Box of Fun 2022

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
FunkoFresh253

Re: Box of Fun 2022

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:12 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
runtodere wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Truthfully, I would temper all expectations. Assume the worst because then you won't be as disappointed. I came into this years Fundays thinking there would be tons of 500 or less pieces Freddys. There was only 2 in the box of fun and 5 given out as team prizes. I would assume this will only be higher piece counts next year with it going bigger. I also don't expect to get as many pops either, probably 6 to 8 rather than 10 plus.

I think I'm hoping that there are fewer pops per person but more quality with the larger group. That doesn't make any sense really but one can hope!

I sincerely doubt there will ever be fewer pops per person. lol

Next year will be different for sure. Higher LE numbers for sure though
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:43 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
runtodere wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Of what? The lower piece count ?

Of me not getting that lower piece count... lol

Like I said earlier, expect the Unexpected :razz:

I certainly hope so!

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:44 pm

FunkoFresh253 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
runtodere wrote:I think I'm hoping that there are fewer pops per person but more quality with the larger group. That doesn't make any sense really but one can hope!

where is the crying emoji

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:58 pm

FunkoFresh253 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
runtodere wrote:I think I'm hoping that there are fewer pops per person but more quality with the larger group. That doesn't make any sense really but one can hope!

Higher piece count than this year, I doubt it. This year set record numbers.
Image Image
ImageImage

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:26 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
FunkoFresh253 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Record numbers? There’s always been around 1600-2000 people attending. Now we will have double maybe triple that. So yes, higher piece count for sure
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:46 pm

FunkoFresh253 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
FunkoFresh253 wrote:

Record numbers? There’s always been around 1600-2000 people attending. Now we will have double maybe triple that. So yes, higher piece count for sure

I meant the FF piece count.
Image Image
ImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:08 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
FunkoFresh253 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

This year was a record low for freddies I believe, only 10 including the soda. (Not including the metallic variants). And of those 10, 4 weren't even as a specific character.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:21 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
FunkoFresh253 wrote:

This year was a record low for freddies I believe, only 10 including the soda. (Not including the metallic variants). And of those 10, 4 weren't even as a specific character.

The online BOF. Spider-Man was like 4000
Image Image
ImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:26 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

The online BOF. Spider-Man was like 4000

We are talking about totally different things. I'm talking about how many freddies were from the actual Fundays event. You are talking about the online box of fun.

If referring that next year the online box of fun will get lower piece counts, I doubt that too. They will probably similar with around 25k total boxes. Meaning there will be 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, and 5ks. With more at the higher end than the lower.

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:44 pm

runtodere wrote:
repair-manmanmanman wrote:
runtodere wrote:Man 8K is a lot. basically 4x the size of the current fundays right?

I'd say future Fundays will feel more like Hall H. That wasn't a bad deal and maybe ticket prices will go down if the venue/catering isn't as expensive as MGH.

That makes sense. Will be so different, but I guess Fundays now is a lot different than the early days of fundays too....

Yeah I remember in the documentary the first fundays seemed so casual, then the violent ones we hear about from 2014-2015, to the more recent iteration. Moving to the shell will be a pretty drastic change though.
Hi, I'm CY

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:26 pm

Larger attendance can be higher piece count. But it could also might mean same piece count and more types ? Hope....
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:50 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:Larger attendance can be higher piece count. But it could also might mean same piece count and more types ? Hope....

I could see Funko making the same amount of different pops if not less if there is going to be more attendees. This year at Fundays everyone got 10 pops (some people got 11 with the Freddy soda). This doesn't include giveaways like signed pops.

So either 2 things will happen: first everyone will get 10 pops and the piece counts will be higher. Second, you will get less pops with similar piece counts to this year.

I realistically don't see them giving out more pops with lower piece counts. Or 10 pops with similar piece counts to this years. It's just too many pops to make and there are still production issues.

GalaxyBodega

Postby GalaxyBodega » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:35 am

mongoose12 wrote:
GalaxyBodega wrote:Was there a riddler or was that just a rumor?

“ What does a liar do when he's dead?”

Lie down?

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:09 am

FunkoFresh253 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
FunkoFresh253 wrote:

Yup, that seems like it will happen.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:30 am

GalaxyBodega wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
GalaxyBodega wrote:Was there a riddler or was that just a rumor?

Lie down?

It’s actually “he lies again” lol

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:12 am

ocwankenobi wrote:Larger attendance can be higher piece count. But it could also might mean same piece count and more types ? Hope....

On a collectors perspective thats ideal but for business perspective it's not coz they will incur more cost by doing that. I would think the best way to do it is make a high number pops and make a limited one to balance it out.
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:36 am

runtodere wrote:
I'd say future Fundays will feel more like Hall H. That wasn't a bad deal and maybe ticket prices will go down if the venue/catering isn't as expensive as MGH.

That makes sense. Will be so different, but I guess Fundays now is a lot different than the early days of fundays too....

Yeah I remember in the documentary the first fundays seemed so casual, then the violent ones we hear about from 2014-2015, to the more recent iteration. Moving to the shell will be a pretty drastic change though.

I guess it's just natural funko evolution?

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:37 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
FunkoFresh253 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Honestly, the way Funko has been going, I'm not sure there is a cap on piece counts. Has anyone noticed that the past couple of cons there really haven't been show-only exclusives?

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:19 pm

runtodere wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
FunkoFresh253 wrote:

Honestly, the way Funko has been going, I'm not sure there is a cap on piece counts. Has anyone noticed that the past couple of cons there really haven't been show-only exclusives?

Good point. Could this be the end of the show-only exclusives?
Image Image
ImageImage

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:31 pm

runtodere wrote:
runtodere wrote:That makes sense. Will be so different, but I guess Fundays now is a lot different than the early days of fundays too....

I guess it's just natural funko evolution?

I'm sure some would say devolution lol
Hi, I'm CY

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:51 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
runtodere wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Good point. Could this be the end of the show-only exclusives?

It sort of feels like it. That makes me sad

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:18 pm

I would love to see more variety as well. Hoping for something in between, slightly higher piece counts and couple more types for accessibility and our sanity. so we’re not constantly searching lol.
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

Xenomorph

Postby Xenomorph » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:21 pm

I was pretty happy with the theming of the boxes this year. It was in line with what I like to collect. I’m grateful for being able to get the BOFs/attending fundays but it was nice having stuff that I NEEDED to get (Freddy Batman)

joshuadoescosplay

Postby joshuadoescosplay » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:00 pm

Xenomorph wrote:I was pretty happy with the theming of the boxes this year. It was in line with what I like to collect. I’m grateful for being able to get the BOFs/attending fundays but it was nice having stuff that I NEEDED to get (Freddy Batman)

Yeah, for me Tron was the only must have. But the variety of Freddy pops was great. Always will vote for more variety.
ImageImage

TomThoughts

Postby TomThoughts » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:57 am

So, I’ve been drooling over the GITD Maul Freddy since I first saw him on Twitter. I reasoned, though, that a 2000 piece Pop would drop after a month or so, but it’s still hanging in the 500-600 range…. Pretty pricey for a pop with so many.

What would you guys expect over the next few months? Are there many LE 2k that stay that high and go higher?
:freddy2:
Be EXCELLENT to each other.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:04 pm

TomThoughts wrote:So, I’ve been drooling over the GITD Maul Freddy since I first saw him on Twitter. I reasoned, though, that a 2000 piece Pop would drop after a month or so, but it’s still hanging in the 500-600 range…. Pretty pricey for a pop with so many.

What would you guys expect over the next few months? Are there many LE 2k that stay that high and go higher?

Usually the dip is in the first few months. But I don't know what you compare Maul to.

1) It's a Fundays Freddy
2) It's LE (even at 2k)
3) It's Star Wars
4) It's unique head Freddy
5) It's Maul
6) With there being a regular one. Some will say well at least there is a cheaper version. But others might consider the gitd a chase.

I don't see it going down too much but never know. I see it settling down in the 750 range comparing it to Yoda and 3PO and Kylo Freddys
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:53 pm

kappait wrote:
I feel like my glow mauls look really good in pictures but IRL they're not thaat bright. I charge them up a lot with a UV flashlight too. IMO the SW glow force ghosts always glow the best like the SWC Obi.

So the glow isn’t that strong? Man that’s a bummer.

TBH not really. I've heard the glow is really inconsistent though, so maybe some have a strong irl glow. I just know mine are so-so. In pictures though they look amazing.

I read that as well about the inconsistency!

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:13 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Stragon wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
That sounds like a good strategy

That is my plan also, Tron is one of my all time favorite movies, bought the common, need the chase, would love the proto.

I don’t think I’ve ever came across a proto of Tron, that would be a cool piece to have for sure

Yes, maybe I need to start some inquires about Tron proto. Just went to D23 and got the Tron comic signed by Tron, wish Flynn would have been there too, but no complaints.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:58 am

Stragon wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
Stragon wrote:
That is my plan also, Tron is one of my all time favorite movies, bought the common, need the chase, would love the proto.

I don’t think I’ve ever came across a proto of Tron, that would be a cool piece to have for sure

Yes, maybe I need to start some inquires about Tron proto. Just went to D23 and got the Tron comic signed by Tron, wish Flynn would have been there too, but no complaints.

Nice, sounds like a decent score none the less!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

NoobMaster69

Postby NoobMaster69 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:05 am

ocwankenobi wrote:
TomThoughts wrote:So, I’ve been drooling over the GITD Maul Freddy since I first saw him on Twitter. I reasoned, though, that a 2000 piece Pop would drop after a month or so, but it’s still hanging in the 500-600 range…. Pretty pricey for a pop with so many.

Usually the dip is in the first few months. But I don't know what you compare Maul to.

1) It's a Fundays Freddy
2) It's LE (even at 2k)
3) It's Star Wars
4) It's unique head Freddy
5) It's Maul
6) With there being a regular one. Some will say well at least there is a cheaper version. But others might consider the gitd a chase.

I don't see it going down too much but never know. I see it settling down in the 750 range comparing it to Yoda and 3PO and Kylo Freddys

I’m actually expecting it to go up comparing it to GLObi-Wan. That was LE3000. The flip side is that there an LE4000 variant of maul.

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:31 am

That glow maul looks pretty good, I'd like to add that also but maybe not with that price.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:43 am

it's always hard to tell what will retain value. the price of Freddywise for example still baffles me since not only is he a 4000 count, but he's been faked to heck and back.

GalaxyBodega

Postby GalaxyBodega » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:52 am

mongoose12 wrote:
GalaxyBodega wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

Lie down?

lol i was close

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:34 pm

GalaxyBodega wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
GalaxyBodega wrote:
Lie down?

lol i was close

Bwahahahahaha hilarious!

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:51 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Stragon wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Definitely, but now I'm on the hunt for the Tron proto from the Tron in BOF.
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:14 pm

Stragon wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
Stragon wrote:

Good luck!
:freddy1:

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:39 pm

Stragon wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
Stragon wrote:

Ohhh Freddy Tron is going to be rough, I hope he surfaces for ya
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:14 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Stragon wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Ohhh Freddy Tron is going to be rough, I hope he surfaces for ya

Thanks, so do I [-o<
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

GrootMeLongTime

Postby GrootMeLongTime » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:49 pm

Kwiksilverpop wrote:

I would love to see more variety as well. Hoping for something in between, slightly higher piece counts and couple more types for accessibility and our sanity. so we’re not constantly searching lol.

I would hope for an expansion of variety and piece counts. Add a some higher piece counts to fill out the boxes and have the same number of giveaways. But keep the 400/500/1600 types to preserve the rarity, the hunt tracking down them down, etc.

kristineisjoy

Postby kristineisjoy » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:45 pm

just praying i can get into funkofundays from the board raffles.
LOVING MY FUNKOS!!!!

Return to “Pop!”