Die Cast? How do we feel about them?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Jaybrd1095

Re: Die Cast? How do we feel about them?

Postby Jaybrd1095 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:14 pm

I think they’re nice, but probably heavy. Would be difficult for me to display because of all my regular pops.

DG_FunkPoppa

Postby DG_FunkPoppa » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:29 pm

jcrook wrote:I'm on the fence, I was complete until they started adding chases. At $50 I just want to buy one, but will definitely get Thor.

I’m not a big fan of the die cast chases. They should’ve been a bit more creative with it in my opinion.

The boba chase could’ve been the prototype.

Darth Vader could’ve been the cracked helmet version.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:31 pm

They pretty cool. I only get the cool ones though since it's expensive
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:54 pm

Vteck wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:I really like the design of the box but I probably won’t collect more than a few because of my glass shelves lol

The design of the display is pretty cool, i only have one myself and its the IM one but i probably wont buy more unless they come out with like an An Iron Spidey which makes sense :freddy2:

Lol I see what you did there, but an iron spider would be cool. I’d imagine a whole Avengers set would weigh and cost a lot ! #-o
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

Gsanch28

Postby Gsanch28 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:56 pm

I really like the diecast funkos and happy I didn’t have to wait long time for a Batman :) but I think I would like the chases to be either like a glow in the dark theme or differed color scheme. I did luck out with a boba Fett chase :) so I can’t complain
:freddy1: " I don't know anything with certainty, but seeing the stars makes me dream"

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:09 pm

Gsanch28 wrote:I really like the diecast funkos and happy I didn’t have to wait long time for a Batman :) but I think I would like the chases to be either like a glow in the dark theme or differed color scheme. I did luck out with a boba Fett chase :) so I can’t complain

Do you happen to have a picture of your Boba Fett chase??

Vteck

Postby Vteck » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:45 pm

Kwiksilverpop wrote:
Vteck wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:I really like the design of the box but I probably won’t collect more than a few because of my glass shelves lol

The design of the display is pretty cool, i only have one myself and its the IM one but i probably wont buy more unless they come out with like an An Iron Spidey which makes sense :freddy2:

Lol I see what you did there, but an iron spider would be cool. I’d imagine a whole Avengers set would weigh and cost a lot ! #-o

Yea only the ones that actually make sense to me bro, 50 bucks is a bit pricey for me you feel me.
Hello I'm Victor!!

Pop count:2300

Dorbz count:110

Proto count:6

ImageImage

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:09 pm

Gsanch28 wrote:I really like the diecast funkos and happy I didn’t have to wait long time for a Batman :) but I think I would like the chases to be either like a glow in the dark theme or differed color scheme. I did luck out with a boba Fett chase :) so I can’t complain

Congrats with the Boba Fett chase.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:21 am

heymrosario wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:I love the look and weight of these diecast pops but the price hurts a bit. I dont mind for the most part but when my kids want one or if my wife finds out that Im getting a few of these as they come out at 50 a pop no pun intended, its a hard sell sometimes.

It's definitely a hefty price and if they're adding a chase element, I think it would be better to do something completely different and extravagant than just a metal molding of the figure. It's gonna be a tough sell for sure!

Dude,
I know we talked earlier but Im on cloud 9 right now regarding NYCC. So excited to attend. Goals for you is getting you to SDCC next year. If you by some change dont land a badge let me know. I can get you one.
Image Image

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:02 am

BestDadEver wrote:
heymrosario wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:I love the look and weight of these diecast pops but the price hurts a bit. I dont mind for the most part but when my kids want one or if my wife finds out that Im getting a few of these as they come out at 50 a pop no pun intended, its a hard sell sometimes.

It's definitely a hefty price and if they're adding a chase element, I think it would be better to do something completely different and extravagant than just a metal molding of the figure. It's gonna be a tough sell for sure!

Dude,
I know we talked earlier but Im on cloud 9 right now regarding NYCC. So excited to attend. Goals for you is getting you to SDCC next year. If you by some change dont land a badge let me know. I can get you one.

LOL I was talking to you the whole time here?! I'm mind blown! haha

Aww, I appreciate your kindness!! It is definitely my goal to SDCC next year! I'm pumped for you on your first trip to NYC and NYCC! We finally get to meet each other after years of just talking on social and possibly here lol

...I hope there's going to be some exclusive Die Casts at the con ;-) (had to stay on topic here lol)

Hey there, I'm Marc! (•◡•)
Collector since '14 • Photographer • Designer
Follow me on Instagram: @heymrosario

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:00 pm

heymrosario wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
heymrosario wrote:

Dude,

Aww, I appreciate your kindness!! It is definitely my goal to SDCC next year! I'm pumped for you on your first trip to NYC and NYCC! We finally get to meet each other after years of just talking on social and possibly here lol

...I hope there's going to be some exclusive Die Casts at the con ;-) (had to stay on topic here lol)

haha, funny how the community works LOL! its such a big community but def a small world. I thought it was funny that we were chatting in here and on twitter and had we didnt realize it. Cant wait to def meet up and finally put a face to the names. Im on a mission to get you out to SDCC now haha.
Image Image

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:39 pm

heymrosario wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
heymrosario wrote:

Dude,

Also hoping for no die-casts because that means we're most likely gonna have to ship some stuff home. And if we do get a con exclusive die-cast, I'm hoping it's something I can pass up. But if it's a Freddy... ](*,)
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:12 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:
heymrosario wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
Dude,

Also hoping for no die-casts because that means we're most likely gonna have to ship some stuff home. And if we do get a con exclusive die-cast, I'm hoping it's something I can pass up. But if it's a Freddy... ](*,)

This is true!!! I’m bringing a carry on to NY but will have a large duffel bag in my carry on to swap out clothes on the way back home and keep the things I buy in my carry on.
This trip means less toys since I’m flying.
Image Image

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:07 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:
heymrosario wrote:

This is true!!! I’m bringing a carry on to NY but will have a large duffel bag in my carry on to swap out clothes on the way back home and keep the things I buy in my carry on.

We're flying, too. But I don't think that necessarily means less toys since there's 2 of us so all that luggage space. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:17 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:
heymrosario wrote:

I'm community by train... that die-cast will be the death of me LOL! lol

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:18 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
heymrosario wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
Dude,

haha, funny how the community works LOL! its such a big community but def a small world. I thought it was funny that we were chatting in here and on twitter and had we didnt realize it. Cant wait to def meet up and finally put a face to the names. Im on a mission to get you out to SDCC now haha.

I'm going to try my VERY best to go next year!! I'll make sure to save some time-offs too haha lol

pen2xgp

Postby pen2xgp » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:00 am

too expensive and the molds are not consistent. I also am not a fan of the solid metal chases

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:21 am

heymrosario wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:Also hoping for no die-casts because that means we're most likely gonna have to ship some stuff home. And if we do get a con exclusive die-cast, I'm hoping it's something I can pass up. But if it's a Freddy... ](*,)

I'm community by train... that die-cast will be the death of me LOL! lol

haha I'll stay away from the die cast
Image Image

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:56 pm

Got a Boba Fett just to say I got one. But I don't think I'll be getting any more. It's a cool idea but pricey and I'd rather collect regular ones.
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:26 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:Also hoping for no die-casts because that means we're most likely gonna have to ship some stuff home. And if we do get a con exclusive die-cast, I'm hoping it's something I can pass up. But if it's a Freddy... ](*,)

We're flying, too. But I don't think that necessarily means less toys since there's 2 of us so all that luggage space. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Funny story, I went to ECCC a few years ago and I am used to driving when I go to SDCC but flew to Seattle and yeah, overbought and had to go to Target and buy another suitcase, lol. Was flying Southwest so was cheaper to buy suitcase than ship.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:28 pm

Esko5150 wrote:Got a Boba Fett just to say I got one. But I don't think I'll be getting any more. It's a cool idea but pricey and I'd rather collect regular ones.

I was buying them, but at $50 I'm going to be more selective, especially since I like those new 3L sodas.
FDO LA 6

FUNKON 2021

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:03 pm

Lexi wrote:
Esko5150 wrote:Got a Boba Fett just to say I got one. But I don't think I'll be getting any more. It's a cool idea but pricey and I'd rather collect regular ones.

I was buying them, but at $50 I'm going to be more selective, especially since I like those new 3L sodas.

I like the see through cases they come with more than anything lol
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:27 pm

Esko5150 wrote:
Lexi wrote:

I like the see through cases they come with more than anything lol

They are cool and you can't beat the packaging if you order online.
FDO LA 6

FUNKON 2021

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:30 pm

I don’t like their price tag but I think they are cool!
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

Elewitt2022

Postby Elewitt2022 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:16 am

I've been waiting for the price of the Vader chase to come down, but it seems to keep going up - over $200 now!

And I still have the extra common sitting in a box, from when I bought two from Funko hoping for one of each....silly me!!! lol lol lol
Instagram: @suplexrd

:freddy3:

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:27 am

[quote="Elewitt2022"]I've been waiting for the price of the Vader chase to come down, but it seems to keep going up - over $200 now!

And I still have the extra common sitting in a box, from when I bought two from Funko hoping for one of each....silly me!!! lol lol lol[/quote]

I had no idea that the vader chase is now that much.
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:42 am

Still need me a giant Boba!

brinkleytroy

Postby brinkleytroy » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:53 am

Looks like they have slowed down on the Diecast funkos now. They are pretty cool but just not a fan of the chase versions. Not sure if these latest ones haven’t been selling so the are slowing down on producing them.

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:04 pm

Lexi wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:This is true!!! I’m bringing a carry on to NY but will have a large duffel bag in my carry on to swap out clothes on the way back home and keep the things I buy in my carry on.

Funny story, I went to ECCC a few years ago and I am used to driving when I go to SDCC but flew to Seattle and yeah, overbought and had to go to Target and buy another suitcase, lol. Was flying Southwest so was cheaper to buy suitcase than ship.

haha thats what Im affraid of. I am planning on taking some addtional duffle bags and I can swap out my clothes for colletables. Colectables will be carried on with me. Clothes can be replaced far cheaper haha
Image Image

IHateMondays

Postby IHateMondays » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:09 pm

Elewitt2022 wrote:What is the general feeling about Die Casts among the Fukofunatic Community?

I actually like the way that they display - they feel protected but also totally visible. Easy to open if you want to - not like a pop protector, where once it goes in, I dare not try to open it again and damage the thing I am trying to protect.

And I like the weight of them - they feel substantial!

But I get that they also cost a lot more. So, maybe best for special characters or product lines.

Where do we think they will go next with future Die Casts?

Excited for the future of them but I do agree with what you said, definitely will be getting only ones I feel strongly about!
I am a new collector and new to FunkoFunatic!

[u]Events Attended[/u]
Star Wars Celebration 2022
Funko Fundays 2022

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:18 pm

brinkleytroy wrote:Looks like they have slowed down on the Diecast funkos now. They are pretty cool but just not a fan of the chase versions. Not sure if these latest ones haven’t been selling so the are slowing down on producing them.

I agree, I think they have slowed down or maybe everything has just slowed down for now.
ImageImageImage

Jessedtaylor77

Postby Jessedtaylor77 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:33 pm

They look great. But weight is an issue. Can’t stack them on top of regular pops. Also if you need to mail one shipping is big due to its weight. And of course price point is a lil high for me.I can get up to 3-4 pop for the same price.

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:17 pm

hpellot wrote:
brinkleytroy wrote:Looks like they have slowed down on the Diecast funkos now. They are pretty cool but just not a fan of the chase versions. Not sure if these latest ones haven’t been selling so the are slowing down on producing them.

I agree, I think they have slowed down or maybe everything has just slowed down for now.

I think they slowed down and thats amazing my wallet cant take it anymore Jjajaj
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:38 pm

tlaloc666 wrote:
hpellot wrote:

I think they slowed down and thats amazing my wallet cant take it anymore Jjajaj

That's what they want you to think ;)
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:25 am

I really do like these, but the price point is a big issue for me. I will be very selective with these for sure.
Collecting since 2014

GarrettCipp

Postby GarrettCipp » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:47 am

I was about them and when I saw the glams I was like.. yup! Grabbing all these! Then I missed out on that first one and hard passed on all of them ever since… I think I was just bitter I missed out haha
Hi, I’m Garrett!
First Pop 2014
ISO: Hong Kong Phooey. Fred Flintstone. White Ranger
Insta @ambadassador

:drum:

Revenant-wayfarer

Postby Revenant-wayfarer » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:23 am

I think they look cool, but I’m. It a big marvel guy or dc for that matter. They’re also pretty big. I don’t have the space lol.
ImageImage

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:01 am

They are okay. I like them but not liking that they now have chases
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:01 am

Elewitt2022 wrote:What is the general feeling about Die Casts among the Fukofunatic Community?

I actually like the way that they display - they feel protected but also totally visible. Easy to open if you want to - not like a pop protector, where once it goes in, I dare not try to open it again and damage the thing I am trying to protect.

And I like the weight of them - they feel substantial!

But I get that they also cost a lot more. So, maybe best for special characters or product lines.

Where do we think they will go next with future Die Casts?

I don’t like ‘em. I can’t collect EVERYTHING either. :dontknow:
Image Image
ImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:43 am

nascar246788 wrote:I really do like these, but the price point is a big issue for me. I will be very selective with these for sure.

I agree with that price point being selective makes sense to me as well.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Pop!”