Brett is around here reporting this comment lol jk - Dorbz were so cute and tiny!! Like they were a perfect size to display and the face - ahhh so cute!

Agree, they were/are the perfect size, wish they would have done better so more were still being made.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:12 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
Toronto wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Win for everyone!

I mean he just sold his last 3 dorbz so sounds like it is a bad time to get back into Dorbz lol

Never a bad time to get back into Dorbz.
A clean slate is sometimes what is needed to figure out what is important!

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:20 pm

Toronto wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
Toronto wrote:
Win for everyone!

I think sodas are better haha

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:42 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

The only Freddy proto I own is a Dorbz. I also have quite a few other Dorbz but all boxed up. :freddy3: :freddy4:

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:29 pm

partner-in-crime wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
I sure don’t lol

Agree, they were/are the perfect size, wish they would have done better so more were still being made.

Yes! And they could have had their own movie moments too! <3 Hopefully one day!

JJHODGE

Postby JJHODGE » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:12 pm

Katers wrote:
JJHODGE wrote:
Katers wrote:
I want to say "Same!", but if I'm lucky enough to score a box online, I'll be happy no matter what! Really don't want the clowns though!

That is true I can't remember how hard it is to score online, last year they had that one box and I was able to get that with the box of fun that shipped later. These they release while Fundays is taking place onsite right?

I believe they do, yes. The last round that went online, I hadn't won the lottery, and all the teams sold out before I could get through except for my least desired team - the Pop Rangers! Joke was on me though, since they won the FunkOlympics! And ultimately, I was really glad to have the box, and the Pop Ranger really grew on me!

Yes some of the ones last year snuck up on me liking them. Can't wait to see what they come up with this year

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:31 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
I liked last years! I think my favorite Freddy was Skull Trooper - the mascots were really good too! I wonder who sculpted Funatic Fury.

I agree, I think they will as well. I wonder how that'll work with the actual events though? Easy enough to ship the correct mascot to the online orders, but making sure the correct mascot gets assigned to the correct section of the room is a complication. I wonder if the mascots won't be in the in-person BOFs, but are handed out to the tables? Very curious to hear everyone's experiences after Fundays!

I can't even imagine the Fright night mascots. Probably mascots I don't want in my house! lol I don't want to start a garage-display of Funko pops, but that's where the scary ones have to live! lol
Image ImageImage Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:46 pm

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:

I agree, I think they will as well. I wonder how that'll work with the actual events though? Easy enough to ship the correct mascot to the online orders, but making sure the correct mascot gets assigned to the correct section of the room is a complication. I wonder if the mascots won't be in the in-person BOFs, but are handed out to the tables? Very curious to hear everyone's experiences after Fundays!

I can't even imagine the Fright night mascots. Probably mascots I don't want in my house! lol I don't want to start a garage-display of Funko pops, but that's where the scary ones have to live! lol

Haha real funny. A creepy looking garage. :roflmao:
Image Image
ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:27 am

Dsho333 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

All the more reason to buy more than a couple!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:46 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Fright night had the bag of glee, which had a couple pops, a couple dorbz, and a couple minis. Probably similar to what they will have this year but substitute dorbz for soda.

I'm so curious to see if sodas somehow get incorporated into the BOF. I can't picture the BOF without pops, but sodas are SO popular, and that makes me wonder!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:47 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
FireFist wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Maybe it will be monster themed. Team Frankenstein, Team Dracula, Team Mummy, and Team Wolfman :-k

Now that I would absolutely love that idea. :love7:

Those would be allowed in my house, probably! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:50 am

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
hawkman2 wrote:I was in that group, felt very good, yet my box was dinged. Always too dark to notice during the show. So one good group, then I guess evened out 2 years later I believe.

Now we need to know what the proto was though! Congrats on the trade, glad you're happy with it! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:55 am

JJHODGE wrote:
Katers wrote:
JJHODGE wrote:
That is true I can't remember how hard it is to score online, last year they had that one box and I was able to get that with the box of fun that shipped later. These they release while Fundays is taking place onsite right?

I believe they do, yes. The last round that went online, I hadn't won the lottery, and all the teams sold out before I could get through except for my least desired team - the Pop Rangers! Joke was on me though, since they won the FunkOlympics! And ultimately, I was really glad to have the box, and the Pop Ranger really grew on me!

Yes some of the ones last year snuck up on me liking them. Can't wait to see what they come up with this year

Yes, they get so creative with the BOF pops!

Also, I think the lesson here is - if you aren't totally in love with the BOF pops, put them in storage for a year or two, and they'll be a lot cooler when you pull them out! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:56 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Haha real funny. A creepy looking garage. :roflmao:

It's already where the spiders and cobwebs live, seems a natural habitat for the creepy pops! lol
Image ImageImage Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:14 am

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

I'm so curious to see if sodas somehow get incorporated into the BOF. I can't picture the BOF without pops, but sodas are SO popular, and that makes me wonder!

Perhaps a mixture of 3 pops & 1 soda.
Image Image
ImageImage

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:29 am

Sarcasticguy wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
0mie wrote:Not for the general public to purchase online, that’s new & seems like the new norm going forward…

There has been an online box of fun for 2018 and 2019 in tandem with the live event going on.

The real question is, will 2022 have all the same Freddy chances or will it be like previous Fundays where online had different possibilities versus the in person show?

i would say different since the in person event it intimate and unique
ImageImageImageImage

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:31 am

Dsho333 wrote:
Toronto wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

I think sodas are better haha

i would definitely prefer a soda compared to a dorbz
ImageImageImageImage

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:32 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

I sure don’t lol

Haha I'm with you
ImageImageImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:04 am

El_PANDA wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Fugly16 wrote: