Box of Fun 2022

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Re: Box of Fun 2022

Postby gokou105 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:15 am

Wonder if they will sell box of fun before or during fundays...if they include a mascot, maybe they should sell before so people can cheer for their team if they have a live stream.
Calvin

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:35 am

gokou105 wrote:Wonder if they will sell box of fun before or during fundays...if they include a mascot, maybe they should sell before so people can cheer for their team if they have a live stream.

It'll be during Fundays so that no one inside MGH will double dip and buy an online one too. Not for lack of trying but because it is a faraday cage for cell service in there.

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:21 am

Katers wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
Wow, that’s great! Did my very best to get one in a trade but no one was willing to fork it over. It’ll be one that I’ll always desire but will probably never get.

I traded a proto for a Dr. Strange Freddy and I do not regret it in the least.

Now we need to know what the proto was though! Congrats on the trade, glad you're happy with it! \:D/

Wonder Woman from Justice League. As you can probably tell by my forum name I'm a Marvel fan first.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:48 am

Fugly16 wrote:
gokou105 wrote:Wonder if they will sell box of fun before or during fundays...if they include a mascot, maybe they should sell before so people can cheer for their team if they have a live stream.

It'll be during Fundays so that no one inside MGH will double dip and buy an online one too. Not for lack of trying but because it is a faraday cage for cell service in there.

YUP most likely during Fundays!

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:05 pm

I was thinking the same about the release time of the online BoFs too. Good point regarding them being sent out prior to the event to have folks cheer on their team, but I do have a feeling it will be during the event. Maybe stream the event through Twitch and have the link drop there :-k :-k :-k
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:16 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

Is the terrible cell service in that room strategery? I think so....

NoobMaster69

Postby NoobMaster69 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:41 pm

Fugly16 wrote:

What is MGH?

On a different topic, is it confirmed that they'll have the BOF available online?

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:46 pm

NoobMaster69 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

What is MGH?

On a different topic, is it confirmed that they'll have the BOF available online?

MGH (Manchester Grand Hyatt) is the hotel that Fundays is at and yes there will be a box of fun online, info to come later on how it will be released or it will drop during Fundays
Last edited by Dsho333 on Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:47 pm

NoobMaster69 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

What is MGH?

MGH - Manchester Grand Hyatt, the venue for Fundays

And yes, there will be an online drop for the Box of Fun. Confirmed here https://www.funko.com/blog/article/sdcc ... ed-to-know
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:23 pm

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Fright night had the bag of glee, which had a couple pops, a couple dorbz, and a couple minis. Probably similar to what they will have this year but substitute dorbz for soda.

I love sodas :love7:

I'm so curious to see if sodas somehow get incorporated into the BOF. I can't picture the BOF without pops, but sodas are SO popular, and that makes me wonder!

I don't think they would be in the box but they could probably be a prize that they distribute!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:40 pm

angeladominguez wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I'm so curious to see if sodas somehow get incorporated into the BOF. I can't picture the BOF without pops, but sodas are SO popular, and that makes me wonder!

I don't think they would be in the box but they could probably be a prize that they distribute!

Good point.
Image Image
ImageImage

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:32 pm

I know for Funkon the BOF arrived before FunKon started.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

jayyy714

Postby jayyy714 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:38 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
0mie wrote:Not for the general public to purchase online, that’s new & seems like the new norm going forward…

There has been an online box of fun for 2018 and 2019 in tandem with the live event going on.

The real question is, will 2022 have all the same Freddy chances or will it be like previous Fundays where online had different possibilities versus the in person show?

I’m hoping different possibilities like it did in the past! I wish we got reception in the ballroom haha
Instagram @Keepitnerdy15
Pop Quiz Season 1 Contestant

I want Disney Errrything! The
Funko Fundays 2016 Team Deadpool, 2017 Team Rebel Alliance, 2018 Team Gremlins and 2022 Proto Robos Champs! 2023 Team Lumberjacks
Making Fun premiere
ISO
Disney Parks Protos All of them! (Missing Br’er Fox and Br’er Rabbit for Splash Mountain set)
Haunted Mansion
Matterhorn
Freddy Jack Skellington!

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:55 pm

:-k But we will all try, ofcourse it's been 3 years, maybe service got better?

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:59 pm

jcrook wrote:

That was most likely because of the team related wearables and the fact that most people still weren’t traveling or being around others. Funkon boxes also weren’t available at actual Funkon.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:44 am

Valde wrote:
jcrook wrote:

That was most likely because of the team related wearables and the fact that most people still weren’t traveling or being around others. Funkon boxes also weren’t available at actual Funkon.

I'm guessing box of fun will be sold online during fundays....would it be different Freddy's like before pre pandemic?
Calvin

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:45 am

aprilyoufools wrote:
NoobMaster69 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

What is MGH?

MGH - Manchester Grand Hyatt, the venue for Fundays

And yes, there will be an online drop for the Box of Fun. Confirmed here https://www.funko.com/blog/article/sdcc ... ed-to-know

Yea, phone service is dead during fundays....but I bet some people sneak out to buy online lol
Calvin

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:19 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Perhaps a mixture of 3 pops & 1 soda.

I think that would be a great mix. I think my Stranger Things BOF had a dorbz in it, but the Tikis just had Freddy's, if I'm remembering correctly? Would love to see a nice mix of products, all of them Freddys of course! Keeping my fingers crossed that I get through online for the BOF!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:21 am

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
Katers wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:I traded a proto for a Dr. Strange Freddy and I do not regret it in the least.

Now we need to know what the proto was though! Congrats on the trade, glad you're happy with it! \:D/

Wonder Woman from Justice League. As you can probably tell by my forum name I'm a Marvel fan first.

Between your forum name, and my forum photo, I totally support that trade, well done!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:26 am

angeladominguez wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I can totally picture everyone just LOSING IT if sodas are a team prize. Would definitely break the previous noise records! :shock:
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:36 am

Interesting to hear what they plan to do about the online box of fun, in short time that is.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:50 am

digithor wrote:Interesting to hear what they plan to do about the online box of fun, in short time that is.

I’m hoping for a mascot reveal soon

NoobMaster69

Postby NoobMaster69 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:08 am

Dsho333 wrote:
NoobMaster69 wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

What is MGH?

MGH (Manchester Grand Hyatt) is the hotel that Fundays is at and yes there will be a box of fun online, info to come later on how it will be released or it will drop during Fundays

Ah, thanks for that. I've never been so I'm clueless lol

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:15 am

I’m really hoping that it will be similar to the first online one where the pops were different from the in person event and the general public. I also wish that I have a strong internet connection while at Fundays lol
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:26 am

rontonsoup wrote:I’m really hoping that it will be similar to the first online one where the pops were different from the in person event and the general public. I also wish that I have a strong internet connection while at Fundays lol

This is also what I'm hoping for but I'll also be at Fundays. I guess I'll see what my partner wants to do. The struggle of being a Funatic haha
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:34 am

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
Same, I enjoyed last year's boxes! My favorite was Freddie Freddy, and the mascots were a lot of fun! Can't wait to see what this year brings us!

The mascots are okay IMO, I believe Funko will go forward with this. Different mascots. I wonder what mascots they will have for “Fright Night” :-k

I agree, I think they will as well. I wonder how that'll work with the actual events though? Easy enough to ship the correct mascot to the online orders, but making sure the correct mascot gets assigned to the correct section of the room is a complication. I wonder if the mascots won't be in the in-person BOFs, but are handed out to the tables? Very curious to hear everyone's experiences after Fundays!

I’m assuming that the team items will be in a separate box—especially if they do team-branded thundersticks and bandanas again—and you’ll be handed the appropriate team box to match your lanyard.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:34 am

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:

Perhaps a mixture of 3 pops & 1 soda.

I think that would be a great mix. I think my Stranger Things BOF had a dorbz in it, but the Tikis just had Freddy's, if I'm remembering correctly? Would love to see a nice mix of products, all of them Freddys of course! Keeping my fingers crossed that I get through online for the BOF!

Lots of luck. Although I’m thinking it’s going to be a random drop just like 2019.
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:36 am

Katers wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
Katers wrote:

I can totally picture everyone just LOSING IT if sodas are a team prize. Would definitely break the previous noise records! :shock:

It’s going to be a soda frenzy!! :freddy2:
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:37 am

Chase Variant wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
The mascots are okay IMO, I believe Funko will go forward with this. Different mascots. I wonder what mascots they will have for “Fright Night” :-k

I agree, I think they will as well. I wonder how that'll work with the actual events though? Easy enough to ship the correct mascot to the online orders, but making sure the correct mascot gets assigned to the correct section of the room is a complication. I wonder if the mascots won't be in the in-person BOFs, but are handed out to the tables? Very curious to hear everyone's experiences after Fundays!

I’m assuming that the team items will be in a separate box—especially if they do team-branded thundersticks and bandanas again—and you’ll be handed the appropriate team box to match your lanyard.

Good point.
Image Image
ImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:22 am

rontonsoup wrote:I’m really hoping that it will be similar to the first online one where the pops were different from the in person event and the general public. I also wish that I have a strong internet connection while at Fundays lol

historically, at least for me, my phone has been a brick while in the ballroom. i don't believe a public wifi option was available either. i now this because since i'm from florida i like to send msgs to my wife and i can never do it until i'm out of the event and its way late on the east coast. i also remember that one year at alot of ppl went outside of the ballroom to try and snag the online BOF. i could have followed suit but i wasn't overly motivated i guess lol

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:31 am

mongoose12 wrote:

historically, at least for me, my phone has been a brick while in the ballroom. i don't believe a public wifi option was available either. i now this because since i'm from florida i like to send msgs to my wife and i can never do it until i'm out of the event and its way late on the east coast. i also remember that one year at alot of ppl went outside of the ballroom to try and snag the online BOF. i could have followed suit but i wasn't overly motivated i guess lol

This is so true and the worst. I would pay good money to have some wifi in the MGH ballroom . Here's to hoping they have added some APs in there for public wifi in the last 3 years.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:34 am

volsspongebob wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

This is so true and the worst. I would pay good money to have some wifi in the MGH ballroom . Here's to hoping they have added some APs in there for public wifi in the last 3 years.

thats the thing, since its been so long and i really never made it a point to look, i don't know if they have wifi and it requires a PW for hotel guests? maybe someone who has stayed at the MGH and gone to fundays can chime in :-k

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:57 am

Katers wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Between your forum name, and my forum photo, I totally support that trade, well done!

I liked the trade even more after Justice League hit the theaters, a lot of wasted potential there.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:30 am

runtodere wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

Just about none in that dining room where Fundays was in 2019!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:34 am

rexflexall wrote:
runtodere wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

Yeah there was no service. You had to go to the hallway to get service.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:40 am

willy wonka wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
runtodere wrote:Is the terrible cell service in that room strategery? I think so....

Exactly, and I wasn't about to miss out on Mark Hamill on stage!

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:53 pm

rexflexall wrote:
runtodere wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

Exactly. I've been trying to figure out how to hook up to internet down there.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:56 pm

rexflexall wrote:
willy wonka wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

Exactly, and I wasn't about to miss out on Mark Hamill on stage!

Woah. That's crazy.

engu001

Postby engu001 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:21 pm

Niteowl_1 wrote:I love all of the mascots. I wonder which I will pick?

Killer Crowns is the only way to go ... :freddy2:

engu001

Postby engu001 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:21 pm

Killer Crowns is the only way to go ... :freddy2:

Return to “Pop!”