Box of Fun 2022

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Stragon

Re: Box of Fun 2022

Postby Stragon » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:41 pm

popfanboy wrote:I also feel like Fundays will be going in the direction of increased edition sizes, but I hope I’m wrong. We had some high numbers this year and with next year’s attendance getting even bigger I’m not sure what will happen. Of course I like rare items so that’s a factor, but with bigger numbers means less variety and that’s what I’d miss the most. I loved in previous years seeing everyone open their boxes and there being a big variety of Freddy’s across multiple fandoms. It was a bit of a bummer when almost every single box had the same three characters in them this year.

I completely agree with you. When my girlfriend and I opened our boxes, at first glance they were identical, and I was "WTH?"
I also prefer seeing more variety of the Freddys, but that is just my opinion.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

alf_ie

Postby alf_ie » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:51 pm

It's a really tough call and no side will ever be pleased. I think part of the reward of being at Fundays is actually BEING at Fundays. Additionally, attendees received way more than fans who couldn't attend. If you were at Fundays you got to eat, drink, trade, compete, get extra prizes that no one else got, as well as the celebrity appearances and performances. You got the Mike & Brian Sodas, the Dio De Los Muertos Fluffy, the blacklight Freddys, a chance at the skateboard, etc.

The online Box Of Fun for those who couldn't attend was a nice distribution and variety of Freddys.

Seems like a case of having your cake and eating it too. I think it's a fair compromise. The amount of Funatics wanting to attend Fundays has outgrown their venue. Hoping that all who attended Fundays in person are grateful enough to understand the dilemma Funko wanting to keep it special as well as still rewarding all the fans who can't go.
Fundays
2014 San Diego
2015 San Diego
2016 San Diego
2017 San Diego
2022 San Diego
2023 San Diego

Funkoween
2016 San Diego

Making Fun Movie Premiere
2018 Hollywood

FunKon
2021 Hollywood

IN SEARCH OF: 2011 Funko Freddy Flav any color
IN SEARCH OF: 2023 Funko Freddy Lex Luthor

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:41 pm

Marinex wrote:I really hate to say this but that Freddy Optimus metallic and black light is all i need

The 500 piece? I was lucky to get that one in my BOF.
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:42 pm

Stragon wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Stragon wrote:
Yes, it will be a whole new experience, now outdoors, so many new opportunities open up with a new venue.

Hopefully the weather holds up. I felt kinda of chilly last week during SDCC at night.

Yes, I think that could definitely be a concern. By 8 pm it is definitely cooler, and by 10 pm......

Good point, I had plenty of sun block this year.
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:44 pm

alf_ie wrote:It's a really tough call and no side will ever be pleased. I think part of the reward of being at Fundays is actually BEING at Fundays. Additionally, attendees received way more than fans who couldn't attend. If you were at Fundays you got to eat, drink, trade, compete, get extra prizes that no one else got, as well as the celebrity appearances and performances. You got the Mike & Brian Sodas, the Dio De Los Muertos Fluffy, the blacklight Freddys, a chance at the skateboard, etc.

The online Box Of Fun for those who couldn't attend was a nice distribution and variety of Freddys.

Seems like a case of having your cake and eating it too. I think it's a fair compromise. The amount of Funatics wanting to attend Fundays has outgrown their venue. Hoping that all who attended Fundays in person are grateful enough to understand the dilemma Funko wanting to keep it special as well as still rewarding all the fans who can't go.

That last paragraph was very well said. =D>
Image Image
ImageImage

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:13 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:I have actually been surprised how it's been prize patrol bringing out bags and handing them off to people who say they are a team distributor. It is not a big deal to me. But I felt like like there was an opportunity there for shenanigans. Unfortunately that came to fruition this year where I heard tables in the Robo section had their first two waves of prize patrol claimed by another table. So dirty...

Anyway, I would say entry BOF. Then announcement of stuff as the night went on and pictures on the screen of prizes for each section. But giving it all to that section (entire event pops and section specific pops) in one big at the end. And no I didn't forget about the first place prize. Just do that on its own big given out at the same time giving out that section's big bag. So that would put prize patrol only on one all table run. And then the table 12 skateboard and others are more manageable with LE 40 or whatever.

It's not as fun as prize patrol running around. But it keeps prize patrol from running around.....

I think every year there is shenanigans that occurs. It is nature of the beast. I would you are saying isn't feasible and I think would lead to shenanigans. How do you keep people from rushing the prize giveaway? Also, it takes them at least one hour if not 2 hours to get everyone through. So you ask everyone to do that twice?

I am not saying lining up twice. I am saying instead of prize patrol coming out and giving every pop one at a time. They announce the pop being given but wait until the end and have the patrol give out a big bag with everything at once to each table.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Universalman

Postby Universalman » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:40 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:I have actually been surprised how it's been prize patrol bringing out bags and handing them off to people who say they are a team distributor. It is not a big deal to me. But I felt like like there was an opportunity there for shenanigans. Unfortunately that came to fruition this year where I heard tables in the Robo section had their first two waves of prize patrol claimed by another table. So dirty...

Anyway, I would say entry BOF. Then announcement of stuff as the night went on and pictures on the screen of prizes for each section. But giving it all to that section (entire event pops and section specific pops) in one big at the end. And no I didn't forget about the first place prize. Just do that on its own big given out at the same time giving out that section's big bag. So that would put prize patrol only on one all table run. And then the table 12 skateboard and others are more manageable with LE 40 or whatever.

It's not as fun as prize patrol running around. But it keeps prize patrol from running around.....

I think every year there is shenanigans that occurs. It is nature of the beast. I would you are saying isn't feasible and I think would lead to shenanigans. How do you keep people from rushing the prize giveaway? Also, it takes them at least one hour if not 2 hours to get everyone through. So you ask everyone to do that twice?

I am not saying lining up twice. I am saying instead of prize patrol coming out and giving every pop one at a time. They announce the pop being given but wait until the end and have the patrol give out a big bag with everything at once to each table.

Well, this would be good if all the people cared about was getting the prizes... however, I think the point of the prize patrol is so that the people have some additional excitement throughout the show... would be very uneventful if someone just handed out a bag when people left.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:53 pm

Universalman wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

Well, this would be good if all the people cared about was getting the prizes... however, I think the point of the prize patrol is so that the people have some additional excitement throughout the show... would be very uneventful if someone just handed out a bag when people left.

I would prefer the one prize at a time distribution if I had a choice. I am trying to work the problem. Going to need a lot more manpower and also will take a lot of time to distribute prizes to double the amount of tables or attendees. Or they just give less stuff out which is fine with me. The BOF and proto right off the bat is already the cake. The rest is extra of the extra in my view.

Jaybrd1095

Postby Jaybrd1095 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:07 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
Jaybrd1095 wrote:Should I be worried I haven’t received mine yet?!?

Wut ????

Are you kidding ? not sure.

I’ve sent a couple of inquiries but nothing yet.. I’m patient, but this is getting too long.. hopefully the wait will be worth it!!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:03 pm

I have only been to one FunDays, but a lot of the excitement for me was having the prize patrol come around and hand out things during the show, I hope that would stay that way instead of just getting another bag on your way out. Although I was pretty worried I would crush something since the bag was at my feet, so that would solve that :)
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:07 pm

scullysdad wrote:I have only been to one FunDays, but a lot of the excitement for me was having the prize patrol come around and hand out things during the show, I hope that would stay that way instead of just getting another bag on your way out. Although I was pretty worried I would crush something since the bag was at my feet, so that would solve that :)

It was definitely exciting for prize patrol to come around, but by the time the last table got theirs it was kinda long. Also since most of the prizes everyone got the same thing it wasn't as exciting. And if next year is going to be bigger I would definitely sacrifice prize patrol for every prize to just have them come out once or twice and get everything else after. They could still announce what we are getting like they did this year.

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:14 pm

I really enjoyed this year (I have attended since 2015) and was very happy with my box of fun. Thank you Funko for another wonderful experience.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:01 am

Dsho333 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:I have only been to one FunDays, but a lot of the excitement for me was having the prize patrol come around and hand out things during the show, I hope that would stay that way instead of just getting another bag on your way out. Although I was pretty worried I would crush something since the bag was at my feet, so that would solve that :)

It was definitely exciting for prize patrol to come around, but by the time the last table got theirs it was kinda long. Also since most of the prizes everyone got the same thing it wasn't as exciting. And if next year is going to be bigger I would definitely sacrifice prize patrol for every prize to just have them come out once or twice and get everything else after. They could still announce what we are getting like they did this year.

THIS. I prefer prize patrol coming out as many times as possible (the Flux year seemed like the birth of the phenomenon) but logistically other ways will need to be considered.

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:03 am

MPF223 wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:
MPF223 wrote:
I think freddy as undertaker in the casket would be amazing

endless possibilities.....Paul bearer, Kane, American bad a**....

I feel like they could have did a bunch more Freddy’s this year at fundays it was a bit disappointing

I feel I can only afford 1-2 a year lol

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:04 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Interesting. I still want to see where they will host Fright Night. Parking for me will be an issue if it’s in midtown.

as long as it walking distance from the con im good

Yes it is. I remember seeing it from the Second floor of the convention center. So we are all Gucci. :ptp:

nice!!

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:05 am

ocwankenobi wrote:
akagalar wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:lol my first thought was aircraft carrier lol idk why

All I remember was that he said it was on the water and I was thinking some kind of boat or something also.

Midway Museum. Its not out of the realm of possibilities.

How awesome if it was on the deck of an aircraft carrier. I have seen private events held there.

Just looked it up. It might not be big enough for Fundays lol

https://www.midway.org/events/venue-spaces/

oh damn that looks cool

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:06 am

TheerealJT wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
akagalar wrote:
All I remember was that he said it was on the water and I was thinking some kind of boat or something also.

Midway Museum. Its not out of the realm of possibilities.

How awesome if it was on the deck of an aircraft carrier. I have seen private events held there.

Just looked it up. It might not be big enough for Fundays lol

https://www.midway.org/events/venue-spaces/

They definitely mentioned “on the water”, “sea sick” and something like “how about the shell?” I remember because I felt dumb that I didn’t know what the shell was and had to look it up as everyone ooh’d and ahh’d lol

os that the place behind the convention center?

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:10 am

MPF223 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
MPF223 wrote:
I feel like they could have did a bunch more Freddy’s this year at fundays it was a bit disappointing

Was this your first fundays? This is about normal with the exception of 2018. 2019 they gave one freddy. It was a bunch of Tikis.

Yeah this is my first one and yeah I heard about it I would have been way more disappointed if that was the case lol

technically we already have 2 hogans and a sting

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:00 pm

JJLecaros wrote:
MPF223 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Was this your first fundays? This is about normal with the exception of 2018. 2019 they gave one freddy. It was a bunch of Tikis.

Yeah this is my first one and yeah I heard about it I would have been way more disappointed if that was the case lol

If they are going to continue to hit the 80s and 90s wrestling hard. The most logical choices would be Ultimate Warrior or Flair. There are others, but these two seem to really stand out on the level of Hogan and Macho and Sting level Freddys. All respect to Rock and Stone Cold.

FunkoEmu

Postby FunkoEmu » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:31 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:
MPF223 wrote:

If they are going to continue to hit the 80s and 90s wrestling hard. The most logical choices would be Ultimate Warrior or Flair. There are others, but these two seem to really stand out on the level of Hogan and Macho and Sting level Freddys. All respect to Rock and Stone Cold.

An Undertaker Freddy would be really cool.
ImageImage
SDCC: 2023, 2024
DragonCon: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
NYCC: 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:56 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:
MPF223 wrote:

Ultimate Warrior Freddy would be next level and would be a great design. I like the idea of some more Wrestling Freddys.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:59 pm

volsspongebob wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:technically we already have 2 hogans and a sting

Ultimate Warrior Freddy would be next level and would be a great design. I like the idea of some more Wrestling Freddys.

Needs to come with a speaker and have different options of him just spewing nonsense and breathing......id buy it haha

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:07 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Stragon wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Hopefully the weather holds up. I felt kinda of chilly last week during SDCC at night.

Yes, I think that could definitely be a concern. By 8 pm it is definitely cooler, and by 10 pm......

Which you will still need, from what I can remember of the area, there is no shade around.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

NoobMaster69

Postby NoobMaster69 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:44 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I certainly get your point of view on it, which makes a lot of sense for logistics.
One the flip side, it also gave our hosts a chance/time to switch gears every time there was a new topic and such.

I don't think there's a right or wrong way to answer this topic, but I will say it was really fun to see them (prize patrol) come out and hand out prizes right away. So, every so often during the event it felt like opening a new gift, which paced all the excitement and kept it at a constant high. It was truly an amazing event and I was glad to have participated

dcooperfl

Postby dcooperfl » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:49 pm

Universalman wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I think the prize patrol adds a lot to the experience to get people hyped during the show and it makes for a great transition even to the next item in the show.
Damien | Austin, TX | @dcooperfl

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:41 pm

dcooperfl wrote:I think the prize patrol adds a lot to the experience to get people hyped during the show and it makes for a great transition even to the next item in the show.

NOTHING gets me more hyped than seeing the prize patrol come running out. It's euphoric. I still sing the prize patrol song from Fundays 2019 sometimes.

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:26 pm

FunkoEmu wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:technically we already have 2 hogans and a sting

I think freddy as stone cold 7/11 exclusive would be awesome!

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:44 am

MPF223 wrote:
FunkoEmu wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:

Ooooooooo. Holding two cans of corn......
=D>

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:49 pm

JJLecaros wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:as long as it walking distance from the con im good

Yes it is. I remember seeing it from the Second floor of the convention center. So we are all Gucci. :ptp:

nice!!

It’s a lovely view from up top. I can only imagine how it would look with lights and all the funatics going wild during the night.
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:54 pm

Stragon wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Stragon wrote:Yes, I think that could definitely be a concern. By 8 pm it is definitely cooler, and by 10 pm......

Which you will still need, from what I can remember of the area, there is no shade around.

So I’m packing an extra bottle.
Image Image
ImageImage

FunkoEmu

Postby FunkoEmu » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:33 pm

MPF223 wrote:
FunkoEmu wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:

He damn well better be LE316

And that’s the bottom line… cuz Freddy Funko said so!
ImageImage

FunkoEmu

Postby FunkoEmu » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:33 pm

MPF223 wrote:
FunkoEmu wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:

ImageImage

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:31 pm

FunkoEmu wrote:
MPF223 wrote:
FunkoEmu wrote:An Undertaker Freddy would be really cool.

That would be so awesome!! If they actually did that lol

IHateMondays

Postby IHateMondays » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:53 pm

MPF223 wrote:
FunkoEmu wrote:
MPF223 wrote:

That would be so awesome!! If they actually did that lol

I love these ideas! They should definitely do it! :)
I am a new collector and new to FunkoFunatic!

[u]Events Attended[/u]
Star Wars Celebration 2022
Funko Fundays 2022

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:54 am

dcooperfl wrote:
Universalman wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:

I think the prize patrol adds a lot to the experience to get people hyped during the show and it makes for a great transition even to the next item in the show.

I agree. I think the prize patrol is such an integral part of the show. They are so good at being excited and pumped up for sure.
Collecting since 2014

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:31 am

That is an interesting idea for stone cold freddy.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:39 am

nascar246788 wrote:
dcooperfl wrote:
Universalman wrote:

I agree. I think the prize patrol is such an integral part of the show. They are so good at being excited and pumped up for sure.

I also agree... it's really part of the whole packaged event.

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:40 pm

conventiongeek wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
dcooperfl wrote:

The Prize patrol team is great it adds hype when they run out with the prizes I hope they keep them for next years fundays

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:08 pm

MPF223 wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

The Prize patrol team is great it adds hype when they run out with the prizes I hope they keep them for next years fundays

Yes I totally agree with you. I don’t see Funko getting rid of the concept as well.
Image Image
ImageImage

fieldsy32

Postby fieldsy32 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:09 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
MPF223 wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:

Yes I totally agree with you. I don’t see Funko getting rid of the concept as well.

Maybe something more mainstream and easier next year.
Eric, decently tall guy.

2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 Fundays
Funko HQ Grand Opening
2015, 2017, 2018, 2023 FDO
2022 Fright Night

Return to “Pop!”