Fundays 2023 Freddy Wishlist

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
LoneWolf72

Re: Fundays 2023 Freddy Wishlist

Postby LoneWolf72 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:33 pm

PopPChulo wrote:You know what would be sick? It would be sick if they did Freddy as the Darth Vader Hologram GITD.

I think they should make the Darth Vader, Obi-wan, Yoda, Luke, Qui-Gon, Darth Maul.....all hologram GITD Freddy's. I mean, if it is a wish list, let's shoot for the stars lol.
I'm Chad AKA Mr. StarWarner.
Image Image
Collecting since 2013
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Virtual Con (2020), and Funkon (2021)
Funko Panel, Bingo Night (SDCC)
Funko Panel, Hall H (SDCC)
Fright Night San Diego
Funko HQ Grand Opening
FDO: Los Angeles (×2), Sacramento, and Baltimore (×2)

LoneWolf72

Postby LoneWolf72 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:58 pm

After reading post regarding the new Willow series and the pops that came out. I think a Willow or Madmartigan Freddy would also be a good choice.
I'm Chad AKA Mr. StarWarner.
Image Image
Collecting since 2013
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Virtual Con (2020), and Funkon (2021)
Funko Panel, Bingo Night (SDCC)
Funko Panel, Hall H (SDCC)
Fright Night San Diego
Funko HQ Grand Opening
FDO: Los Angeles (×2), Sacramento, and Baltimore (×2)

Calico88

Postby Calico88 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:47 pm

lavery01 wrote:
Calico88 wrote:i just hope we get something special

Everything at Fundays is special. but I know what you mean lol

Everyone got the same kinds of box’s at fright night at fundays everyone’s usually gets something different idk never been hoping to get to this year since I’ll be there this year at sdcc

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:33 pm

Calico88 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
Calico88 wrote:i just hope we get something special

Everything at Fundays is special. but I know what you mean lol

Everyone got the same kinds of box’s at fright night at fundays everyone’s usually gets something different idk never been hoping to get to this year since I’ll be there this year at sdcc

At fundays not EVERYONE got the same exact box. Some boxes were slightly different but I get your point. :razz:
Image Image
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:57 pm

LoneWolf72 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:You know what would be sick? It would be sick if they did Freddy as the Darth Vader Hologram GITD.

I think they should make the Darth Vader, Obi-wan, Yoda, Luke, Qui-Gon, Darth Maul.....all hologram GITD Freddy's. I mean, if it is a wish list, let's shoot for the stars lol.

Hologram GITD freddy would be so sick lol they’ve made a couple of holograms recently to so it would make sense
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:02 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
Last year was my first after trying many times. I had so much fun! I am really looking forward to this year's new venue.

Yeah the venue that they are hosting fundays at for this year is waaaay bigger then the hotel they’ve been doing it at

I have been going to SDCC for 9 or so years and this will be the first time checking out the venue where they are hosting. I am really excited more people have the chance to experience Fundays.

I was happy they increased capacity too. I know it will come with changes but literally it’s the highlight of my year any time I go
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:23 pm

mongoose12 wrote:

I’d love to see a Vader Freddy but seeing how vaders mask is so key to the character, I think it’d be hard to pull off. Maybe a battle damage mask could work.

Vader Jedi unmasked. Or Vader ghosts as both Hayden and Sebastian.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:26 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
bitmap wrote:pipe dream, but Top Gun Maverick Freddy Funko!!

They can't do any Tom Cruise pops but they could make a generic fighter pilot Freddy.

Yeah.... But moving on from that situation. Just make BOB and Phoenix and others. Unless Cruise's control is more powerful than we would think.

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:45 pm

Being that it’s at the shell, I expect a music festival like theme. Woodstock or funkochella maybe Freddy as a drummer or a hippie lol
But outside characters would be great to see Freddy Namor, simpsonized Freddy, Freddy as a clown (I know a specific HoF who would appreciate that)
Abel H 3 :freddy2:
The United Funko Family

-Funkowood (Funko Hollywood) Grand Opening
-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-SDCC-Special Edition 2021- Pop! Quiz - Auditions (Rejected)
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023
-Camp Fundays 2023 (Sandwich survivor!)

chester
Hall of Fame Class of 2009
Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Postby chester » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:18 pm

Freddy gingerbread, Freddy Gillian and Skipper, Freddy gecko, Freddy Santa and Freddy heat miser,
Hello everyone! In case you don't know my name is Paul(Chester if your nasty)

bitmap

Postby bitmap » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:53 am

ocwankenobi wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
bitmap wrote:pipe dream, but Top Gun Maverick Freddy Funko!!

They can't do any Tom Cruise pops but they could make a generic fighter pilot Freddy.

Yeah.... But moving on from that situation. Just make BOB and Phoenix and others. Unless Cruise's control is more powerful than we would think.

honestly if they can get the licensing, just give me the entire top gun class and i'll empty out my bank account lmao

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:56 am

bitmap wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

honestly if they can get the licensing, just give me the entire top gun class and i'll empty out my bank account lmao

You don't want Funko to drop them like one piece lol
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:42 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Yeah the venue that they are hosting fundays at for this year is waaaay bigger then the hotel they’ve been doing it at

I have been going to SDCC for 9 or so years and this will be the first time checking out the venue where they are hosting. I am really excited more people have the chance to experience Fundays.

I was happy they increased capacity too. I know it will come with changes but literally it’s the highlight of my year any time I go

And the venue itself is going to be pretty cool. It would be very neat if they did something in tandem with a San Diego orchestra like when John Williams conducted some Star Wars songs.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:19 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

And the venue itself is going to be pretty cool. It would be very neat if they did something in tandem with a San Diego orchestra like when John Williams conducted some Star Wars songs.

That would be wild and then they bring out 24 Darth Vader Freddys and the crowd goes insane

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:41 am

maybe its because i just got my bumblebee freddy today, but id think that getting some freddy decepticons would be pretty awesome.

Justsonice25

Postby Justsonice25 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:30 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
LoneWolf72 wrote:

Hologram GITD freddy would be so sick lol they’ve made a couple of holograms recently to so it would make sense

I know Funko only does Freddy's at SDCC and NYCC, I kind of wish they did one at SWCC. A GITD Holo Freddy as Obi would be amazing!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:25 am

FunkoBurro3 wrote:Being that it’s at the shell, I expect a music festival like theme. Woodstock or funkochella maybe Freddy as a drummer or a hippie lol
But outside characters would be great to see Freddy Namor, simpsonized Freddy, Freddy as a clown (I know a specific HoF who would appreciate that)

I think they are kinda banking on kang to be pretty popular so I am feeling like we may see a freddy kang at some point. I’d loooooove a Freddy Namor.
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:27 am

Dsho333 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

That would be wild and then they bring out 24 Darth Vader Freddys and the crowd goes insane

I was kinda sad when they didn’t do anything lower than 500 at the fundays event this year in the boxes. That year when people were getting 24 pc & super super low LE - everyone was going nuts. Not saying this years box wasn’t good; but I just remember the excitement during the year of the Venomized freddy
PopPChulo

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:07 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

I was kinda sad when they didn’t do anything lower than 500 at the fundays event this year in the boxes. That year when people were getting 24 pc & super super low LE - everyone was going nuts. Not saying this years box wasn’t good; but I just remember the excitement during the year of the Venomized freddy

Yeah I was pretty disappointed too since it was my first fundays and I was excited at the prospect of running around trading to trade for the Freddy I wanted most. Sadly I think the days of low count Freddy are over with this year being even bigger than last. 500 has become the new 24.

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:51 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:

Last year was my first time so I have not had that experience. I was super thrilled with what we got, mainly getting my first Proto. I couldn't imagine people getting 24 pc, that must have been nuts.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:28 am

LoneWolf72 wrote:After reading post regarding the new Willow series and the pops that came out. I think a Willow or Madmartigan Freddy would also be a good choice.

YES, need a new line!

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:30 am

Rcmal1 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Last year was my first time so I have not had that experience. I was super thrilled with what we got, mainly getting my first Proto. I couldn't imagine people getting 24 pc, that must have been nuts.

It was. I was at Fundays in 2019 and you could tell a few times who got the LE24s by the increase in excitement in their area. There was almost localized energy emanating from those tables. It was a lot of fun.

waltstikiland

Postby waltstikiland » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:58 am

LoneWolf72 wrote:

Totally agree!

Would love to see anything star wars this Fundays :)
Started collecting Funko back in 2012!

I am a huge Star Wars fan as well as all things Mid-Century! :mickey2:
I love to go to Tiki Bars and all of Tiki Culture

Love all things Freddy and love to learn more about Funko history!

NYCC 2015-2022
Star Wars Celebration 2022-23

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:30 pm

I would like to see some anime Freddys. One i think would be awesome would be chainsaw man (i know they haven't released any yet).
iso: marvin the martian dorbz 9"
marvin the martian whacky wobbler 20"

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:20 pm

mongoose12 wrote:maybe its because i just got my bumblebee freddy today, but id think that getting some freddy decepticons would be pretty awesome.

Yesssss that Optimus Freddy was my favorite in-person one last year! And oh my gosh that gif is so funny lol
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:30 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:maybe its because i just got my bumblebee freddy today, but id think that getting some freddy decepticons would be pretty awesome.

Yesssss that Optimus Freddy was my favorite in-person one last year! And oh my gosh that gif is so funny lol

agree 100% that optimus was the best of the bunch last year. and a funny fact about the gif, they paid off the cartoon show (gif) in the bay movies...megatron blew up the lincoin monument and sat in his chair lol

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:19 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
FunkoBurro3 wrote:Being that it’s at the shell, I expect a music festival like theme. Woodstock or funkochella maybe Freddy as a drummer or a hippie lol

I think they are kinda banking on kang to be pretty popular so I am feeling like we may see a freddy kang at some point. I’d loooooove a Freddy Namor.

Long as Namor has wings!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:39 pm

rexflexall wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Long as Namor has wings!

Bonus points if they do the version with the gold helmet on. That’s my favorite mold of Namor from the BP2 movie. I am very much excited at the prospect of something like this surfacing.
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:45 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Don’t get me wrong, I want to make it clear that funko doesn’t miss when it comes to fundays. The entertainment, the excitement and even the box of fun is always exciting and quality however; being that I’ve been to a couple of fundays pre-pandemic and post-pandemic. I think that the lower pc count and the variety of the fundays boxes was really really exciting bc it made you go around and interact with other fanatics to see what they got & trade etc etc. I guess the same happens with protos but to see that some funatics got extra extra lucky by making the journey was extra fun. Tbh though, it was the first fundays after the pandemic so maybe they may bring back the lower pc count for this years fundays.
PopPChulo

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:58 pm

PopPChulo wrote: Tbh though, it was the first fundays after the pandemic so maybe they may bring back the lower pc count for this years fundays.

you have more hope than i do, Fright Night clinched it for me that going forward these events will be all generic prizes for all attendees for the foreseeable future.

bitmap

Postby bitmap » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:33 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
PopPChulo wrote: Tbh though, it was the first fundays after the pandemic so maybe they may bring back the lower pc count for this years fundays.

you have more hope than i do, Fright Night clinched it for me that going forward these events will be all generic prizes for all attendees for the foreseeable future.

i hope you're wrong and that they bring some semblance back pre pandemic for 2023 fundays, but the optimist prime in me is talking

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:20 pm

bitmap wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

i hope you're wrong and that they bring some semblance back pre pandemic for 2023 fundays, but the optimist prime in me is talking

I find it unlikely to go back to lower piece counts if this year the event is going to be bigger. That would mean even more molds that they would have to make unless everything is standard besides a few lucky people but it seems like they want things to be fair based on last year's boxes and prizes.

Rcmal1

Postby Rcmal1 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:20 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Don’t get me wrong, I want to make it clear that funko doesn’t miss when it comes to fundays. The entertainment, the excitement and even the box of fun is always exciting and quality however; being that I’ve been to a couple of fundays pre-pandemic and post-pandemic. I think that the lower pc count and the variety of the fundays boxes was really really exciting bc it made you go around and interact with other fanatics to see what they got & trade etc etc. I guess the same happens with protos but to see that some funatics got extra extra lucky by making the journey was extra fun. Tbh though, it was the first fundays after the pandemic so maybe they may bring back the lower pc count for this years fundays.

I definitely see your point. I was just overwhelmed with being there, no way was I ready to interact with all of the different tables. First time you kind of need to learn the rules as well like someone being the captain of your table and passing things out.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:46 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:

He takes so much care with placing Abe down lol.

Megatron would make the most sense to complement Prime. But one thing I learned from waiting 6 years for Destro and Snake Eyes as the 2nd and 3rd Freddy to be with CC, the timeline is unknown. Would love Soundwave or Starscream. Soundwave with the cassettes as the four quardants or however many sections there are would be great.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:47 am

PopPChulo wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Long as Namor has wings!

Bonus points if they do the version with the gold helmet on. That’s my favorite mold of Namor from the BP2 movie. I am very much excited at the prospect of something like this surfacing.

That was a pretty cool one too!

BulletproofMarsh

Postby BulletproofMarsh » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:27 pm

I’d like to see some kind of Hanna Barbara Freddy. Shaggy Freddy , Freddy as Dick Dastardly, anything Hb.
Still wanting a Freddy Funko pinhead but maybe that be a fright night idea. Elton John Freddy Diamond still would be awesome. Freddy as lion -o is another I’d love to see.

https://www.instagram.com/vee_pike

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:49 pm

Freddy as Battle Toads or even Nightwing! :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:09 pm

For 2023 I need an Ash Williams Freddy!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:53 am

NCDS wrote:For 2023 I need an Ash Williams Freddy!

I was fully convinced that this was going to be one of the Fright Night pops. Sadly, I was mistaken.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:13 pm

Tusken wrote:Freddy as Battle Toads or even Nightwing! :freddy3:

Freddy Battle Toads 2 pack!!!!!!

Return to “Pop!”