Blacklight Pop Moments

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
PopPChulo

Blacklight Pop Moments

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:03 am

We all know that Blacklight has been all the craze lately. I personally love the aesthetic as they definitely stand out & have different utility then the standard pop.

I was thinking; what’s truly stopping them from doing Blacklight Moments?

Imagine an entire set peice of Batman in Gotham City doing the iconic pose like in the animated series on the building but all in black light giving that same aesthetic but really a fully realized moment as a black light peice.

I think there are so many different franchises this could work well for (even Stranger Things with the duality for the upside down) - What do you Funatics think? Any moment you could think of that would be clutch as a Blacklight moment? Sound off below!
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Trujitsu Ninja

Re: Blacklight Pop Moments

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:08 am

PopPChulo wrote:We all know that Blacklight has been all the craze lately. I personally love the aesthetic as they definitely stand out & have different utility then the standard pop.

Imagine an entire set peice of Batman in Gotham City doing the iconic pose like in the animated series on the building but all in black light giving that same aesthetic but really a fully realized moment as a black light peice.

I think there are so many different franchises this could work well for (even Stranger Things with the duality for the upside down) - What do you Funatics think? Any moment you could think of that would be clutch as a Blacklight moment? Sound off below!

The Naruto anime moment sasake and naruto at the water fall also the pennywise where he’s in the sewer.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:57 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:We all know that Blacklight has been all the craze lately. I personally love the aesthetic as they definitely stand out & have different utility then the standard pop.

The Naruto anime moment sasake and naruto at the water fall also the pennywise where he’s in the sewer.

The pennywise moment in the sewer would actually be amazing as a black light moment sheeeesh I could see how they could make that absolutely incredible. I feel like that’s one of the most iconic moments in recent film history
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:38 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

The pennywise moment in the sewer would actually be amazing as a black light moment sheeeesh I could see how they could make that absolutely incredible. I feel like that’s one of the most iconic moments in recent film history

Yes and would definitely pick this up. Just thinking how cool pennywise will look glowing from the sewer.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:45 pm

Give me something from Back to the Future, Dragon Ball franchise, or Spidey (animated, comics, or movie).
:freddy1:

LucyAnn

Postby LucyAnn » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:51 pm

The pennywise sewer moment would be awesome any thought on other horror movie moments in the blacklight theme

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:51 pm

Mario Wario wrote:Give me something from Back to the Future, Dragon Ball franchise, or Spidey (animated, comics, or movie).

Bruh if they had a Blacklight version of Spider-Man and Venom versus carnage I’d be all for it
PopPChulo

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:47 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:Give me something from Back to the Future, Dragon Ball franchise, or Spidey (animated, comics, or movie).

Bruh if they had a Blacklight version of Spider-Man and Venom versus carnage I’d be all for it

I like the way you think! That 3-versus moment would be amazing ;) to see. So, [-o<
:freddy1:

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:23 am

Mario Wario wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I like the way you think! That 3-versus moment would be amazing ;) to see. So, [-o<

Especially because all of those three characters stand alone look great in the black light already so if you craft a moment around it I’m sure it’ll be absolutely insane
PopPChulo

Haayheather

Postby Haayheather » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:26 am

I think the Stranger Things blacklight pops work so well. Imagine them in an arcade, that would be so amazing!
Baltimore, MD | Collector since 2015

Haayheather

Postby Haayheather » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:27 am

LucyAnn wrote:The pennywise sewer moment would be awesome any thought on other horror movie moments in the blacklight theme

I LOVE this idea. I would be all over that! Especially the OG Pennywise.
Baltimore, MD | Collector since 2015

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:34 am

agree, I think the Stranger Things blacklight pops would really work.
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:30 am

Interesting but great idea. I could see several Comic moments that could fit this idea for sure. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:01 pm

When Freddy vs. Jason!!

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:07 pm

Tusken wrote:Interesting but great idea. I could see several Comic moments that could fit this idea for sure. :freddy3:

I agree I also think some of the comic moments would be cool.
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

TheerealJT

Postby TheerealJT » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:15 pm

Pretty cool idea. They have to have some in the works right? Lol

Serch_na

Postby Serch_na » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:26 pm

I think the OG funko characters would be great as Blacklight pops, like T Bone or Pulpo
NYCC 2022
Deadpool - Photography - Mexican

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:02 pm

Who knows, maybe at Funkon 2
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

Bad Motherfunko

Postby Bad Motherfunko » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:59 pm

This is a great idea! I'd love to see the fight scene at the end of Captain America Civil War between Iron Man, Cap and Bucky all in blacklight.
Avatar Protos: https://i.imgur.com/iLdXwes.jpg
Collecting Funko since 2012.
Main Collections: Anything Avatar or Game of Thrones/House of the Dragon
Events Attended: Funko Hollywood Opening, Funkon '21, Fundays '22, SDCC '19/'22
Proud member of Funko Fiends (PSW) and The United Funko Family <3
Instagrams: @bad.motherfunko & @lollipop_customs

ISO Avatar the Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra Protos

TonyCFunko

Postby TonyCFunko » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:43 pm

I think Comic Books like the first wave of Marvel ones looked the best.
:freddy2:
Twitter/Instagram: @TonyCFunko
Wondercon ‘23
Fright Nights ‘22
NYCC ‘22
Fundays ‘22
SDCC ‘22
Wondercon ‘22
Funko Pop Quiz S1 Semi-Finalist
SDCC Special Edition ‘21

ISO: My Hero Academia & Demon Slayer Protos

Karebear101083

Postby Karebear101083 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:14 pm

Horror blacklight would be great. Freddy, Jason, and Michael Myers.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:59 am

Karebear101083 wrote:Horror blacklight would be great. Freddy, Jason, and Michael Myers.

Myers was announced and up for pre order in the first half of the year.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:15 am

Well since this thread has been resurrected from the dead, I guess I'll throw in my two cents. A blacklight moment from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 where their faces are distorted after they go through the space jumps and all the colors are wonky around them, would be very cool!

The_Avatar_Wan

Postby The_Avatar_Wan » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:33 pm

A Back to the Future would be really cool. I wonder if they could do the scene of Marty right after the DeLorean goes to the future and the flames under him. As well a Dragon ball one would be cool to see too.

The_Avatar_Wan

Postby The_Avatar_Wan » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:39 pm

I think a Tron Movie Moment would be really cool. Any of the disc battles would be a really awesome one to do.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:41 pm

The_Avatar_Wan wrote:

I think a Tron Movie Moment would be really cool. Any of the disc battles would be a really awesome one to do.

A Tron Blacklight moment would honestly be absolutely insane - you know I also think those avatar pops are ripe for a moment
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:43 pm

Bad Motherfunko wrote:

This is a great idea! I'd love to see the fight scene at the end of Captain America Civil War between Iron Man, Cap and Bucky all in blacklight.

Ooof this would be so sick
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:45 pm

Tusken wrote:Interesting but great idea. I could see several Comic moments that could fit this idea for sure. :freddy3:

Wait……. I wonder if they could pull off doing those new Comic Cover Pops in Blacklight !?!
PopPChulo

The_Avatar_Wan

Postby The_Avatar_Wan » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:33 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
The_Avatar_Wan wrote:

A Tron Blacklight moment would honestly be absolutely insane - you know I also think those avatar pops are ripe for a moment

Yeah the Avatar ones would be really cool too. Those would be really good contrast coloring for all the characters.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:18 pm

The_Avatar_Wan wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
The_Avatar_Wan wrote:

Yeah the Avatar ones would be really cool too. Those would be really good contrast coloring for all the characters.

Yeah I feel like the detail would really do well. I mean there are scenes from the original movie that would really lend itself to that black light coloring. I’m interested in seeing what else comes from the franchise
PopPChulo

Keef84

Postby Keef84 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:12 pm

PopPChulo wrote:

That would be awesome, especially other marvel moments Wolverine vs sabretooth, Iron man vs Ultron, Spider-Man vs Green Goblin.

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:02 pm

For me a doors or jimi hendrix concert black light would blow the roof off for me
:freddy3:

reallycrazydude3

Postby reallycrazydude3 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:37 pm

I feel like a Black Light Horror Moment would be cool. Not sure what specifically though.
Excited for SPOOPY SEASON

Bad Motherfunko

Postby Bad Motherfunko » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:25 pm

Just thought of another one. Luke vs Darth Vader movie scene would look sick in blacklight.

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:18 am

Bad Motherfunko wrote:Just thought of another one. Luke vs Darth Vader movie scene would look sick in blacklight.

Oh dang! This would be amazing. Especially their ESB fight with stair lights and their lightsabers.

Bad Motherfunko

Postby Bad Motherfunko » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:21 pm

Chingy wrote:
Bad Motherfunko wrote:Just thought of another one. Luke vs Darth Vader movie scene would look sick in blacklight.

Oh dang! This would be amazing. Especially their ESB fight with stair lights and their lightsabers.

Yes! That's the exact one I was thinking!

jzq88

Postby jzq88 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:37 pm

that would be really cool to see.
:freddy3:

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:52 pm

I’d love to see pop moments in black light, but I know they wouldn’t fit in my glow case lol
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:23 pm

Man Spider-man & Venom versus Carnage Blacklight moment would be IGNENT
PopPChulo

The_Avatar_Wan

Postby The_Avatar_Wan » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:07 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
The_Avatar_Wan wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Yeah I feel like the detail would really do well. I mean there are scenes from the original movie that would really lend itself to that black light coloring. I’m interested in seeing what else comes from the franchise

Oh yeah, I think most of the scenes from the original movie would do well with the black light treatment. Seeing them do the lightcycles would be really cool too.

Return to “Pop!”