Box of Fun 2022

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
angeladominguez

Re: Box of Fun 2022

Postby angeladominguez » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:52 pm

rontonsoup wrote:I’m really hoping that it will be similar to the first online one where the pops were different from the in person event and the general public. I also wish that I have a strong internet connection while at Fundays lol

You have to leave the event room and head toward the windows - I remember when they had the box of fun online I saw people standing there and I was like what are they doing? I was getting food so I was completely clueless until we left the event and people were telling us about how they had boxes of fun online.

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:30 pm

volsspongebob wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
rontonsoup wrote:I’m really hoping that it will be similar to the first online one where the pops were different from the in person event and the general public. I also wish that I have a strong internet connection while at Fundays lol

historically, at least for me, my phone has been a brick while in the ballroom. i don't believe a public wifi option was available either. i now this because since i'm from florida i like to send msgs to my wife and i can never do it until i'm out of the event and its way late on the east coast. i also remember that one year at alot of ppl went outside of the ballroom to try and snag the online BOF. i could have followed suit but i wasn't overly motivated i guess lol

This is so true and the worst. I would pay good money to have some wifi in the MGH ballroom . Here's to hoping they have added some APs in there for public wifi in the last 3 years.

Very very true, the wifi there is horrible, hoping it has been upgraded.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:28 pm

volsspongebob wrote:This is so true and the worst. I would pay good money to have some wifi in the MGH ballroom . Here's to hoping they have added some APs in there for public wifi in the last 3 years.

The Good thing about no service in the ballroom is that folks will deal with folks in the room rather than throwing it all up on ebay.
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:56 pm

gokou105 wrote:
Valde wrote:
jcrook wrote:
I know for Funkon the BOF arrived before FunKon started.

That was most likely because of the team related wearables and the fact that most people still weren’t traveling or being around others. Funkon boxes also weren’t available at actual Funkon.

I'm guessing box of fun will be sold online during fundays....would it be different Freddy's like before pre pandemic?

I'm both hoping that they are and hoping that they aren't. It would probably mean I'd be buying more on the secondary market. Don't need that :D
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:58 pm

Toronto wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:This is so true and the worst. I would pay good money to have some wifi in the MGH ballroom . Here's to hoping they have added some APs in there for public wifi in the last 3 years.

The Good thing about no service in the ballroom is that folks will deal with folks in the room rather than throwing it all up on ebay.

Very true, remember seeing some eBay listings and you could tell they were taken at Fundays.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:59 pm

dolphinax2 wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
historically, at least for me, my phone has been a brick while in the ballroom. i don't believe a public wifi option was available either. i now this because since i'm from florida i like to send msgs to my wife and i can never do it until i'm out of the event and its way late on the east coast. i also remember that one year at alot of ppl went outside of the ballroom to try and snag the online BOF. i could have followed suit but i wasn't overly motivated i guess lol

This is so true and the worst. I would pay good money to have some wifi in the MGH ballroom . Here's to hoping they have added some APs in there for public wifi in the last 3 years.

Very very true, the wifi there is horrible, hoping it has been upgraded.

You would think with the amount of conferences and such it would have been, but I doubt it.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:30 pm

Toronto wrote:

Not to mention I'd rather deal with people in person, and not have to ship stuff out and risk items getting lost in the mail.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:31 pm

I’m not being to hopeful but well see how 5g does, but then it’s hard to enjoy the show always checking.

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:40 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:
Toronto wrote:

Not to mention I'd rather deal with people in person, and not have to ship stuff out and risk items getting lost in the mail.

Even with tracking, sometimes things happen, as I did happen to get my neighbors Amazon package delivered to me instead of him.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

JJHODGE

Postby JJHODGE » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:25 pm

Katers wrote:
JJHODGE wrote:
Katers wrote:
I believe they do, yes. The last round that went online, I hadn't won the lottery, and all the teams sold out before I could get through except for my least desired team - the Pop Rangers! Joke was on me though, since they won the FunkOlympics! And ultimately, I was really glad to have the box, and the Pop Ranger really grew on me!

Yes some of the ones last year snuck up on me liking them. Can't wait to see what they come up with this year

Yes, they get so creative with the BOF pops!

Also, I think the lesson here is - if you aren't totally in love with the BOF pops, put them in storage for a year or two, and they'll be a lot cooler when you pull them out! lol

LOL solid advice right there.

gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby gokou105 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:04 pm

jcrook wrote:
gokou105 wrote:
Valde wrote:
That was most likely because of the team related wearables and the fact that most people still weren’t traveling or being around others. Funkon boxes also weren’t available at actual Funkon.

I'm guessing box of fun will be sold online during fundays....would it be different Freddy's like before pre pandemic?

I'm both hoping that they are and hoping that they aren't. It would probably mean I'd be buying more on the secondary market. Don't need that :D

I know what you mean...sdcc is going to hurt my wallet lol
Calvin

Takit0

Postby Takit0 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:18 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
Kwik_One wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:
The real question is, will 2022 have all the same Freddy chances or will it be like previous Fundays where online had different possibilities versus the in person show?

The live event at the Hyatt should always have different items, at least the very limited ones, IMO.

Last ones have usually had one or two that I’d have rather had than the event ones. Freddy Pennywise for example.

And Chucky if I remember correctly.

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:30 pm

Cant wait to see what items are in this years BOF!!! Im sure they will all be part of the black light theme, or at least I hope they are. I dont have many blacklight pops and it makes me nervous that I will get hooked on this line.
Image Image

they_call_me_alex

Postby they_call_me_alex » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:34 pm

BestDadEver wrote:Cant wait to see what items are in this years BOF!!! Im sure they will all be part of the black light theme, or at least I hope they are. I dont have many blacklight pops and it makes me nervous that I will get hooked on this line.

Don't be nervous. There are a lot of Blacklight Pops and Sodas so far, and probably more on the way. But they are so cool.
I'm very excited to see how the Blacklight theme is incorporated into the ballroom decor. And of course, excited to see what items are in the Box of Fun!

they_call_me_alex

Postby they_call_me_alex » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:34 pm

BestDadEver wrote:Cant wait to see what items are in this years BOF!!! Im sure they will all be part of the black light theme, or at least I hope they are. I dont have many blacklight pops and it makes me nervous that I will get hooked on this line.

Don't be nervous. There are a lot of Blacklight Pops and Sodas so far, and probably more on the way. But they are so cool.
I'm very excited to see how the Blacklight theme is incorporated into the ballroom decor. And of course, excited to see what items are in the Box of Fun!

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:51 am

Chase Variant wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
The mascots are okay IMO, I believe Funko will go forward with this. Different mascots. I wonder what mascots they will have for “Fright Night” :-k

I agree, I think they will as well. I wonder how that'll work with the actual events though? Easy enough to ship the correct mascot to the online orders, but making sure the correct mascot gets assigned to the correct section of the room is a complication. I wonder if the mascots won't be in the in-person BOFs, but are handed out to the tables? Very curious to hear everyone's experiences after Fundays!

I’m assuming that the team items will be in a separate box—especially if they do team-branded thundersticks and bandanas again—and you’ll be handed the appropriate team box to match your lanyard.

Makes sense. You're so wise! :notworthy:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:53 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Perhaps a mixture of 3 pops & 1 soda.

I think that would be a great mix. I think my Stranger Things BOF had a dorbz in it, but the Tikis just had Freddy's, if I'm remembering correctly? Would love to see a nice mix of products, all of them Freddys of course! Keeping my fingers crossed that I get through online for the BOF!

Lots of luck. Although I’m thinking it’s going to be a random drop just like 2019.

Well, my current plan is to be sitting in the next day line for Hall H, so I'll need a full cell phone battery, and enough signal to watch the live stream and get through to the sale!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:55 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
I don't think they would be in the box but they could probably be a prize that they distribute!

I can totally picture everyone just LOSING IT if sodas are a team prize. Would definitely break the previous noise records! :shock:

It’s going to be a soda frenzy!! :freddy2:

Blacklight in person soda frenzy, versus our normal soda frenzies!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:57 am

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
Katers wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:Wonder Woman from Justice League. As you can probably tell by my forum name I'm a Marvel fan first.

Between your forum name, and my forum photo, I totally support that trade, well done!

I liked the trade even more after Justice League hit the theaters, a lot of wasted potential there.

1000% agreed! Hopefully you continue to be lucky, either with pulls or trades, in the future!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:00 am

JJHODGE wrote:
Katers wrote:
JJHODGE wrote:

Yes some of the ones last year snuck up on me liking them. Can't wait to see what they come up with this year

Yes, they get so creative with the BOF pops!

Also, I think the lesson here is - if you aren't totally in love with the BOF pops, put them in storage for a year or two, and they'll be a lot cooler when you pull them out! lol

LOL solid advice right there.

It doesn't work for everything, but it's worked pretty well for me with pops!
Image ImageImage Image

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:23 am

they_call_me_alex wrote:

Haha thanks!!! I just have a habit of getting carried away with things I collect. I like having complete sets which is why I can’t collect starwars to often. It’s never ending. I feel blacklight pops will be the same for me if I get hooked. I don’t even like having a bank account that shows odd numbers. If I have say 401 dollars I need it to be 400 haha just my ocd in me. But man them black light pops look amazing. Especially the marvel pops
Image Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:08 am

Mr Yac wrote:
digithor wrote:Interesting to hear what they plan to do about the online box of fun, in short time that is.

I’m hoping for a mascot reveal soon

Ah yes, I wonder if they will reveal that before the event or keep it as a surprise for that day? I suppose it might also depend how they do the box of fun, ahead of time like the virtual one or not. Either way, they are probably going to be all black light looking.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:52 am

Katers wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
Katers wrote:
I agree, I think they will as well. I wonder how that'll work with the actual events though? Easy enough to ship the correct mascot to the online orders, but making sure the correct mascot gets assigned to the correct section of the room is a complication. I wonder if the mascots won't be in the in-person BOFs, but are handed out to the tables? Very curious to hear everyone's experiences after Fundays!

I’m assuming that the team items will be in a separate box—especially if they do team-branded thundersticks and bandanas again—and you’ll be handed the appropriate team box to match your lanyard.

I just pray this box isn’t huge. The flight back won’t be any fun. #-o
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:21 am

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
I think that would be a great mix. I think my Stranger Things BOF had a dorbz in it, but the Tikis just had Freddy's, if I'm remembering correctly? Would love to see a nice mix of products, all of them Freddys of course! Keeping my fingers crossed that I get through online for the BOF!

Lots of luck. Although I’m thinking it’s going to be a random drop just like 2019.

Well, my current plan is to be sitting in the next day line for Hall H, so I'll need a full cell phone battery, and enough signal to watch the live stream and get through to the sale!

That’s a good plan. :freddy2:
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:24 am

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
I can totally picture everyone just LOSING IT if sodas are a team prize. Would definitely break the previous noise records! :shock:

It’s going to be something out of this world. :bounce: :bounce:
Image Image
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:55 am

engu001 wrote:Killer Crowns is the only way to go ... :freddy2:

Definitely has potential looking at the silhouette!

MisterJ85

Postby MisterJ85 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:14 pm

I'm so stoked to see what the stay at home folks get! Can't wait to see all the crazy Freddy's for this year's theme.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:28 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:

Yeah, the stress and struggle are real! I actually bought a hard suitcase in 2018 just so I'd know that my pops would be safe from rough handling! Haven't had anything damaged since, though generally pop trips are via train, not plane.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:38 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Honestly, it's one of the best things about SDCC - if plan A doesn't happen, plan B will be excellent too!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:44 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I expect to hear ALL the details. Or, if you all are loud enough, I'll be able to hear from my spot in line! lol
Image ImageImage Image

NightStyle

Postby NightStyle » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:06 am

rexflexall wrote:
engu001 wrote:Killer Crowns is the only way to go ... :freddy2:

Definitely has potential looking at the silhouette!

That would be amazing to see. Hopefully it is

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:35 am

With how well Anime POPs sell for them and how popular Anime is, hopefully we finally see an Anime Freddy. Doesn't even matter from which one, just hope we see one!
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:44 am

Legion Of Boom wrote:With how well Anime POPs sell for them and how popular Anime is, hopefully we finally see an Anime Freddy. Doesn't even matter from which one, just hope we see one!

Right? With how many Goku and Vegeta POP! figures that've been released over the years, you'd think we would've at least seen a Freddy as Goku or Freddy as Vegeta by now.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:03 am

:freddy3:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, the stress and struggle are real! I actually bought a hard suitcase in 2018 just so I'd know that my pops would be safe from rough handling! Haven't had anything damaged since, though generally pop trips are via train, not plane.

So your pops were safe! Nice
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:04 am

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:

Honestly, it's one of the best things about SDCC - if plan A doesn't happen, plan B will be excellent too!

Agreed! :freddy1:
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:05 am

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:

I expect to hear ALL the details. Or, if you all are loud enough, I'll be able to hear from my spot in line! lol

That’s the spirit. lol :freddy3:
Image Image
ImageImage

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:34 am

Legion Of Boom wrote:With how well Anime POPs sell for them and how popular Anime is, hopefully we finally see an Anime Freddy. Doesn't even matter from which one, just hope we see one!

I was actually thinking a Demon Slayer Freddy could appear this year, it seems like every few months there are more DS stuff coming out.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:07 am

Valde wrote:

I was actually thinking a Demon Slayer Freddy could appear this year, it seems like every few months there are more DS stuff coming out.

That would be pretty sick but I still feel like the first Freddy Anime POP is gonna be from one of the bigger (at least in sense of fandom) animes like DBZ or MHA. Either way, I will be pumped to see any Anime Freddy.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:00 am

hope they have some horror blacklight Freddy’s in these boxes

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:28 am

Freddy MHA anything!

Return to “Pop!”