2022 SDCC Funko POPs - Freddy's

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Mjacob78

Re: 2022 SDCC Funko POPs - Freddy's

Postby Mjacob78 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:31 pm

Chingy wrote:There were none less than LE500. And the only ones that were that low is the metallic Optimus, metallic Loki, Freddy Fresh, Freddy Summertime, Optimus Freddy, Freddy showtime, the blacklight soda Freddy, and the mascot pop which were all from Fundays. The only item from the booth that was numbered, was the Freddy mask which was LE3000

And the Demogorgon pop with the Loungefly bag was LE 3000
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:38 pm

With Funko doing so much lately I wonder if they just found it easier to do less Freddy variants with larger numbers then to actually create more lower number varieties. With SDCC and Funkoville, Fundays, H Hall,Funkon, D23, NYCC, Fright Night, ECCC thats a lot very close together. I do hope that next year they take the time to be creative with the Freddys and do several low edition 500, 400, 300 and lower of several characters instead of a large number of Freddys that everyone gets. I would love to trade after the show than everyone have the same.
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:46 pm

Kakarote wrote:
willy wonka wrote:
Kakarote wrote:
I do like the smaller venue better but I think they want to give more opportunities to those that were not able to make it in the past.

I really hope it doesn't lose its magic touch.

Regardless, I'm still going to try and attend.

Yeah I agree. More people attend will be more people having fun. So I am all for it. I do hope it won't lose it magic touch

Willy Wonka, I can see you're from Toronto as well. Do you think they'll have a big event in Toronto and did you go to the last Fundays?

The only big event we had was Fan Expo. I don't see them coming back here. I was at Fundays as its always a good time.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

asiantonystark

Postby asiantonystark » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:53 pm

Mjacob78 wrote:With Funko doing so much lately I wonder if they just found it easier to do less Freddy variants with larger numbers then to actually create more lower number varieties. With SDCC and Funkoville, Fundays, H Hall,Funkon, D23, NYCC, Fright Night, ECCC thats a lot very close together. I do hope that next year they take the time to be creative with the Freddys and do several low edition 500, 400, 300 and lower of several characters instead of a large number of Freddys that everyone gets. I would love to trade after the show than everyone have the same.

To be honest, w/ next year's Fundays being moved to a larger location, I'd be surprised if we see anything lower than 500 pc LE given out. I guess the first path to seeing how things may be next year would be waiting for the Fright Night releases. I haven't heard anything on the amount of tickets for the event yet, that would definitely drive the exclusivity of the pieces.
hey, I'm Ryan

Image Image Image

ISO: Iron Man Protos | Spastik Plastik

Bam808

Postby Bam808 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:25 pm

Love all the Freddys that came out during this years Box of Fun, Fundays.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:38 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
runtodere wrote:Oof. We were thinking the same thing - Hall H sort of a trial run? Yuck.

yup, between the Demogorgon (complete with Hall H sticker already) and the fact that the Hall got the previews Fundays usually has, it seems pretty clear to me the direction the company will continue to go.

#-o :(

Kakarote

Postby Kakarote » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:47 am

Well hopefully they bring back some rare exclusives
Image:freddy2:

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:21 pm

Mjacob78 wrote:
Chingy wrote:There were none less than LE500. And the only ones that were that low is the metallic Optimus, metallic Loki, Freddy Fresh, Freddy Summertime, Optimus Freddy, Freddy showtime, the blacklight soda Freddy, and the mascot pop which were all from Fundays. The only item from the booth that was numbered, was the Freddy mask which was LE3000

And the Demogorgon pop with the Loungefly bag was LE 3000

Oh that's right! I had completely forgotten about that. Good catch.

NoobMaster69

Postby NoobMaster69 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:04 pm

partner-in-crime wrote:
NoobMaster69 wrote:I heard that there was one that was from an edition of 100 but didn't actually see it

What was it supposed to be of?

i clarified with someone - I was mistaken with the topic that night as there was a lot going on.

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:21 pm

NoobMaster69 wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:
NoobMaster69 wrote:I heard that there was one that was from an edition of 100 but didn't actually see it

What was it supposed to be of?

i clarified with someone - I was mistaken with the topic that night as there was a lot going on.

Yes there was, okay, thanks for clarifying.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

Return to “Pop!”