Auotgraphing Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Praxis52

Re: Auotgraphing Pops?

Postby Praxis52 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:44 pm

I love getting my POPs signed! It’s always great meeting your favorite actors and a little signed item helps keep that memory alive! So far my favorite signed POP is my Silver Ichiro one!

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:34 pm

ISO SIGNED PEE WEE HERMAN ALL DAY

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:00 am

funkomarv96 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:My walking dead signed collection so far

https://imgur.com/gallery/UQmezJn

That's an AWESOME collection! After spending hours at the AMC booth at SDCC for a chance to win a ticket into the WD cast signing, we actually pulled a winning ticket. I didn't have any WD pops with me at the time, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway because booth staff were being super strict and only allowing the provided posters to be signed. Not to mention, given how absolutely chaotic the booth was during the signing, they would have probably gotten crushed #-o Still, it was a crazy experience and super cool nonetheless!

Omg I’m super jealous!!! What year was that?

Oh man, had to have been 2014 I believe? Time flies, holy mackerel lol
My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:06 am

kidleaderkty wrote:
bryan_sato54 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:
That's an AWESOME collection! After spending hours at the AMC booth at SDCC for a chance to win a ticket into the WD cast signing, we actually pulled a winning ticket. I didn't have any WD pops with me at the time, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway because booth staff were being super strict and only allowing the provided posters to be signed. Not to mention, given how absolutely chaotic the booth was during the signing, they would have probably gotten crushed #-o Still, it was a crazy experience and super cool nonetheless!

Nice poster of the WD. Yeah the sdcc lottery for signing has gotten strict and crazy every year.

That's a nice lottery to win for a signing with how many people are including in some of those.

Oh yeah, totally. We actually hit on the 'Fear the Walking Dead' signing as well. I wanna say that was something like 15+ signatures. It was crazy. Ahhh yes, the good old chaotic days of SDCC, prior to the exclusives portal lol

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:16 am

Lobstercrossing wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:

Omg I’m super jealous!!! What year was that?

Oh man, had to have been 2014 I believe? Time flies, holy mackerel lol

Maaaan if only they do it this year! Fingers crossed they atleast have a walking dead panel. If you ever ever ever!!!! Decide to get rid of that please keep me in mind lol

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:17 am

Lobstercrossing wrote:
kidleaderkty wrote:
bryan_sato54 wrote:
Nice poster of the WD. Yeah the sdcc lottery for signing has gotten strict and crazy every year.

That's a nice lottery to win for a signing with how many people are including in some of those.

Oh yeah, totally. We actually hit on the 'Fear the Walking Dead' signing as well. I wanna say that was something like 15+ signatures. It was crazy. Ahhh yes, the good old chaotic days of SDCC, prior to the exclusives portal lol

Was Lenny James (morgan) apart of the panel? Or was it early seasons before he joined?

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:18 am

bryan_sato54 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:

I’m hoping it’s easy this year! It’s my first time going

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:18 am

funkomarv96 wrote:
bryan_sato54 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:

Oh wow. Its going to be an eye opener for you. If your going for the first time. Take everything in and have fun. Try not to spend too much money but enjoy every section of each booth.
Hi Im Bryan & Im Pop Collector & Back to the Future Collector as well. \:D/

INSTAGRAM : BRTS054

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:32 am

TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:ISO SIGNED PEE WEE HERMAN ALL DAY

That would be a great find!

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:58 pm

bryan_sato54 wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:
bryan_sato54 wrote:

Oh wow. Its going to be an eye opener for you. If your going for the first time. Take everything in and have fun. Try not to spend too much money but enjoy every section of each booth.

Money is going to be the first thing leaving my pocket lol

Angelstorm

Postby Angelstorm » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:12 pm

Yeah getting signed pops is my new thing lately ! I don't have that many yet but the collection is growing ! My two biggest ones are probably Lin Manuel Miranda and Haley Steinfeld.

kidleaderkty

Postby kidleaderkty » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:38 pm

Lobstercrossing wrote:
kidleaderkty wrote:
bryan_sato54 wrote:

That is something nice with that many of the walking dead signatures, must have been a fairly large area it took up to make that happen at the convention.
SDCC 2024, first time attending!

Next on my list is to attend Fundays!

Anime fanatic

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:25 pm

rexflexall wrote:

Seen one PSA but the person wanted waaaaaaay to much

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:14 pm

kidleaderkty wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:
kidleaderkty wrote:

That is something nice with that many of the walking dead signatures, must have been a fairly large area it took up to make that happen at the convention.

Walking dead will forever be goated!

Brianl1989

Postby Brianl1989 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:37 pm

;-)
Elewitt2022 wrote:I have been collecting Funko for a few years now, and I got my first autographed Pops as part of a completist effort for my Scott Pilgrim set.

And then for a little while, I started picking up some random autographed Pops from local shops who could vouch for the signatures, and then I sent away items to autograph companies when they had interesting celebrities I could find Pops for. Eventually I even bought some on ebay, although these felt the most sketchy, with or without the various authentication stickers. [-o<

But ultimately, I decided that having an item signed in front of me, personalized with my own name right there on the box was the most satisfying. Each signed pop has a story now, and when its displayed on my shelf, its so much more meaningful! I understand that the personalization makes it less valuable, but it can't always be about resale, right? 8-[

Its definitely harder to get, but there are a few cons where you can get up close and request signatures, so I just keep an eye our for who will be visiting, and bring my own pop to be signed. :bounce:

I am curious how others on the board feel about autographs in general, and about personalization especially.

Also, if others know of good places to find signings, please share. I live in Atlanta, so Dragon Con is a great source for me each year!

I love auto pops I get them while at cons all the times.

Brianl1989

Postby Brianl1989 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:38 pm

Fugly16 wrote:I like sigs, only got a few but when presented with the opportunity I say why not.

That’s the way I take it as well

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 am

funkomarv96 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:
kidleaderkty wrote:

Was Lenny James (morgan) apart of the panel? Or was it early seasons before he joined?

I just got confirmation, the first WD signing I went to (the one pictured) was Season 5 in 2014. Lenny wasn't part of the panel/signing yet, but he was the following year in 2015.

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:56 am

kidleaderkty wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:
kidleaderkty wrote:

Yeah, the regular The Walking Dead signings were always in the main exhibit hall, which was totally insane, however the Fear The Walking Dead signings were typically off-site and MUCH more chill/spacious.

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:04 am

Lobstercrossing wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:

I just got confirmation, the first WD signing I went to (the one pictured) was Season 5 in 2014. Lenny wasn't part of the panel/signing yet, but he was the following year in 2015.

Do you happen to know when was the last signing/panel they did at sdcc? I went to the Daryl Dixon panel here at nycc last year and managed to get his autograph

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:31 am

TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

Seen one PSA but the person wanted waaaaaaay to much

Yup that PSA moniker makes folks demand a premium LOL!

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:27 pm

funkomarv96 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:

Do you happen to know when was the last signing/panel they did at sdcc? I went to the Daryl Dixon panel here at nycc last year and managed to get his autograph

I'm not entirely sure. As the years went on, the WD booth size shrunk smaller and smaller. I wanna say the last time they did any type of WD-related signing, it was all off-site. Couldn't tell you when it was or who was signing however. Sorry about that.

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:34 pm

Lobstercrossing wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:

I'm not entirely sure. As the years went on, the WD booth size shrunk smaller and smaller. I wanna say the last time they did any type of WD-related signing, it was all off-site. Couldn't tell you when it was or who was signing however. Sorry about that.
Off site but still ran by sdcc?

Chuckles00012

Postby Chuckles00012 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:52 pm

I have a one signed by Mike Becker and an imagineer. It's a Peter Pan Freddy.

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:47 pm

I’m hoping to get some voice actors to sign my anime pops
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:33 pm

funkomarv96 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:

TBH, I'm not entirely sure if SDCC operates off-site activities.

Chenzo157

Postby Chenzo157 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:16 pm

I love getting my pops signed by voice actors. Get to meet the person behind the voice and if they have time we usually get to talk a little. Every single one I've met they've been nothing but a delight
Camp fundays 2023 bound! :freddy1:

Hannay

Postby Hannay » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:19 am

I was thinking about getting some Pops signed by the Disney characters, but I worry that the writing would be too small for their gloved :) hands.
One I have that I would loveeeeeee to be signed is a proto Pluto.
~Ana | Las Vegas, NV | @agaleski on Instagram
ImageImage Image Image Image

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:00 pm

Lobstercrossing wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:

TBH, I'm not entirely sure if SDCC operates off-site activities.

I’m way in over my head for sdcc lol nowhere near compared to nycc

NitroNiki

Postby NitroNiki » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:25 pm

Hannay wrote:I was thinking about getting some Pops signed by the Disney characters, but I worry that the writing would be too small for their gloved :) hands.

That’s a great idea! I think they’d be able to because the characters go through training and I’m sure that’s covered. Now you’ve sparked my interest in getting my Ariel signed. LOL
"You'll never beat me, Egg Shen!" :SW9:

ImageImage

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:23 pm

I like getting pops signed. It makes for a good memory when you get them signed yourself. I have 12 signed pops so far.
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:25 pm

I like getting pops signed. It makes for a good memory when you get them signed yourself. I have 12 signed pops so far.
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

Chuckles00012

Postby Chuckles00012 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:34 pm

thebigdog14 wrote:I like getting pops signed. It makes for a good memory when you get them signed yourself. I have 12 signed pops so far.

There is something special about getting signatures yourself. My first signed pop was Conan O'Brien at SDCC. He signed for everyone who was there and talked to everyone. It was a cool experience.

edsteez

Postby edsteez » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:32 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
edsteez wrote:I have one sig in my collection, kait Diaz from gears of war. VA: Laura Bailey

Did you have it signed or you just bought it signed?
I got it actually signed at a gears 5 event in LA, can’t believe she was there! I sprinted to my car to grab the pop lol :freddy3:

Universalman

Postby Universalman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:22 pm

Lobstercrossing wrote:

Would love to see a pop collection of signed Walking Dead actors!!

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:26 am

Chuckles00012 wrote:
thebigdog14 wrote:I like getting pops signed. It makes for a good memory when you get them signed yourself. I have 12 signed pops so far.

There is something special about getting signatures yourself. My first signed pop was Conan O'Brien at SDCC. He signed for everyone who was there and talked to everyone. It was a cool experience.

I met him walking on the streets randomly in nyc he’s a super tall dude

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:14 am

Hannay wrote:I was thinking about getting some Pops signed by the Disney characters, but I worry that the writing would be too small for their gloved :) hands.

I saw a video on IG of someone that had an album of Lorcana cards signed by Disney characters. The autos looked pretty good!
Hey, I’m Alan!

Events checked off:

Funko Fundays 2017, FunKon 2021
SDCC 1999, 2017-2019, 2022, 2023
WonderCon 2019
Comic Con Revolution Ontario 2017, 2018, 2023
Los Angeles Comic Con 2016, 2018, 2019

Lilfinger

Postby Lilfinger » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:08 pm

I enjoy going to cons and getting my funkos signed. I just did a con where binx from hocus pocus signed and he drew a little cat on the side. I do tend to stick to just the autograph and character name tho

Chuckles00012

Postby Chuckles00012 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:34 pm

funkomarv96 wrote:
Chuckles00012 wrote:

He is super tall. I'm 6'2 and he is taller than me. Super nice though.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:27 pm

Chuckles00012 wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:
Chuckles00012 wrote:There is something special about getting signatures yourself. My first signed pop was Conan O'Brien at SDCC. He signed for everyone who was there and talked to everyone. It was a cool experience.

He is super tall. I'm 6'2 and he is taller than me. Super nice though.

How cool. I haven't had any of my Conan Pops signed but I think Conan would be a great person to have sign them. Super cool and super tall. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Suprmike6

Postby Suprmike6 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:42 pm

The only signed Pop! I have in my collection is Wash from Firefly, I won it from an auction for the California Browncoats at SDCC a few years ago. I trust them enough that I'm sure it's authentic. But I'd only buy signed ones from reputable places or if I saw it signed in front of me

Return to “Pop!”