Auotgraphing Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Darthawz

Re: Auotgraphing Pops?

Postby Darthawz » Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:36 am

Yeah, I am turning into an OOB collector to protect box coloring and the few sigs I have but then I or other people that possibly fans appreciate them.

Superturtlewave

Postby Superturtlewave » Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:54 pm

I personally enjoy the signatures from the people I want to get it from. I still have my signed Conan O'Brien till this day! It just adds to the memory.

EPogue6

Postby EPogue6 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:13 pm

I have very few autographed Pop!s but the ones I do have are by trusted sources. If they are autographed they stay in box with protection.
I am a leaf on the wind.

jigsaw

Postby jigsaw » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:28 pm

Baseman314 wrote:
jigsaw wrote:i have some autographed pops but never really got addicted to autos on pops. Cast signed movie posters are much easier and take up less space imo lol

Oh yea that is definitely true. I kind of do both but I just love getting autographs in general and getting a story with them all.

yes i can agree!! =D> =D>
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Goatedfunko

Re: Autograph or not to autograph? That is the question!

Postby Goatedfunko » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:54 pm

FunkoEmu wrote:
mastakimchi wrote:Autographs are cool, but i think the whole quote fad is getting out of control. when i see a wall of text on the front and side cover with illegible handwriting i wonder why people are trying to give their favorite actors/actresses arthritis.

I don't mind a short/quick quote.... that can add to it (if there is something iconic by the character). But I totally agree that it is out of hand. Anything more than a short quote just takes away from the actual autograph at that point. Plus it gets celebs to get tired of doing quotes and raising prices.

Haha you should see my statue I got from japan of kid krillin. The voice actor put a massive quote under the stand and it’s awesome but so big. I saw a quote on a funko pop once that was every inch of the front and side window. Couldn’t see the pop itself but I guess if it’s an ugly pop this might be a good idea to hide it :idea:
Central California Crew (of one :freddy3: )
The nurse!

SDCC: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
NYCC: 2022
Fundays: TBD

Goatedfunko

Postby Goatedfunko » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:00 am

Superturtlewave wrote:I personally enjoy the signatures from the people I want to get it from. I still have my signed Conan O'Brien till this day! It just adds to the memory.

Super cool. Some of my favorite memories are from going to see him during Comicon sdcc. I don’t think I have any of them signed but that would have been cool to get. I’ll have to take a look at my pops again. Those are put away but always cool.
The nurse!

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:46 pm

We took advantage of a few of the 7 Bucks a Pop signings at SDCC and had Abby Trott and Bryce Papenbrook sign their Demon Slayer Pops

Spoiler: show

Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

Goatedfunko

Postby Goatedfunko » Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:47 pm

nerdandcheese wrote:We took advantage of a few of the 7 Bucks a Pop signings at SDCC and had Abby Trott and Bryce Papenbrook sign their Demon Slayer Pops

I was going to do the same but JSA or another signature verification company wasn’t at Comicon.
The nurse!

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:27 pm

Goatedfunko wrote:I was going to do the same but JSA or another signature verification company wasn’t at Comicon.

That would have been nice. Can’t beat the $10 at the show authentication.
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

Goatedfunko

Postby Goatedfunko » Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:59 am

nerdandcheese wrote:
Goatedfunko wrote:I was going to do the same but JSA or another signature verification company wasn’t at Comicon.

That would have been nice. Can’t beat the $10 at the show authentication.

They want $30 a pop for outside signatures
The nurse!

Zomcataj

Postby Zomcataj » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:53 pm

I like to see the person signing my pop. It really makes me happy and adds to the stories I tell at work.
Living life to the fullest! :freddy2:

WildBill

Postby WildBill » Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:06 pm

I’ve had some bad luck recently with mail-in signatures. In one case, they didn’t write my quotes even though I paid extra for them. And another time there was an issue with the paint pen they used (but got a 50% discount because of it). I might stick to in-person from now on.

nerdgirlbritt

Postby nerdgirlbritt » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:17 pm

I think that if I ever got one signed I would want it to be on a Pop Hard Stack so that I wouldn't actually damage the Funko box at all and would still have the signature. Not sure if that would be an option but I think that is how I would do it. That way you could swap out the pop for another character of the same person if you wanted down the line or a more exclusive pop you get of that character.

Ohlordypops

Postby Ohlordypops » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:35 pm

I have signed pops and I enjoy looking at them (in hard stacks) and remembering the interactions I had with those that signed them.
Hi! It's Lauren
IG & Twitter: Ohlordypops
Follow me on Instagram: @ohlordypops

Elewitt2022

Postby Elewitt2022 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:44 pm

Has anyone every gotten a pop signed personalized for a friend of family member as a present?

I recently had Jack Skellington, Chris Sarandon, sign one for my son, since he is a big fan, and enjoys displaying it with his name on the front of the pop!
Instagram: @suplexrd

:freddy3:

evrythngzen

Postby evrythngzen » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:25 pm

Elewitt2022 wrote:Has anyone every gotten a pop signed personalized for a friend of family member as a present?

I recently had Jack Skellington, Chris Sarandon, sign one for my son, since he is a big fan, and enjoys displaying it with his name on the front of the pop!

That's an awesome gift! He was actually at a convention recently near me but I didn't have enough funds to get him to sign a pop. I hope your son cherishes it!
:freddy3: Collector, convention manager, all around nerdy weirdo!!

Relinquish

Postby Relinquish » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:18 pm

they're cool but i don't really value them price wise as high as i've seen them. but i definitely appreciate them

Ronnie18

Postby Ronnie18 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:35 am

I thought about getting some pops signed this year but with the strike and long lines for exclusives I forgot about it. I still thinks it would be nice to have one or two signed pops. Maybe next year

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:52 am

Ronnie18 wrote:I thought about getting some pops signed this year but with the strike and long lines for exclusives I forgot about it. I still thinks it would be nice to have one or two signed pops. Maybe next year

Yeah kinda sucks, you can always buy signed pops somewhere, I think paying a little premium is not a bad idea
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

joeb0011

Postby joeb0011 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:43 am

I have quite a few Auto'ed pops in my collection, but i like to get them signed with me present..its the excitement of actually meeting the stars lol
ImageImage

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:27 pm

Elewitt2022 wrote:I have been collecting Funko for a few years now, and I got my first autographed Pops as part of a completist effort for my Scott Pilgrim set.

And then for a little while, I started picking up some random autographed Pops from local shops who could vouch for the signatures, and then I sent away items to autograph companies when they had interesting celebrities I could find Pops for. Eventually I even bought some on ebay, although these felt the most sketchy, with or without the various authentication stickers. [-o<

But ultimately, I decided that having an item signed in front of me, personalized with my own name right there on the box was the most satisfying. Each signed pop has a story now, and when its displayed on my shelf, its so much more meaningful! I understand that the personalization makes it less valuable, but it can't always be about resale, right? 8-[

Its definitely harder to get, but there are a few cons where you can get up close and request signatures, so I just keep an eye our for who will be visiting, and bring my own pop to be signed. :bounce:

I am curious how others on the board feel about autographs in general, and about personalization especially.

Also, if others know of good places to find signings, please share. I live in Atlanta, so Dragon Con is a great source for me each year!

Totally agree each time my pop gets autographed I have a new story to tell and a new precious item in my collection. Best one I got is the voice actress of ashoka to sign my pop.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:07 am

Elewitt2022 wrote:Love all the comments from everyone!

When you pick a pop to get signed do you look for a rare pop or a common?

I like to get my autographs personalized, which I know makes them less valuable in the future, so I pick a common pop that wasn't going to have much value for resale anyway.....but now it will always be valuable to me, because of the experience of having it signed to me by the artist....

That's a really good question about what pop to pick! Personally, if there are multiple pops to choose from, I go with the one that means the most to me. For Simu Liu, I had a choice between 3 pops (there are 4, I just wasn't willing to shell out for the 4th option!). I chose the MCC pop because I liked the post the most - it really symbolized the movie and his character to me. I don't think I would want to get a pop signed if the pop wasn't one I liked or that meant something to me.
Image ImageImage Image

Wheresmyfunkopop

Postby Wheresmyfunkopop » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:11 pm

Zomcataj wrote:I like to see the person signing my pop. It really makes me happy and adds to the stories I tell at work.

Exactly. For that reason alone I do not think I would ever purchase a signed Pop. I would want the in-person experience.

Wheresmyfunkopop

Re: Autograph or not to autograph? That is the question!

Postby Wheresmyfunkopop » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:14 pm

mastakimchi wrote:Autographs are cool, but i think the whole quote fad is getting out of control. when i see a wall of text on the front and side cover with illegible handwriting i wonder why people are trying to give their favorite actors/actresses arthritis.

100%. I think the quotes are a little overkill. If I do get a quote it is very short. Also, if it is a high value Pop I usually only get the signature. Why have a crazy expensive Pop and you can't even see the damn thing behind all that ink. I saw a guy who got his Fundays Anakin Glow Pop double signed and in my personal opinion it looks awful. The Pop itself is beautiful but you barely can see it.

cue-toys

Postby cue-toys » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:42 pm

joeb0011 wrote:I have quite a few Auto'ed pops in my collection, but i like to get them signed with me present..its the excitement of actually meeting the stars lol

I agree! I prefer getting pops signed with me present. The signature is more for the memory rather than for value.
Hi it’s Jerico!
Collecting since 2012
IG: cue.toys

Funko Events: 2018 & 2019 Fundays, Making Fun Hollywood Premiere, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon Hollywood.

ISO: DBZ PROTOS

Chenzo157

Postby Chenzo157 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:16 am

I love having my pops signed but I do prefer to get them myself in person. I always have a great time meeting them and talking for a little bit
Camp fundays 2023 bound! :freddy1:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:53 am

Katers wrote:

I like to get my autographs personalized, which I know makes them less valuable in the future, so I pick a common pop that wasn't going to have much value for resale anyway.....but now it will always be valuable to me, because of the experience of having it signed to me by the artist....

That's a really good question about what pop to pick! Personally, if there are multiple pops to choose from, I go with the one that means the most to me. For Simu Liu, I had a choice between 3 pops (there are 4, I just wasn't willing to shell out for the 4th option!). I chose the MCC pop because I liked the post the most - it really symbolized the movie and his character to me. I don't think I would want to get a pop signed if the pop wasn't one I liked or that meant something to me.

Once a Pop hits a certain value, I feel weird getting it signed. I have wanted my Pops from The Last of Us signed but they got so expensive after the show came out and now I am hesitant to do it. I usually go with a common and I have started buying two of them when I know I want them signed.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Ragnar_7

Postby Ragnar_7 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:27 pm

I really like getting autographs on my pops cause I get to talk to the voice actors of the animes that I like. Sire I have to pay the premium prices but it's all good. Every voice actor I've met so far are really nice and down to earth.

Glowman_Greco

Postby Glowman_Greco » Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:35 pm

I Don’t Have A Lot Autographed Funko Pops ,
But My Favorite Is This One
Grady Twins Chase Signed By Luise & Lisa Burns

I Swaped The Box Insert To Give A Creepy Sense Of The Shining Movie And I Put The Common Grady Twins Pops OOB Above It.
The Shinning was the first Horror movie that make me afraid at nights when I was kid and especially these Grady twins.
Now I can sleep safer :cheers:
In my opinion an autograph is a something that brings you memories from something when you look at it and the signature makes it more emotional.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:38 am

scullysdad wrote:
Katers wrote:

Once a Pop hits a certain value, I feel weird getting it signed. I have wanted my Pops from The Last of Us signed but they got so expensive after the show came out and now I am hesitant to do it. I usually go with a common and I have started buying two of them when I know I want them signed.

Agreed, the value of a pop is definitely a factor for me! I haven't yet had a crazy expensive pop that I wanted to get signed, and I think if I did, I would only do it if I had 2 of the same pop. Unlikely if it's up there in value! I have a friend who got a pricey pop signed, and I really admired her for just doing it. I think the pop meant a lot to her, regardless of the value. But I would definitely hesitate on that one!
Image ImageImage Image

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:49 am

Ragnar_7 wrote:I really like getting autographs on my pops cause I get to talk to the voice actors of the animes that I like. Sire I have to pay the premium prices but it's all good. Every voice actor I've met so far are really nice and down to earth.

That's definitely nice to be able to talk to them
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

PinoPenguino

Postby PinoPenguino » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:22 am

Any suggestion for bring pops to get signed at any events? I’m finally gonna get my first pop signed at NYCC but I’m a bit worried about transporting it to and from the con :( some friends have suggested taking the pop out and folding the box for ease of transport and safety, but I am also a bit worried I will mess up of the box when I do this :crybaby:

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:10 pm

Elewitt2022 wrote:Has anyone every gotten a pop signed personalized for a friend of family member as a present?

:freddy2: :freddy4: yea. I got the voice of beast boy to sign my gurls pop. She loves that va. I did have him sign the box but now thinking of it it would be best if I had him sign the hardstack. :bounce: :compress:

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:01 pm

PinoPenguino wrote:Any suggestion for bring pops to get signed at any events? I’m finally gonna get my first pop signed at NYCC but I’m a bit worried about transporting it to and from the con :( some friends have suggested taking the pop out and folding the box for ease of transport and safety, but I am also a bit worried I will mess up of the box when I do this :crybaby:

Folding the box and putting it between cardboard is a good way to keep it safe especially if you’re flying, if it’s a shorter trip by driving putting it in a nice armor and just keeping it in a bag on hand is usually enough for me.

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:52 am

Mr Yac wrote:
PinoPenguino wrote:Any suggestion for bring pops to get signed at any events? I’m finally gonna get my first pop signed at NYCC but I’m a bit worried about transporting it to and from the con :( some friends have suggested taking the pop out and folding the box for ease of transport and safety, but I am also a bit worried I will mess up of the box when I do this :crybaby:

Folding the box and putting it between cardboard is a good way to keep it safe especially if you’re flying, if it’s a shorter trip by driving putting it in a nice armor and just keeping it in a bag on hand is usually enough for me.

:freddy2: :freddy4: great advice. Thank you so much. :bounce:

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:38 am

Have a few autographs. The biggest factor isn't so much the auto (which does matter) but the pop pairing for the auto. If I can't find the perfect pop for the auto I want, I'll most likely pass.

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:46 am

sealordbrian wrote:Have a few autographs. The biggest factor isn't so much the auto (which does matter) but the pop pairing for the auto. If I can't find the perfect pop for the auto I want, I'll most likely pass.

:freddy1: you n my gurl have the same problem. We found out that the va of barbie life in the dreamhouse was at her old job years ago. She spent the whole day trying to find a barbie pop she wanted autographed. She ended up taking to long n missed out. It sucks but its the perfectionist I fell in love with. :bounce:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:55 pm

zonkttc wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

I put mine in a hard stack I use only for transporting Pops. I always flatten the box if I am mailing in for a signing, but in person I leave it intact.

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:05 am

scullysdad wrote:
zonkttc wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

I put mine in a hard stack I use only for transporting Pops. I always flatten the box if I am mailing in for a signing, but in person I leave it intact.

:freddy1: What if you're taking it for traveling? Like for me I try my best to pack the pop as safely as I can. But u know u can't control the airport. :bounce: :compress:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:51 pm

zonkttc wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
zonkttc wrote: :freddy2: :freddy4: great advice. Thank you so much. :bounce:

:freddy1: What if you're taking it for traveling? Like for me I try my best to pack the pop as safely as I can. But u know u can't control the airport. :bounce: :compress:

I always keep them in my carry on so they are safe. So far no issues **knock on wood**

Return to “Pop!”